Prove it.

Choreography for the Heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the Karaoke Bar, you ordered drinks as he selected songs. The stinging sensation in your heart was still active, so you wanted to rely on alcohol to soothe it a bit. You ordered light drinks, so that you would be in control of your emotions, or not as aware of them. Our goodbye was impending, as the hours went on, but still...

You watched as he sang, some sad songs, some dance tracks and you watched as the bright neon lights hit him at different angles. His chiseled jaw, his sharp eyes, his gentle smirk and his soft, large hands. He looked just as handsome as he did the first time you ever laid your eyes on him. Mic in his hand, he looked like he had found his comfort zone. He belted out high notes like it was nothing, he danced around like it was nothing and that was when you realized how well his body and stamina had adjusted to his life as an idol. And how hard he had trained all these years to build up that stamina and grace...all almost gone because of you...

STOP! No Negative Thoughts...You gulped down one mixed drink, or as you called it "liquid courage." 

You grabbed the other microphone and put on a beyonce track. You belted out sour notes and danced the choreography the best you could in that small room. You noticed him laughing as you spun around, his arms crossed across his chest, his wide back leaning against the sofa. His attention all on you as you continued singing random pop songs, occasionally glancing at him, capturing the rare sights of him laughing like an idiot. 

When would you ever hear him laugh like this again..?...When will you see him next?...These thoughts flooded your mind as you tried to drain them out with the second drink, the drink that was for JB but somehow found its way to your lips instead.

Two drinks down, you felt a little buzzed. So you sat down and watched him sing again. But instead, he left for the bathroom. In that dark room, it was silent again. You sighed as you could feel his absence right away, even with the liquid courage. So you rested your head against the couch and checked the time. It was 5 pm. His flight tomorrow was at 7 am so we had planned on ending this date around 10 pm. So 5 more hours left. 

5 hours were not enough, when even his short departure to the bathroom, felt like an eternity without him. You were all alone, the bright neon lights hiting your face, the TV showing a couple dancing and smiling, looking happy. Almost as if they were mocking you. A small, buzzed you, all alone and heartbroken. 

 You found yourself automatically smiling as he entered. He grabbed the mic and this time, he chose a slow song. A song that felt familiar to you..a song that you had heard before. You tried to remember where this song exactly was from but coudn't recall. 

And then your eyes widened, this was the song he wrote, his song, he made you listen to on the bus for the first time. 

"What.?"..you said, standing up and facing him.."Is this your song..?How?"

He replied, "I talked to the owner just now and had them add this track to the list."

He slowly walked to you and motioned you to sit down as the track played in the background.

"I..I don't have the lyrics fully done yet..but I wasn't sure if it would be included in the album..so I wanted you to listen to it first..no matter what.,"

He hadn't even started sin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter