The Last Embrace.

Choreography for the Heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We entered a quiet subway together, the time was now 8:45 pm. We sat in an empty seat, him letting you in first so you could sit by the window. He was always so kind, so thoughtful. This was the one quality you would miss about him most, his polite and respectful nature. 

The train now headed towards your stop, which was 7 stops away. We were silent, just like how the subway cart was silent. No drunk man this time, no scene this time and still, sitting so closely to him, still made your heart flutter like the first time on the subway. Today had been a rough day, both emotionally and physically. Just 30 minutes ago, you were bawling to him in the car. Your tears explaining to him, how you felt. He also returned those same feelings to you.

That was the first time you had ever seen tears in his eyes. He always had a way, usually, to hide his feelings. Even with s, he laughed but still kept an "image," as he called it. Yet, everytime he spoke passionately about his dreams, laughed at your cute gestures, you saw the bits of him escaping, the bits he kept hidden. Just now you had seen tears in his eyes, not enough to flow, but enough to express how hurt he must have felt inside to have to take you home for the last time, without any promises of the future. 

While you were lost in your thoughts, time went on. The subway had now passed 2 stops already. 

Now we were at the Lapen St. Stop, this was the same stop where you had wondered why JB didn't let go of you that time. Even when the drunk man had stopped teasing you, he still held on, even when the man got off, he still held on to you. So you told yourself, this was the last time you could ask him...what he was feeling that time..and so you did.

You slowly slid your fingers into his, you saw he looked tired but still faced you and smiled. 

"Hey..do you remember when we took this subway the first time? and that man..?"you asked, as he gently leaned his head on yours. 

"Yeah..I do..How could I forget..,"he sighed,

"You know...I thought that time, you were going to let go, when that man stopped, but you still..held me for the next 5 stops..,"you said..grapsing his hand a little tighter. 

"At first..I didn't think I needed to do anything..I didn't even hear him...but I saw your face..you looked anxious and then I saw him coming towards you and I just..,"he added.

"You just what?..,"you asked.

"It was like a natural instict...I just..felt like I had to..protect you..I don't know what came over me but I felt like he was coming for you..and well..I wasn't going to let that happen..,"he added, now taking your hand and giving it a gentle peck. 

"That time we weren't even close..and I wasn't sure about how I felt for you..but when I saw your scared eyes..I knew I was already too late..I already had feelings for you.,"he gently said, sighing. 

"So that was when you..figured out you really had feelings for me...I honestly, that time, I felt like we were strangers, you didn't even talk to me..unless I asked something..,"you smiled, averting his gaze and looking at our feet. 

All these words, how you wished, you could have both shared them sooner but we were both so lost in our feelings and trying to distract from them, that we lost track of time in this short month we had together.

"I coudn't..I didn't know what to say, it felt like you were close to Jackson, who can say a lot and say a lot of right things. Everytime I thought of saying something to you, I would think it was stupid so I would just stay silent. I am sure I came off cold but really...Untill then..I wasn't sure how I felt about you..really, and that's why I was mad..when we got off..I knew I liked you..but I also knew that I coudn't offer you anything..so I had to let these feelings go..so I felt mad at myself..,"he softly whispered, reminding you of the time, you were so upset with the way he toyed with you, back and forth with your feelings.

"Yeah..you hurt me a lot those times..everytime I felt like we got along, you would treat me coldly..everytime I thought we were getting closer, you pushed me away...but somehow I stuck on to you..,"you whispered back.

"I am glad you did. That time was the first time I hugged you, I remember your little face huddled on my chest. You coudn't see me but I was having such a hard time controlling my expression. It felt like my he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter