Chapter 6: She seems hesitant

God of Study: Revised Edition

 

-Baek Hyun’s POV-

 

He blinked. Then blinked again. Perhaps he was dreaming?

 

??: Excuse me? Hello there mister? *the girl waved her hand right in front of his eyes*

BH: Hmmm? *so he wasn’t dreaming at all, but found himself staring like a fool with his mouth half-open*  neh?

??: Na Hyun Jung. I said I’m Na hyun Jung. It was nice meeting you. *smiles*

BH: *aigoo, he felt really warm seeing that smile.. and with that, he found himself smiling like a fool.*

HJ: And you are?

BH: Me? *Yah! Snap out of it, he told himself, he regained his composure* Nice meeting you too. I’m Hwang Baek Hyun. So, where do you plan to go from here?

HJ: As I said earlier, before that incident happened, I was on my way home, if not for those gangsters, I was probably home right now. My house is just around the corner. So, I guess I have to go. I’m really grateful for saving me back there. Kumowa. Chongmal Kumowa. *bows sincerely*

BH: *bows back* No need to mention it. It was my pleasure. *smiles awkwardly*

HJ: See you when I see you! Annyeong! *smiles while waving her hand.. soon, he can only see her back.*

BH: Chakkaman! *he chased after her* Let me walk you home.

HJ: *stares at him blankly*

BH: *scratched the back of his head* I’m quite uneasy sending you home alone after what just happened earlier. *he’s having butterflies in his stomach*

HJ: ooh. About that. Ahmmm. *she seems hesitant about the idea*

BH: Wae? What’s wrong? *Why is she hesitating after what just happened to her?*