Leadership: Isolation (Doyeon • Yoojung)

Remember

Characters: Kim Doyeon, Choi Yoojung

Requested by: llamadodaeng

Title: Isolation

+++

It was all fun for us as we had gone towards the flower road that has molded us to become the stars we are. But like stars, they die in the galaxy as they fade in the depths of the universe...and that was happening to us, IOI.

And that's what's happening to my heart, thinking about it.

"Yoo-jjyu, is there anything wrong?" I looked up to see Doyeon.

"There's nothing, Do-jjyu." I shook my head. "I'm fine."

She raised an eyebrow at me. I sighed. Whenever it comes to Doyeon, I was the worst liar. "Fine. It's the disbandment."

"First it was me, now you?" Doyeon asked.

I remember that day Doyeon flipped out. But according to Nayoung-unnie, Doyeon had just been worried about the disbandment. But unlike Doyeon, I managed to control my emotions and calmed... although my heart was hurting, crushed into bits of pieces not even the best adhesive could fix.

"Don't get it in your head." Doyeon said, patting my shoulders. "Nothing had happened yet. We're still together."

I nodded, feeling assurance and trust of Doyeon's words.

But I can't cling onto it deeply because that wasn't the truth. THIS is the truth. Sorry...

---

It was the 11th of January 2017, only a few more days till the disbandment. I sighed as I watch the rest of the members engaging in a game of Jenga.

Somi was going closer yet I continued to sulk. "Come on, unnie. Join us."

"No thanks." I declined. "I'm not in the mood to play."

Somi wondered but she went back when Kyulkyung-unnie called her. I sighed again and went to the balcony, looking at the view.

I heard mumbles of worries from the rest of them about me. Mina even wanted to draw closer when I heard Doyeon say something.

"She's just tired. Just leave her be."

I chuckled. I stopped looking at the view and decided to go to the room I shared with Chaeyeon-unnie and Doyeon. Then...

"Come on, Yoojung." Kyulkyung-unnie wraps an arm around my shoulders. "Let's play."

"N-No thanks..." I said, trying to get rid of Kyulkyung's arms off of my shoulders. "Like I'm telling you. I'm not in the mood to play."

"Come on, stop being a sourpuss and let's play." Kyulkyung-unnie said again, pulling me closer towards the group.

"Yah, Kyulkyung-unnie." Doyeon said. "If Yoo-jjyu says no, then no. She's tired. Let her rest and I promise you, she'll play with us tomorrow."

That gave me time to let go and run towards the room. Once I got there, I closed the door shut and plopped on my bed, hugging the nearest pillow and disappearing into a puddle of tears.

I couldn't thank Doyeon enough. She knew how I felt and decided to spare me from my own torment, helping me forget that there's such a thing as a flower road wherein us, IOI, are walking together.

Why do we have to disband? Come on, we're famous and the fans love us. Couldn't they just extend the contract? Or could we just go inactive then come back to promote if we have time? Like, it's so dumb for the producers to not think about that, even MNet at ideas like this.

But no, they didn't consider that. It was mainly for show, all because of a survival show. I cried, thinking of what will happen to us. Like Doyeon said before, there's no assurance of the future for the rest of us like for instance, Sohye will leave SoKor for good.

"Yoo-jjyu?" I heard Doyeon. 

I hid my face on the pillow, hearing the door open and close, then feeling a hand on my head, patting is even. "Mind telling me?"

"It's the disbandment again. Nothing new." I sniffled.

"Can you roll over so that I can lie down with you?" She asked.

I don't see why not. I rolled to the side and I felt Doyeon lay down next to me. I felt my pillow getting rid of by her as I cover my face with my hands.

"Now, now...don't cry." She said, trying to get rid of my hands.

But I held them close to my face. Doyeon didn't force me and just hugged me tight. I hugged her back so tight, nuzzling my face on her chest. "I'm sorry for being a crybaby."

"It's okay. I feel you about the disbandment. I would've said that you shouldn't be pessimistic about it but yours takes time to seep it in your mind and heart. That's why I couldn't force you yet." Doyeon said. 

"Thank you, Do-jjyu..." I mumbled. "I'll try, okay?"

"Aigoo... anything for you, Yoo-jjyu." Doyeon said, hugging her again. "I know you're trying...just take your time."

---

Just like Doyeon said, I joined in the next game. Kyulkyung-unnie and Somi were relieved as much as the rest that I joined in. I would've disagreed to ease the pain but somehow, I'd do anything with them these days...just to make them happy.

"Okay, Mina, truth or dare?" Sejeong-unnie asked.

"Dare." Mina answered.

"I dare you to kiss Sohye on the lips." Sejeong-unnie said and all of us cooed.

Mina's face turned into a giant tomato like Sohye's. I laughed of that as I gasp like the rest as Mina pulled Sohye and kissed her passionately.

Sejeong-unnie was getting again as Chungha-unnie slapped her shoulder. Yeunjung had agape like Somi's, and I was giggling and laughing like Doyeon was. As they broke, Mina her lips as she seemed to like it. I reacted so much that I rolled on the floor like Sohye did. 

"Yah, get up." Kyulkyung-unnie laughed like the rest. "Let's resume the game. Your turn, Mina."

"Penguin." Mina taunted Sohye again and we release coos and giggles. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth." Sohye answered.

Mina whispers something to her. I was booing and hissing like the rest of the dongsaeng line, curious about the truth.

And when Sohye reacted, almost cursing, we were even more curious.

"What's the question?" Chaeyeon-unnie asked.

"Whisper the answer of the first question. I'll give you another." Mina said. "Who looks better in a y penguin one-piece? Me or Yeunjung?"

"What? Why drag me into this?" Yeunjung batted. 

"You." Sohye spoke as she points at Mina.

"You're only saying that for Mina's sake." Doyeon batted.

"But it's true. Although, Yeunjung would look better -"

"Wrong answer. But your first was right so I'll consider it." Mina hits Sohye's back lightly.

"Fine. My turn." Sohye said as she points at me. "Yoojung, truth or dare?"

"Dare. Hahahahaha...." I cheered.

"I dare you...to tell me the truth of what's going on your mind. Why have you been so distant and what were you and Doyeon doing in the room when you guys were alone together?"

The rest cooed again. Me? That sentence hit me. 

"Next person." Doyeon intervened.

"She's dodging the dare. She'll have to face the punishment." Sohye said. "Doyeon, you're kissing her."

"What?!" I reacted as much as Doyeon did.

"Yah, Yoo-jjyu, trust me." I heard her say as I felt her hand by my face. "Mind me."

I gasped as I felt Doyeon's lips on mine. Everyone was cheering as I froze, my heart beating completely. Once we broke, I hugged her and squealed lightly.

"You like it, huh?" Doyeon asked and I gave a little nod.

"Your turn, Yoojung," said Chungha-unnie.

I didn't want to join again. But as Doyeon held my hand, I sighed and best myself, joining the game once again. "Yeunjung, truth or dare?"

"Truth." Yeunjung said.

"Who do you think sings better? You or Sejeong-unnie?"

Yeunjung felt pressured that I laughed. It was all fun and games. And with Doyeon helping me throughout the course of leisure, I couldn't be any happier.

---

Days passed by quickly enough to cherish times with the rest of the IOi members. I would've said I kept my vibrant side till the end but somehow, it tore me apart again.

During the schedules, I avoided all of them. I sit by the corner and gave them the cold shoulder. From the performances to the trio back to the dorm, I didn't dare to set my eyes and attention to them. Because to me, seeing heir happy faces knowing there will a disbandment soon made my insides cringe 

We came back from our schedules of practices for the concert. I stormed towards the room when I heard Kyulkyung-unnie and Somi calling me.

"Yoojung-ah, don't do this to us. Please...let's talk." Kyulkyung-unnie pleaded.

"Unnie...don't ignore us..." Somi said, begging. "Why are you acting like this?"

I stopped. I felt an arm around me but I turned around, staying away as I try to resist my tears. "It's this, all of this. Do you know it pains me to see you because one day, it won't be the same again as we go on with our lives?"

Everyone froze as they heard it from me. They always thought I was the funny with a bundle of talents. They also knew me for being a crybaby but today, I never thought I could say this.

"Nayoung-unnie, Chaeyeon-unnie, Kyulkyung-unnie, Sejeong-unnie, Yeunjung, Mina...you're going to debut soon together with our groups. Chungha-unnie, Somi, you guys will go solo. Doyeon and I? It'll take months but Sohye? You had to leave."

"Yoojung-ah, please? Let's not talk about it again." Sohye said.

"What's there not to talk about? We only have days left and then I can't talk about it?" I asked back as tears fell on my face. "This is just...I can't stand this..."

I cried as I ran towards the room to cry. I crouched by my bed and sobbed completely. 

---

"Shh...don't cry, Yoo-jjyu..."

I knew that voice. I sniffled as I kept on hiding my face. "Yoo-jjyu..."

"D-Do-jjyu..." I finally looked up to the tall woman. 

She hoists me up as I let her carry me like a little kid. I sobbed again as I hug Doyeon tight. As I cried, I heard her cry too.

"Hey..." She looked at me as she comforts me with those sad eyes. "Don't get those bad vibes of the disbandment in your head. It'll give you a hard time."

I gaze at Doyeon's eyes, those big orbs of yellow that made me mesmerized and pissed as they drain with her tears. I look at her lips, the big ones I kissed a while ago and then I stare at her whole face again.

I see the pretty concerned friend, who always told me that there's a silver lining throughout our days as IOI despite of the disbandment. I wonder why couldn't I see her efforts and be strong, like how she faced her own obscurity of this feeling?

I was supposed to be calm...but why am I scared?

"Yoo-jjyu...you know how the disbandment makes me feel...it hurts me too. But you know why I'm doing my best to be strong?"

"Why?" I ask Doyeon.

"Because our happiness in IOI will live as if we face another decent day. It'll always be the same and I'm able to endure it because we're together." Doyeon added. "I can also endure it because I'm with you. I may not express this so well so it might make you sad. So, its about time..."

"But do you think we'll be fine?" I asked, sniffling again.

"Of course." Doyeon answered. "As log as we spend the days with IOI, together with no breaks, all the time we have left will be worth remembering."

Doyeon pinches my cheeks and I regain my smiles. She also regained hers until we laughed. "Thanks, Do-jjyu..."

"You're welcome." She said. "Now follow me and spend the days with me and IOI."

---

So just like Doyeon told me, I stopped being off around the members and spent the days normally, just how I was with them in the days before.

Nayoung-unnie and Chaeyeon-unnie were concerned as I talk to them about it. Nayoung-unnie sighed as she comforted me and Chaeyeon-unnie, ending towards a wonderful day at the park.

Sejeong-unnie and Chungha-unnie were also concerned, with Chungha-unnie crying to me, missing my cute remarks and cuddles. Sejeong-unnie missed my cheerful side as I apologize to them for being off, which resulted with a dancing session of trots with the Ahjusshi and Ahjumma.

Mina and Sohye were worried if I was mad at them and the world. I laughed of that paranoid thought as I apologize to Sohye for bickering her of leaving as she also apologized for triggering me on the truth or dare game. I cried that she was going to leave, with Mina hugging her and begging Sohye to stay. I could only sigh of the two, predicting the they'll be a couple someday.

Somi, Yeunjung, and Kyulkyung-unnie thought I was possessed by another spirit as I lost my hyperactive self. I apologize to them for making them worry and I engage myself with them, with Doyeon joining us as we unleashed our hyperactive selves, being the dragons we are as we mess with the unnie line.

Doyeon? She's been helping me throughout the days as I go one with IOI and her. And when she asked me to be my girlfriend, I said yes.

Some I've experienced. But as long as I stay positive and go on with the remaining days with IOI, especially with Doyeon, those remaining days will be worth it, just like Doyeon said it would be...

+++

Wooh! Never thought I would make a trilogy hahahahaha...

Anyways, I had to rush again because I couldn't get my eyes open while typing this. Technically, I'm super tired.

Good night and lovelots from asahdako