A Love to Last (Nayoung • Sohye)

Remember

Characters: Lim Nayoung, Kim Sohye

Requested by: yunkaer

Title: A Love to Last

+++

Sohye was one heck of a baby, both physically and mentally. Here she was at school, watching her unnies ogle of their girlfriends who were playing at the field.

"Isn't Sejeong so hot? Looks at those six packs!" Chungha squealed.

"Kyulkyung too. Look how her fine jawline is making me ogle here!" Chaeyeon squealed too.

Sohye could only munch on her Pepero stick but soon, she spits it as she saw...her...

"Sohye here has joined us." Chungha cooed. "Lim Nayoung's pretty, huh?"

Sohye-ya had a lump on as Chungha said that. Sohye looked to where Sejeong and Kyulkyung were to see the tallest beauty.

Lim Nayoung was a beauty. She admired her so much, especially on how y she was. She said these to Chungha and Chaeyeon, being the closest people she had. Her unnies would tell her to make a move but Sohye had her reasons.

"Aish. on 12 o'clock." Chungha mumbled.

Sohye checked to see Kim Minkyung, one of the best runners and she was actually...

"Don't call girls like that, Chungha-unnie," said Sohye.

"How can I not? I almost lost valedictorian to her," said Chungha.

"And salutatorian to me." Chaeyeon added. "I can't believe that is Lim Nayoung's girlfriend."

"No. They broke up a year ago." Chungha said while munching her dried sweet potatoes.

"Seriously?" Chaeyeon was as shocked as Sohye was. "For what reason?"

"Based on what Sejeong told me, it ended in a sour note. Not much she could give because Nayoung's secretive." Chungha said. "Hear that, Penguin? This is your chance."

Sohye laughed. Chungha and Chaeyeon wondered of this as the Penguin said: "I may admire of her but I'm a decent person, guys. I'll just stick to be in her admirer in a distance."

"But she could like you. Come on, Sohye. You're cute and you're a good person." Chungha commented.

"Really?" Sohye raised an eyebrow. "There may be some truth to that but I'm a er for being a person itself. So...no thanks."

Sohye checked the time as she got her bag and bid her friends goodbye. Before she left, she took one last glance at the tall beauty and went on.

---

Nayoung was sitting with the rest of the athletics team, eating lunch. Sejeong and Kyulkyung were already eating and Minkyung was giggling, texting someone. Two other runners, Yebin and Eunwoo, were wondering of Minkyung's giggling.

"Is Kyungwon texting you again?" Yebin asked.

"Yeah." Minkyung said, putting her phone down. "She's taking me out to dinner tonight."

Eunwoo almost spits her drink. Sejeong and Kyulkyung stopped eating as all of them were shocked of the little revelation... except for Nayoung and Sejeong.

"You're dating Kang Kyungwon of the Glee Club?!" Yebin asked again.

"Yeah." Minkyung said nonchalantly. "Why do you ask like you just found out. I thought Kyulkyung and Sejeong spared some details."

"If you'll excuse me." Nayoung said as she went out for some fresh air.

Nayoung got to the exit when she bumped into someone. Nayoung saw the 'kids of their school'. She looked at the person she bumped into and wondered.

"S-Sorry..." She said.

"My bad." Nayoung answered but somehow she found the person familiar. "Hey...you're Kyulkyung and Sejeong's friend."

"Omo-Sohye!" Another familiar person came to save the timid girl's . "Mind me for Sohye, Nayoung-unnie."

"No problem, Somi. Nice to meet you, Sohye-ya." Nayoung said as she left the kids.

Nayoung stopped by a bench to sit down. She puts a hand on her face as was reminded of the day that ended in a sour note.

°°°

Nayoung and Minkyung were like a match made in Heaven. They were both pretty, tall, and athletes. Everyone always shipped them before they were official. Nayoung had a crush on her first and made moves to win the beautiful girl's heart. With various tries, Minkyung felt the same and they were the official couple.

Nayoung's life was sweet as candy being with Minkyung. They would win tournaments together, excelled in class together, and would go out during the weekends. Nayoung was serious and her love for Minkyung was as serious as taking an exam. 

But some love stories, they die...

And that was a time when Nayoung changed drastically.

She was going to see Minkyung today. She got a gift for her, a ring, and she was planning another day with her. As she got to the field where Minkyung was practicing, she saw a dreadful sight.

Minkyung was there...and she was kissing another woman.

Nayoung froze, dropping her gift. She hid by the benches and cried. She was a fool. She felt used. She gritted her teeth and got angry and stormed to her apartment they shared, packed her stuff and left the place for good.

Now, she and Sejeong were roommates. Sejeong understood Nayoung and they became friends and fellow athletes in the team. Nayoung changed because of Minkyung. She didn't know what love was anymore.

°°°

Nayoung wiped her tears away. She sighed and gasped to find a penguin-themed hanky. She picked it up and she saw a note attached to it. 

Don't cry. Let me wipe those tears away...

Nayoung looked around for the culprit but she didn't see anybody. She looked at the hanky and wiped her tears away. But then, Nayoung cried again...but she wipes the tears using that hanky.

She couldn't tell who the owner of the hanky but she was thankful.

---

The two pairs gasped of Sohye's story. Sejeong and Kyulkyung could admire what Sohye did while the rest thought it was too cute and too daring at the same time.

"You seriously gave her that hanky?!" Chungha gasped.

"And you had to leave a note." Chaeyeon mumbled.

Sohye just nodded. Just then, they heard a whistle. Sohye looked to see the athletes playing volleyball. And she almost flipped out because Nayoung was there.

The unnies cooed as Sohye hid by the table. Sejeong chuckled, patting the penguin girl's head. "Don't be shy. We won't tease you. Watch the game."

Sohye nodded and watched. She wowed of the players, especially Nayoung. The game went on for a few minutes. Nayoung does a wonderful strike, earning them their fifth point.

Sohye wowed. Nayoung huffed and noticed the girl. Sohye noticed her too and hid her face. Nayoung shrugged and continued to play. Sohye peeked, only to be teased by Chungha and Chaeyeon. 

"Aweeeeee~ our little Sohye's blushing~" Chungha cooed.

"I'm not!" Sohye said, although her face was becoming a giant tomato.

The game continued. Sohye huffed and watched again. The game was going smoothly...until the ball came into their direction.

Sohye had her reflexes and bounced the ball back, with Nayoung catching the ball then spiking it. The opposing booed of the tactic but they were shocked of the penguin girl who bounced the ball back like a pro.

"What the was that? That was so cool!" Chungha wowed.

"Did you play volleyball before?" Sejeong asked.

"Yeah. Never thought I still had some skills left." Sohye said.

"You should join the volleyball team!" Kyulkyung suggested.

Sejeong nodded and went to call the team. Sohye gulped as she panicked. Nayoung came closer and the girl almost flipped out.

"Sohye, right?" Nayoung asked and Sohye nodded. "Hey, I'm Nayoung, leader of the athletics team and the volleyball team. I was wondering if you'd agree on joining the volleyball team."

Sohye couldn't get away now. As she nodded, she gambled her life in getting closer to her crush.

---

Practices for Sohye are almost too easy to do. The girl played before so every game was like stealing candy from a baby. Even though Nayoung was there, she couldn't help her feelings yet her fear still prevailed.

"Okay, everyone. Let's wrap it up." Nayoung clapped as she signalled that the practices were over. 

Everyone went to the shower rooms. Nayoung was about to go when she saw Sohye stay and do some ball control. 

"Sohye-ssi." Nayoung called and Sohye was shocked that she hits her head.

Nayoung went agile as she went closer and caught the girl before she could fall. Sohye was frantically cheering inside her conscience. She never thought  Nayoung looked pretty at close proximity that she felt her heart was going to pump out of her chest.

But as the tall girl pulled her up, Sohye gulped as she lowers her head again. She gets the ball and ran towards the shower room. 

Nayoung thought the kid was rancid. But somehow, she chuckled, finding the penguin girl adorable.

---

Sohye was at the same spot, doing homework. She was scribbling onto her notebook when she heard a groan. She looked to see her team captain all down on the dumps.

She made her motion to come closer and kept her company. "Hey, Cap. You look down."

Nayoung looked up to see the newbie. Weird. Nayoung would've thought this kid was timid she was afraid of saying a word. "Sohye, what are you doing here?"

"Just worried for you, Cap." Sohye said. "You look...sad."

"It's nothing. You need to go back and do homework." Nayoung said.

Sohye just nodded. Before Nayoung could leave, she gave Sohye a pat. Sohye gulped of that touch. She looked up again and saw Nayoung walking. She held her chest and blushed lightly.

Would she be able to stay quiet or would she be able to confess?

---

Nayoung was finished with her team in practicing. She was also finished in showering, going back to see Sohye still doing her ball control.

She wondered of this kid. How could she still have energy? "Sohye-ssi!"

And there she goes, getting hit by the ball again. "Y-Yes, Cap?"

Nayoung sighed, getting the ball away from Sohye's grasp. "It's late. Shower and go home."

Sohye couldn't argue so she nodded. She excused herself to rest and shower when Nayoung held her arm before she could go any further.

Sohye gulped, feeling her heart beat again. She felt being turned around as Nayoung placed a hanky on her head. Sohye closed he eyes tight as she felt Nayoung wipe her whole face. 

"There. Now go and shower." Nayoung said, plastering a little smile.

Sohye nodded, watching the captain leave the court. Sohye looked at the hanky. It was grey and stone-themed. Sohye blushed hard as she also smelt Nayoung's fresh perfume.

She held onto the hanky and squealed lightly. She huffed, trying to focus as she went to the shower room.

---

Nayoung was alone at the corridor. She looked down, holding onto the penguin-themed hanky she found by the bench. Somehow, whenever she had that hanky, she felt happy. She wondered of the mysterious angel who witnessed her pain as she wanted to know who.

"Someone's daydreaming." Nayoung looked to see Sejeong. "What are you thinking about?"

"The owner of this." Nayoung said, showing the hanky. "I don't know...it came to me that I wanted to get to know the owner of this thing."

"Have your tried looking?" Sejeong asked.

"No clue." Nayoung mumbled. "But let me tell you something."

"What is it?" Sejeong asked. 

"I have this strange feeling...that the person I'm looking for looks like Sohye." Nayoung mumbled again.

Sejeong laughed at that. Nayoung wondered as Sejeong looked at her as she smirked. "Would it be absolutely ludicrous...if the person you're looking for is actually Sohye?"

Nayoung gasped. She looked at the hanky and somehow, pictures of Kim Sohye were flashing on her mind.

She didn't have a on the girl. She thought she was weird and timid. But no. Somehow, she was experiencing such events in which she couldn't help but admire Sohye. All those trainings were really nice and whenever Sohye would stay for a bit, she would always watch her.

"Could it be..." Nayoung mumbled as she held her chest.

"Why don't you try and find out?" Sejeong said as she left Nayoung.

Nayoung never thought she felt love like this again. She swore not to. But she heart and mind was yearning for Sohye little by little. And with that, she got the hanky and ran.

---

Sohye was walking to get some Pepero. As she saw the vending machine, she also saw Nayoung. She froze. "Cap?"

"Sohye-ya." Nayoung spoke.

Sohye gulped as Nayoung ran towards her and they face each other. Nayoung huffed as she showed the hanky to Sohye. "We're you the one, the one who saw me cry? Is this your hanky?"

Sohye couldn't get away. She nodded and the next thing she knew, arms wrapped around her. Sohye was blushing hard, her emotions going all dismantled and disorganized. Nayoung broke from the hug as she took a good look at the girl.

"Why?" Nayoung asked. "Why did you..."

"Well...someone like you doesn't deserve to cry on someone who ditched you." Sohye said. "Sejeong-unnie shared it to me. Also, I didn't want to see you cry...because I care for you."

"Sohye..."

"I like you." Sohye finally said those hidden words. 

Sohye gasped of what she said as she flipped out and lowered her head. She felt a hand by her head and felt Nayoung's hand by her cheek. 

"You know...I didn't have a fond of you before but with the practices and the hanky, I couldn't get over you." Nayoung said, looking intently at Sohye's eyes.

Sohye gulped. Nayoung chuckled, telling not to as she inched closer.

"Nayoung?"

Nayoung looked to the side to see Minkyung, crying. Nayoung wondered as Minkyung tackled her for a hug. Sohye lowered her head, backing away.

"Minkyung...what are you..."

"I want you back." Minkyung sniffled. "Kyungwon broke up with me."

Nayoung would've fallen for it. She still had that spot for Minkyung. But no. She can't do this. She pushed herself away from Minkyung and went to hold Sohye close to her.

"You should've thought of the sooner before you cheated on me." Nayoung said. "And we can't be together again. I have Sohye now."

Sohye was still shocked as she followed Nayoung.

"What was that?" She asked.

"Mind that...because from now on, you're mine." Nayoung said.

And just like the timid baby she was, Sohye couldn't believe this. Who knew her admiration towards the tall woman led to an instant relationship with her? A love to last indeed...

+++

I apologize for the story. I had to finish it quick.