Hobbies

Choreography for the Heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In that narrow hallway, he didnt have any intention of loosening his grasp on your wrist. His sudden touch made you gasp outloud. You had goosebumps all over your body and it almost felt like a cold breeze brushed right past you, giving you the chills. But he still didn't let go your hands and all you could do in that moment was freeze. Maybe he really did just want you get to the subway safely, after all it was 1 am but a part of you wished it was because he wanted to be with you for a little longer. 

You weren't sure how long he held your wrist for or which hand he used to hold your wrist. All you knew was he did it with intention. 

"Oh..Um..ohkay..," your words slurred as he slowly let go of your hands and walked ahead of you. You wished he had held them just a bit longer. 

As you both made your way up the steep stairs, him leading in front of you, he glanced back at you once. His gaze was warm this time and it looked familiar, similar to the time he looked at you at the museum. It made you feel more comfortable in that moment, even if it was brief, atleast he dared to make eye contact with you. 

You both made your way to the station slowly. It seemed like you had to pace yourself beacause he was walking so slowly beside you. The night wind blew on your faces and you found yourself hiding your frozen face further into your scarf. The only sounds we heard as we walked were your footsteps. His were heavy but wide, yours gentle but small. Cars honked past and there were buzzes of sounds all around but somehow during that walk everything faded out becauase you were afraid you might miss his words, if he uttered any. When you heard him speaking to s, his voice, much like his piercing vocals were soft but raspy. When he spoke gently, it sounded like a soft whisper but when he spoke up, you could hear his voice loud and clear. How you wished he would utter some words to you, anything...

It was enough. You decided you had to break the silence. There were still 2 blocks to go untill the subway and you told yourself that when you both reached that blue truck up ahead, you would ask him a question, any question. Step by step, you inched closer to that blue car. Your mind went a million ways trying to piece together words and it somehow managed to jumble together a few words to make a sentence...

"So..JB..How is your Jetlag,? you mumbled softly...what a stupid question....really..out of all the things you could ask..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter