Friendship (Sejeong • Chaeyeon)

Remember

Characters: Kim Sejeong, Jung Chaeyeon

Requested by: MOGURITHEGAY

Title: Friendship

+++

Sejeong was busy with school. With the inevitability of biochemistry, she was struggling a but but generally, she was still the first placer. 

"How do you do that, Sejeong?" Hana asked.

"I just solve." Sejeong said whimsically. "Just kidding. Here, some extra notes."

"I owe you one, Sejeong." Hana thanked her as she went with Haebin and Kim Nayoung.

Sejeong chuckled. The bell rang, indicating the ending of the high school classes. Sejeong would've thought Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung's classes would be done so she packs her stuff and went to the high school department to visit them.

---

Chaeyeon was finished with a discussion with Chungha and Nayoung. Despite of that, Chaeyeon could hear mutters about her and the Zhou siblings.

"Mind them, Chae." Nayoung said.

"True. They're people who you shouldn't deal with because you're more decent than they think you are." Chungha pats her back.

"You're right." Chaeyeon nodded.

Squealing was heard and the three sighed. Nayoung and Chungha gave Chaeyeon the worried look as she welcomes another dose of speculations.

"Chaeyeon?" It was Sejeong.

"Sejeong...what are you doing here?" Chaeyeon asked.

"I came to see you." 

The answer caused the fangirls to mutter. Chaeyeon sighed and went outside where Sejeong was. "If you want to talk about something, make it quick. I don't want to waste time."

"Chaeyeon... please don't get mad." Sejeong said. "We're friends, remember? And please don't get mad at Kyulkyung."

"Why are you thinking that I'm mad?" Chaeyeon asked.

"You're ignoring us...you're ignoring me..." Sejeong answered. "Don't let the speculations ruin our friendship, please..."

"So it's my fault?!" Chaeyeon batted. "This is just ed up, Sejeong. Why would I not ignore you two? It's like those dramas wherein I'm the common one and I'm friends with famous people and get cornered with rumors. And you know the only thing I can do is to stop this and ignore you."

"But...what about our friendship, Chae?" Sejeong asked, holding her hand.

"That wasn't friendship, Sejeong." Chaeyeon said, shaking her head. "It was just a touch of tutorials. Nothing more. Nothing less."

Sejeong couldn't believe those words came out of Chaeyeon's mouth. Sejeong shook her head as Chaeyeon sighed, walking away.

"Chaeyeon, wait!" Sejeong spoke as Chaeyeon ran off.

Sejeong sighed and went after her. Chaeyeon continued running as Sejeong was desperate to catch up to her. 

As she ran after Chaeyeon, Sejeong stopped once Chaeyeon did as she saw her friend facing her sister. Kyulkyung was the same as Sejeong, dying to talk to Chaeyeon and talks things through. Instead, Chaeyeon passed by Kyulkyung, pushing her off. Sejeong went after Chaeyeon again when Kyulkyung stopped her.

"Xinzheng...stop." Kyulkyung said.

"Why are you doing?" Sejeong spoke. "What about the friendship we had?"

"Chaeyeon needs time to settle. We're worsening the situation if we pay attention to her here." Kyulkyung said.

For the first time in her life, Kyulkyung had a point. Sejeong sighed as she backed away lightly, with Kyulkyung letting go of her shoulder.

"How could we...I mean...our fame isn't to blame." Sejeong uttered.

"But somehow it affects Chaeyeon." Kyulkyung said.

"You got a plan to bring her back?" Sejeong asked. "I thought you like her."

"I do." Kyulkyung said. "I would die to have this opportunity to court her but... now's not the time. First, we need to settle your friendship with her."

Sejeong could only smile as Kyulkyung wrapped an arm around her shoulder. Sejeong had an arm around Kyulkyung's and they walked.

"You know, Jieqiong. Despite of being the iest person in this school, you got a heart of gold." Sejeong said.

"It's what sisters do, Xinzheng." Kyulkyung only said as they continued to walk.

---

Sejeong was by her spot, studying. Some fangirls were there to watch one the eldest of the Zhou twins and she found it annoying. She slammed her book, moving to another place to study.

She would've been certain that the fangirls would follow. She ran and thought of going to isolated places to study but she was cornered. She cussed and thought about hiding when her sister came in.

Kyulkyung distracted the fangirls as they focused their attention on her. Kyulkyung winked as Sejeong muttered a 'thank you' before heading out to the veranda, a solemn place far from the center of the campus.

Sejeong was in relief as she studies again. She heard a familiar voice and gazed to see Chaeyeon studying. Sejeong grabbed the chance and decided to talk to her.

"Chaeyeon?"

"Sejeong!" Chaeyeon yelped lightly. "What are you doing here?"

"Getting away from reality. I couldn't focus on studying because of those es." Sejeong muttered.

"They're your fangirls, Sejeong." Chaeyeon said.

"Well, I don't like them. I don't like them because they hurt you." Sejeong said to her.

Chaeyeon snickered, a thing Sejeong didn't expect of her. Chaeyeon resumed reading. "It's incurably true. But I suggest you get out of here. There might be people here who could spot us."

"Chaeyeon, I never thought you could be this afraid. What happened to the courageous Jung Chaeyeon I know?"

Chaeyeon was taken off guard of what Sejeong said. Sejeong sat beside her and they face each other for the first time in a long while. "What's with you? I thought you were the Jung Chaeyeon who doesn't give a of what others think and here you are, hiding like some syndicate."

"You don't understand..." Chaeyeon muttered as she reads her book again.

"Is it because I'm famous here like Kyulkyung?" Sejeong asked again.

"Technically that's the thing." Chaeyeon said as she closed her book and stood up. "But mostly, it's because of Kyulkyung."

Sejeong didn't understand. Chaeyeon walked away again as she wondered how in the world did Kyulkyung got into the cause of Chaeyeon's misery in the school.

She knows her sister would never do that. But then, it's a thing she needs to find out.

---

Chaeyeon was sighing as she bears her tears. She didn't want to do that to her friend. She loathed ignoring Sejeong just because of the those stereotypes who believe that her friendship with Sejeong was a hoax and that she gets fame for knowing the twin.

And then there's Kyulkyung. There were times they see each other. Kyulkyung was the persistent one as she approaches Chaeyeon when she had the time. Chaeyeon did her best to avoid her because Kyulkyung grabbed every chance she could get to talk to her. And at the time, it was lucky day...

"Chaeyeon." Kyulkyung called.

Chaeyeon sighed as she tries to hide her face in her locker. Kyulkyung went closer, disregarding the mutters and the squealing as she grabbed Chaeyeon, forcing her to face herself.

"Kyulkyung, what are you-"

"Just don't ignore me." Kyulkyung said. "I thought you were smart. Why can't you get it in your head?"

"I don't want to, Kyulkyung. If this is still that ty bet you're wishing, it won't happen. I will never like you!" Chaeyeon yelped.

"You're lying." Kyulkyung said as Chaeyeon gasped as Kyulkyung tried to take off her glasses.

"If you're worried of the stereotyping and what not, just take those off and let me see the real you, the beautiful you..." Kyulkyung begged.

"Kyulkyung...stop." Chaeyeon pleaded, almost crying. "Please..."

Kyulkyung gasped when she felt being pulled away and a punch laded it's way to her face. Kyulkyung groaned as she clenched her fist and gasped to see her sister.

"Xinzheng..."

"Did you just hurt Chaeyeon, Jieqiong?!" Sejeong gritted her teeth.

"I didn't!" Kyulkyung said, getting pissed. "And what's with the punch?!"

"What did I just see, then?" Sejeong said, gritting her teeth.

"It's not what you think." Kyulkyung explained.

Sejeong remembered those words Chaeyeon said. Kyulkyung was the main reason why Chaeyeon avoids her. Sejeong had that fact ringing on her thoughts as she delivered her anger through physical force.

Kyulkyung may be feisty but she could never do anything to hurt her sister. Kyulkyung defended herself. The students were gasping and mumbling as they could only watch the Zhou siblings fight...just because of Chaeyeon.

Chaeyeon was horrified as she froze, her legs turning jelly as Sejeong delivered punch after punch towards Kyulkyung. The younger sibling did her best to explain and blew up a fuse, fighting off her sister fair and square.

"Sejeong! Kyulkyung! Stop!" Chaeyeon yelled.

Kyulkyung froze and Sejeong lands a punch on her face, causing the younger twin to fall over. Kyulkyung hissed, her lip bleeding. Sejeong was out of control. Deep down, she felt so guilty for hurting her sister. But with Chaeyeon's reasons lingering on her brain, she grew angry.

And with one last punch, she was able to stop as Chaeyeon was in front of her, protecting Kyulkyung. Not only that, she was crying.

"Sejeongie..." Chaeyeon called her with the nickname she missed from her. "Don't fight Kyulkyung. Don't fight your sister. She didn't do anything to hurt me, I swear..."

Sejeong eased as a hand held her fist. She stopped as Chaeyeon cried. She crouched and wiped her tears away. Kyulkyung sighed, getting up as she lets go of Chaeyeon's hold of her hand.

"Jieqiong-"

Kyulkyung just glared at her and went ahead. The fangirls went to check on her when Kyulkyung told them to back away. They made way for the younger twin as the teacher came in to see the commotion.

Sejeong lets go of Chaeyeon as she submits herself to her wrongdoing. The teacher called Sejeong for a talk towards the dean's office as she guides Sejeong out of the commotion. Chaeyeon cussed at the fangirls who glared at her.

"What the do you just do, ?" One of them spoke.

"What was that about?" Another one asked.

"What connection do you have with The Great Zhou twins? What's in you that they see you almost everyday?!" Another came closer, tapping her forehead harshly.

"Yah!" The fangirls stopped as Kyulkyung came back and a teacher was with her. "No one hurts my friend like that!"

"Okay, everyone! Go back to your classes." The teacher instructed. 

Everyone obeyed as the crowd lessened. Kyulkyung checked on Chaeyeon who went back when the teacher called her. "Jung Chaeyeon. You're coming with me and Miss Zhou here."

"Teacher... she's not involved in our little fight." Kyulkyung said. 

"Are you sure? Because your sister has stated that Jung Chaeyeon was a motive of your fight." The teacher said.

"She was." Kyulkyung said, making Chaeyeon look at her. "But please don't involve her. I'll explain to the principal and the Dean. She can't wreck her image of being a top student just because of me and Sejeong."

Chaeyeon gulped. The teacher somehow considered that reason and instructs Chaeyeon to go back to her class, in which she obliged.

Chaeyeon looked back as Kyulkyung went with the teacher. Then...her heart skipped a beat once more...

---

Sejeong and Kyulkyung were at peace with each other as Sejeong deeply apologizes for punching Kyulkyung. Kyulkyung maybe a badass but she was forgiving towards her sister as she accepts her apology.

"Don't worry of Mama. I'll explain everything to her for you." Sejeong assured her.

"Thanks. I owe you one." Kyulkyung said.

"I need to see Chaeyeon. You coming?" Sejeong spoke.

"I'll pass. I'll just go home and study." Kyulkyung said.

"This could be your-"

"I'm not clinging onto that anymore." Kyulkyung laughed. "Anyways, see you back at home."

Sejeong sighed as she then saw Chaeyeon. Sejeong just stood there, trying to pass by her when Chaeyeon blocked her way. Sejeong got some hints but she had to be sure. "Yes, Chaeyeon?"

"Can we talk?" Chaeyeon asked.

Sejeong nodded hastily. She followed Chaeyeon, walking by her side all while maintaining a gap. Somehow, Chaeyeon held her hand. Sejeong looked down and smiled, holding her hand back. They got to the veranda again, having their talk for the first time in a long while.

"So...what do you want to talk about?" Sejeong asked.

"How did we ever get into this, Sejeong?" Chaeyeon asked back as Sejeong looks at her. "You were right. Who knew I was turning into a wuss?"

"I did, Chaeyeon. I blamed Kyulkyung for your actions and she actually accepted her mistake." Sejeong said.

"I didn't mean to avoid you, Sejeong, not because of Kyulkyung, but because you're now the likes of your sister. And who am I to get close to you like before? I'm just a nerd here." Chaeyeon reasoned out.

"What made you think that way, Chaeyeon? I mean, you shouldn't cling onto those stereotypes. You taught me that." Sejeong said.

"I know. So much for hypocrisy." Chaeyeon mumbled as Sejeong shrugged lightly. "And mind me for your sister. Just so you know, she annoys me a lot."

"She's just like that. But, you need to know this..." Sejeong said, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "Kyulkyung may be a badass but she means well. She just irresponsible. But as I've seen her, she grew up doing her best...and she got that from you, Chae." 

"She does...but of all people she haunts, why me?" Chaeyeon asked.

"You wanna know?" Sejeong asked.

"Yes. I deserve to know." Chaeyeon said back.

"Well, why do you have to be so blind? Just so you know, my sister did her efforts because she likes you." Sejeong said.

"You kidding me? How could the goddamn Great Zhou like me?" Chaeyeon laughed it off.

"She does. And she's my twin so I know her emotions as much as she knows mine. And just between us, my Jieqiong likes you so much." Sejeong said.

"You really mean that?" Chaeyeon asked as she seems hopeful. "Does Kyulkyung really like me?"

"Yeah." Sejeong smiled. "She always did."

+++

That's all for now. Lovelots from asahdako.