Abandoned.

Choreography for the Heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You gently wiped your cuts with a wet napkin. They stung but it was nothing compared to the feeling inside your heart. You felt empty. Like a part of you was just taken out and you had to escape this feeling, this environment, so you quickly left.

You wandered outside, but he was no where to be seen. You stood below a street lamp outside the restuarant, looking to your left, your right and then to your left again. It was dark outside now and the only shadow that lingered was yours.

Had he really left you? Like this? Alone?

"Did his temper get the best of him, even at this point? I thought we had grown enough to understand each other more..but he never really cared for you deeply, you are just a stupid fool for day dreaming..."

Your inner voice mocked you, as you tried to make sense of what exactly happened. You had sternly told JB to not take care of you and he some how associated it with him hurting you even more than he already was.

Now, you were outside the dumpling restuarant, cold wind blowing from every direction as your small being hid in JB's oversized black bomber jacket. The jacket that still smelled like him.

You decided to wait for a few minutes, you decided to text him, but he didn't show up and he didn't reply.

Your heart sank. He had left.

He really just deserted you. That was not the goodbye you wanted, the goodbye you imagined, the good bye you had hoped for. What about the last embrace, last kiss and the last hour toegether..No..It coudn't be. 

Your eyes welled up with tears again, as you slowly walked away from the restuarant. Somehow it felt wrong to still be covered in his jacket, in his scent and his memories.

Did he really..did he leave me just like that? you asked yourself, knowing how stubborn he could be but..things had been going smoothly. He had become understanding of your selfish demands and still...in the end, your selfishness set off his temper. And his temper, was a dangerous one. 

Slowly you made your way to the bus stop near by, the subway station was too far of a walk from here and there were no taxis in sight. Your small feet dragged on in pain, as you tried to wipe away your tears. You coudn't believe that he would do that, he was stubborn but it was not like him to just leave you like this, alone, just because of a small fight. He woudn't have want to say goodbye like this, because that wasn't a goodbye at all. It was just him abandoning you, all because of a few words exchanged..was he really that kind of a person...Coudn't be. That's not the JB you knew. He woudn't do this.

But he didn't reply to your texts and you coudn't call him, since it was an international number. So you kept walking because you really were alone, he wasn't with you.

You sat at the small bus stop, an hour before the next bus would come, but you waited patiently.

People around you, noticed your tearful eyes and asked if everthing was fine.

"Yes. Allergies..,"you lied, how could you tell them the truth. Where would you even sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter