An Apology in Advance

Choreography for the Heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day of practice ended just like it did everyday and again Yugeom and Bam Bam asked you to join all of them for dinner but you said no like always. Jb avoided you for the rest of the day and you were glad he did because there was a bit of awkwardness between you two after the talk.You two were now supposedly friends but coudn't even be near each other becuase of your feelings for each other. 

On your way home on the subway, your eyes kept watering and you tried to calm yourself down again and again. You had to just wait a little longer untill you got home, then you could bawl into your pillows and do whatever else you needed to do to get over this day. Once you were home, you put on your favorite miyazaki movie and ordered takeout. You cried untill it felt like there were no more tears left inside you. You knew crying woudn't solve anything because there was nothing left to solve. He set things straight between you two so that your feelings and his, would stop where they were before it would hurt you two even more. You thought to yourself, if you were in so much pain from hearing those words...how must he feel, the one who had to deliver those words despite his feelings for you...It made you like him even more, seeing how he could have used this opportunity to play around with you for two weeks but he didn't...

Although on the outside, he appeared cold and distant, his little actions towards you and the members showed his real warmth and personality. You knew you were never really going to get over him but you had to try, you had promised him your friendship and not your heart...

The next morning, you arrived a bit later and were suprised to see JB waiting outside the practice studio room, alone...

"Hey..What's up..YN..,"he greeted you cheerfully, Wow..it seemed like he didn't have as rough of a night as you did. 

"Hi...nothing much...," you replied flashing a fake smile, hoping he didn't notice your swollen eyes from crying all night. Today you went back to your normal look, no makeup, messy hair and your favorite sweats/hoodie outfit. You two were already "friends" and you had no one else to impress so why not just be comfortable again. 

You both walked into the practice room together and the practice went on. You found yourself looking for JB throughout the practice, like you always did, it had become like a bad habit now. You tried to distract yourself into perfecting and teaching the choreography so that you would not look for him. But it felt like he was looking at you and smiling at you a lot more today. Why is he so friendly today....Oh..We are friends. We are friends. Friends smile at each other like this right, you tell yourself and decided to smile back at him. 

Practice ended and today it was JB who asked you to come out to dinner with them and for the first time you said yes. How could you even say no, you coudn't even think when he came so close to you so you just blurted anything out. So all 8 of you go out to a nearby sushi place. You order yourself some udon noodles and some sashimi. The boys also ordered several dishes, each ordering atleast 2 or 3 entrees. And all of you sat together at a round table, Jackson and Bam Bam to your sides and JB sitting right across from you, facing you. Great. This was going to be just great. 

You had only finished half your udon noodles when the boys suggested going to the karaoke bar near by. Tommorow practice started late and the day after tommorow was our day off so the boys were excited and wanted you to come along to karaoke. The managers parted with them after the dinner and the boys promised to take a taxi back to the dorm by 12, the managers agreed. 

So there you were at the karaoke bar, the boys belting out song after song with their good voices. Next it was JB's turn and he sang a very sweet ballad song, his voice piercing your ears and reminding you of the first time you heard his voice and how it echoed in your heart for a couple of days. He still had a very rapsy but sweet voice and it sounded even more amazing live. This was like torture to you, hearing his voice blasted in this small karaoke room. The same voice that made your heart flutter f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter