It'll Pass By (Doyeon • Yeunjung • Chaeyeon • Kyulkyung)

Remember

Characters: Jung Chaeyeon, Joo Kyulkyung, Kim Doyeon, Yoo Yeunjung

Requested by: Changkyxn

Title: It'll Pass By

+++

Decents. They were nerds who excelled in the academe field. Their lives focused on on sitting on a desk to read and write. And that was the life of two best friends, Joo Kyulkyung and Yoo Yeunjung.

Yeunjung was at the mirror, fixing herself. She'll be doing an interview with a mysterious student in Kyulkyung's place. She was utterly pissed? Why did Kyulkyung get sick at this day?

"Hey! You got the list of questions?" Kyulkyung asked then sneezed.

"Yeah. Yeunjung nodded.

"Take care...and do the interview well." Kyulkyung said and Yeunjung could only nod before leaving.

---

On the other side of their world, a tall woman was working out with her squad.

"Mina, stop pigging out!" Somi teased.

"Yah! I stopped, remember?" Mina batted. "I had to be in this treadmill for two more sets."

"Is Chaeyeon oming for the interview?" Chungha asked.

"No. She's at China for a business meeting." The tall girl said.

"Seriously?!" Chungha gasped. "But she has an interview-"

"She won't be coming." The tall girl stopped lifting weights. "I'll be doing her interview."

"Ooh... Doyeon and her feisty side." Mina grinned.

The rest laughed. Doyeon smirked as she said. "A Decent will interview me. Joo Kyulkyung is one heck of a softie. I'll..." Doyeon got a cigarette. "...send her a little greeting from the Delinquents."

---

Yeunjung huffed as she arrived at the business hall. She checked her time and waited for the mysterious student.

A door opened. Yeunjung got up and bowed at the person. She heard a little laugh. "Aigoo...Decents are such innocent creatures that I like to make fun of."

Yeunjung jolted up and gasped. It was the leader if the Delinquents, Kim Doyeon.

"You're the mysterious student?!" She yelped.

Great. Yeunjung had to deal with a crazy .

"Hey, you okay?" Doyeon asked and went closer, fixing her hair.

Yeunjung was ed up. Why was her heart beating? Nonetheless, she regained composure. "I'm fine."

"Good." Doyeon said and Yeunjung felt something sticky by her hair. "Cause you got ed up! Bahaha!!" 

Doyeon had put glue on Yeunjung's head. Yeunjung could only grit her teeth in anger. Kyulkyung needed this interview for the school paper. Kim Doyeon was a Delinquent, elites and bullies of the school. They may be the crazy es but they mean business. Kyulkyung must've had her interview because she's writing about business. And who knows business better than a Delinquent.

"What? Just spit it out!" Doyeon yelled.

"I'm here for the interview...as so you know. And I'm going to ask some questions, okay?" Yeunjung asked as Doyeon yawned and nodded.

Yeunjung knew she would be dealing the nastiest of people but this was for the sake of school work. Yeunjung began to interview Doyeon as the day went on.

•••

Chaeyeon was frustrated. After Doyeon got her turn for the interview, she got her schedule with another interview.

"Yah! Why do I have to be part of this bull?!" She yelled. "Somi, why don't you do it?!"

"No way. I'm off to pull pranks on the faculty!" Somi grinned.

"Mina?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Off to ask lunches from those dweebs. I heard that a Decent named Kim Sohye has chocolate. I'mma force her to give it to me." Mina grinned.

"Chungha!" Chaeyeon called as she watches the midget escape.

"Off to flirt and mess with kids! Bye!" Chungha went off.

Chaeyeon sighed. She couldn't do anything. Doyeon got her turn so she had to do the ing interview.

---

The Decents had a gathering. Yeunjung was so frustrated. Her hair had glue before so she was forced to cut her long hair. Now, she looked like a Ginger Dora.

"Did Kim Doyeon do that?!" Yoojung gasped.

"Yeah. I may be decent but I swear I'd kick her ." Yeunjung said.

"Speaking of which, thanks for the interview, Yeunjung." Kyulkyung said. "I would've thought you'd interview Jung Chaeyeon."

"No. According to Doyeon, she was at China for a business meeting." Yeunjung said. "And I reckon that you're getting another interview."

"Yeah. I'm interviewing Jung Chaeyeon." Kyulkyung said.

"Jung Chaeyeon is a Delinquent. You know them, right? They're bullies. Take Doyeon for instance." Sejeong pointed at a short-haired Yeunjung. "She puts glue on her hair. How ed up is that?!"

"And you're a softie. I hope you better not cry after Chaeyeon does anything to you." Sohye said. "Chaeyeon may look innocent but she's the worst."

Kyulkyung shrugged off their warnings and went read again. She felt presences and gasped to see two Delinquents, Kang Mina and Kim Chungha.

"Okay." Mina throws their books off the table. "Give me the stash!"

"What the ?" Yeunjung cussed. "We got no food here, Kang Mina."

"Oh yeah?" Mina inched closer to a whimpering Kim Sohye. "I heard you got chocolate. Give it to me."

"Give her the chocolate, you ing Decent." Chungha hissed and gave Sejeong a hard head-lock. "Or your friend here gets a piece of me."

"Yah, Kim Sohye! Give it to her!" Yoojung yelped.

"But it's mine!" Sohye defended.

Mina didn't like that answer. She got their homework and got a lighter. "You're not giving it? Then bye-bye, homework!"

"Fine!" Sohye yelled and threw three packs at Mina. "Take them! ing bull!"

Sohye raged and led the table. Yoojung went after her as Mina cheered, getting her jackpot. Chungha teased Sejeong with a head-lock yet Sejeong maneuvered and almost broke her arm. 

"Hey!" Chungha winced.

" at it, . Come back here and I'll break your neck, you midget!" Sejeong yelled.

"What did you call me?!" Chungha asked angrily.

"Stop!"

Chungha and Mina knew that voice. They saw Chaeyeon and Doyeon and the two went to their sides. Sejeong and Yeunjung gritted their teeth of the sight. It was the ing Delinquents.

"Mind me of Somi's presence. She's off vandalizing school property this time." Chaeyeon said.

"Hey, cupcake!" Doyeon greeted Yeunjung. "Nice hair."

" you." Yeunjung defended.

"Joo Kyulkyung?" Chaeyeon called and a Decent stood up and bowed. "I reserved the conference hall. We can do the interview there."

"Okay." Kyulkyung nodded.

"Let's do this now. I gotta go to church later." Chaeyeon said.

The Decents bear their laughter. Kyulkyung nodded and followed Chaeyeon.

"She looks like a maid." Mina mocked and Chungha laughed.

" this, . We're out!" Sejeong said as she and Yeunjung left.

---

Yeunjung sighed as she fixes her short hair. The door opened and Kyulkyung came back from the interview. 

"How was it?" Yeunjung asked.

Kyulkyung didn't say anything. Instead, she cried. Yeunjung gasped as she comforted her friend.

"What did that do to you?!" She asked.

"She insulted me...she even gave me this." Kyulkyung sniffled, showing a big gash by her arm.

"Sohye was right. She's the worst!" Yeunjung went to get a kit and mended her wound. "Why?"

"She mocked our status as Decents and I batted out. She got a knife and slashed me." Kyulkyung said.

"That ing ." Yeunjung hissed. "She's going to pay for that!"

---

The five Decents were on one table having lunch. They stopped eating as they dread of the sight before them.

The Delinquents were everywhere. Mina was off to demand lunches from students, Chaeyeon spat on a fangirl's shoe, Doyeon was pranking another student with a fart bag, Somi was throwing peas at a bystander, and Chungha got into a fight with the Student Council President.

"They're so ed up." Sejeong commented.

"They even had to give me this wound. that Jung Chaeyeon." Kyulkyung hissed.

"I got no more stash and Kang Mina's going to kill me if I don't give her something." Sohye whimpered.

"And I lost a uniform because Kim Doyeon spilled colored lotion on it!" Yeunjung gritted her teeth.

". They're coming this way." Yoojung gulped.

The Delinquents head their way towards the Decents. The students gathered around them, witnessing a face off between elites.

Decents are the complete opposite. They're elites but they're very good people. The students admired them but recently, they were victims of bullying. But what made the different? They had will that students cannot bear. Only the five of them have that kind of will. The will to fight back against injustice.

"Oh, my Kim Sohye, my stash?" Mina lends a hand.

"Your order is unavailable as of this time. Please come again." Sohye said sarcastically.

Mina hissed. Chungha chuckled as she pushes Sohye. "Stop lying. You have some."

"She doesn't. Here." Sejeong said, giving Sohye's bag. "Check."

Chungha hissed and opened the bag and messed uo the floor with her stuff. Mina digs herself to find a bar but they were right. There was nothing.

" you." Mina spat.

Sohye hissed and went to get her stuff when Somi stopped her with her foot. "Leave it there. Go and get new stuff."

"We're picking it up!" Yoojung batted as she and Sohye went to get the stuff.

Kyulkyung, Sejeong, and Yeunjung faced them. Chaeyeon laughed hard. "What? You're revolting? Know your place, Decent."

"We just did. We're elites, just like you." Sejeong batted. "And guess what? You may be pretty but your attitude is like I need to flush in the toilet!" 

The students wooed. Chaeyeon was losing it but Kyulkyung expected it. Chungha defended her fellow Delinquent. "Yeah? Well you look like an Ahjusshi! You're gay!" 

Sejeong also lost it when Yeunjung stopped her. "Yah? Where are you? Oh, I'm sorry. You're so short I can't see you."

Chungha charged when Somi stopped her. "Dora's gone ginger. Where are we going? Kiss my ." Somi said, motioning a middle finger by her at Yeunjung.

Yeunjung was like a raging bull as Yoojung and Sohye stopped her. Yoojung batted. "Well, you're not Asian. niggas and Canadians!" 

Somi gritted her teeth and charged when Mina stopped her. "Yeah? Well you're a ing orangutan in the zoo!" 

Yoojung cursed and Sohye defends her. "Is it me or your pants are a little tight?"

Mina got the gist and raged as Doyeon stopped her. "And you're a , you whimpering !"

The Delinquents laughed. Sohye was pissed but Kyulkyung calms her down. "Okay, enough with this bull. Good game well played." 

"Oh, one more thing." Kyulkyung went to Chaeyeon, grabbed her collar and whispered. "Bully students again and I'm going to step on you like you're a ing cockroach. What would you do if the administration finds out about your misdeeds? Remember, this is not a school you can own. This school earns more than what our parents can afford. Also, we may not look much...but the administration favors us better than you guys and the students defend us, you adopted unloved little piece of s."

Chaeyeon froze. Kyulkyung got herself off just in time for the bell to ring. The Decents smiled at them and went off, patting their backs and left for classes. 

Mina noticed a stunned Chaeyeon. "Unnie, are you okay?"

Chaeyeon gulped as she heard the word that triggered her. Unloved.

"Nothing." Chaeyeon shrugs it off. "Let's go to class."

The Delinquents nodded. For Doyeon, she knew Kyulkyung triggered Chaeyeon. And she was eager to find answers.

---

The Decents were in their lair. Kyulkyung was tight about one thing. Decents were the smartest and the most privileged group in the the school. They were loved by the administration and the students for their hard work in giving pride to the school because of academics.

"Did you see the look on Chaeyeon's face?" Sejeong laughed. "I got her there."

"Nice joke on Mina, Sohye." Yoojung gave her a high-five. 

"Kyulkyung? You seem down. Are you okay?" Yeunjung asked.

"I'm not. I feel guilty." Kyulkyung said. "We did it for injustice of the students. There's truth to that but despite of the mistreatment of those Delinquents towards us, we shouldn't have spat words. That's not what we are."

Those words hit them. Kyulkyung was right. They were Decents for a reason. They shouldn't have spat words that could hurt their feelings.

"So...we should confront them?" Sohye asked.

"We'll take care of it. Yeunjung, you're coming with me." Kyulkyung said.

"Noted." Yeunjung nodded.

---

Mina and Chungha were raging of this ordeal with the Decents, even Somi had to step out to calm herself. Doyeon was calming them as she saw Chaeyeon thinking deeply.

"Chaeyeon, are you okay?" Doyeon asked.

"Are we really unloved, Doyeon?" Chaeyeon asked back. "Those Decents were right. We bully people and take advantage of our rights. We at academics but we're good with business. I mean...how special are we?"

"Stop saying , Chaeyeon." Chungha batted. "Of course we're special. We ran business at early ages. We're the decent ones to run a business while studying."

"Chungha has a point." Doyeon nodded. "But that's not the thing. The thing is that...we excel in business and grow money whenever we want. To be honest, we're loathed by everybody. Students hate us because we bully them. The administration only pitied us because they need our investment for the school. And I guess Kyulkyung said that to Chaeyeon."

"But you know we have our reasons why we're doing it. We're doing it for ourselves." Mina said, almost crying.

Yes. Delinquents maybe es but hidden in that book is a page full of misery.

Mina was casted out by her parents. She invested in a business on culinary branches and got her parents' respect. Chungha was forced to work for her father at an early age because they were poor. She invested a business or merchandising and dance workshops and they were rich enough to rule the school. Somi was forced to leave her family because her sister had to be supported for cancer treatment. She invested on sports and Taekwondo lessons and finally supported her sister. Doyeon was abused by her teacher and family because of cheerleading. She invested in interior design and modelling and dominated the world of fashion. Chaeyeon was the worst as she was treated harshly by her family and was unloved. She invested on hospitals and beauty treatments and was a major benefactor of their school.

They had rough starts in life. It triggered them to hurt anyone for revenge. But then, they were unloved.

"Should we stop this?" Chaeyeon asked.

"No. We'll lose our stand here and we'll get treated like garbage again." Somi protested.

"Doyeon?" Chaeyeon awaits a decision from their leader. 

"We'll take care of it, Chae." Doyeon answered.

"Noted." Chaeyeon nodded.

---

Kyulkyung and Yeunjung were off to another office. They knocked and the door opened for them.

"Divergents, we need your help." Kyulkyung pleaded.

Divergents were the top of the top. The school never knew them but the Decents did. They were always neutral and spoke out opinions to help everyone out.

They were composed of four members, all '95 liners. Their leader, her hair tied, was approaching them.

"What is it this time?" Lim Nayoung asked.

"We want to settle a peace with the Delinquents." Yeunjung said.

"Hm...that would take time." Lim said.

"It wouldn't because it's impossible." Kim Nayoung said. "Delinquents are such heartless creatures."

"But there could be a reason, right?" Yeunjung said. "They wouldn't fight against us if they weren't decent people."

"They're not." Sohee said. "It's self-explanatory."

"There were attempts but only few made the allegiance possible." Heehyun said.

"Well, we're making that possible. I just feel there's something missing." Kyulkyung said.

"As much as I would be against it. I felt it too." Yeunjung added.

"Fine." Lim said. "Let's see what we can do with that."

---

Chaeyeon and Doyeon went somewhere when they met Yeunjung and Kyulkyung. The Delinquents were flustered.

"You came to see the Divergents?" Kyulkyung asked.

"How did you -"

"We talked to them." Yeunjung said. "We want an allegiance."

"For what?" Doyeon asked.

"Don't hide the fact of this whole . You're dying to stop this feud." Kyulkyung said.

