Chapter 57: Memories.

God of Study: Revised Edition

-Hyun Jung’s POV-

 

They’ve reached the park in no time. It’s already dark though. They proceeded to a tree full of decorations - balloons, ribbons and lights. Then, emerging behind it are her friends - BG,PL and CD, holding a cake, with party hats on, singing, “Sengil Chukkasaeyo.. Happy birthday HJ ah. Saranghanda Chinggu!”

She looked at BH accusing him of giving another surprise for her. BH just smiled and nodded.

PL: Yah! Blow your candles already! Make your wish too!

CD: Even though I’m your BFF, I wasn’t able to discover your birthday, Mian. But it’s because you were too good in hiding it from all of us! You indecisive brat! But still, sorry for being such a useless BFF..

BG: It’s our time to celebrate your birthday too! Aigoo, You were celebrating someone else’s birthday with us while you were celebrating your birthday alone all this time. Mian for letting you feel that and for having such foolish friends like us.

HJ: Ani. Gwaenchana. You don’t know how much I’m overwhelmed right now. It’s enough to make it up for my past two birthdays. Hehe. Thank you my dear friends.

She hugged each one of them in exchange of everything they’ve prepared for her.It was indeed a very memorable day for her. And that’s all thanks to her trusted friends, especially her seobang.

 

 

Back to School..

Days passed by real quick. Final Exams is fast-approaching. They are to meet a certain cut-off grade for them to be qualified as students of Chun Ha Dae University, in addition to passing the admission test. With that in mind, their training has become more intense making them not able to spend time together to bond. And so three days before their final exams, they’ve undergone their final school camp.

 

School Camp Day 1

They’ve done so many activities that day. They were barely able to breathe normally. And so, when the sun went down, temporarily stopping their activities but yet to be continued the next day, she went to the swing, her favorite place in the school. No matter what happens to her, whenever she goes there, there’s always this soothing aura that keeps her calm and relaxed.

 She started to ponder as she sits on her swing. Many things have happened to her in this school, in no time, it’ll be their final exams, and then their admission/entrance exams for Chun Ha Dae and then followed by their graduation ceremony. She was really thankful that she chose to transfer in this school. She was able to meet wonderful set of friends. The real kind of friends she’s been wishing to have in her life. And yet they barely have three months to be together and she’ll be missing them a lot.

Talking more about her friends, she has this biggest fear of losing one of them.  And the stakes are between CD and BH, her two most-loved friends. Losing one was inevitable though because she has to decide on whom she’ll let go at the end of the day but up until now, she hasn’t made up her mind yet. Because of the circumstances, the heavy training, she hasn’t been able to talk to any of them. She can’t forget how those two confessed to her, CD was the first one to confess. It was during the time when they were at the hospital after BH getting an accident and after he won the dance festival. She has this most confusing feeling when she received that confession. Not long after, BH confessed too. It was around the time when BH championed a dance contest in their school.

 

*flashback*

 

BH: I won! I won!

HJ: Daebak Seobang! You’re the best!

BH: HJ ah. Remember the promise you’re made with me before?

HJ: What promise?

BH: You promised me that you’d do me a favor when I’d win but I met an accident that time so I wasn’t able to win, it was CD who won instead.

HJ: Yeah. I remember that very well. So what about it?

BH: Fulfill your promise now that I won. Do me a favor.

HJ: But you are in a different contest now, school festival is very different from that exclusive dance festival.

BH: Still, during the dance festival, my being not able to win was void because of the fortuitous event and now that I had the chance, I won fair and square. A dance contest is still a dance contest.

 

They now reached her favorite place.

HJ: Harasso. I’ll do it then. What favor is it?

BH: Just by simply listening to me wholeheartedly and you’ll be able to do me a great favor. That’s all.

HJ: Is that it? Okay. Spill it out. You have my full attention.

BH: I am ready.