30 Minute Ride.

Choreography for the Heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Third Day of the last week with them, with him. It had arrived, quicker than you expected but also very slowly. That was how it was with JB, things seemed to be going fast and slow, both at the same time with him. Today practice was going to be different. From today on, the duration of the practice was shorter since all that was left to do was to practice over and over again. Sadly, you were happy that practice was going to be shorter but you knew deep down that you wish you could spend some more time with him before he left but that was just your wish..not a reality. 

You walked from the subway to the studio and noticed how much colder it had gotten since the beggining of the month. Your light jacket was not enough for the wind today and you wish you could have prepared better. This walk from the subway that was so familar to you would now remind you of JB since you had walked this same path with him twice. You would remember different landmarks you both saw as you made your way to the subway from the studio. The words you both exchanged, the awkward and silent air between you two. These memories..would drift in and out of your mind like as if looking through old photographs and remembering special moments. 

Practice started with the boys all looking excited about their last week here. They missed their home and their familiar dorm. They missed their life apart back home. However, despite being excited to be returning home, they still worked very hard. Each hand movement, gesture and step was in sync, as if they all shared one body and soul. Their moves were sharp and on beat. Now you no longer had to do the choreography with them and instead just looked out for mistakes as they danced. You focused on each member throughout each run so that you could watch him from the beginning of the track to the end. You had to make sure that they were all in sync. 

The next and last member you focused on was JB. Although you didn't tell the members that you were watching them individually, they could feel it. You had piercing eyes when you focused on something or someone. Your eyes were locked on them and their movements, making sure they did not miss a single beat. They could feel your eyes on them and so they would try even harder to do their best. 

With JB, things were different. The track played again after a short break. They all took positions and you sat in the front, facing all of them. Your focus was going to be on JB this time, you were going to check his accuracy and synchronization with the group. They started doing the choreography and you found yourself focused on him. He was doing his movements effortlessly. He moved with such lightness to his steps that it felt like he had learned to control his strength and energy. He knew exactly at which parts to go harder at and which parts to go softer. When his individual chorus part came, he spun and started lip syncing to his part. His gaze was focused on himself in the mirror, as he checked his gestures and expressions. But suddenly, he looked away from the mirror and looked at you directly, forcing you to quickly look down and avoid his gaze. You looked down at your shoes and barely managed to hide your burning face. You felt your heart pound again after a while but you were much weaker now, even his gaze could make you feel like you were going to faint. 

All the other members had turned around, as per the choreography, since this was JB's solo part. And there the two of you were, sharing eye contact again for a second. You coudn't manage to look back up at him untill his chorus part ended and one by one, the members started turning back around singing the last part of the song. And just like that, the last run through of the day was over. Practice was over for the day at 1 pm. 

Now you had to escape before they would find you and invite you for lunch or their small gatherings. 

You quickly packed up your belongings and excused yourself to the bathroom so that they would not gain suspicion. In the bathroom, you tried to think of a plan. Should I say I feel sick? Shoud I say I have a prior arrangement?...No I used that one yesterday....Maybe I do feel sick...but with what...Yes it's colder today so maybe I have a cold..okay perfect..All the excuses you had been making had actually made you into a good liar now. You could control your expressions and if you coudn't you would just hurry things up enough so that they didn't notice in time.

You walked back to the studio and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter