Chasing Pavements (Doyeon • Yeunjung)

Remember

Characters: Kim Doyeon, Yoo Yeunjung

Request by: aecha93

Title: Chasing Pavements

+++

You're marrying Yoojung and that's final.

Those words rang on Doyeon's ears, the booming voice of her mother fiddling her eardrum going towards the cochlea. She puts a hand on her face as the other was restricted by a body sleeping next to her.

It was her girlfriend, Yeunjung. She met the girl in a club. She was drinking and Yeunjung's fresh voice made her ears and heart in love instantly. They had their ups and downs for almost a year yet they managed against the obscurity of their love story.

Doyeon left the house and ended up sleeping in an old apartment rented by Yeunjung for herself, now for the both of them. Doyeon didn't regret this. Even though she was raised in a silver spoon, she looked at Yeunjung's heart, not the status. She loved her, no matter what happens.

"Doyeon-ah..." Yeunjung woke up from her sleep.

"Hey, baby..." Doyeon rolled to the side to get a good look at her. "Why are you up?"

"I sense something wrong. Are you okay?" Yeunjung asked.

"Oh no. I'm okay. Go back to sleep." Doyeon said, patting the girl's head.

"Sleep with me." Yeunjung pleaded.

Doyeon couldn't say no. She faced her and hugged Yeunjung close to her. Yeunjung slept peacefully. Doyeon did too...but somehow, tears fell from her face.

Should she give up or should she keep on chasing her pavement of love even if it'll lead nowhere?

---

I've made up my mind so you don't need to think it over. If I'm wrong of if I am right, don't need to look no further. Why? Because this ain't lust. This is love.

Doyeon worked as a model while Yeunjung was at the club as a singer. She lived happily with Yeunjung. But then, someone had to rain on her parade.

Her parents came. The worst was that Yoojung was with them.

"What are you doing here?" Doyeon asked them with a lewd tone.

"Doyeon-ah, we came because we want to see how you've been." Her father spoke.

"And you've seen it now, right?" Doyeon continued to spit her words. "I'm fine. In fact, I have many contracts, giving me such opportunities for my job. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go."

"Doyeon-ah!" Her mother yelled and Doyeon stopped. "Have you lost your decency and self-respect?! Think of what you're going through your course of life. Are you really coming with that useless woman -"

"Say your words again and I'm going to destroy you!" Doyeon yelled, throwing the glass away. "Yeunjung is not a useless woman! Jeez, Eomma, why can't you let me be with someone I love?! How many times do I have to put it in your hard head that I'm in love with my girlfriend? And I'm not going back home. I'm happy with Yeunjung."

"Doyeon-ah, please..." Her father pleaded.

Doyeon shook her head and ran away. Yoojung caught up to her and held her hand.

"Doyeon-ah, please reconsider." Yoojung pleads.

"Are you really into this, Yoojung? Aren't you aware that this arranged marriage is all for the family business? I don't want to be a part of it." Doyeon reasoned.

"But...I really love you, Doyeon." Yoojung confessed and Doyeon sighed. "I don't want to be a part of it too. I want to marry you because I love you. Please, Doyeon."

"Doyeon-ah?"

Doyeon got rid of Yoojung's hold and saw Yeunjung. Doyeon went to her and hugged her.

"Hey, baby." Doyeon added a kiss on her forehead. "When did you get here?"

"Just now." Yeunjung said, looking intently at Yoojung. "What are you doing here, Yoojung?"

"Don't mind her." Doyeon said. "You know the reason. But please...let me explain."

Yoojung couldn't do anything, not even Doyeon's parents. Yeunjung felt awkward but Doyeon grabbed her hand and they got out of the building.

---

Yeunjung and Doyeon ate some ddeokbokki next to their apartment. Doyeon was eating heartily yet Yeunjung ate slowly. Doyeon noticed the change of her girlfriend's enthusiasm that she held her hand.

"Yeunjung-ah...let me explain."

"Okay. Go on." Yeunjung said.

"They came out of nowhere. They still force me to marry Yoojung but you know that won't happen." Doyeon said, holding Yeunjung's hand tight. "I love you. I'm not going to lure myself to them, okay? I'm staying with you."

"But Doyeon-ah...they're right. I'm useless. I can't even give you a life like you once had." Yeunjung was in the brink of crying.

"Hey..." Doyeon went to sit next to her to hug her. "That doesn't matter to me. It won't make me happy. Yeunjung-ah, I'm ecstatic to be with you. I may lose all that I had but I have everything. I have you. You're my everything, Yeunjung."

Yeunjung adored Doyeon's words as she hugs her tall girlfriend. Doyeon chuckled and hugged her back.

"I love you, Doyeon-ah." Yeunjung spoke.

"I love you, Yeunjung. So, so much..." Doyeon replied.

---

I tell the world yet I never say enough because it's not said to you. But then, is it why I need to say it to you to end up being with you?

Yeunjung was done with her performance. She got her pay right away and a special letter she will open later. She thanked her manager and decided to go home when an unexpected person met her.

"Yoojung?"

Yoojung was crossing her arms and faced Yeunjung. "We need to talk."

"If this is anything about Doyeon, leave me out of it. I'm going home." Yeunjung spoke, tossing the midget aside.

"Don't you dare turn back on me, Yoo Yeunjung!" Yoojung yelled and Yeunjung faced her with an angry look. "If you do anything for Doyeon, you talk to me of something."

Yeunjung was pissed. As much as she wants to stop interacting with anyone that doesn't suit Doyeon's interests, somehow she felt tingly if she doesn't. "Alright! Make it quick!"

Yoojung faced her. Yeunjung asked what as Yoojung said. "Leave Doyeon. She's mine to begin with."

"Tell that to the jury." Yeunjung hissed. "Didn't Doyeon loathe you for agreeing to this arranged marriage thing?"

"You think this is just some petty marriage? It's for our business, a thing a commoner like you wouldn't understand." Yoojung spat.

"Watch what you say, midget." Yeunjung hissed again. "I may not know anything of that business but let me tell you this: Doyeon's not interested in it. She's staying with me and that's that."

Yeunjung left Yoojung stunned but somehow, her heart felt heavy. As she grabbed a bus, she never thought she could say it. She even thought of what Yoojung said and felt her blood boil.

But she couldn't hold the insecurity. It kept ringing on her head until she got home.

Doyeon waited for her outside and she noticed Yeunjung's distressed look. 

"What's wrong?" Doyeon asked.

Should Yeunjung tell her that Yoojung talked to her? She knows Doyeon will understand but she didn't want to involve anyone in such a casualty.

"Yoojung came to talk to me, saying that I need to leave you. I told her no. I even cursed at her."

Doyeon gave her a serious look. Yeunjung told her not to get in on her head and the tall girl considered for Yeunjung's sake.

"Okay. But if she does it again, let me know and I'll deal with her."

---

We build ourselves up, sometimes flying around in circles. Hearts drop as we wait, our backs tingling at the harsh reality. In the end, you say 'finally, this is it.'

Doyeon and Yeunjung kept on living happily. Yoojung and Doyeon's parents didn't bother them. For now, Yeunjung got promoted on her job and will be singing in a company, maybe debuting as a star.

It was a blessing to Yeunjung. She can finally give Doyeon her life back. She can prove to Doyeon's parents of her worth and she can finally be with Doyeon forever and be happier with her.

"Congratulations, Yeunjung," said Taeha.

"Thanks." Yeunjung cheered. "Finally I can give Doyeon the good news."

Yeunjung nodded goodbye to Taeha, going home. She got a bus back and got home instantly. She opened the door and gasped as a group of men greeted her.

It was horrible. A gun was pointing at her. Yeunjung could only freeze until it was too late.

She was shot. She fell, a pool of blood around her.

---

Doyeon got news of it and hurried to the hospital where Yeunjung was and rushed inside to be by her side. She was in comatose and she went to rummage the stuff she had.

Inside the duffel bag was her pay, the letter she had, and a certificate of appreciation and a letter of approval in a company. Seeing these papers made Doyeon sob. She saw the hard work her girlfriend did for her. She thought of Yeunjung's competitiveness to be successful like and it happened.

But who in the bloody hell shot her? And hearing the voices of familiar people, it made her blood boil.

"What the did you do?" Doyeon asked, crumpling used paper on her side.

"We had to do what needs to be done." Her mother spoke coldly. "The useless woman deserved that."

Doyeon faced her mother with a look that could kill the person in seconds. Her father went to his daughter, crouching and asking for forgiveness.

"It's too late, my darling. What's done is done." Her mother spoke again. "Now that woman's out of the way, how about we settle the marriage?"

Yoojung came with her parents. Doyeon gritted her teeth, her fists clenched. Yoojung asked the parents if they could have some time alone. The parents nodded, leaving the two of them with a dead Yoojung.

"This is your doing, isn't it?" Doyeon asked coldly.

"I was just babbling it to Appa. I swear to God, Doyeon, I didn't want to do it. But...Appa sent guards to kill Yeunjung." Yoojung confessed and Doyeon triggered. "But I begged him to let her live... on one condition."

"I'll marry you?" Doyeon guessed then chuckled. "You and your desperate measures."

"Don't you see that I love you?! What does Yeunjung have that I don't?!"

Doyeon sighed. She held Yeunjung's hand and faced the petite whose crying. "She has decency and a heart to fight for the right, Yoojung. She has courage...a thing you can never have."

"Doyeon..."

"Let me tell you this." Doyeon faced Yoojung. "I wouldn't do it for Yeunjung's sake because I would never trade her for anything. But you...you pushed me into my limits. Now, I can only marry you if you do EXACTLY as I say now."

Doyeon held Yoojung's face and the petite leaned onto that hand. Doyeon loathed of this yet she continued and hugged the petite girl tight. Yoojung reciprocated as she hugged the tall her ever so tight.

"It's not your fault, Yoojung." Doyeon said. "But you'll be paying for the consequences."

---

Five years passed. Yeunjung and Doyeon were separated for good as Doyeon married Yoojung according to their parents' wishes. Yeunjung faced obscurity without Doyeon and was forced to forget Doyeon and focused on her opportunity as a singer in a company.

Doyeon's life was on her favor in terms of marriage but never in her favor towards Yeunjung. She did this for her. She had to forget her to protect her from her family. She was awaken with the reality of it and was never the same again. She and Yoojung lived on one home but never in her life she gave Yoojung love like how she did with Yeunjung.

"Doyeon-ah...I want to have a child. Can we have one?"

"Whatever. Depends on you." Doyeon mumbled. "But that won't make him or her my child."

Yoojung ate her words and was hurt emotionally because of Doyeon. She would've thought Doyeon would give up and start over but no. Doyeon grew courageous and she ends up trapped in her little attempt as a married couple.

---

Yeunjung was done with her concert and was boarding her can when she saw a familiar person. In fact, she saw two familiar persons.

"Yeunjung-ah..." Doyeon mumbled as she felt tears on her face.

Yeunjung noticed them. She asked permission from her bodyguards that she wants to see them and she got protected all while getting a good look at the two.

"Hey." Yeunjung waved.

"Hi, Yeunjung." Yoojung waved. "Congratulations on your concert."

"Thanks." Yeunjung smiled.

Doyeon was shocked. She would've expected Yeunjung to rage and have her back but why? Why is she acting like nothing happened.

Doyeon's emotions blew as she hugged Yeunjung. Yeunjung gasped as she heard Doyeon's cries. Yoojung didn't like the sight that she pushed Yeunjung off. The singer gave Doyeon as questionable look as she hopped inside the van without saying goodbye.

---

Yoojung may have loved being with Doyeon but somehow, she was enlightened of the reality that Doyeon was happier with Yeunjung and for the fact she really didn't love Doyeon that much. And in general, she didn't like Doyeon to feel angry and sad.

She and Doyeon were best friends before. Yoojung confessed to Doyeon but Yeunjung got to her heart first. She had someone before, Kim Chungha, who was the same as Yeunjung but she died in a car accident. She moved on and wanted to have Doyeon for herself again. But that had an aftermath of ed up.

Doyeon was moping ever since Yeunjung and her separated. Yoojung didn't like the sight of the girl crying. For Yoojung, it was about time she did something.

"Go."

"Huh?" Doyeon looked up. "What the are you talking about?"

"Go to Yeunjung. She lives at this address." Yoojung said, handing a card.

"Why are you doing this?" Doyeon asked.

"I realized all of this is just leading me nowhere. I chased my pavement: you, Doyeon...but it lead me to nowhere. Actually, the whole motive of this was to spend a life away from my parents' hellhole. Being married to you put an end to that. Now I'm not in their hellhole...forever."

Yoojung hands Doyeon the card then wiped her tears away. "I'm not giving you my blessings but you need to be with the person you really love. I hope you forgive me for everything. Now go, take your stuff and be with Yeunjung."

Doyeon couldn't thank Yoojung enough. Before she could really go, she kissed Yoojung's forehead. "Remember the forehead kisses we had when we were kids? It's my sign of apology and thanks."

Yoojung nodded, watching Doyeon pack her stuff and leaving the house. She felt relieved. She was a peace, finally.

---

Yeunjung heard a knock on her door, seeing the person she's been actually longing for.

"Doyeon-"

The tall girl tackled the singer for a hug. Yeunjung's emotions broke free as she hugged the tall girl back.

"Yeunjung-ah... I'm so sorry. I thought you wouldn't want me back. I'm so sorry for leaving you for five years..."

Yeunjung shook her head, cupping the girl's face and wiping her tears away. "It was worth the wait, Doyeon...because I know you were courageous enough to love me."

"You're living with me...and we're getting married so get that ring, turn it into a friendship pact with Yoojung, and place this..." Yeunjung showed a gold ring. "...on this finger."

They put their rings on each other's fingers and shared another hug. 

What some twisted story. It wasn't a waste because their place was with each other, and they're leaving their mark. They didn't have up and chased a pavement that led to their love.

+++

This is the second. I'mma change the limit to no limits? Haha. Anyways, Happy New Year.