No Pressure (Chaeyeon • Kyulkyung)

Remember

Characters: Jung Chaeyeon, Joo Kyulkyung

Requested by: Buning2004

Title: No Pressure

+++

It was a summer day in the park. A nine-year old was watching her classmates playing tag. She was articulate with her physical self that she doesn't engage on strenuous activities. For her, she finds them unlawful and too frisky.

"Chaeyeon!" An ten year-old Sejeong motions her to join them.

Chaeyeon shook her head. Sejeong lets her be as she plays with the other kids. Chaeyeon also saw Heehyun, Eunwoo, Suhyun, Hyeri, Chaekyung, Chungha, and Sohee, playing around with Sejeong. Suhyun would call her to play but Chaeyeon declined again.

"You're not playing?"

Chaeyeon looked to see a Chinese girl. Chaeyeon wondered as she asked her. "You talkin to me?"

"Yes." The Chinese girl nodded. "Hello. I'm Jieqiong. Nice to meet you."

Chaeyeon smiled and shook back. "Nice to meet you too. I'm Jung Chaeyeon."

---

"Chaeyeonnie~~!!"

Chaeyeon groaned and got up, seeing her best friend, Jieqiong. Chaeyeon sighed as she asks her of the sudden alarm. 

"Minghao's in the field. My baby Minghao's playing!" Jieqiong squealed.

"Aish. Just go ahead and let me sleep!" Chaeyeon yelped and laid back down.

"Aw, come with me, Chaeyeonnie! Please?" Jieqiong asked cutely.

Chaeyeon couldn't do anything to stop her as she decided to come with her to the field.

---

Their soccer team was playing in the field. Chaeyeon cringed of the many girls who were watching and squealing. What's worse was that Jieqiong was like those girls that she could only sigh.

Recently, Jieqiong had been into soccer. She loved watching the game and ogled of the guys who were part of the team. She saw a guy on that team score a goal. He was the forward and captain, a member in which all girls admired... except for Chaeyeon.

"Isn't Minghao so handsome?" One of them asked.

"Yeah! He's gorgeous." Another one squealed.

Chaeyeon didn't want to hear it. She could just watch the view of the school and watch Jieqiong cheer loudly.

Chaeyeon couldn't help herself in admiring her fellow junior high student, roommate, and best friend. They've known each other for five years. Their parents became close friends as much as they were and they were like peanut butter and jelly between good old bread, so close and their friendship all so good.

But lately, she admired Jieqiong more than a best friend. It was so gay but she couldn't help it. She loved the way Jieqiong smiled and how pretty she was, ever her bright personality. But like some friendships, it was a thing she can never break so she had to have low hopes on being Jieqiong's one and only.

The game was over. Jieqiong loved the game as she nudges Chaeyeon back to reality.

"Huh? Is it done?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Yeah...and you daze off like usual." Jieqiong answered.

"Really? My bad." Chaeyeon mumbled.

"Okay. Let's go to the cafeteria and eat!" Jieqiong cheered. 

Chaeyeon nodded. Jieqiong held her hand and they race to the cafeteria.

---

Chaeyeon was contemplating about Jieqiong again. She wondered what if she did give the confession a shot. She thought of what to say and how to approach Jieqiong when she felt someone sitting next to her.

"Dazed again, huh?" It was Heehyun. "You've been into love stories instead of textbooks. Change of taste?"

Heehyun was Chaeyeon's second best friend. The latter was the total opposite of her but she liked Heehyun because she was a nice person hidden in all that ball of agression.

"Well, I've been admiring someone lately." Chaeyeon said.

"Jieqiong, right?" Heehyun chuckled.

Chaeyeon covers to shush her. The girl laughed silently and gave a look of certainty.

"Yeah. But keep it down!" Chaeyeon yelped.

"Mind me. So... what's the stat this time?" Heehyun asked.

"I want to confess to her...but I don't know where to start." Chaeyeon began.

"And you think reading live stories would help you? This is the reality, Chaeyeon. Love in books are way too different in the real world. If you do have questions, ask Suhyun." Heehyun suggested.

"Not the dork." Chaeyeon sighed.

Lee Suhyun was the dorkiest of the circle of friends. Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung would ask advice from her of love and she's good with it. But the problem? Her dorky side that led to mischief. And if Jung Eunwoo joined, the world would end quickly thanks to them.

"Suhyun's good with like that. Just ask her."

---

"What wrong with Asian peeps?" 

"Hey, baby...where have you been?" Suhyun greeted an angry Lee Haein.

"YOU LEFT ME IN A GODDAMN MCDONALD'S AND I WASN'T LOVIN IT!" Haein yelled, slapping Suhyun with her tote bag.

Chaeyeon and Heehyun got inside the classroom. Suhyun greeted her friends. Haein greeted her juniors and slapped Suhyun's arm again.

"Did we disturb you guys?" Heehyun asked.

"No. It's fine." Haein said. "Suhyun may be good at love advice but to be honest, she's irresponsible with our relationship."

"I am." Suhyun said. "Okay. Spit it out."

"Suhyun, I need your advice. I'm crushing on Jieqiong."

Haein and Suhyun gasped. Heehyun goes out the classroom for some fresh air as Chaeyeon sat next to the couple. "Suhyun, Haein-unnie. I need some help."

"Tell her." Haein said instantly. "The only thing you can do is tell her how you feel."

"It's going to break our bond. We're the bestest of friends." Chaeyeon batted.

"My girlfriend has a point. You can only tell her. But let me give you some tips..." Suhyun gathers the two. "Don't rush on it to avoid a tension. Try to give hints slowly and confess."

"Wow. Easier said than done." Chaeyeon remarked.

"It's the best option." Suhyun said.

Chaeyeon nodded, taking the advice. She thanked the couple and went outside to see Heehyun waiting.

"So?"

"I just have to confess." Chaeyeon answered.

"Wow. Easier said that done." Heehyun chuckled.

"You could say that again." Chaeyeon mumbled as they walked back to their dorm.

---

Chaeyeon got inside their room and saw Jieqiong squealing hard. Chaeyeon sighed and decided to use this time to confess.

"Hey, Jieqiong. Did you eat already?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Hi, Chaeyeonnie!" Jieqiong got up and hugged her. "I did. I spared you some chicken."

Chaeyeon thanked her and went to eat. 

*minutes later*

Chaeyeon went to her bed. She was lying down and she still noticed Jieqiong squealing. Chaeyeon wondered as she thought of confessing.

"Jieqiong?" Chaeyeon called.

"Yeah?" She responded.

"I have something to say to you." Chaeyeon said.

"I have something to say too. Can I go first?" Jieqiong asked Chaeyeon nodded.

Jieqiong motioned Chaeyeon to come closer. Chaeyeon got up and sat next to Jieqiong. Jieqiong held Chaeyeon's hand and leaned onto her shoulder. Chaeyeon gulped, her heart beating frantically.

"Chaeyeonie...I have a big crush on Minghao." Jieqiong said.

Chaeyeon's heart broke inside. She sighed. She lost this one. "Ah really?"

"Yeah. And you know, he talked to me after seeing his game a while ago." Jieqiong said.

"You watched a game without me?" Chaeyeon asked.

"I had Eunwoo to come with me. I didn't want to disturb you." Jieqiong chuckled.

"You should've asked me. I'd come, you know?!" Chaeyeon batted.

"Sorry..." Jieqiong apologized.

"Nevermind." Chaeyeon sighed.

"And guess what?" Jieqiong asked, hugging Chaeyeon. 

"What?" Chaeyeon asked.

"He asked me out." 

Chaeyeon nodded but deep down, she was hurt. She sighed and regained composure. "That's...nice..."

"I want the date to be special. You see, my crush on him had gone to an extent...I like him so much." Jieqiong shared.

"Okay. And then what?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Can you help me win him?" Jieqiong asked. "I really like him and...I want you to help me so that I can be his girlfriend. Please?"

"Pass. Let Suhyun help you." Chaeyeon sighed and went to her bed.

"Aww, Chaeyeonnie~ Please~" Jieqiong pouted as she pounced on her best friend.

Chaeyeon was in defeat as she agreed. Jieqiong cheered and she hugged Chaeyeon close to her.

Chaeyeon's heart was torn she could almost cry. It stings. She never thought liking someone who likes another could be so painful.

"Chaeyeonnie...thank you. You're the best. I don't know what I'd do without you." Jieqiong mumbled.

