A Gentle Reminder.

Choreography for the Heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were welcomed back downstairs with everyones loving gazes on you. In that small room you were surrounded by some of the best people you had met in your life. There was Got7, made up of the most hardworking individuals and then there was Jun, one of your best friends in the choreography team. 

You had been so worried about their departure that you had not even thanked anyone for this party. As you tried to get a slice of cake for yourself, you decided you should say something, something that would show your appreciation.

"Hey..Everyone...I just wanted to really thank everyone for doing this, I am usually not very good at speeches but the past month has been an uplifting experience. It's a blessing that my first offical project, with my name, was in collaboration with these seven amazing guys. These guys put in more work than me every single day despite their busy schedules and I am very thankful that I was able to work with such hardworking people." you said, smiling and looking towards the members. 

They smiled back at you and started cheering. Especially Jackson, he was clapping wildly and smiling like a young child. 

JB on the other hand, had what looked like proud smile. In his small gentle claps, you found comfort, knowing that he was the one who organized this party and you knew just how much he appreciated you. 

"Jun, my first friend in the city, I am also very thankful for you, you, who listens to all my troubles and rants about my projects, I really want to say thanks for always being there..,"you continued, now looking at Jun, who smiled and shyly nodded. 

As the small party came to an end, you and the members started cleaning up to make room for practice, the last practice. Despite having tasks to do, you really coudn't find yourself focusing because your thoughts would distract you. You imagined the worse scenarios, what if he doesn't make it tommorow, what if today ends up being the last time we see each other, what if we don't get to say a proper goodbye...

As your anxiety built up, you looked at JB across the room for comfort, smiling and laughing at s stupid jokes and actions. Whenever he smiled, you found yourself doing the same, whenever he sighed sadly, you felt it sharp in your heart too. He stood with a garbage bag in his hands, collecting all the napkins and trash but still giving you a look every now and then. It was just a gentle but longing stare, not the strong gaze he used to have. Perhaps he was feeling sad inside too. He always had a way of building up a wall around his emotions so you never could really read him. But something in the way he stared at you told you he was feeling the same way you were. He too was not ready for this departure. 

As practice started, you watched the members take position and perform the routine effortlessly. There were no mistakes and no sync problems. They really had worked hard this past month and it showed in their performance. It was no wonder the promotions were moved ahead, they really didn't need the extra days of practice, they really were all caught up and they had caught up before you even realized it. And now they were leaving and only after they have really left, will it hit you that they are gone for good. That he is gone. 

Practice ended early as expected and now it was time for goodbyes. As they were in a rush to go to their PR meeting, each member came over and hugged you. Some squeezed you harder and some were more gentle with their hugs. Some exchanged chat id's with you but mostly it was their words to you that touched you. They thanked you over and over again and it made you feel so sad to have to part this soon, this sudden. There were also tears by the time it was the last member, JB. You looked up at him with tears welled up in your eyes but somehow you coudn't meet his eye for too long. Would this really be the last time..No..It can't...

He slowly looked past you to see that the members had one by one gone out into the hallway. He then approached you suddenly, embracing you and giving you a small peck on the top of your head. He then looked directly at you, making a sad and longing expression and wiped your tear as it finally fell out. 

"JB! COME UP!" his manager yelled for him from top of the stairs. 

Sensing a threat, you pushed him away before anyone saw. He released a long sigh as he looked down at the ground, at the space between us. He then looked at you once again and walked away. But as he walked pass you, he softly whispered "9am, first meeting, don't forget."

You turn around and look up at him. He was already halfway up the stairs. Even though tommorow would be the last goodbye, atleast we would have time to ourselves, time alone to be who we were, just like the first time we had met. Somehow his reminder made you feel a bit more comfortable, a bit more at ease. 

It was now 5 pm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter