Diary (Sejeong • Chaeyeon)

Remember

Characters: Kim Sejeong, Jung Chaeyeon

Requested by: rhk7130

Title: Diary

+++

Dear Diary,

I believe that we have a choice in this world of not having to tell sad stories, not to send such goodbyes, and even not to leave loved ones in this forsaken world. On one hand, you can sugarcoat those events, the way they do in movies and novels, even to beautiful people with beautiful lessons to share.

For me, on the same hand, the inevitability could be fixed with an apology, a makeup activity, even the simplest gesture of forgiveness through hugs and kisses. I like that version as much as anyone does, believe me, especially for the fact that I am dating the love of life.

Yes. I'm dating the love my life, Jung Chaeyeon.

Being able to promote with her made our connections much sweeter. During our times in Produce 101, we had our little talks and didn't deepen much into our interests until we debuted. During our MV release, I courted her and eventually, we were official. Believe me, only a few members of Gugudan and IOI knew about this, well, let me add Heehyun-unnie from DIA. 

We had our dates from time to time and sometimes she worries too much of the disbandment. I would tell her that there was still time and that it won't come too soon.

But that wasn't the truth. The disbandment was the truth. THIS is the truth...

Sorry, Diary. I need to go. Sally and Soyee are bugging me of my thoughts plastered on you and I have a date later with Chaeyeon.

Love lots

God Sejeong

"You see that?" I heard Soyee whisper to Sally. "She's into her love problems again."

"I'm not into it, Soyee. Stop bugging me." I said, almost blowing a fist at her.

"What? You've been into that diary for Sejong knows how long," said Soyee.

"She's stuck with her love issues." Sally mumbled.

"I'm not!" I yelped and they just laughed. "Screw this, I need to go back to the IOI dorm for some schedules."

"See ya." I waved as Soyee and Sally waved back.

---

Dear Diary,

Later this day during our 6th monthsary, Sejeong will take me somewhere special after our schedules. I was excited that I even prepared my clothes for later and a special gift for my Sejeongie.

For now, Heehyun-unnie and Eunice-unnie were watching me, chuckling even. They say that plastering all thoughts in a diary is a side effect of secrecy. A diary is never a side effect of secrecy... it's a side effect of emotions that deserved to be released but we're trapped in the all-terrain mind of a person. Love was one thing. My love for Sejeong was the main idea.

I was reminded of the one date we had at a private café. Sejeong was messing with me with her hugs and kisses while lining up for our orders. That date was memorable.

I got a call from Sejeong. I should probably stop here. See ya, Diary.

Love

VisualQueenJungChaeyeon

"Good luck on your date, Chae." Eunice-unnie said.

"Send my regards to Sejeong." Heehyun-unnie grinned as I nodded while leaving.

---

Chaeyeon never felt this happy before. For her, being in a restaurant as her girlfriend arrived felt like she was in a time machine...and Sejeong was in front of her.

"Hi." Chaeyeon greeted.

"Hey, Chaeyeon." Sejeong greeted back. "Here. To keep you warm."

Chaeyeon snuggled herself in Sejeong's jacket for her. The smell of her perfume was welcoming to her senses.

"Aigoo, it's getting cold. We should get in." Sejeong said.

"Ne." Chaeyeon nodded.

Sejeong opened the door and lets Chaeyeon get inside first. Chaeyeon giggled of Sejeong's manly and respectful side as they got in.

---

Dear Diary,

Let me spare you the details of our date at the restaurant.

Basically, we ordered a delicious meal and had a wonderful time despite of the hectic schedule. Chaeyeon cuts most of the day out of her dose of meat as I chuckled on how cute she was, all while chewing the greens on my salad. She almost choked of her large portion of salmon but luckily I gave her some water.

After that, we walked back to the IOI dorm. I called Hana-unnie that I won't be sleeping there. Mina would persuade her to let herself stay at the IOI dorm because she missed Sohye. For me, I missed Chaeyeon and I wanted to spend the night on her bed, cuddling in each other's arms.

Three days later, here I am back at the Gugudan dorm with Mina, ed up of where to take Chaeyeon next, sitting on the couch, almost friendless against Sally and Soyee, and casting a path of inspiration for the sake of our next date. 

With that, I'm praying to take her to somewhere special. I would give her another gift to remind her that no matter what happens, we'll be strong with our relationship.

That's it for now, Diary.

GodSejeong

"Sejeong?" I heard Hana-unnie call me.

"Yeah?" I asked, keeping my diary back in its place.

"Soyee said you've been depressed. How are you? Maybe I could help." She said as she sat next to me.

"Soyee's lying, unnie. I'm not depressed." I clarified. "Well, I've been fine. Chaeyeon's been keeping me sane. Although, I'm wondering where to take her next."

"Hmm... there's this café that's good for lovebirds like here. Here's the address." She gives me a little card with the details. "It's close to the IOI dorm."

"Woah, this looks fancy." I commented. "I'm deciding on this. Thanks, unnie." 

"No problem, Sejeong." Hana-unnie smiled.

---

Dear Diary,

I got another call from Sejeong of another date. Now how am I doing besides the little joy I have for this date? I'm fine. Literally.

That was like a blessing in disguise because my schedules have been mainstream. Reality shows, appointments with contractors, music video shoots, 3 times of going to sets to act, 3 times of going to sets for photoshoots, and the worst of them all, practices.

That's why I'm doing all that I can to finish my schedules properly and quickly. I'm not the typical artist who wants rest. I'm the one who wants to go on frequent dates with my girlfriend in the national group. Sejeong makes me happy and I also want to make her happy. I just hope I won't do anything reckless like the last date because my conscience is going to bite itself for my dorky ways.

VisualQueenJungChaeyeon

"Here." Heehyun-unnie tosses me a neat set of clothes. "Yebin and Eunjin decided that. Now get dressed up. You don't want Sejeong to wait so long."

I nodded, changing inside my walk-in wardrobe.

---

Chaeyeon was at the café and managed to get a seat. She puts her stuff in her chair, deciding to go to the bathroom to pee. As she opened the door, she bumped into someone.

"Omo-I'm sorry -" Chaeyeon stopped as she saw Sejeong.

"Hehe...my bad." Sejeong winked. "So... where's our table?"

"Next to the cashier."  Chaeyeon answered.

Sejeong nodded. She went outside and Chaeyeon laughed as she got hit by a cloth a waiter was flapping around. Chaeyeon got inside and fixed herself.

"Oh my god... Sejeong's so pretty today." Chaeyeon mumbled.

She took some time at the bathroom but eventually got out and went to their table. Sejeong was gazing at the orange sunset, her look utterly focused on the aesthetic beauty of the sky. 

Chaeyeon could admire her forever, like a good old memory passing by the equilibrium of the human mind. Eventually, Sejeong was calling her and in the end, she sat with her, enjoying another moment with the girl she loved.

---

Dear Diary,

My dates with Sejeong were never worst-case scenarios. Good jokes, especially the corny ones made me laugh during those moments in the café. The date lasted longer than expected due to the fact we had no more schedules until the day after tomorrow.

That day came again. Practices, guest appearances, performances, and more dance practices greeted our days. All of them lasted for a while and most of the events were things you'd get used to. But one time, it all fell into place.

There was one time Sejeong and I got sick, mostly Sejeong. Our fevers were rocketing and no one could get it under control, not even us. It would've been the time for rest but then, we decided to settle this as our date.

We took care each of each other. We drank our medicines and the antibiotics kicked in our systems as we got some strength back. The next day, we were visited by the Gugudan and DIA members, you know, the typical visits that almost resemble vigils, except for the fact that were still living. They took care of us while the rest of IOI took care of everyone. It would've been too much but then, Sejeong and I loved the company.

In general, it was one sickly wonderful date with Sejeong.

VisualQueenJungChaeyeon

I put my diary back on its place as I saw Eunchae studying for her exams. I chuckled and decided to read a book on music.

"That's different." Eunchae spoke. "Did Sejeong-unnie give it to you?"

"By Sejeong you mean the king?" I asked.

"Haha..." Eunchae laughed sarcastically as I joined her. "Yeah. Your girlfriend who's the king."

My phone vibrated and I was quick to get it. I thought it was Sejeong texting me. It was just a reminder that my mobile data's all used up. "Yah, Eunchae! Did you touch my phone?"

"About your mobile data, Yebin-unnie and Eunjin-unnie snuck to get some data for their posts." Eunchae said.

Aish, those rascals. "Tell them they're gonna have to load me back."

"Alright." She answered. "Were you expecting Sejeong-unnie?"

I was. Even though she texted me she will be busy for two weeks, I couldn't help but want her to text me back. 

"Don't worry, unnie. She'll text." Eunchae said to me.

"Don't worry too, Eunchae. I understand that she's busy." I said as I read the book again.

---

Dear Diary,

GodSejeong's back for you, my friend. I felt bad for not calling Chaeyeon for the past two weeks. I've been really busy but being the girlfriend I need to be, I had to prioritize and call her everyday, right? I hope she forgives me when I come back to Seoul from my solo concert.

For these weeks, I also settled a week-off and based on what I heard from Heehyun-unnie, Chaeyeon will have her week-off the same time I have mine so I have planned a long trip for us in Sentosa.

I wonder. Does Chaeyeon like the sea? And are there any good spots on that island or the acronym "So Expensive and Nothing to See Also" speaks to itself? Lastly, I need some light on where to stay, what to do, and the dates of our next schedules. Ever since I knew of the week off, I was dying to know because I won't be certain on how long we'll have another date.

But in general, the most important thing is that I spend the date with Chaeyeon. And somehow, I find it impossible to get it off of my head.

That's all for now.

GodSejeong

"Unnie, what are you doing?" Mina appeared as she sat next to a sleeping Sohye. 

"Just writing." I said, keeping my diary. "Hey, don't wake up Sohye. She tired from taking her exams. You should congratulate her later."

"I should." Mina said as she pats Sohye's head.

I saw Mina's infatuation towards Sohye. There were times she hugged her, even stole a kiss from her. I asked her why didn't they just call it official like Chaeyeon and I. 

Her reason was of the disbandment and the uncertainty of not seeing her again because of her acting career.

The disbandment pained me. It was weeks until the last good day but I was still growing strong with our relationship. 

"Unnie." Kyulkyung called. "Chaeyeon-unnie's home."

I stood up and went hastily towards the door. Chaeyeon was there, all tired. I smiled and hugged her gently. She, in return, hugged me and whined of how sleepy she was.

"How about we sleep at my room?" I suggested.

She nodded. Kyulkyung gave me a thumbs-up, eager to switch places with me so that Chaeyeon and I can sleep together.

---

Dear Diary,

The good is happening today. Sejeong and I are at Sentosa, enjoying the week-off. We had a great time earlier at Resorts World but as of now, we were resting for tomorrow's trip at Universal Studios. 

She was on her bed, sleeping. She has been tired lately. With her schedules plus her low immune system, she gets tired quickly. Even so, I fell in love with this woman that way she would fall asleep, slowly; then all at once.

I'll shall end here. I want to cuddle up to her.

VisualQueenJungChaeyeon

I went closer and laid beside Sejeong. She instantly woke up and I cuddle up to her. I look at her, my hands caressing her cheek as she opened her eyes.

"Hey, baby..." I mumbled as I kiss her lips. "... sorry if I disturbed your sleep."

"It's okay." She smiled as she kissed me forehead. "I want to make it up to you after all those schedules." 

"I love you...so, so much..." I said as I nuzzle onto her chest. "If only we can stay like this forever."

"Why are you saying stuff like it's the end? If it's about the disbandment, it shouldn't matter." She said as I gaze at her. "I know you're not willing to give up. I won't, either. I'm going to be here for you...no matter what."

I nodded. I inch closer and kissed her, not wanting to let go.

"I love you, Chaeyeon." Sejeong mumbled.

"I love you more, Sejeongie..." I said, kissing her again.

"I love you most..."

---

Dear Diary,

I would've said IOI would've kept all the fame and love from the fans till the end, that not for a single moment did our courage and strength waver, but it all fell into place...

I was now in the Gugudan dorm. Mina and I moved out of the IOI dorm about a week ago. I could hear Mina cry as she regretted of not being able to say her feelings to Sohye. Yoojung called frequently and she cries over the calls with Doyeon. Nayoung-unnie and Kyulkyung kept in touch as they promote for Pledis Girlz. Yeunjung cries silently in our calls as she talks about being the maknae of WJSN and the the missed me due to that. Somi would visit and cry with Mina when she had to go back to JYP to train. Chungha was now in America with Sohye, pursuing their own careers.

Chaeyeon? She didn't talk to me after the disbandment. I tried calling Heehyun-unnie and I was relieved I get updates about her. I asked her when I can talk to her but she said Chaeyeon wasn't in the mood.

We had our moment in Sentosa and it had to be taken away due to schedules and the disbandment.

I'm ed up, Diary. I miss Chaeyeon. I pray that I talk to her soon.

GodSejeong

"Still writing in that ty diary, Sejeong?" Nayoung-unnie asked.

"The diary isn't ty, unnie." I spat.

"Hey, sorry." Nayoung-unnie raises her hands. "I know you miss Chaeyeon and as much as I was part of the competition, it hurts me seeing IOI disband. MNet has always been ty."

I laughed of Nayoung-unnie's remarks. I sighed, trying to ease the pain but somehow, Chaeyeon was in my head.

"Hey." I felt her pat my back. "I texted Heehyun. She said Chaeyeon will be at the DIA dorm before going to Sentosa for her variety show shoot. Why don't you clear things up?"

A ring came from my phone. I went to get it, getting a call from Heehyun-unnie. "Hello?"

"Don't hello me, God Sejeong." She said on the other line. "Chaeyeon's crying like a douchebag. Come over here and talk things over. She misses you so much."

I put the phone down and went to change. Nayoung-unnie would shriek of my public display but I didn't care.

"Don't freak out, unnie. I'm changed so I gotta go." I said.

"You're welcome. Send my regards to Heehyun." Nayoung-unnie managed to yell before I could really go.

---

Dear Diary,

One of the most ty of the IOI drama was the even known as the last good day, in other words, the disbandment. Just so to speak, I thought about that since day one of our debut as the national group. And at that, if the next decline of time is suddenly plateaued, the pain of every passing second is just bearable. The only problem of what is the inevitability of the assurance of that goddamn last good day.

At that time, it was just another decent day. Then again, it came already...and it hurt me like hell.

With that, I didn't talk, didn't text, and didn't call Sejeong. I promised her I'll be strong with our relationship but why is my faith fading? We'd see each other through schedules but why am I not being optimistic that one day, I'll be with her again?

But there's one thing I'm thinking now. I miss Sejeong so much. I want her here with me again...

VisualQueenJungChaeyeon

A tear dropped on my diary. I closed it, kept it back and sobbed. I felt someone hug me. It was Heehyun-unnie. "Hey, why is my princess crying?"

"Unnie..." I wept. "I miss Sejeong so much."

"Then why in the world aren't you calling her? I thought you love her." Heehyun-unnie said to me.

"I don't know...maybe because of the disbandment? It may have lost my faith of being with her forever." I said.

"Aigoo... you've been triggered because you got used of being the national group you were. But Chaeyeon...you of all people know that it's possible...to be strong in a relationship." Heehyun-unnie held my shoulders as she spoke. "And you have to be strong up to this day until your last breath... because the person you've been looking for so long came all this way to see you again..."

"Chaeyeon-unnie! Sejeong-unnie's at the door!" I heard Eunchae yell.

I hopped off of bed and ran down. I saw Eunchae and Eunjin and there was Sejeong.

"Sejeongie!!!" I tackled her for a hug as I cried in her arms.

I cried so hard. Sejeong was also crying but she tells me to calm down. I get a good look at Sejeong and I held her face as I felt her fingers wipe the tears off of my face.

"I was worried. Heehyun-unnie said you'll be going to Sentosa for a variety show shoot. I want to clear things and I want you to know that I love you. I'm not going to let go. I'll keep this relationship strong for you."

"Me too..." I said as I lean my forehead against hers. "I miss you. I still love you and I want to be strong for you."

"Don't you ever ignore me again." Sejeong hugged me as she sniffled.

"I won't. Never again..." I mumbled as I cupped her cheeks. "I love you."

"Aigoo...I love you too." She said with her uncle-like voice.

We shared our kisses. The DIA members cheered as I finally have my GodSejeong back.

---

Dear Diary,

Chaeyeon came back from her schedule in Sentosa eight days later. I got me a day-off like her and we go on another date by the Han River.

It was calm yet fun. It was fun because Chaeyeon was with me. When the whole date happened, it stopped my heart as I treasure my love for Chaeyeon which made my whole heart. It was ecstatic, everything...every second better than the last.

I just pray it lasts for an eternity.

GodSejeong

"Sejeongie~ we're late for the reunion!" Chaeyeon's boomed as Heehyun-unnie escorted her with her car.

I nodded. I checked by Hyeyeon and Mina's room and thank goodness she was ready. She even brought a stuffed penguin along.

"Come on, unnie!" Mina cheered. "Let's go!"

"Alright!!" I cheered too as we went outside.

---

Dear Diary,

The IOI reunion was a blast. Nayoung-unnie and Kyulkyung have gone prettier, Yeunjung was livelier, Somi was more cheerful, Yoojung and Doyeon broke out as they were cried in utter joy seeing us, Chungha-unnie sponsored for us due to her solo debut, and Mina finally confessed to Sohye of her feelings as we congratulate of a new distant couple, like Sejeong and I.

I remember one time a fortune-teller asked me to rate love in a scale of one to ten. There was once I went into one in the last minute before going on another schedule, I hastily said nine. I came back the next day and the fortune-teller laughed of my harsh decision.

You know what he said to me? You've lost count of you love. You called a ten a nine. But no. That wasn't it. The reason I called it a nine was because I believe that love has room to grow. For me, the love of family and friends were that 'nine'...but when Sejeong csme and she and I were official, that's where I saved my 'ten'.

I hope it won't stop on that ten. I hope it stops at infinity.

VisualQueenJungChaeyeon

"Unnie!" Sohye cheered as she dragged Mina with her. "Give us your blessings of our relationship."

"Again with the diary, Chaeyeon." Chungha-unnie said as I kept my diary back. "Come on. Enjoy the party."

Sejeong came in and pulled me to dance. I wasn't much of a dancer but I have fun with her and the rest of IOI.

I could never forget this day with them as I miss them. I couldn't forget this day because of Mina and Sohye and of another time with Kim Sejeong...my God Sejeong...

+++

Wooh! Six stories in four days. I hope to keep this up, haha!! Love lots, guys <3