Track 4

Choreography for the Heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

According to the bus schedule posted, there was 5 minutes left until the bus would arrive. As we stood there waiting, we didn't share much words but rather we shared glances at each other. He looked at you and smiled, you also did the same. It felt bittersweet. As much as you liked being there with him, you also knew that this would probably make things harder for both of you when it came time for him to leave. But that was later and for now, all you could think about was how precious these minutes were with him. Watching him smile shyly as he looked down at your shoes, having him play with your fingers as he held them gently in his. His warmth, his smell, his presence....was all going to be a memory soon. 

As the bus arrived, he had you get on first. You looked around and saw that the seats were pretty much taken except for the back seat. The bus looked crowded with businessmen, housewives and children returning from school. You waited for him as he scanned your bus card and walked with him to the back. He offered you the window seat and you took it, you loved peeking out and looking at the scenes outside. But today, this ride would be different, you probably woudn't even be able to focus with him next to you. As he took the seat beside you, you noticed how close he sat to you, almost as if you both were sharing one seat. You smiled and looked at the watch, it was an hour ride to your house and you wished the bus would go even slower, that the traffic would get even messier so that he could stay beside you for longer. 

Stop by stop, the bus slowly headed towards your house. You both still hadn't really talked too much but honestly there was no need for words. As soon as he had sat down beside you, he held you hand in his. It seemed he prefered linking fingers intimately more than simply holding hands. Something about the way he always reached for your hands whenever he could told you that he wanted to protect you. He wanted to let you know that he was there...you wondered if maybe the train incident had really scared him.

"Hey..So I wanted to ask you.."you said "After we got off the train that one time...why did you rush off like you were mad at me..?"

"Oh...that time.."he said, now looking at you gently. 

"Well...I'd never been in a situation like that..and it made me angry..not at you..but at the situation...but also at myself..I knew I was getting attached to you..and so.."he continued. 

"You really scared me that time because it felt like you..hated me..for depending on you during the train ride.."you added, 

You must have looked a bit sad saying those words because he held your hands even tighter and gently leaned into you. 

"It was actually the opposite..the moment I saw him coming for you..I don't know...maybe it was instincts but I felt like I could never let anyone hurt you..and that's also when I knew..I had started liking you,.. a lot..even though I had been telling myself otherwise.." he whispered.

You coudn't think of any words to say because you were sure he could see on your face exactly how those words made you feel. It felt like a dream. Being there with him in that crowded bus filled with sounds of chatter and honks everywhere. You felt so comfortable there and so safe, sitting next to him, sitting so close to him, your thighs touching, arms linked, fingers intertwined. It felt as if you had no concerns, like he didn't have a fligh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter