Chapter 61: Give him space

God of Study: Revised Edition

-Hyun’s Jung’s POV-

HJ: Why would I? It would be for the best if that ever happens. *She lied*

CD: So does that mean I have a chance?

HJ: Neh? *she didn’t know how to respond from there* CD ahh..

CD: I see. I guess I still haven’t earned a place in your heart, right? *he looked the saddest.* Tell me honestly, I want to hear it directly from you.

HJ: *she shook her head* You will always be in my heart CD ah. You’re my best friend forever, remember? *she’s on the verge of her tears, this is the moment she’s been most dreading of, she’s about to lose her BFF*

CD: Is that all I can be to you? Is it that hard for you to love me too?

HJ: *it hurts her hearing all those painful sentiments from CD. She can’t fathom the fact that because of what she’d say might mark the end of it all so she just stayed silent and cried. *

CD: *he teared up a bit too. He hugged her. She hugged him back*

HJ: I can’t.. lose.. you.. *she said in between sobs*

CD: *he brushed her hair and took a deep breath before breaking from their embrace.* I guess this is the right time to let you go…

FINAL EXAMS DAY

-Hyun Jung’s POV-

Cold beads of sweat were forming in her head. This is the moment that will determine if they are indeed eligible to enter Chun Ha Dae. She can’t focus well. Something’s been bothering her ever since she woke up this morning or is it just because of too much crying last night. Oh well, she needed to focus. She have to pass this exam.

Results have been given the same day they took the exams. She went near CD.

HJ: Charisso?

CD: Ohh. *he answered shortly*

HJ: Chukkahe CD ah! *she hugged him tightly* Daebak!

CD: Kumowa *he awkwardly smiled at her*

She noticed something odd about CD.

HJ: Yah! Hong Chan Doo! Is there something wrong? I thought we’re okay. We’re still BFFs right?

CD: Neh.

HJ: You seemed so not yourself now. Why are you answering with one word only?

CD: Keke.

HJ: See? Since when have you become a one-liner speaker?

CD: Mian. *he walked out of the room; she was about to follow him when BG stopped her.*

BG: Give him some time alone first HJ ah.

HJ: Kure? But..

BG: I know what happened between the two of you yesterday. Believe me, it’s harder for him than what you can ever imagine.

HJ: We already talked about that and I have a feeling that there’s something more than that.

BG: Whatever that is. In time, he’ll open up to for sure. But for now, give him space.