Breakfast and Wish Lists.

Choreography for the Heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was now 11 am, as we headed to a breakfast place nearby. Your expression had been a bit gloomy ever since the employee at the gallery handed you two the new gallery show brochure. The weather too had now turned cloudy, adding to your gloom. He must have noticed because you didn't talk much or look at him as you walked beside him. But you saw it in his eyes too, when he recieved the brochure, he knew what it meant, he knew changes were inevitable, even the most heartbreaking ones. 

But what could you do, it was so hard to imagine this was our last day together. Every step we took, brought us closer to our separation. No matter how positively you tried to think, it always ended with a negative thought. This was it. Last day with him. 

He noticed by now because you had been dead silent the last two blocks. He suddenly stopped walking and you turned around to look at him. His eyes looked at you sharply, and then they looked down. You felt horrible, he tried to be cheerful for you but you coudn't control your emotions as easily as him. But you were going to try, for him. 

You walked back to him and held out your empty, cold hand. You slowly glanced up at him and smiled cutely.

"I'm sorry, please accept my apology and also my hand."You said, slowly pushing your hand towards him, 

He sighed, grabbed your hand and pulled you closer, and whispered.."No..I should be the one...I'm really..sorry, I ruined the morning...,"

"No, it's not you, I think I just..let my emotions get the best of me sometimes..,"You replied, pulling him with all your might to continue the walk to the cafe. 

He dragged on behind you, laughing hysterically at you struggling. His laugh made you subconsiously smile and suddenly it felt like the sun was out again, it felt like flowers were blooming, it felt like the first time our lips met. All beacuse of his laughter. 

During breakfast, we both learned things about each other that other couples probably found out on the first date. You learned that you both coudn't handle black coffee, that you both needed tons of cream and sugar to take away the bitterness. You noticed how you both enjoyed sunny-side eggs over scrambled. You both prefered toast over pancakes. You both noticed how little you knew of each others preferences and yet were already so attached to each other...

He talked to make our conversations normal, so we would not bring up the negative remarks. He talked about how hard he had been working on his compositions, how excited he was to be showing this to the senior composers at the company and how some of his songs might even be featured in the album if the CEO approves. He talked about how he had struggled in the past to get his songs approved because of different music tastes within the company and how it almost broke him to retry different genres everytime. 

He talked about his goals for this year, his goals for himself, his goals for the team. He talked on and on and you listened, your head resting on the palms of your hands. Your attention undivedly on him, just him. As he spoke, the music playing in the cafe seemed to dampen down, all the chatter around us also turned into soft whispers. You saw how when he got really passionate with his words, he would look very sharply at you and his hands would move around everywhere. You also noticed how every once in a while he would stop and check for your reaction, were you bored listening to him, were you annoyed, were you angry...but he knew you were listening becuase you smiled like an idiot at him. 

Breakfast came to an end as the waiter brought us our check. JB then stood up and whispered some words to the waiter as you to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter