Chapter 65: Goals and Dreams

God of Study: Revised Edition

-Baek Hyun’s POV-

 

BH: What did the doctor say?

H: Nothing much. Just don’t stress yourself too much.

HJ: Can he be out in time for the Admission test for Chun Ha Dae Halmeoni?

H: Ohh. He’ll be out here tomorrow. He’ll just have to take some more meds though.

HJ: Thank Goodness.

H: Aren’t you going to school? Your parents will scold you if they knew you’re not attending school.

BH: Halmeoni.. *he tried to stop halmeoni but he was too late, she already touched a sensitive topic for HJ*

HJ: It’s alright, seobang. Halmeoni, I don’t live with my parents anymore.

H: Where are they? Who are you living with then?
HJ: They’re outside the country, busy with their business deals. I live alone.

BH: *it hurts him that he can’t do anything about it*

H: What? Why are they letting a young girl like you live alone?

HJ: Don’t worry Halmeoni, I live in a house with top-notched security! *she made a thumbs-up sign*

H: But.. still.. What about cooking? Who washes your clothes? Your dishes?

HJ: They never fail to send me my monthly allowance, and it’s more than enough for everything I need. I cook my own food though, while I leave my laundry to laundry shops.

H: Aigooo. I didn’t know that you have suffered a lot.

HJ: Gwaenchana Halmeoni. I still have my friends with me. They are always there for me. They’re my family too.

BH: *his heart was aching for HJ. How he wished he could take all those pain away.*

HJ: And I still have my teachers with me, they treat me like their real daughter. I’m more than happy to have them. Besides, I became a part of a bigger family than what I originally had.

H: Aigoo. You’re so warm. It makes me wanna have you as my granddaughter too. If you want, so that you’ll have more family members, I can be your grandma too.

HJ: Chincha? You don’t hate me at all?

H: No. I don’t hate you at all. What makes you think that I hate you? Silly child.

HJ: Mian Halmeoni

 

A day before  Chun Ha Dae Exams. ..

 

Everything went back to normal. With the help of Atty. Kang and Saem, CD was lifted from being grounded. He was back to school and to his normal cheerful self. PL, on the other hand, moved back to their home together with her mom. Atty. Kang sued all the gangsters and loan sharks who kicked PL and her mom out from their house.

 

Lunch time..

HJ: CD ah. What are your plans now? Are you still going to take the Chun Ha Dae Admission Test or pursue the scholarship program you’ve won?

CD: Well, after giving a lot of thought, I decided to take part in the scholarship since it’s my dream school after all, especially now that my parents approve of it. Although I won’t take the Chun Ha Dae exams anymore, having to enter this special class and learn a lot of things along the way make me regret nothing at all. Besides, my passion’s really dancing. So, I’d just cheer for you for the upcoming exams. You have to do well, hara?

HJ: Yah. You sounded really mature there CD ah. 

BG: I’m nervous than ever though. It’s only one day left and we’re to take the most dreadful exams.

PL: Relax. We tried our best with everything so there’s nothing to worry about.

BH: What courses are you taking btw?

BG: Veterinary Medicine! I want to take care of animals. I want to save many lives as much as I can. I don’t want them to be like how my previous puppy ended up with.

HJ: Aigoo. Poor BG. Hwaiting! You sure have great future ahead of you.

BG: How about you HJ ah? What do you want to become?

HJ: Me? I still don’t know. I don’t have anything in mind yet. How about you PL ah?

PL: Hmmmm. I want to be a teacher. I love how our teachers help us to become better persons. I love how they can touch people’s lives.

CD: Yah! I can see you in a whole new light now PL ah.

BH: I smell something fishy.. *he teased CD*

HJ: Yah! Are you two dating?

CD&PL: ANI.

PL: Yah! Don’t change the topic. What’s your desired course btw BH?

BH: Me. I wanted to become a doctor. I wanted to cure people unconditionally. I wanted to extend my services for people like Halmeoni who doesn’t have money to afford for my services.

HJ: I’m so proud of you seobang! Yah! You’re so cool! J

BH: Chincha? How about you? Why can’t you decide yet?

HJ: I don’t know. I really haven’t given much thought about it yet. In the right time, I’d be able to decide by then.

 

 -------

Sorry for the very late update! I’ve been having writers’ block, and I was too focused on my other fic. And sorry for the not really exciting chapter update. I’ll make it up for the next chapter which is the final chapter! Bless you my dear readers.