Chaeyeon sighed, nodding. She scoots away when Jieqiong cuddled up to her. "Can we sleep beside each other?"

Chaeyeon nodded and Jieqiong sleeps peacefully on her arms. Chaeyeon looked down, finding her best friend so cute and so peaceful. She fixes her hair and decided to sleep.

It pained her. But if it means to make Jieqiong happy, she's willing to do whatever it takes to help her.

---

"What?! She likes Minghao?!!"

Chaeyeon shared her pain to Suhyun and Heehyun and they were sorry for her. Chaeyeon said it was fine and she was thankful for their presence inside the birthday store.

"Tell us why we're here." Suhyun said.

"I need your recommendation for a mascot for a date." Chaeyeon said.

"What?!" Heehyun flipped out. "Is this for Jieqiong's date with Minghao?!"

"Yeah. She wanted help. She wanted to surprise Minghao with a cute mascot. And yeah? I'm the ING person behind the forsaken costume." Chaeyeon said.

"You should've declined. The girl has no decency with your feelings." Heehyun batted.

"I'd do the same if I were in Chaeyeon's shoes like hello-how could you not help your best friend?" Suhyun said. "I'd go with that wild cat in a soccer's uniform."

"Nice." Chaeyeon approved. "Thanks, Suhyun."

"No pressure." Suhyun grinned. 

---

Minghao and Jieqiong were in their little date, enjoying each other's company. Jieqiong let's Minghao stay for a bit and surprised him with a mascot.

Minghao loved it and thanked Jieqiong for the little surprise. Jieqiong and him got back to Jieqiong's apartment as Minghao bid goodbye to her.

Jieqiong got in the room and squealed. She was so happy for their date. She was rolling on her bed when the door opened with Chaeyeon carrying a heavy bag.

"The date was so great!" Jieqiong squealed. "I owe you so much, Chaeyeon. Thanks for whipping up a good mascot."

"No pressure." Chaeyeon huffed as she wiped beads of sweat. "The mascot's humid and heavy. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow."

Jieqiong went closer to Chaeyeon and wiped off of her sweat. Chaeyeon froze as she lets Jieqiong wipe. She even felt Jieqiong fix her hair, tying it into a bun. 

"Thank you." Chaeyeon said.

"No pressure. Thank you for doing the surprise, Chaeyeon." Jieqiong said as she hugged her. "You're the best."

Chaeyeon smiled lightly and hugged her back. She might be hurt but Jieqiong was happy. If Jieqiong's happy, she's happy.

---

"Doing another surprise?"

"Yeah." Chaeyeon said, spraying the old wall. "Jieqiong asked for a mural for Minghao. I got Yeunjung and her friends to help me."

"That's ing weird, Chae." Heehyun chuckled. "Jieqiong should do it, not you. And besides, Minghao's the guy so he should surprise Jieqiong, not the other way around."

"But that's not the custom. Here in our country, it's us who gives guys gifts." Suhyun remarked.

"Yeah, yeah..." Chaeyeon shrugged it off and continued working.

Heehyun and Suhyun pitied Chaeyeon. They sighed and decided to help her to get the job done quickly.

---

The mural was done. As Jieqiong arrived, Chaeyeon just gave her a thumbs-up before leaving. Jieqiong thanked her and whipped up the surprise for Minghao.

Minghao loved it and knelt on one knee. "Jieqiong-ah, will you be my girlfriend?"

How could Jieqiong say no? She nodded and they shared their hugs. She can't wait to share this to Chaeyeon.

---

Chaeyeon was wincing as Heehyun and Suhyun patch up her sore muscles. The two scolded Chaeyeon for doing for Jieqiong but Chaeyeon slips it off, saying that she wanted to help her best friend.

"He said yes!!" Jieqiong emerged from the door and cheered.

The two saw the look of Chaeyeon. Jieqiong greeted the two and Chaeyeon and went to her side of the room.

"We'll be leaving, Chae." Heehyun said. "Take care. And congratulations, Jieqiong."

Jieqiong nodded and waved goodbye. Chaeyeon sighed and laid to bed slowly. Jieqiong wondered of her best friend as she went to check on her when Chaeyeon faced her.

"If you're worried of me, don't. I'm fine. Congratulations on your relationship with Minghao."

