A Fool.

Choreography for the Heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your alarm rang loudly throughout your bedroom, a radar sound echoing in your ears. You gasped and woke up, checked the time, it was already 7:50 am. You had accidently pressed snooze about 2-3 times without even realizing it. You quickly got out of your bed and ran to the bathroom, only to feel a piercing pain in your ear, you had left the headphones in your ears and it was still attached to your phone. 

You suddenly remembered the happenings of last night. How at midnight, you randomly went outside to see JB for a bit. How he told you to listen to that song and how you fell asleep listening to his compositions. It really felt like a dream but the sharp pain in your ear now reminded you it was anything but. 

You washed your face, teeth and did your makeup at an amazing pace. You put a little more effort into your makeup but decided you would do the rest of it at the salon. Quickly put your yellow dress on and layered it with an oversized beige sweater. The yellow dress had a flowery print and a cute bow in the front. You brushed your hair and took a bite of a chocolate croissant. You weren't sure how long it look to you get ready but this was the fastest ever for you. 

You arrived at the salon and asked for hair services. Since they had just opened store at 7:30, they accepted and started working on your hair. Your hair had become almost shoulder length now and they had decided some wavy curls would look best on you. So they worked their magic and 15 minutes later, you had a whole head of long wavy curls. When you looked at your reflection, you looked so different from your normal image, your cheeks were more flushed today, hair a little bouncier, face a little brighter. Surely, he would notice the difference today, well he better, this was all for him. 

You hurriedly ran out into the street to get a taxi. Thankfully you caught one by 8:30 am. Now there were only 30 minutes to get there and with morning traffic, you weren't sure how long it would take you. As the taxi slowly dragged on with the heavy traffic, you were wondering if you would text him or not about being late. You went with the latter, you did not want to dissapoint him before even getting there.

 Now it was 8:45am and you were pretty close by but still traffic was moving slow. So you decided you would walk or run the rest of the way. You quickly pay your dues and run out into the street. As you ran, you could feel sweat on your face and you worried about your nice curls. Ofcourse, there is not one day where your makeup or hair can properly stay as it was supposed to, you always were running someplace or another.

Finally, after running/walking for about 4 blocks, you arrived. The heels you had on, gave you small cuts in the back of your ankle, but you coudn't even feel the burning pain. You were finally here, where he was. 

You checked the time and it was 8:55 am. Now there were only 5 minutes to get up to the second floor, to where that painting stood still. You ran and waited for the elevator to arrive, the same elevator that you both took when you first met as strangers. You looked around and noticed there were barely any people around, it was still a bit too early for art goers. But that meant you two would be alone again just like the first time, except this time, you both were here close to opening time. 

You quickly got off the elevator on the second floor and ran precisely towards the specified painting. You were in awe how well your mind remembered the interdwellings of this muesuem, how it remembered where that painting exactly was and where you both had stood. You slowly caught your breath and started walking towards the painting. 

You looked around and saw no one except two employees who just smiled at you as you passed them by. Painting by Painting, you walked on, untill you finally reached that one painting. The two people in embrace, the lovers who held each other lovingly but also forcefully. The painting you had both been mesmerized by. 

You checked your watch and it was now 9:05 am but he was no where to be found. You told yourself to be patient, to breathe deeply, to relax. You felt your self become anxious, how stupid would I look if he didn't show up. What would these workers think, they saw me running in and now waiting idiotically infront

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter