David and Goliath (Doyeon • Yoojung)

Remember

Characters: Choi Yoojung, Kim Doyeon

Requested by: Buning2004

Title: David and Goliath

+++

Once upon a time, in a district in Seoul, a tall beautiful woman lived in a mansion. She had everything she ever desired but it didn't suffice her parents' satisfaction. Why? Because the girl, their daughter, was a selfish, unkind rebel, and had a girlfriend that didn't meet their standards.

One day, her parents had visitors, long family friends. The tall girl saw her best friend, a short girl. They had some bonding time as both of their parents talked by the veranda. 

"Doyeon-ah, show me your stash of Fantagio cards." 

"Sure, Yoojung-ah." Doyeon smiled.

Yoojung adored her best friend so much. She loved her smiles, her tall stature, and even the way she held her hand. But knowing Doyeon already has a girlfriend, she had to toss the feelings aside. For Doyeon, she was selfish except to her friends, to her girlfriend, and to Yoojung.

After having a bonding time, they went to the veranda. Doyeon and Yoojung were happy, holding hands when...

"Aren't they adorable?" Doyeon's father spoke.

"They are." Yoojung's mother nodded.

"They're meant for each other." Yoojung's father nodded too. "We should let them marry. Doyeon's single, right?"

"She is." Doyeon's mother lied. "Doyeon's single like Yoojung. We should do the arranged marriage. I'm sure Yoojung wouldn't mind."

Doyeon was angry as she pulled Yoojung and they sat by the living room.

"Aish, I hate them." Doyeon gritted her teeth. "I have Soomin. I love her. And we can't be married, Yoojung. We're best friends."

Yoojung was fidgeting, biting her bottom lip. Doyeon knew those reflexes as she asked. "Yoojung...you got something to tell me?"

"So what if they arrange us in marriage? I won't mind." Yoojung mumbled.

"Yoojung..."

"Don't you I've liked you for so long? But you have Soomin so I don't stand a chance." Yoojung said. "This is for the sake of our business but I won't consider that reason. I want to agree with the arranged marriage because I want to be with you."

Doyeon felt a hold on her hand. Yoojung's hold was soft and tender but she didn't feel anything because Soomin will always her the person she loves.

---

Doyeon got into an argument with her parents. Her mother shared the arranged marriage and Doyeon opposed of it.

"Mom! You can't make me, okay?! I have a girlfriend!" Doyeon yelled.

"Soomin isn't suited for you. You're a Kim, Doyeon." Her father spoke.

"What can that woman do for you? Are you going to make yourself lose everything of our legacy for that woman?!" Her mother asked angrily. "You better agree on this marriage or else the woman gets it!"

"Darling, let's not do thst, please..." Doyeon's father said, not wanting to deal things the hard way.

"There's no choice, darling! Don't agree or we'll lose an heir to the business and a shareholder of our company. Think about Appa!" 

Doyeon could remember her grandfather. She loathed him because he was just like her mother, greedy. And the shareholder? It's Yoojung's father. He and Doyeon's mother will collaborate to form one big company. Yoojung and Doyeon are heirs to the business and what better way to do that than arrange the two in marriage.

"Let me negotiate with you, Doyeon." Her mother said and Doyeon grew angry. "Marry Yoojung. If not, you can have your girlfriend but you are no longer a member of this family. I'll cut all of your shares and let you live with your woman in her shabby apartment. Let her raise you."

Doyeon gulped as she could spare details of her and Soomin.

Soomin came from a poor family. Doyeon fell in love with her as Soomin felt the same. They kept their relationship secret but Doyeon's mother found out about them at a bar. Doyeon knew of Soomin's struggle of living in a crummy apartment that she supported Soomin with everything, from tuition fees to basic necessities. It's how the tall woman showed love to her.

Soomin couldn't give anything much to Doyeon but all her love. Soomin could only give cheap gifts and sessions to the woman. Doyeon loved everything Soomin tried to give, making their relationship stronger.

"Let me add the punishment." Her mother said again. "You know, if you agree to come with that woman, I'll make her life suffer. Maybe the next thing I'll know, she'll be living at the streets."

"You wouldn't?!" Doyeon grew angry as her father tries to calm her down. "You're not hurting her."

"Then why didn't you say so? All you have to do is marry Yoojung." Her mother said again.

Doyeon's head was spinning. She can't bear to be a burden to Soomin. She promised her she will provide for her. She also knew of her mother's will to have things her way. If she rejects, Soomin will suffer. And she can't bear that.

Doyeon kneeled and nodded. Her parents felt victorious. For her, it was her punishment. For her, the mansion felt dirty and her parents that lived in the place.

---

Doyeon and Yoojung married. Yoojung was happy that she's married the person she likes but somehow, her happiness will be wiped off as Doyeon scoffs at her.

"This is your fault." 

Yoojung could only lower her head as Doyeon said that. She was aware of everything that's happening but she's in denial. For her, she can't let her parents down and she can't let Doyeon slip in the arms of someone else. They say that everything happens by chance that's why Yoojung took that chance to be with Doyeon.

But their lives took a spin. Yoojung felt like they were never married, all because Doyeon wouldn't let her in her heart. Ashamed and angry from the betrothal, Doyeon secluded herself away from Yoojung, with a very cheap and kept cellphone that kept her in touch with Soomin.

The betrothal was not of the ordinary. It was extravagant. Doyeon was bored yet Yoojung was happy. Doyeon would've loved the way Yoojung smiled but she loathed her for all this. Soomin had to bear crying because of it but Doyeon swore she's making a way...and she did by reuniting. Doyeon didn't care about the marriage. She's superior to Yoojung so her ways will be followed.

Yoojung hated Soomin this time. She hated that way she made Doyeon happy instead of herself. She wanted to confront her but Soomin was backed up by Doyeon. Yoojung couldn't oppose Doyeon, not ever. So, she lived like a maid instead of being a wife to Doyeon.

As the years passed, Yoojung fell into despair and lost to Soomin towards Doyeon. But despite of that, Yoojung grew stronger and still loved Doyeon dearly.

Because for Yoojung, she believed she can always love the pretty Goliath Kim Doyeon.

 ---

Doyeon and Soomin were on their date. They were having a great time talking until they saw Yoojung talking to some friends.

"Isn't that your wife?" Soomin asked as she points out Yoojung.

"So what?" Doyeon ignored. "I don't mind about that. She's just talking to Mina and Sohye."

"Elite friends?" Soomin asked and Doyeon nodded.

"Soomin, let's not talk about that." Doyeon said.

"How can I stop it? It's fascinating." Soomin answered.

"Well, a topic about elites and business is boring." Doyeon said. "It's for ty grown-ups."

"Next topic, then." Soomin said and Doyeon smiled while nodding. "Why aren't you letting that Yoojung leave the house?"

"Sha can't and I'm not letting her leave." Doyeon answered instantly. "Our parents might get suspicious and cut our losses. We need this marriage settled so that I can keep my shares to provide you with anything you need."

Soomin lowered her head, feeling useless. Doyeon cupped her face, telling her not to worry. Soomin was assured with Doyeon's words that she held her hands and they inch to kiss.

*splash*

Soomin and Doyeon gasped of the sudden wetness and coldness. Doyeon looked to see Sohye, a glass on her hand.

"What the was that?!" Doyeon infuriated, holding Sohye's collar.

"You! You're still attached to that woman even though you're married. You're an !" Sohye yelled.

Yoojung and Mina gasped as they went there. Mina stopped her wife as Yoojung stopped hers.

"Penguin, please..." Mina said as Sohye calmed.

"Yah, Sohye. What was that about?!" Yoojung got crossed for Sohye's act.

"What the heck, Yoojung?! Why are you letting your wife do as she pleases!? You don't deserve to be treated that way!" Sohye defended. "And you, Kim Doyeon. You're married. Even though you don't love each other much, as least open up and treat Yoojung decently."

"You know nothing, Sohye!" Doyeon yelled. "I'm Yoojung's wife and I will treat her as I please."

Doyeon pushed Yoojung off and grabbed Soomin's hand, leaving the café. Sohye was angry as Yoojung lowered her head and cried. Mina went to comfort her as Sohye did too, patting her back.

"It's okay, Yoojung. You can always count on us, okay? Also for Sejeong and Chungha." Sohye said.

"My Penguin's right. We got your back." Mina said.

"I'm sorry for your ruining your date and being a third wheel." Yoojung sniffled.

Mina and Sohye didn't mind as they comforted Yoojung. Yoojung could only cry as thoughts of Doyeon lingered on her head.

---

Yoojung was on her room, trapped. She was crying. Doyeon had forced her inside, locking the door behind her. She was supposed to have somewhere to go with Chungha but the girl was forced to obey Doyeon.

Why was Yoojung forced inside her room? Soomin and her were having their date at their home. Yoojung would've opposed. She tries that before but Doyeon almost beats her. She didn't want that to happen so she had to stay in her room. That's right. HER room... because she and Doyeon never slept together.

But for her, she had to escape and be free from this torment. So, she calls Chungha on her phone. "Chungha?"

"I heard from Nayoung that Doyeon forced you to stay put." Chungha said and Yoojung gasped. "Sejeong and I will come there to get you."

Yoojung was relieved. She got herself ready. She looked at the mirror and wiped her tears away, all while putting some makeup. A knock was heard on her window. She looked down to see Chungha and Sejeong. Yoojung calls Sejeong this time.

"Why didn't you go through the door?" Yoojung asked.

"Doyeon had gone out with Soomin. You're gonna have to go through the window." Sejeong said.

Yoojung hung up. She huffed, going out of the window when...

"What are you doing? Are you escaping?!" Doyeon was at the door as she went to pull Yoojung off of the window.

The doorbell rang. Doyeon pulled Yoojung with her as they went towards to door, greeting an angry Sejeong and a gasping Chungha.

"Sejeong? Chungha?" 

"Don't ask." Sejeong forced Doyeon off of Yoojung. "Were borrowing your wife for a while."

"You won't." Doyeon pulled Yoojung towards her. "We're spending time together here. She's not leaving, right baby?"

Yoojung's mind and heart was twisted. Doyeon never called her that before. She felt mushy.

"Stop with your lie, Doyeon. I saw you and Soomin. Yoojung called me, saying you two were dating. What the , Doyeon. Yoojung's your wife." Chungha batted.

"What do you care of what I do? Soomin and I were just meeting and I was in the brink of doing something for Yoojung."

"What? Beat her until she goes quiet?" Sejeong snickered at Doyeon.

"Enough." Yoojung stops the argument. "Sejeong, Chungha, I'm sorry for the bother. But yes, Doyeon and I were about to resume out time together at home."

Doyeon was shocked that Yoojung backed her up as Sejeong and Chungha opposed. "Yoojung, what are you doing?"

"Yeah, that's it. Sorry again, Sejeong, Chungha. You may go now." Yoojung said again.

Sejeong and Chungha always had a spot for Yoojung that they would anything she says. And like now, they left. Yoojung and Doyeon went inside as Yoojung closed the door.

"Why didn't you oppose?" Doyeon asked.

"If I did, I'd get beaten up. You almost did that to me before. I don't want that single attempt to happen for real." Yoojung said. "Can't you just forget about? I'm here, aren't I? You think I'm going to leave? No. You're my wife and I'm staying."

"Will you really..." Doyeon went closer, facing Yoojung. "...stay with me forever?"

"You have my word." Yoojung spoke. 

Doyeon scoffed it off again and went up to her room. Yoojung knelt and cried again. She can't back off of it now. She's staying. Even if it'll hurt her, she's staying.

It's just how she loves Doyeon so much...

Later in the evening, Doyeon came down to eat dinner. She went to the dining room to see food already. Doyeon went to the living room and saw Yoojung, sleeping. Doyeon went closer to get a good look at her.

Doyeon found Yoojung cute, all wrapped up in a blanket like a giant sushi roll. Doyeon leaned in closer, their faces almost touching. Doyeon felt her heart beat. That was weird. She never felt like that before and to be completely honest, the feeling was bigger than what she felt for Soomin.

Doyeon wondered why she hated Yoojung like that. But knowing it was because of her selfish ignorance of opposing to the betrothal, it answered her question of why. Nonetheless, Doyeon gulped, reaching a hand to touch her wife's face. Yoojung was waking up that she retracted that hand away from Yoojung's face.

But wait. Yoojung reached Doyeon's hand, held onto it tenderly, and placed it onto her cheek. Doyeon's heart eased at some point but she couldn't accept it. Soomin is the one she loved and no one else.

"Get up." Doyeon went back to being a sourpuss as she forced her hand off of Yoojung's grasp. "You're eating dinner with me and that's that."

Yoojung could only obey, fix the couch and eat dinner with her wife.

---

Yoojung was at work, taking care of the family business for hers and Doyeon's sake. Sejeong, Chungha, and Sohye were working on the same company because like the first text says: it's family business.

During work, Doyeon's distance would admire Yoojung for doing work but they always insulted Doyeon for her ignorance and procrastination, especially on how she treats Yoojung.

"I'm sorry you had to involve in this mess, Yoojung. Samcheon and Imo aren't much of sentimental people." Sejeong said.

"I'd blame Doyeon on how she treats Yoojung but yeah, same with our aunt and uncle," said Sohye. "Which reminds me, Doyeon texted me to tell you that you two are going to dinner at Mina's family restaurant. Doyeon reserved a table for you guys."

Yoojung would've loved it. But today, she'll be the one doing the scoffing. "No."

"What?" Chungha reacted. "What do you mean no?"

"I'm not going. It's nice of her to do that but...no thanks." Yoojung shrugged. "Sohye, text Doyeon to cancel the reservation because I'm not going."

Sejeong and Sohye whooped and cheered of Yoojung. For Chungha, she was worried Doyeon would beat her this time. "Are you sure? Sure it's nice you fight for your right but what if Doyeon beats your for real?"

"She won't. She won't hurt me..." Yoojung assured them. "If she does, I'll call Sejeong and Sohye to back me up."

Sejeong and Sohye nodded, showing their ists of fury as they laughed while working.

---

About a while ago, Doyeon was pacing. Her fellow models, Nayoung and Kyulkyung, were with her. 

"What's taking so long? Why isn't she texting back?" Doyeon ranted.

"Who would text a wife like you?" Nayoung delivered her sarcasms. "You loathe her because of the marriage that you don't treat her well then text her to come for dinner? Well, who wouldn't speculate about that?"

"Just be patient, Doyeon. Take Yoojung into consideration. She devoted to marry you, her freedom taken away in one false swoop because she wants to be with you and here you are, secluding her." Kyulkyung joined her wife in nagging. "Are you only did this because of your family business?"

"Of course I did." Doyeon answered. "I'm no fool."

"Great. Good luck winning Yoojung's trust, you idiot." Nayoung commented.

"Why are you aware facing the obscurity of marriage just now? You've been married for three years. And why in the goddamn hell are you still dating Soomin?" Kyulkyung asked.

"Why I'm aware? Well, Yoojung has been tying my heart into knots. She's cute and pretty and kind...but there's Soomin. We've been dating for five years. I love Soomin and she loves me." Doyeon asked.

"But who came into your life first? Yoojung or Soomin?" Nayoung asked.

"Yoojung." Doyeon sighed. "We've been best friends since we were nine years old."

"You may have some strings tied but if I were you, I'd choose Yoojung." Nayoung said.

"Me too, buddy." Kyulkyung said. "It's not right to break your relationship with Soomin but please, Doyeon...don't hurt your wife like that. Open up to her."

"I'm trying through this date, okay?!" Doyeon yelped. "That's why I want us to have dinner, just the two of us."

"And you think she'll just say yes? It might take time for Yoojung to decide after the torment she's been through thanks to you." Nayoung spoke again.

"Nayoung's right." Kyulkyung agreed. "Now, if she does say yes, you need to let Yoojung see that you're a very good wife."

"I don't know how." Doyeon mumbled.

"Think of how you and Soomin go on dates. But you need to be more decent than the date. Like come on. Yoojung's your wife, idiot." Nayoung said.

"Stand straight. Act like a gentlewoman. And when she comes in, don't act like a sourpuss and smile." Kyulkyung said.

"Be gentle towards her this time and don't frighten her by flipping out like an idiot." Nayoung said and Doyeon nods.

"Shower her with compliments with sincerity and above all..." Kyulkyung said then Nayoung joins her. "...you must control you temper!"

*RING*

Doyeon rushed to her bag to look for her cellphone. She got a text from Sohye and she gulped as she read the text.

-Hey, idiot. I did you instructions and guess what? YOOJUNG ISN'T COMING. She's going home after work.-

"Whaaaaaaat?!!!!!" Doyeon reacted that she grabbed her stuff and left to go home.

Nayoung and Kyulkyung gulped as they decided to follow her.

---

Sejeong and Chungha were at Yoojung and Doyeon's home to watch over, just in case Doyeon attempts to beat her wife. Just as Doyeon stormed in, Sejeong and Chungha try to stop her as Nayoung and Kyulkyung followed.

Doyeon was angry as she banged the door of Yoojung's room. "I thought I texted you to come to dinner!!"

"You didn't! You texted Sohye!! And I'm not going. I'm not even hungry, you idiot!" Yoojung yelled through the door.

Nayoung and Sejeong contained their laughs as Chungha and Kyulkyung sighed, lowering their heads. Doyeon? She grew angrier. "Come out or I'll bang the door off of its hinges!!" 

" it. You couldn't even break a stick." Yoojung remarked that Nayoung went with Sejeong outside to laugh as Chungha and Kyulkyung stayed.

"What have I told you, Doyeon? That's not the way to win her trust." Kyulkyung said, crossing her arms.

"True. Please, Doyeon...be gentle." Chungha pleaded.

"But Yoojung's being so difficult!" Doyeon ranted again.

"My gosh, Doyeon. You really are an idiot. Now stop being a sourpuss and ask Yoojung properly and gently." Nayoung said.

"Nayoung's right. Gently." Sejeong said as Doyeon sighed, trying again. "Yoojung-ah...please join me for dinner."

"No!" Yoojung replied and Doyeon was losing it.

"See?" Doyeon reacted.

"Come on, try again. Gently..." Sejeong grinned.

"It would be great pleasure... if you join me for dinner." Doyeon said gently as she tries to control her temper.

"Wait. Say the magic word." Nayoung cooed.

"Please?" Doyeon spoke.

"No, thank you!!" Yoojung yelled.

"You can't stay there forever!!!" Doyeon erupted.

"Yes I can!! Thanks for training to do so, Kim Doyeon!!" Yoojung yelled back.

"Fine! Go ahead and starve!!" Doyeon yelled as she faced her friends. "If she doesn't eat with me, then she doesn't eat at all!!"

"I'm fine with that. I can cook for myself unlike you! You can't even fry an egg!" Yoojung delivered her sarcasms.

Doyeon grew furious that she ran towards her room, shutting the door. 

The four friends couldn't hold their laughs as they went downstairs. Nayoung and Sejeong were losing it, rolling on the floors laughing. Somehow, they went serious as they sat.

"That didn't go very at all, did it?" Chungha asked.

"Should we leave?" Nayoung asked.

"No. We need to keep an eye on them. Darling, Kyulkyung, you stay with Yoojung. Nayoung and I will deal with Doyeon." Sejeong said and everyone nodded.

---

Sejeong and Nayoung were watching Doyeon freaking out. As much as they want Doyeon to stop rampaging, they want her to just let go until she calms down.

"I try to do this but she refuses!! What does she want me to do?! Beg?!!" Doyeon ranted.

"You could try that." Nayoung delivered her sarcasms again. "Screw that idea. Do you know what she wants? She just wants to enjoy being with you in a simple way that does not involve rampaging."

"Doyeon, if you want Yoojung to stay here, change yourself. Why can't you just get over the betrothal?!! It's done and Yoojung's not a fault!!" Sejeong yelled.

"She is at fault!" Doyeon yelled. "She knew I had Soomin and she didn't oppose! How could I not forgive her? Now, Soomin has to suffer into our relationship because of the stupid betrothal!"

"You're a puzzle I can never understand, Doyeon." Nayoung sighed in defeat.

Sejeong's phone rang. Sejeong answered it. "Darling, how's Yoojung?"

"She's fine." Chungha answered. "Put me on loudspeaker."

Sejeong did. Now, Chungha's conversation can be heard by the three of them.

"Yoojung?" Doyeon heard her cries. "Chungha, where is she?!"

"Here. She's crying thanks to you!" Chungha ranted.

"Yoojung, why are you still staying with Doyeon? Aren't you tired of the way she's treating you? Why don't you just file a divorce?" They heard Kyulkyung talk.

"I can't. I don't want to fail Apps and Eomma's dying wish. And besides, I don't want to leave Doyeon alone." Yoojung answered.

Sejeong cried a bit of Yoojung's answer. Nayoung could only shake her head in disapproval and glare at Doyeon.

"Tell me, Yoojung..." Chungha was heard next. "What do you think of Doyeon? Be honest."

"She's a very nice woman. She's my best friend. Before Soomin and her, there was us. We'd have fun together and share everything together." Yoojung spoke and Doyeon froze. "But that all changed when Soomin came to her life. And when I found out that they were in a relationship, I decided to buzz off."

Doyeon sat by the bed, listening to Yoojung's voice which somehow hurt her heart. "The arranged marriage was the opportunity I could have to be with Doyeon. I got it but...I never thought it could turn out like this." 

Yoojung was crying again. Doyeon lowered her head as she puts a hand on her face. "I'm sorry for being selfish, Doyeon-ah. It's just that...I love you and I want to be with you. I'm sorry if I'm only a burden and that I cannot make you happy unlike Soomin. But knowing that I love you, I want to be with you, no matter how you treat me. I'm not leaving you. I just hope...you let me in for once and let me be a person you can depend on and lean onto..."

"Yoojung..." Doyeon's tears flowed endlessly.

"But I'm sorry...I can't bear this anymore..." Yoojung cried again.

"But Yoojung... Doyeon is listening and I know she's sorry. Why don't you give her another chance?" Kyulkyung asked.

"I've been giving her chances for almost four years. I've run out of chances. I want to leave. I don't want to know her anymore. I don't want to be her wife anymore."

Doyeon gasped. Nayoung went to her and said: "And you had to let it slip, huh? Sorry Doyeon...but we're taking Yoojung to our elite villa and we're staying with her there."

"Nayoung has a point. Sorry...but we're taking her. I hope you have a wonderful life with Soomin." Sejeong said.

The two left Doyeon to contemplate as Chungha hung up. Doyeon sighed as she thinks. "I'm fooling myself. Yoojung will never look at me the same way again. To her, I'm no longer best friend nor her wife...I'm a monster..."

She would've been relieved that she would at peace with her relationship with Soomin but somehow, without Yoojung, she felt empty...weak...and hopeless...

---

Doyeon and Soomin didn't see each other much because Doyeon was at Hong Kong for a fashion show. Due to her long period of working in the country, she moved on from Yoojung for a while.

That was until that one visit...

"Mrs. Kim, Mrs. Kim Mina to see you," said her agent.

Doyeon went towards and Mina greeted her with a stale smile. 

"Hey, Mina. What are you doing here?" Doyeon greeted.

"That's new." Mina was shocked of Doyeon's change. "Anyways, someone came all this way to see you." 

Mina made way and Doyeon gasped of seeing her wife. "Yoojung-ah..."

"Hi, Doyeon." Yoojung greeted coldly. "I brought something for you."

"Call me when you're done, Yoojung. Sohye and I will be at the lobby." Mina said as she left the two to talk.

Yoojung came inside and Doyeon lets her sit down. Doyeon would ask first on how she was and Yoojung was a bit shocked of Doyeon's change of attitude.

"I'm fine, Doyeon." Yoojung answered. "How's your relationship with Soomin?"

"Alright. We're still together." Doyeon said.

"Doyeon, let me cut to the chase." Yoojung said, showing some divorce papers. "I want to take the elite's advice on this. I thought of my presence as a burden to your relationship with Soomin. We shouldn't worry much of our parents. They're dead, remember?"

"No." Doyeon answered. "Please...let's not divorce. I still want you to be my wife, Yoojung."

"Well, I've had enough. Although...you not agreeing means I can't settle this. Fine then. We won't divorce." Yoojung said.

Doyeon hugged her. Yoojung was shocked, her hidden feeling of love towards Doyeon breaking free once more. For Doyeon, she was somehow eased and happy she sees Yoojung again, her beating heart adding towards her microscopic feeling towards Yoojung.

"Thank you..." Doyeon continued to hug her. "Stay for a bit and have lunch with me."

"I'm sorry but I have a flight to catch." Yoojung said, letting go. "But I'll be at the house. Also, the elites are having a reunion so we'll still see each other at the villa soon."

Doyeon couldn't argue as she watches Yoojung leave without saying goodbye. She sighed and sat back, missing her already.

Somehow, Doyeon had gone soft...and she was hoping she could give herself a chance to change and hoped Yoojung will give her back her chance.

---

Yoojung went back to their house she shared with Doyeon. She would be getting some stuff then go to the reunion. As she got there, she wondered as Soomin was at the door. 

"You." Yoojung called and Soomin saw her. "What are you doing here?"

"To see my girlfriend." Soomin batted. "Why? Are you going to oppose me from seeing her?"

Yoojung laughed. She made way for herself and went inside the house. Soomin follows her.

"You can just go. Doyeon isn't here." Yoojung said. "I came here to get my stuff then go back. Why are you here? What's your business with my wife?"

"I'm going to tell her myself." Soomin said. "Why do you have the right to know? She's not your concern, anyways."

"If you wait here for her it's useless. She won't be coming here until evening and I'll be leaving so you can't stay outside. It's cold." Yoojung said.

"Just give me the keys to the house, then." Soomin said. "This is Doyeon's house and as her girlfriend, I have authority."

"You're mistaken. This is OUR home. It bears my name and Doyeon's. As an owner like her, I refuse to give you the keys." Yoojung batted. "You call her, right? You have a cellphone. So leave and just call her."

"You wanna know, huh?" Soomin raised an eyebrow. "I want to come here and break up with her."

Yoojung was speechless. Soomin snickered then laughed. "Now you're happy. You can finally have Doyeon for yourself. Now you know why I want to break up with her? I found someone more decent than she is."

Yoojung couldn't be happier. But with Soomin calling Doyeon as less decent, she grew furious that she went closer to her and choked her. "Hell I'm happy. But calling Doyeon as less decent? It rages me to hear insults about Doyeon... because she deserves someone better. And you know what, I'm right and our late parents were right. You're not decent at all."

"Yoojung!" Yoojung froze as she saw Doyeon. "What are you doing to my girlfriend?!"

Doyeon pushed Yoojung away and comforted her girlfriend. Soomin smirked at Yoojung and the short girl defended herself. "Doyeon-ah, it's not what you think -"

"What I think? Why the hell were you choking Soomin?" Doyeon asked harshly again.

"She said something bad about you. She insulted you. She even came here to break up with you!" Yoojung reasoned.

"You're lying!" Doyeon yelled.

"How petty." Soomin spat.

Doyeon glared at Soomin for the first time and the girl raised an eyebrow, a trait Doyeon had seen just now. "What? Now you have a spot for that brat? Well, congratulations...'cause we're breaking up."

Doyeon felt a brick hit her head. "You...what?"

"You're dense and deaf. I told you. I'm breaking up with you..." Soomin said as she threw her ring at Doyeon. "I've found someone who is more decent and is much better that you'll ever be."

Yoojung tackled her and slapped her. Doyeon gasped as Soomin's eyes dilated. "You're not insulting my wife!"

"Enough!" Doyeon grabbed Yoojung's wrist, causing Yoojung to wince in pain.

Soomin spits at Doyeon and left the mansion. For Doyeon, she had gone back to her raging self as she shoves Yoojung on the couch, hurting the girl. "Why did you come here, huh? Is this some act to revenge?"

"It's not, Doyeon. I had nothing to do with this!" Yoojung yelled. "But please, I didn't mean to choke Soomin. I'm sorry-"

"Thanks for your plot. You must be happy to get revenge, right? You finally had your payback!" Doyeon said angrily.

"You idiot!" Yoojung stood up. "It's not for payback! I had nothing to do with this!!! And thank God I choked her because she deserved it for hurting someone I love!"

"Shut up!" Doyeon breaks a glass, causing Yoojung to grow scared. "I shouldn't have opened up to you. Do you realize that all of my misery is yours to blame?! Do you realize what you've done?!"

"Doyeon-ah.. please stop!" Yoojung cried.

"Give me that!!" Doyeon gets her keys to the home. "You're are no longer a person that I know! Take your things and get out of here!"

"No!" Yoojung tackled her for hug. "I'm not leaving. I promised I'm staying no matter what!"

"I don't need you anymore!" Doyeon did the most regretful thing and landed a hard slap on Yoojung's face and pushed her hard, hitting her towards the wall.

Yoojung fell on her knees as Doyeon kept yelling to get out. As Doyeon stopped, she sobbed and ran towards her room, packing things she can only carry and went back to see Doyeon kneeling. 

"Yoojung-ah...I'm so sorry..."

"Promise or no promise. I'm all out of patience, Doyeon." Yoojung sobbed as she held her own face. 

"No... Yoojung-ah...don't leave me -"

*SLAP*

" you, idiot!" Yoojung cussed. "I can't stand being with you for another minute!" She throws her ring at Doyeon and ran away.

Doyeon ranted but seeing the ring, she held it close to her heart as she regrets everything she had done to Yoojung.

But for her, she can't just stand her and let Yoojung go. She wiped her tears away and went to chase Yoojung.

---

Yoojung would've wished she could keep her patience till the end, that not for a single moment did she ever try to leave Doyeon...but that is not what happened.

She ran away. She grew sick of her life with Doyeon. She grew sick of Doyeon, period. She ran and ran, not knowing she ran towards an alley famous for the notorious gangs.

Yoojung bumps into their leader and she ran for her life. The gang was chasing her with bats and knives and she grew scared. She continued to run until she was on a dead end. She was cornered. She panicked.

One of them charged at her. Yoojung found a plank and used it to fight against the member. Another charged at her with a bat as he hits her plank, breaking it into bits. Two charged at Yoojung to pin her down and another aimed his knife at her heart when they heard a gunshot.

Doyeon killed a man with her gun. The gang focused on Doyeon as they fight her. Yoojung cowered as she saw Doyeon getting beat up. Despite of Doyeon's disadvantage in terms of number, she had her skills and fought all of them off. As she got the strong ones, the weak ones made a run for it.

Yoojung looked again to see the gang gone and Doyeon growing limp. She gasped seeing Doyeon's beaten face and a bloody scar by her arm. 

"Yoojung-ah..." Doyeon mumbled before she fainted.

Yoojung gasped and ran but then...she froze. She thought about it. She can't leave Doyeon there, can she?

But if Doyeon didn't come, she wouldn't have lived. Yoojung sighed and decided to help her for saving her life. She dialled someone.

"Hello? Chaeyeon?"

"Yoojung-ah! Where are you guys?" She asked, referring to her and Doyeon. "The rest are already here."

"Can you pick us up here? Doyeon's injured. We're at the street next to the bridge." Yoojung asked.

"Omo-okay! Wait there!" Chaeyeon panicked and hung up.

Yoojung sighed as she places Doyeon's head on her lap as they wait for someone to pick them up.

---

Sejeong picked the girls up and headed towards their villa. Yoojung explained everything on the way until Doyeon was placed on a recliner. Doyeon jolted up but Yoojung pushed her back to sit down. Doyeon sighed and looked away at Yoojung, still a bit angry for leaving.

Mina got some hot water as Yoojung volunteered to mend Doyeon's wounds. The rest of the elites gathered around them, watching the married couple who had their lives twisted. Yoojung undampens the cloth as she watched Doyeon scraped the blood off of her wound.

"Hey, don't do that!" Yoojung yelped as Doyeon growled lightly, causing Yoojung to gasp as the others backed away.

The others watched with curious eyes. Yoojung wanted to pat Doyeon's wound but the tall girl didn't want to as she gets frisky. Yoojung cursed lightly as she reaches for Doyeon's arm.

"Stop moving! Just keep still!" Yoojung yelled as she placed the cloth directly at the wound.

A loud scream elicited from Doyeon. Mina hugged Sohye. Nayoung and Sejeong were chuckling as Kyulkyung and Chungha hugged them. Yeunjung, Somi, and Chaeyeon backed away as Yoojung covered her ears.

"That hurts!!" Doyeon yelled at Yoojung's face.

"If you'd stay put, it wouldn't hurt that much!" Yoojung yelled back.

"Well, if you hadn't run away, none of this would've happened!!" Doyeon yelled as she points at her injuries.

"Well, if you hadn't hurt me, I would've not run away!" Yoojung yelled and looked away.

Doyeon was about to say something when she couldn't think of another comeback. was agape as Nayoung, Sejeong, and Sohye shook their heads.

"Bad." Sohye said.

"You're such a motherer." Nayoung commented.

"That's some bad sense of caring for your wife, Doyeon." Sejeong said.

"Yeah. You know? You two are ed up in this matrimony." Yeunjung batted.

"Shut up." Yoojung and Doyeon said in unison.

"Well, you shouldn't have been so defensive against Soomin." Doyeon mumbled her comeback to Yoojung.

"Defensive?! She insulted you and you think I'll just let it slip?! You know what, that because why would I do that out of love? You haven't done anything for me but treat me harshly. You even had to beat me." Yoojung said, pointing at her gash. "I would've wished you stopped hating me for once and treat me like a decent person. I deserved to be treated well."

Doyeon didn't say anything else and lowered her head. Yoojung sighed and continued to mend her wounds. "Now hold still. This might sting a bit."

Doyeon looked at her but she winced. Somehow, it didn't hurt that much. Doyeon looked at Yoojung who was tenderly patting the wound. 

"By the way, I owe you my life. Thanks for saving me, Doyeon." Yoojung said.

Doyeon looked at Yoojung and she felt that love again. She sighed. No wonder she was dying to save Yoojung. "You're welcome, Yoojung...I had to...because I cannot let my wife get hurt."

The Alphas of the couples cooed. Their Omegas chuckled and pushed their wives out. The trio left as well, giving the two some privacy.

Yoojung didn't want to be left with Doyeon. For Doyeon, she was happy for this. But as she noticed Yoojung finish, she felt worried that Yoojung will leave again.

"Done." Yoojung said as she finished putting the last bandage by her chin. 

"Wait." Doyeon held her hand gently, not wanting to scare Yoojung any further. "Please...don't leave..."

Yoojung didn't want to. But as she felt Doyeon's gentleness, she sighed and stood still. Doyeon went closer and hugged Yoojung from the back.

"Doyeon." Yoojung said her name. "What are you doing to me?"

"Apologies won't fix all this but please...give me a chance." Doyeon said, sniffling. "Let me repay you after everything that I've done." 

"I can't..." Yoojung drove herself away. "Not again."

Doyeon didn't want Yoojung to say that. Somehow, she asks again. "You...you don't want me to...*sniff*...love you??"

"You're going to hurt me." Yoojung sniffled too. "You're going to remember the betrothal and my sick life will start over when I'm with you. Please, Doyeon....let me go."

"I can't!" Doyeon hugged her tight. "Please, Yoojung-ah... don't leave me..."

Yoojung didn't submit this time. She lets go of Doyeon. Doyeon would've forced herself to hold onto Yoojung once more but Yoojung faced her.

"Doyeon-ah." Yoojung called and Doyeon had gone soft. "Even though you didn't let me in, thank you for understanding and for letting me stay."

Doyeon just lowered her head. Yoojung holds her face. It's a first for Doyeon to feel that. For Yoojung, it was her first and last. She lets go for the last time, leaving the room and leaving Doyeon for good.

As Yoojung left, Somi came inside. She saw Doyeon contemplating. Somi sighed and said. "She left, didn't she?"

"Yes." Doyeon nodded as tears fell on her face. "I had to, Som."

"Why, Doyeon?" Somi asked. "Why didn't you see it before? I would've always thought Yoojung was your other half."

"I thought of that too. But...she can't be with me, right? I had to let her go because I didn't love her...like how I love her now."

Somi was shocked. Was she hearing things? Did Doyeon just say that special word. "Doyeon...you..."

"Yeah." Doyeon nodded. "I love Yoojung..."

---

"She did what?!" The rest of the elites gasped as Somi told them. 

"Yeah. Doyeon did what she had to do." Somi said. "Where's Yoojung?"

"Yeunjung came with her," said Chaeyeon. "Oh, man. It was all so close."

"That's peachy." Sohye said. " She learned how to love too late."

"But why would Yoojung stop there?" Mina asked.

"She's gone to her limit. But to be honest, she had her time. Who knew three years of torment ruined her?" Sejeong commented.

Just in time for Sejeong stop, Yeunjung came back with Yoojung. Yoojung was relieved as she smiled at her fellow elites. Doyeon came out afterwards and gathered with them, her eyes averting Yoojung's.

For the elites, it's going to be a different side of life. For Doyeon and Yoojung, it'll be another life without each other.

---

Years hAbe passed. Yoojung had never felt so free. She went to various places, worked wonderfully and even got a place she calls home. She spent some time with her elite squad and she really had fun, even if she would see Doyeon sometimes.

But sometimes, she felt empty, especially on times she would come home and work back at the family business. She also felt some feeling of worry for someone in which she denies. But she's been experiencing it for the past year and when she went back to work in the family business, she asked for the first time in a while.

"How's Doyeon?" 

"She's a wreck." Sohye spoke directly. "She works here at the family business then goes home and contemplate."

"What? What about her job as a model?" Yoojung asked again.

"She quitted the job. Nayoung and Kyulkyung visit her everyday." Sejeong said.

"Huh? Why everyday? What happened?" Yoojung asked again for the third time.

"You wanna know?" Chungha asked and Yoojung nodded hastily. "She has been lost...and not only contemplates but she hurts herself...because she wanted you back."

Yoojung's eyes dilated as she laughs it off. "What are you saying? Doyeon doesn't need me. I'm not the reason for her behavior."

"She does, Yoojung...and admit that you miss her." Sohye said.

Yoojung lowered her head. The three distant cousins sighed for her.

"Look, I know she hurt you before. But now, she's really sorry and she really loves you, Yoojung. She wants you back for God know how long." Sejeong said.

"You might say you have lost your patience but no... you've always had that spot for Doyeon no matter how much you're in denial. I got hints of your questions, Yoojung." Sohye chuckled. "You're worried sick for her now."

"And you know what, Yoojung? Love has no deadline or limits. If you really love someone and are destined to be together, they stay in your heart no matter what, despite the denial and the hurt." Chungha said. "And in your case, you two love each other dearly and no forces are going to stop that because you two are destined for each other."

"You..." Yoojung spoke. "...sure that Doyeon really...loves me and needs me?"

The three nodded. Yoojung gulped and hesitated but somehow, her feet went involuntary as she stood up and went out then riding her car towards her old home.

---

Nayoung and Kyulkyung were tired as they got a tied Doyeon between them and we're sitting in a very messy room.

Doyeon became a wreck loose ever since Yoojung left her. Nayoung found this out first two months after the break-up whereas Kyulkyung found out about a month ago on the present time. According to Nayoung, Doyeon would flip out when she gets home ffrom work for the entire days without Yoojung. The married couple were very worried for Doyeon as much as they her and Yoojung to be together again.

And when Yoojung came to the house, Nayoung and Kyulkyung were relieved as they hug the short girl.

"Nayoung-ah, where's my wife?" Yoojung asked, almost crying. 

"Here at the couch." Nayoung spoke. "But let me take her upstairs so you two can talk. We'll clean up the house." 

"Okay." Yoojung nodded.

---

As Nayoung and Kyulkyung clean up downstairs, Yoojung sat beside a ed up Kim Doyeon. She could see the hurt on the tall girl's body, both mentally and physically. She regrets of leaving her as a hand touched the tall girl's face. Doyeon had her eyes open as she gasps then cries silently as she finally sees the person she's been looking for her whole life.

"Yoojung-ah..." Doyeon's teeth gritted from crying as she held Yoojung's cheeks. 

The short girl lowered her head lightly as she cries harder than Doyeon. But then, she held onto those hands, missing the tall girl so much.

"You...you came back..." Doyeon smiled for the first time in years.

"Of course, I did..." Yoojung wept. "I'm so sorry if I didn't come back soon~"

Yoojung pulled the tall girl up and hugged her tight. Doyeon hugged her back instantly as  she apologized. "I'm so sorry for everything. I should have done all things to you. How could you love a woman who hurts her wife?"

"Don't say it like that. You had your reasons. But that doesn't matter now." Yoojung cried again.

"But what if I hurt you again?" Doyeon asked, scared. 

"You won't." Yoojung cupped Doyeon's face. "I trust you again. You won't leave me and we will always be together."

"I'm so happy right now..." Doyeon cried in utter joy as she caresses Yoojung's face. "...that I get to have to wife my back and to say these words."

Yoojung leaned onto Doyeon's hand as she held onto it. "Doyeon-ah...I won't leave you...and I hope you won't leave me too."

"I won't...and I won't hurt you again." Doyeon hugged Yoojung as she sobbed. "Please...stay with me...I...I love you..."

Yoojung felt the angels dancing on top of her head as her longing for Doyeon to say those words finally came true. Yoojung noticed two rings by Doyeon's finger and Doyeon takes the smaller one off, placing it on Yoojung's ring finger. "I didn't throw it away, hoping you'd come back."

Yoojung could only laugh as she hugged Doyeon tight. Doyeon hugged back, all while kissing her forehead.

"I love you, Yoojung." Doyeon spoke.

"I love you too, Doyeon. I always have and always will." Yoojung said as they shared their first kiss.

And you know what happened after a few years? They were together...until forever...

+++

Done! For the stories I made, this one made me cry. I teared up while writing.

Next one-shot is dedicated to the center of IOI and to my sister who's birthday is almost over. Lovelots from asahdako