"Chaeyeonnie..."

"Good night." Chaeyeon said and slept.

But hidden beyond the blanket was a crying Chaeyeon. She sniffled silently, not wanting to worry her best friend even more. She was in pain. They were official. How could she move on when she loves her best friend? She lost to a guy. She could only sigh and go to sleep.

She prays she'll get over it soon enough.

---

Two years have passed. Minghao and Jieqiong were still in a relationship. Chaeyeon? She was still the martyr thst helped Jieqiong in their dates. Chaeyeon would've stopped. Her friends grew worried for her. Seeing them together hurts her yet she still did it for her best friend.

As of this day, Chaeyeon whipped up a cake for the two ing lovebirds. She got help for the Home Economics team and she was grateful. She got the cake ready and went back to their dorm to freeze it when she saw something. She gasped.

It was Minghao...and she was kissing another woman.

"What the..." Chaeyeon mumbled, her blood beginning to boil.

She would've thrown the cake away in frustration but she groaned. She ran towards the dorm. She was eager to let Jieqiong know.

---

Chaeyeon got to the room, seeing Jieqiong excited for their date. She was prancing with a nice dress. Chaeyeon sighed, thinking of a disappointed Jieqiong. She would get mad st her for saying such an accusation. But it's not. She saw it with her own eyes and she can't let the jerk hurt her best friend. Jieqiong had to know.

"You're here!" She smiled, getting the cake, popping it in the fridge. 

"Jieqiong. I need to say something-"

"Which dress should I wear?" Jieqiong asked.

"Left." Chaeyeon mumbled. "Hey, I have something to say -"

"I'm so excited for today! Today's our third anniversary and I'm going to make this the best!" Jieqiong cheered.

"Yah, Zhou Jieqiong! I saw Minghao with another girl and they're kissing!"

Jieqiong dropped the dress. Chaeyeon would've been the soft-hearted girl but she had to root that fact on her best friend's head.

"What are you talking about?" Jieqiong faced her. "Minghao dates me and nobody else!"

"Well guess what? I saw him by the veranda, kissing Kim Minkyung, the prettiest girl on campus-"

"Shut up." Jieqiong said, getting mad. "Why are you getting into this? Are you doing this to stop our relationship? Are you jealous of us?"

" you. Now why would I feel that way?" Chaeyeon cussed. "I'm telling the truth."

"Minghao kissing another woman?" Jieqiong snickered. "I don't believe you."

Heehyun and Suhyun interrupted them as they opened the door. Suhyun was panicking as she whispered something to Chaeyeon.

"You saw too?" Chaeyeon asked and Suhyun nodded.

"Yah, Zhou Jieqiong! You're not believing your best friend, huh?!" Heehyun grew crossed. "She's telling the truth."

"You're teaming up on me, huh? You too, Chaeyeon? Minghao would never do that." Jieqiong said.

" this . We're out." Heehyun sighed, pulling Suhyun and Chaeyeon. "Come on, Chaeyeon. Let's-"

"Guys...I'm just blind." Chaeyeon said. "I must've mistaken."

"You're not lying, Chaeyeon!" Suhyun defended. "I even got Yeunjung to investigate the matter."

"Stop, okay? Just go. I'll take care of everything." Chaeyeon said. 

Suhyun kept on defending her and Heehyun lets her be, pulling Suhyun out. Chaeyeon huffed and watched Jieqiong get a call.

"Yes, baby?" Chaeyeon sighed for it was Minghao calling her.

Jieqiong-ah...can I meet you right now?

"Right now?" Jieqiong asked.

Yes.

"Okay. I'll be there ins a jiffy. Bye." Jieqiong answered and hung up.

Jieqiong took some time. She had second thoughts. Was Chaeyeon telling the truth? She sighed and looked at her best friend, sitting by her bed. 

"Chaeyeonnie..."

"He called? You should get changed and get going. I'll take care of everything." Chaeyeon said.

Jieqiong didn't like that tone. She apologized for yelling at her but Chaeyeon shrugged it off and left the room.

As she walked, her heart was tearing apart. Chaeyeon slumped by the balcony and lets her tears flow.

She couldn't take it anymore. It was about time she stopped caring and just let it go.

---

Jieqiong got a text from Minghao to where they will meet and she got there. Minghao smiled seeing her as he kisses her cheek. "Hi, babe."

"Hey." Jieqiong replied as she sat down. "You're excited, right? I got reservations at the restaurant. Shall we go?"

Minghao couldn't look at her. Jieqiong wondered of her boyfriend's behavior as she asked what's wrong and if he was okay.

"Listen..." Minghao sighed. "...I'm in love with someone else."

Jieqiong's heart carried a massive load as it gets heavy with those words. Minghao sighed again ashe spoke. "Minkyung and I-"

"Minkyung? Kim Minkyung, the most popular girl in school?" Jieqiong asked, getting crossed. "Minghao, she's what?! She's just a beautiful girl but she's dumb!"

"She's beautiful than any girl! She's rich too. She's focused on business and she's driven." Minghao said.

"So...what Chaeyeon said was true. You kissed her in the veranda, didn't you?!" Jieqiong asked, her blood boiling.

"Yes." Minghao nodded.

*SLAP*

"After all I did for you, this is how you repay me?!" Jieqiong yelled.

"Jieqiong..." Minghao was apologetic yet Jieqiong slaps him again.

" this. We're breaking up!" Jieqiong takes off her ring and left the restaurant.

---

Chaeyeon got the cake and found the table reserved by Jieqiong. She checked the time. It was already late. Where could Jieqiong be?

Chaeyeon checked the place and gasped, seeing Jieqiong on the pool. She rushed towards her and asked her.

"Yah, Zhou Jieqiong! What happened?!"

"You were right..." Jieqiong sniffled. "He...he likes someone else...and they kissed..."

"Jieqiong...*sigh*...come on, let's get you out of here-"

Jieqiong pushed her away. Chaeyeon hisses and swam towards her. Jieqiong pulled a hamstring and she almost drowned but Chaeyeon got her to safety. 

Chaeyeon pulls her up and she followed. "What happened?"

"We broke up." Jieqiong sighed in frustration. "You can invite Heehyun and Suhyun to eat the meals and this ing cake."

Jieqiong stormed off. Chaeyeon sighed and just lets her have some space and time to think. She called the two.

"Hey! Come here for some meals and cake! My treat! And bring me some clothes!"

---

Chaeyeon was with Heehyun and Suhyun in a symposium of disaster awareness. The three listened to the firefighter as Jieqiong disrupted the scene and took off the fire with an extinguisher.

"You need to get close and kill the fire immediately to minimize the casualties." Jieqiong said.

"Yah. Chaeyeon. The break-up took a toll on her. You need to get her under control." The coordinator spoke.

"Yes, sir." Chaeyeon nodded.

---

Jieqiong's life took a big toll because of the break-up. She didn't do her responsibilities and would sulk and drink. Chaeyeon had to be liable of her best friend as she went to explain and humiliate herself for Jieqiong's sake. 

Heehyun and the rest of her friends were there to help. They even took pity of Chaeyeon for being liable of Jieqiong. They told her to just leave her but Chaeyeon didn't want to.

"I can't, guys. She needs me more than ever."

---

Chaeyeon went to drink with Jieqiong. Jieqiong was too drunk and she flirted with other guys. She triggered one of the girls for flirting with the girl's boyfriend, resulting in a fight. Chaeyeon cussed, slapping her best friend's head for being stupid as she pulled her and took her back to their dorm.

On the way, Chaeyeon cursed as she carried Jieqiong towards her bed and fixed her. Chaeyeon would've thought this is torture. Maybe Heehyun was right. She should've just left her to cry.

"Gosh, Jieqiong. I can't believe I'm about to be like one of those robots. I'm now a best friend, a sister, a mother, even a chaperone. Jeez..." Chaeyeon took care of her as she went to her own bed.

"Maybe we should date. Maybe I should choose you." Jieqiong mumbled.

Chaeyeon froze. She sighed and got up to look at Jieqiong. She found her friend so helpless and asleep. Chaeyeon went even closer, grabbing a stool and sat next to her. She runs a hand through her face and hair.

"You're right. Maybe we should be together. Me? I won't let anyone hurt you. I won't replace you...and I won't leave you." Chaeyeon tears up. "Jieqiong? Even if we were best friends, I hoped you'd see me as a potential lover. Why? Because I only see you as mine."

Chaeyeon sobs. She wipes her tears off as she felt all the pain she's been through. "Yah, Zhou Jieqiong. I wish we're the ones together. Jieqiong, be mine...please just be mine..."

---

Chaeyeon was with Jieqiong again as they drove from the bar. Chaeyeon volunteered to drive because Jieqiong was drunk again.

"Chaeyeonnie! Let's go for some coffee!" Jieqiong whined. 

"We're not. We're going back. You're ing drunk." Chaeyeon hissed.

"I'm not! Come on! We're having fun." Jieqiong whined.

Chaeyeon ignored her pleas as they stop at a red light. Chaeyeon waited. Jieqiong saw the other side and saw Minghao. She got down and knocked on the glass. "Minghao..."

She then saw Minkyung on the other seat. She grew pissed and slammed the car. "Get off the ing car!!"

Minkyung got off first as Minghao calms her down. Chaeyeon got off and calmed Jieqiong down. 

"Minghao, what it this?!"

"Please...let me handle it." Minghao said then faced her. "What's your problem, Jieqiong?!"

"Minghao... Minghao, let's talk..." Jieqiong pleaded.

"This is one of the goddamn reasons why I broke up with you, Jieqiong. Look at yourself. You look like a little girl. You need a babysitter, not a boyfriend." Minghao said.

"Come on. Let's go." Chaeyeon pulled her off.

Jieqiong shoved herself off and went closer when Minkyung faced her. Chaeyeon was pissed of this bull that she pulled Jieqiong off and pushed her inside the car. 

Minghao sped off and Jieqiong cried out his name. Chaeyeon grew pissed and drove back. And also, Jieqiong had to rage herself at Chaeyeon.

"Take me to the ing mural!" Jieqiong yelled.

Chaeyeon would've declined but her wee heart was too soft as she obeyed. As they got there, Jieqiong went to punch and kick the mural. Chaeyeon stops her and they struggled like people in a stampede, falling over like broken pieces of glass.

Jieqiong crouched and cried. Chaeyeon was getting angry as she scolds her.

"That's enough! You think breaking this ing wall will bring you and Minghao back?! Even you crouch and humiliate yourself in the middle of that road, Minghao won't come back to you! He doesn't love you anymore! I ing pray you get that in your ing head!"

"SHUT THE UP!" Jieqiong yelled in front of Chaeyeon's face. "What the ! What do you care?! Are you the one humiliating yourself?! Are you the one getting left out?! Of course not! I'm the one humiliating myself and I'm the one left out!" She points at herself. "You are so nosy! Every move and note I make, you know and watch over. If you're tired of all this bull, just get out of my life. I don't need you! I don't need you with me!!"

Jieqiong went to the car and cried like a helpless child. Chaeyeon broke a fuse on her patience as it wears off completely.

"Why are you so blind, Jieqiong? You want me to leave?! You want me gone in your life?! Why not?! If I did decide to leave you, I would've done it the moment I sat foot on that school...but I can't do it!" Chaeyeon yelled, also crying. "I ing can't!!"

Jieqiong sniffled and looked up at Chaeyeon. Never in her life was Chaeyeon crossed with her. It was a first. 

"You know, Heehyun and Suhyun were right about me. I'm the martyr in our friendship. I would slap myself to wake myself in this hell of reality just to make myself realize and stop myself from getting into this madness caused by you. I would slap myself to stop all this bull!" Chaeyeon huffed.

"I would tell myself to stop but it's useless! One text from you and I'm there for you. You know I can't bear to worry you, even I can't stand one moment of you worrying about the next meal or the next class. The girls said I was so stupid...I was dumb...I was an idiot. How long should I stay dumb for your sake?!" She added as Jieqiong stood up.

"But that's life right. Those who love have to stay dumb. That's why I'm the ing idiot who loves you so much!" Chaeyeon went closer and slapped Jieqiong's face. "I ing love you, you piece of !"

Chaeyeon pulled her inside as they got in. Chaeyeon huffed and drove them back.

---

The next day, Jieqiong woke up. She looked the other side and saw the other bed all empty. Jieqiong sighed and decided to get ready for another day in school.

*later*

Jieqiong was looking for a table. She saw Chaeyeon with Heehyun and Suhyun and decided to sit there. As she did, the two looked at her intently. Chaeyeon? She didn't spare a glance.

"H-Hi, Jieqiong." Suhyun greeted.

"Hi, Suhyun, Heehyun." Jieqiong greeted. "Good noon, Chaeyeonnie."

Chaeyeon just hummed and shoved rice on . Jieqiong would've giggled because Chaeyeon look so cute but she knew Chaeyeon was still mad at her so she couldn't express much.

The lunch was awkward. Suhyun felt like she was going to drown and Heehyun thought she was going insane. Chaeyeon just ate quietly and Jieqiong couldn't help but look at her best friend.

Chaeyeon choked on her food. Jieqiong rushed to get some water as she gave her some. "Here."

Chaeyeon drank and sighed in relief but goes back to ice mode as she thanked Jieqiong with the coldest voice she had. The bell rang. Heehyun and Suhyun got their trays disposed as Chaeyeon was about to dispose hers when Jieqiong grabbed it. "Let me do that for you."

Chaeyeon just lets her do it. She waited for her and Jieqiong came back, holding her hand. "Let's go?"

Chaeyeon nodded as she and Jieqiong went together. Jieqiong held Chaeyeon's arm. Chaeyeon just sighed.

She can't cling onto her dream anymore. Not this time...

---

Jieqiong had made Chaeyeon's friends disapprove of her. Jieqiong would stop by Chaeyeon's classroom to see her. Ever since the break-up, Jieqiong stopped by everyday to see her best friend.

"What are you doing here again, Jieqiong?" Hyeri spoke. "Buzz off. Chaeyeon's busy." 

"I need to see her. Please, can I come in?" Jieqiong pleaded.

"Make way." Chaeyeon shoves the midget off. "It's okay, Hyeri."

Hyeri huffed and went back. Chaeyeon faces Jieqiong as the Chinese girl hugged her. "Hi."

"Hey." Chaeyeon greeted. "What's your business here?"

"I was wondering if you want to come with me to the mall. Will you come with me later?" Jieqiong asked.

"I'll pass. I have homework to do." Chaeyeon answered.

"O-Okay..." Jieqiong answered sadly. "I'm sorry to bother you."

"You didn't." Chaeyeon said. "Go back to your class now."

Chaeyeon leaves her outside. Jieqiong walked back as she cries. Chaeyeon was never the same after the incident. All of the mess was hers. She was ed up. She lost a boyfriend...and slowly, she was losing her best friend.

Jieqiong got to her room, skipping classes. She laid down and cried. "Chaeyeonnie...I'm so sorry. *sniff*...I miss you...I need you..."

Jieqiong sobbed. What is she going to do now?

---

Chaeyeon was at the library, studying. She was reading a good old book when she felt her phone vibrate.  Chaeyeon sighed and answered her call.

"Hello?"

Chaeyeon-unnie. It's Yebin from the Music Club. I was wondering if you know where Jieqiong is.

"I thought she attended her classes." Chaeyeon said.

That's what I was afraid of. She didn't attend her classes and I couldn't see her anywhere. I even checked the music room.

"She must be at the dorm. I'll inform her." Chaeyeon said.

Okay. See you, unnie.

Chaeyeon puts her phone down and was pissed. She got up and rushed towards the dorm, hoping Jieqiong was just in their room.

---

Chaeyeon got to their room and saw Jieqiong moping. She even heard her stomach rumble. Chaeyeon sighed and went closer to her.

"Jieqiong, what are you sulking about this time?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Chaeyeonnie..." Jieqiong tackled her for a tight hug.

Chaeyeon looked down as Jieqiong wept in her arms. Chaeyeon sighed and hugged her. She helped her up and lets her rest. "Stay here. I'll cook something for you."

---

Jieqiong ate hastily as Chaeyeon watched her while munching some greens. Chaeyeon thought Jieqiong looked like a sad Gollum...but cute. In general, she was worried for her.

"Why didn't you attend your classes?" Chaeyeon asked.

"I was moping...again." Jieqiong answered.

Jieqiong finished eating, letting out a cute burp. Chaeyeon wiped Jieqiong's chin which had excess food and fixed the table for her. Chaeyeon lets Jieqiong go ahead and fix herself as she went to wash dishes, clean the table, and also showered and got ready for bed.

Chaeyeon got to her side of the room when she saw Jieqiong looking at her intently.

"What now?" She asked.

"Can you sleep beside me? Please?" Jieqiong asked.

Chaeyeon shook her head. But seeing Jieqiong's pitiful look, she nodded and went towards Jieqiong. Jieqiong pulls her down lightly, causing Chaeyeon to gasp, her heart beating frantically again. She watched as Jieqiong cuddled closer to her, her head leaning on her shoulder as she falls asleep.

Chaeyeon felt all her hidden emotions releasing themselves. No matter how mad she got at Jieqiong, she never stopped caring. And even if Jieqiong was ed up because of living someone else, Chaeyeon never stopped loving her. Chaeyeon could only sigh of her martyrdom and decided to sleep as well.

---

Jieqiong wakes up in the middle of the night because of a nightmare. She clung onto Chaeyeon and the girl wakes up.

"Yah...what is it? Why are you up so early?" Chaeyeon mumbled.

"Sorry." Jieqiong mumbled back. "Go back to sleep."

Chaeyeon nodded and slept again. Jieqiong smiles lightly, fixing Chaeyeon's locks. As her hand made contact with Chaeyeon's cheek, she froze.

Her heart was beating fast and she felt her face heat up. She may have liked someone else but to completely honest, she was falling for Chaeyeon bit by bit.

She face-palmed her conscience. How could she not see Chaeyeon sooner? How could she replace her heart for a guy wherein she had Chaeyeon? Chaeyeon was always there. Chaeyeon didn't hurt her... Chaeyeon never took her for granted...and Chaeyeon never left her renounced the world. She looked at her sleeping best friend and held her face.

"Chaeyeonnie...I'm so sorry for being such a burden to you. You had to sacrifice your time and presence just for me. I'm so sorry I fell for that jerk when I had you from the beginning." Jieqiong sobbed. "I may have had feelings for you too late but...I want to give us a chance. And...I hope you let me in...because no one else can love me better than you can." Jieqiong cupped her cheek. "Chaeyeonnie...I love you..."

Jieqiong sniffled, her hold on Chaeyeon's cheek still intact. Then, she felt a hand wipe her tears away. Jieqiong opened her eyes and saw Chaeyeon awake. "Don't cry."

Jieqiong looked onto Chaeyeon's eyes as tries not to cry. Chaeyeon held her cheek and said. "You know, even if you were a pain...I'd be there no matter what. And even if the world turns back on us, I will never stop loving you, Jie."

"I love you, Chaeyeonnie..." Jieqiong sniffled.

"I know." Chaeyeon pecked her forehead. "And know that I love you too."

Chaeyeon inched towards her and gave Jieqiong a kiss. Jieqiong's heart beated so quickly. She never felt like this before, even Minghao couldn't kiss her before.

She shrugs that and kissed Chaeyeon back, her arms wrapped around Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon would break but Jieqiong bit Chaeyeon's lip, wanting to kiss her more. Chaeyeon couldn't say no as they had their kisses.

At the time, the lost their friendship...but it developed into some better...

---

"Chaeyeonnie...time for school!"

Jieqiong bounced on the bed as Chaeyeon groaned, hugging her pillow tight.

"I don't wanna go to school. Five more minutes~!" Chaeyeon whined.

"So cute..." Jieqiong inched closer towards her face and pecked her forehead. "Get up, my Chaeyeonnie."

Chaeyeon sat up and Jieqiong hyped all over her with her calls and whines of morning. Chaeyeon huffed and scratched her head. "Alright, alright! It's time for school!"

*chu*

"Yah, Pinky!" Chaeyeon blushed and Jieqiong giggled.

"Get up and make breakfast, my Chaeyeonnie." Jieqiong pouted.

"Aish." Chaeyeon hissed yet she smiled and kissed Jieqiong. "Thank God I love you."

Jieqiong grinned and hugged Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon just chuckled and hugged her back. "I love you, Chaeyeonnie."

"I love you too, Pinky." Chaeyeon said back as she lets Jieqiong stand. "Now let's start the morning."

Jieqiong nodded. She pulled Chaeyeon up as they ready themselves for another day being each other's one and only.

+++

That was it, everybody. Thanks for reading. Mind me for the pacing of the stories. I'll do what I can to finish all today. That's all for now.