The Babysitting (Nayoung • Kyulkyung)

Remember

Characters: Lim Nayoung, Joo Kyulkyung

Requested by: LittleTaeng

Title: The Babysitting

+++

Nayoung was greeted with the rays of the sun on her eyes like lemon juice on a large gash. She jolted up but she called as Kyulkyung, her girlfriend, cuddled close to her, still enjoying her sleep.

Morning would've been the usual view of trees and sounds of chirping birds but no. It was more of a morning with a view of a messy room and the sound of a crying three-year old.

"Stone...keep Mina quiet, please..." Kyulkyung mumbled.

Nayoung went down as she spares some memories of the situation she was in.

Sejeong and Chungha were her and Kyulkyung's best friends. They were married for almost three years and have a baby girl, Kim Mina. The girl was a bundle of joy, even Kyulkyung ogled more on the child than her.

And when the parents went on a trip and Kyulkyung giving herself and her tickets to babysitting their kid, Nayoung thought she was in hell.

"WAAAH!! IMONIE!!" Mina's cries had gotten louder.

"Aigoo...what is it, Mina?" Nayoung asked.

Mina points at the wall. Nayoung looked to where the child was pointing and saw not one...but two cockroaches. Nayoung triggered, getting a big slipper and some insecticide and went to kill the pests.

Nayoung never thought of killing two pests with one slipper. Nonetheless, she sprayed them until they were dead, antennas curling and their hideous structure coiling, meeting their death from Stone Buddha herself.

"What was that-ahhh!! Cockroach!!" Kyulkyung screamed as she carried Mina and hopped on the couch, she and Mina scared of the insects together.

Nayoung went back to get a glove and some tissue, wrapping the said insects then going outside, grabbing a lighter and burning the insects to their hell. Nayoung went back, throwing the gloves and washing her hands thoroughly. As she finished, she went back to clean the wall and focused on her attention on the two scaredy cats.

"Now, now... don't be scared. The insects are gone." Nayoung said.

Mina cheered, asking Nayoung for a hug. Nayoung looked down at the child with a stoic look then at Kyulkyung, who signalled her to hug the kid.

Nayoung sighed, wrapping her arms around the child. Mina cuddled up to Nayoung and pounced on her, leaving Nayoung to abruptly strengthen up to carry the heavy three-year old.

Kyulkyung smiled at the sight. She knew Mina liked the both of them so she volunteered to take care of her. But the was not the only reason. Mina liked Nayoung so much.

But the problem? Nayoung feels awkward around kids. And as her girlfriend, she going to help her get through that obstacle.

---

Another morning came. Nayoung was awoken by another dose of Kim Mina. She went to get a glimpse at the living room to see Mina doing attempt on gliding on the stairs. As Mina ran towards the stairs, Nayoung caught her and hoisted.

"Yah." Nayoung looked at the smiling cutie. "What are you doing so early in the morning?"

Mina laughed as she squished Nayoung's cheek. Nayoung tickled her and the cutie laughed. "Ahahahaha, Imonie~"

"Don't do that again. You could get hurt." Nayoung said as Mina nodded.

"Imonie, I got no clothes." Mina pouted as Nayoung saw her wearing a penguin shirt and a diaper.

Nayoung sighed and decided to give her a bath. Once she did, Kyulkyung woke up and got her turn to shower. Nayoung took care of Mina as the three-year old was clean and fresh, wearing a shirt and jumpers.

"Imonie, let's go to the park!" Mina cheered.

Nayoung could only nod. Before she leaves Mina to play, Mina nudged her. "Imonie, can you and Aunt Kyulkyung wear jumpers like me?"

Nayoung could only dilate her eyes while maintaining her stoic face. Nayoung shook her head and gasped as Mina cried of that answer. 

Kyulkyung came in and comforted the child, asking her what's wrong and shooting glares at a stoic look.

"Imonie doesn't want to wear jumpers like me~" Mina whined. "I want us to wear the same outfit when we go to the park!"

Kyulkyung glared at Nayoung and the Stone Buddha gulped. "Don't worry, Mina. She's wearing jumpers like me. We're going to that park wearing the same outfit, just like you want."

"Really?" Mina became vibrant again as she nudges Nayoung. "Really, Imonie?"

Nayoung only had two options: yes and no. No already led her to cries and glares so...

"Okay." Nayoung lost as she agreed.

Mina jumped, reaching for Nayoung. The tall woman carried the child again and Mina hugged her. Kyulkyung went to hug the both of them as they decided to get ready.

---

At the park, Kyulkyung and Nayoung walked around, holding the hands of a very happy three-year old. Kyulkyung had fun but Nayoung? She could only sigh in embarrassment.

The people were looking. Teenagers laughed while the old people cooed in adoration. Nayoung thought it was torture. But knowing Mina might cry if she said no, she couldn't wreck the child's good vibes.

She was praying that no one her and Kyulkyung's college squad could  see them...but oops.

"Nayoung! Kyulkyung!" Yebin called. 

"What the are you guys wearing?" Eunwoo asked. "Is that your kid?"

"Omo-is this your child? She's so cute~" Minkyung cooed as Mina smiled at her.

"No. It's Sejeong and Chungha's girl, Mina. Mina, meet your aunties." Kyulkyung said.

Mina greeted and the three ogled of her cuteness. Minkyung slapped Eunwoo for the cussing as Yebin went to have a good look at the child.

"Goodness, she's adorable. I never thought Sejeong and Chungha had good genes." Yebin said 

"And the jumpers, though." Eunwoo chuckled of what the three were wearing. "You look like peeps on family day."

"Watch it, Eunwoo." Nayoung said as she was losing her cool.

"Isn't it wonderful, aunties?" Mina asked cutely.

Minkyung and Yebin nodded hastily. Eunwoo thought it was so funny but as she was getting glares from the four of them, Eunwoo gulped and went to pat Mina's head. "It's wonderful, Mina. The next time we see each other, wear something cute like...a flower one-piece."

Mina nodded, clapping her hands. Minkyung and Kyulkyung laughed as Yebin face-palmed of Eunwoo. Nayoung? She was just chuckling but deep down, she was swearing that she'll give a piece of her fist to Eunwoo once this is all over.

"Aigoo...we need to go now." Minkyung said.

Mina nodded, saying goodbye first. The three said goodbye to Mina and the two women. Kyulkyung looked at her girlfriend and she could only burst of laughter.

"What?" Nayoung asked as she carried Mina.

"Eunwoo got her death penalty from you. You should've seen the look on her face, hahahahaha...also, you're cute, acting all grumpy."

Mina nodded. Nayoung could only scratch her head on her thoughts as she thought on when will this end.

"Imonie. I'm hungry." Mina pouted.

Kyulkyung pouted too. Nayoung thought she was babysitting two babies, a cute one and a tall one. She sighed, carrying Mina with one arm as she holds Kyulkyung's arm as they head towards an ice cream parlor.

---

Nayoung was sitting on the couch with Kyulkyung as they watch Mina watching Pingu. Nayoung wondered of the child's on penguin shows as Kyulkyung answered. "Mina here has a best friend she likes that loves penguins."

"You don't say?" Nayoung asked, utterly impressed of Mina. "Did she make a move?"

"Hahahahaha...what?" Kyulkyung laughed. "They're still kids, Nayoungie. They'll get there when they reach their teenage years."

Nayoung nodded as Mina came to them. Mina spreads her arms, wanting Nayoung to hug her. Nayoung got awkward again but with Kyulkyung nudging her, Nayoung hoisted the child up to sit between them. The three played for a while, with Kyulkyung mostly playing with Mina as Nayoung just sat by the corner, looking at them.

Later, Mina fell asleep in Kyulkyung's arms. Kyulkyung went up to put Mina to bed then came back to Nayoung who was sitting there. Kyulkyung sat next to her as she cupped Nayoung's face.

"Hey..." Kyulkyung forces Nayoung to look at her. "What are you thinking about?"

"Being not filial with children." Nayoung answered. "I'm thankful that we get to babysit Mina but...I just wonder. What does the child see in me that she likes me? I can't even have the initiative to hug her."

"She just does, Nayoung. She sees you not as a scary Stone Buddha but she sees you as a caring person...just like I do." Kyulkyung said as she pecked Nayoung's cheek. 

"And even when I say stuff, she instantly brings them to me, like, I said I wanted a banana for a snack, she gave me a bunch." Nayoung said.

"I know that. You had an upset stomach for eating the whole bunch." Kyulkyung said as they laughed.

Nayoung sighed as Kyulkyung leaned onto her. Nayoung wrapped an arm around Kyulkyung as the Chinese girl wrapped her arms around her girlfriend's waist.

"What do you think we'll do tomorrow?" She asked.

"Who knows...but one thing I know, Mina decides." Nayoung said.

"You're right." Kyulkyung nodded.

---

Kyulkyung woke up the next day. She groaned, rolling to side to feel that her girlfriend wasn't in bed. She jolted up as she looked for Nayoung. She heard laughter by the kitchen. She went there to see Nayoung and Mina having fun while making breakfast.

Kyulkyung watched as Nayoung instructs Mina to get some ingredients, with her help, of course. Kyulkyung was shocked of this, her eyebrow raising of suspicions. Mina had a spot for Nayoung and with the Stone Buddha instructing the three-year old to get some ingredients, she was raising the accusation of the Stone Buddha abusing the kid in a montage.

"Yah, Stone Nayoung!" Kyulkyung called and Nayoung and Mina stopped, with Nayoung turning the stove off. "What's this about?"

"What? Mina woke up so early she wanted to help me. I let her." Nayoung said.

"Really now?" Kyulkyung raised an eyebrow. "Or are you abusing the kid by doing tasks?"

"Really? Just because I get awkward with kids?" Nayoung asked as Mina hugged her. "I got used to the kid now. Not that she'd doa anything I say but...I followed your advice and try to get close to the kid."

"Well, you seem having fun, Mina." Kyulkyung smiled as the kid went to hug her.

"I did, Imonie. Aunt Nayoung's super fun." Mina cheered.

Nayoung chuckled as Kyulkyung went to get he iPhone, taking a picture with her girlfriend and Mina. 

"Lemme send this to Sejeong and Chungha." She winked.

"Tell her to bring some souvenirs for us," said Nayoung.

"Tell Mommy Chungha to bring me a stuffed penguin, Imonie!" Mina cheered again.

The couple laughed for the kid. They ate breakfast together, did some chores together and planned a day at the amusement park.

---

Nayoung and Kyulkyung wore couple shirts of half a heart as Mina wore an arrow-themed shirt. Nayoung would've felt awkward but now, she got used to having a great time with Mina and Kyulkyung.

They ate food, rode on various rides, and walked around. Mina stopped as she wowed of the twister.

"Imonie! Let's ride there." Mina pointed while jumping around.

Nayoung gulped. She didn't like twisters. It made her dizzy. "Uhh...maybe next time."

"Pleaaaase, Imonieeee~" Mina pouted.

Kyulkyung nudged her to do it. Nayoung let's Kyulkyung come but she shook her head, staying due to her job as a photographer. Nayoung was hopeless as she and Mina ride the twister.

Mina was excited as she got on a chair, all buckled up. Kyulkyung was cheering them on as Nayoung was getting nervous, sitting next to Mina.

"Buddha, help." Nayoung whispered. 

"Imonie, say cheese!" Mina got a phone her mother sent from the US.

Nayoung had to smile. But deep down, she was nervous. Nayoung held onto the rails as the ride was beginning. The ride was quick. Mina was cheering as Nayoung rode with a stoic face. 

"Imonie, is it really this awesome?" Mina asked with a gleam on her face.

"Yeah. It is." Nayoung answered as she huffed.

"Imonie, this is awesome!!" Mina yelled as the ride went faster.

Nayoung gulped. She remained stoic as Mina was so happy during the ride. Nayoung and Mina saw Kyulkyung as she takes pictures. When the ride was at full speed, Nayoung heard Mina whine. Not only that, she noticed a foul smell.

"Uhh...Imonie!!" Mina called loud.

"What is it?!!!" Nayoung yelled.

"I and piss my diaper!" Mina yelled. 

Nayoung screamed for the first time as the ride went on for God knows how long.

---

Nayoung was walking tiredly, Kyulkyung helping her out and Mina walking with her, all fine.

Mina shat and pissed herself on the ride. Nayoung hastily carried her towards the comfort room, calling Kyulkyung to follow. Luckily, Nayoung was always prepared as she changed Mina's diaper and brought an extra diaper and extra matching shorts for her to wear.

With the incident, Nayoung was worried and in the end, she went home slumping on the couch. Kyulkyung chuckled of her girlfriend as Mina asked. "Was Imonie tired because of me?"

"Yeah. But she'll be fine." Kyulkyung answered as she carried Mina. "Did you have fun?"

"Yes, Imonie." Mina nodded then yawned. "I'm sleepy, Imonie. Tell Aunt Nayoung that I had fun. Thank you, Imonie." 

Mina slept in Kyulkyung's arms. Kyulkyung pecked the girl's forehead and Nayoung's as she carried Mina to her room, letting her sleep.

---

Sejeong and Chungha came back from the trip. Mina was excited as she jumped off of her bed and ran to the door, seeing her two mothersp

She hugged them. Sejeong was happy, kissing her forehead as she gave her a stuffed penguin. Chungha got to kiss her baby's cheek as she saw Kyulkyung and Nayoung ready to go.

"Imonie? What's with the bags?" Mina asked then it hit her. "Are you leaving now?"

"Yes." Kyulkyung crouched at Mina's level, patting her head.

"But why?" Mina was sad as Kyulkyung pats her head.

"Your Aunt Nayoung and I will be going overseas tomorrow for our work." Kyulkyung answered.

"And we're both needed because it's important." Nayoung said, getting the bags.

"Thanks for keeping an eye on Mina for us," said Chungha.

"I'll send you guys back to your house. I got the souvenirs you asked." Sejeong winked.

Chungha chuckled. Kyulkyung bids Mina goodbye but she cried. Mina pulled Kyulkyung, not wanting her aunt to let go. Kyulkyung persuaded the child to let and in the end, Mina whined and ran towards her room.

"Mina -"

"Let me talk to her." Nayoung said. 

Sejeong and Chungha nodded. Nayoung went to the room where Mina slept to see her cry. Nayoung sighed as she went closer, the girl tackling her for a hug. 

"Imonie...please stay." Mina pleaded.

"I'm sorry, okay?" Nayoung apologized as she wiped Mina's tears. "It won't be long when we come back. Kyulkyung and I will visit."

"Promise?" Mina asked as she places her pinky on Nayoung's.

"Promise." Nayoung said and they share their hugs.

---

Chungha carried Mina as Kyulkyung and Nayoung bid goodbye. Sejeong got the car ready as they board. Nayoung faced the back as she waved at Mina. Mina waved back as she watches Nayoung and Kyulkyung off.

In the ride, Nayoung was crying as Kyulkyung hugged her. Sejeong could only chuckle as she said: "You really do like kids."

"Well, only your daughter as of this point, Ahjusshi." Nayoung spoke.

"Can we take care of her next time?" Kyulkyung asked.

"Sure." Sejeong nodded. 

"What do you think, Stoney?" Kyulkyung asked as she hugged Nayoung.

Nayoung was silent. But with her nod, she's sure to face another wonderful time babysitting.

+++

I never thought this would finish quick but I'm happy I did. I hope I can finish another today. Lovelots guys.