Chaeyeon and Doyeon were speechless. Kyulkyung grabbed Chaeyeon's hand and they went somewhere, leaving Doyeon and Yeunjung.

---

Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung got far enough and they stopped by a private sector. 

"What the was that?" Chaeyeon hissed.

"What were you doing if you got the chance to talk to the Divergents?" Kyulkyung asked.

"Why do you care?" Chaeyeon asked. "So what if we came there?"

Kyulkyung sighed as she Chaeyeon asked her of the presence. "I went with Yeunjung to talk about our allegiance."

Chaeyeon thought it was ridiculous. "Are you kidding me? Delinquents having an allegiance with Decents? Those before us may have tried but that's impossible."

"Nothing's impossible, Chaeyeon. Not in my book." Kyulkyung said. "If it were of the same case of you running your business, did you lose your belief in achieving it? You didn't because you believed nothing's impossible."

"What do you know about me?" Chaeyeon hissed. "Just because you're smart doesn't mean you know everything. We have our own lives and no one has authority to meddle in one's business, let alone know."

"You're right. I may not know. But deep down the wolf's clothing lies a lost sheep. Delinquents were there for a reason as much as Decents." Kyulkyung said.

Chaeyeon stayed silent. Kyulkyung went closer and held her shoulder. Chaeyeon gulped of that. Ever since the incident happened, she couldn't stop think about Kyulkyung. Her wit and that statement made her open her eyes and see the beauty of the woman, inside and out.

With that, it made her heart beat quickly. 

"I'm sorry for saying those last words to you. I was wrong. Decents don't do bad things for payback. It's not our nature. I am embarrassed and I'm really sorry." Kyulkyung apologized. "I hope that whatever you're facing now, don't rage yourself on other people. That's not helping in gaining people's trust and assurance of yourself."

Kyulkyung left her. Chaeyeon gulped of that touch on her shoulder as Kyulkyung's words rang onto her head.

For the first time in her life, she felt her heart all calm and assured.

---

Kyulkyung went back and witnessed Doyeon holding Yeunjung's hand. Kyulkyung gulped as she hid.

Doyeon and Yeunjung talked the same thing but the approach is different. Yeunjung was a badass Decent but she means well. As of this time, she talks to Doyeon softly.

"That's terrible." Yeunjung began.

"But not as terrible as being abused because you're living your dream. But that wasn't living. It's euthanasia." Doyeon sighed.

"Yah, Kim Doyeon. We should start an allegiance through talking." Yeunjung said.

"You mean like normal people?" Doyeon asked.

"What's wrong with that?" Yeunjung said back.

"Well sometimes, people babble rather than express towards the listener. There's more discussion than arguments and it's not essential." Doyeon explained. "I like a talk wherein there's communication like you throw the tiest of words."

Yeunjung shows an example and Doyeon talked back. They were cussung and arguing like in the cafeteria but then they call it quits.

"You mean like that?" Yeunjung asked and Doyeon nodded.

Doyeon and Yeunjung chuckled. Yeunjung gives her a pat on the back and Doyeon triggered. Yeunjung wondered when Doyeon puts a hand on her forehead. 

"You're not upset of this whole ordeal, right?!" Yeunjung yelled. "This allegiance can be possible, you know that!"

"How can we do that, huh? And could you even want us to be cool with each other. We can't do anything about it now. Just face facts. This is the reality of this goddamn school." Doyeon huffed and she went off.

Yeunjung sighed as Kyulkyung came back. Yeunjung asked of her talk to Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung had no progress.

"We're not giving up." Kyulkyung huffed. 

"Well, you and for it." Yeunjung chuckled as the two went back.

---

The Delinquents were on their seats as their servants of students were obeying everything they asked for. The Decents came in and they got admirers. Their approach was completely different as they accept with grace and humility.

They face the Delinquents. Chungha, Somi, and Mina loathed them still, just as Yoojung, Sohye, and Sejeong did. Doyeon and Yeunjung had assuring looks as Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung felt the same.

"My chocolate-" Mina spoke as a bar was thrown at her.

"It's the last one you'll ever get," said Sohye.

Sohye passed by Mina and left. Kyulkyung just lets her be as Mina felt a tang of guilt. 

"Yah, Kang Mina." Kyulkyung called. "No matter how guilty you are, just accept that bar. Sohye made sure you'd have it."

Mina went off too. Chungha thought it was offensive that she raged towards them. 

"Go. Hit us." Sejeong snickered. "But you're doing it to me, not to my friends."

Chungha gulped. Sejeong sighed and pulled her towards the line. 

"What the are you doing, Decent?" Chungha asked.

"I'm being nice, Chungha. Just stop freaking out and join me for some lunch." Sejeong said.

"What's going on?!" Somi was as confused and asked Doyeon and Chaeyeon again.

"Stop." Chaeyeon said. "Go and ask Yoojung there for lunch."

"Seriously?!" Somi ranted. "Are you really letting the allegiance happen?!"

Doyeon and Chaeyeon glare at her. Somi may hate it but to completely honest, she really wanted to make peace with the Decents, especially to Yoojung.

Somi went closer. Yoojung was whimpering she she felt Somi's soft hold. "Let's go and eat."

Somi hid her chuckle as Yoojung was pulled with her. Doyeon and Yeunjung smiles at each other and went with the rest. 

The students were shocked but they were very happy about it. Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung looked at each other and went closer. Kyulkyung puts a hand by her pocket but Chaeyeon held onto it. "Come. Let's join them."

---

The Decents and Delinquents shared a table and had their talks and little bonds. Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung were talking of standings, Somi was feeding Yoojung, Mina was flirting with Sohye, Chungha and Sejeong played rock-paper-scisscors, and Doyeon and Yeunjung were laughing on jokes.

"Mind if I join in?" 

They looked to see the leader of the Divergents. "Lim Nayoung!"

Nayoung sat by the table and joined the ten in eating. "So how's the allegiance going?"

"I thought it would be impossible," said Chungha.

"But we got to face against it and try to become good friends." Sejeong said.

"Did you guys talk this with our leaders?" Sohye asked.

"If you did. I'm thankful." Mina said as she wrapped an arm around Sohye. "Because I met the list beautiful girl ever."

"Get a room!" Somi chuckled.

"Yeah. What Somi said." Yoojung laughed.

"You have Chaeyeon, Kyulkyung, Doyeon, and Yeunjung to thank with." Nayoung chuckled. "Thanks to them, they settled this fiasco for your sakes."

They all looked at Doyeon and Yeunjung who were laughing at each other and Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung who just gave smiles.

"I bet for these four to spark such romance." Nayoung commented.

"Unnie's right. Doyeon and Yeunjung are initiating, even Mina and Sohye are developing." Sejeong chuckled.

"I got dibs on Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung." Chungha raised her glass.

Everyone agreed. Doyeon and Yeunjung smiled as Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung grinned at each other.

What an allegiance. They pray it lasts long.

---

The eleven girls went on their separate ways back home. The four girls, Chaeyeon, Kyulkyung, Doyeon, and Yeunjung, stayed for the bus.

A downpour occurred and Yeunjung and Kyulkyung sighed. Chaeyeon and Doyeon noticed as they comforted them.

"It'll pass." Doyeon said to Yeunjung. " Don't worry. We can share an umbrella."

"I hope it won't rain hard." Chaeyeon huffed.

"It won't." Kyulkyung smiled to assure her.

They shred their moments of teasings they wait for the downpour to pass by...

+++

This has been asahdako, everyone. Thank you for staying tune in my journey towards the imagination and belief with my IOI stories.

*cries*

Sorry. Sorry to just leave you with this. May you have been inspired with my works as you go on your flower roads toward the aftermath of reunion in five years time.

Yes, I love it. This has been asahdako. Thank you!