Selfish

Choreography for the Heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your heart dropped.

You made your way quickly to the counter as JB turned to the desk to pay. The notebook still in his hands. 

You watched as he recieved his card back and turned to you. 

"What's this..?"he asked sternly, not recognizing that it was the same notebook that he himself had put down weeks ago. And maybe that was a good thing. 

"I..I found it at this bookstore..and thought you might like it..,"you replied, wondering if he had not noticed the letter inside.

He Hadn't. A Sigh of Relief. 

"Oh, it's for me?..is says its a composition book..,"he said, slowly undoing the string it was tied with.

"No..don't open it..yet..it's rude to open the gifts in front of the giver..,"you lie. Placing your hands on his hurried hands, stopping him.

"okay..I won't open it on one occasion...get dinner with me before I take you home..,"he said, a coy smile building on his face as he slipped his hands into yours. The notebook back in the bag. Hidden. 

"Okay..Fine..Where to..?"you asked, your heart happy that he made you stay. Your mind angry that you complied so easily. 

"Wherever you want to go..I'll go"he replied, leading you out of the karaoke bar. It was now 6:30 pm. 3 hours 30 minutes left with him. Somehow counting down the hours gave you comfort because you knew that when it came time to let him go, he would go back to his career, his old life...without you there to distract him.

We searched places on our phones as we waited for a taxi to pass by. One after one, we skipped over. You didn't know why, but somehow choosing a place made it more realistic, so you both stalled in front of that small karaoke bar, pretending time had frozen. 

Finally, we picked out a cute dumpling place near the shop. Since it was close enough, we walked. But really, we walked because it gave us both time alone, time together. 

Your hands in his, as he placed his bomber jacket over you again. Just as his jacket shielded your small being from the wind, so did his hands. Everynow and then, he would cup your small hands into his and blow warm air into them. His small gestures were the sweetest because he didn't think much of them, it was just intuition for him and that made it even more special to you. Then you remembered that harshest of winter had not even arrived yet, who would do this for you again.... in a couple of months...?

The wind persisted on as we made our way to the dumpling restuarant. He pulled you closer everytime it did. His arms over you, your head resting on his side, you both walked. 

The restuarant was packed and thankfully we found a small private party had just left. So we booked the small priva

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter