When in Love (Nayoung • Kyulkyung)

Remember

Characters: Lim Nayoung, Joo Kyulkyung

Requested by: LittleTaeng

Title: When in Love

+++

Lim Nayoung was always articulate with anything, especially love. But recently, she was a ed up, hopeless, deadass romantic.

"Unnie." Yeunjung was with her as she watches her unnie pace around. "Have you been thinking about Sungso again?"

That triggered the Stone Buddha, causing her self-composure to completely cease. Nayoung sighed and sat back down in defeat. "Sorry. Despite of the ty break-up, I can't get Chengxiao off of my head."

"Come on, unnie. As much as I am great friends with her, I still can't believe she'd do that to you." Yeunjung began while drinking some good old green tea. "You are one deadass romantic. You gave her flowers, took her to wonderful dates, and you were even protective towards her. You know how many girls wanted to be yours?"

"Three?" Nayoung asked nonchalantly.

"Many." Yeunjung said. "There were many, even I think your a dream girl for being a sick old deadass romantic. Sungso was so lucky to have you. She was supposed to see that...and she had to be the ing and she had to cheat on you for two s."

Sungso, Chengxiao in Chinese, was Nayoung's Chinese ex. They had a whopping six years of a good relationship until Nayoung found Sungso making out with two other girls. It caused pain in the girl's heart and a fight between the two, causing them to break up. But just between them, Nayoung was the martyr of their relationship, dying and wanting to have Sungso back to her.

"Help me, Yeunjung." Nayoung said.

"If it has to do with Sungso, I'mma pass. If you want some help, address your problem to the Dodaeng and Shikshin department."

Nayoung groaned. Yeunjung may be her favorite dongsaeng but she was a sicko when it had to anything with Sungso.

Nayoung could only sigh as went out and invited some kids for ice cream through a phone call.

---

Nayoung puts a hand on her forehead as she faces four kids. Two being dorks, one enjoying the ice cream too much, and the last of them all paranoid and timid.

"Uh, guys...can I say something?" She asked.

"What is it, unnie?" Sohye asked.

"Oh, yeah! We came here for that." Doyeon said. "So what is it, unnie?"

"Help me get Sungso back." Nayoung said.

"No. No Unnie of mine should be treated like garbage again after all she did for her." Mina raised her hands lightly.

"Shouldn't we help? Maybe Sungso's changed and actually wants Nayoung-unnie back." Yoojung wondered.

Mina and Yoojung refuted lightly. Nayoung sighed and focused on Sohye and Doyeon. The tall dongsaeng grabbed Nayoung's hand and said: "Have you tried contacting her?"

"I did." Nayoung said. "But the Chinese language."

"She's in China?" Sohye asked.

"Yes. Apparently, after we broke up, she went back to China. I sent her gifts because I couldn't move on but she sends them back here, telling me that she doesn't love me anymore." Nayoung said.

"That's messed up, unnie. She should be ashamed." Sohye batted.

"Sohye has a point." Mina batted in, listening despite of Yoojung making fun of her a while ago. "You got in touch?"

"I get her emails and numbers but I can't connect because it's for the locality of China. I tried emailing her but she's not using Gmail or MSN...but a Chinese email generator that I can't ing understand." Nayoung babbled.

"Like using Weibo instead of Twitter." Yoojung chuckled.

"Have you tried going to China?" Doyeon asked.

"Despite of having no money to buy a ticket, I could earn it...but I can't speak Sungso's language. It's also another reason why we broke up. She speaks Chinese and doesn't bother to translate it for me. What a ...but I still love her."

The three face-palmed each other, except for Yoojung who did a face-desk. Nayoung sighed. They weren't supportive like Yeunjung. 

"Unnie, don't chase her. You'll only get your efforts wasted, your heart too..." Mina suggested.

"You know we can't force her, right?" Doyeon snickered. "Our unnie is a deadass romantic. She'd want Sungso back."

"Just promise us you won't get hurt again, unnie." Sohye said, growing worried.

"And if she does, know that we'll be here for you. And invite Yeunjung here so that she can kick Sungso's ." Yoojung said.

Nayoung could only smile and thank them. Unlike Yeunjung who's a deadass in the whole works of her love life, the four were supportive. Despite of the consequences, they supported their unnie in her decision.

"Where do we begin?" Nayoung asked them.

"First, study the language. If you ever want to survive in China where almost all the population lives, you need to break that barrier and communicate." Sohye said.

"I'll just search, right?" Nayoung asked.

"Chinese is a bit complex, right?" Yoojung asked.

"It is. It has many letters and there are many phrases to learn. But actually, you need not to know everything. Just learn the basics." Sohye said.

"Okay. Then be my tutor, Sohye," said Nayoung.

"I'm afraid I cannot do that." Sohye said. "As much as I have my masters degree in international studies, I can't teach you as of this time."

"Why not?" Nayoung asked.

"I'm teaching Mina Filipino. She said she wants to learn more of the Philippines and its language." Sohye said again.

"You're just doing that because she's your girlfriend." Yoojung pouted.

"Aish! I'd do that for you too. The only difference is that I help you with your electrical circuits. Electrical engineering graduate here." Doyeon winked.

Nayoung was proud of the kids in front of her. They were all so young and dorky yet the excelled. Yoojung was an artist, Doyeon an engineer, Sohye was an ambassador of language and Mina was a famous chef. Well, she also had work. She was an IT graduate and is a system analyst.

"Got the system working, unnie? I could help you with some codes." Doyeon said.

"It's fine. Kyungwon helped me with some modifications. Anyways, back to my love life." Nayoung said. "Sohye, you know anyone who could teach me?"

"Actually, there's one. She's a Chinese tutor from Zhejiang Province. When she came here, I even mistake her for a Korean. Her Chinese and Korean are so good. I'll recommend her." Sohye said, giving a business card.

Nayoung looked at the card. "Zhou Jieqiong..."

"Joo Kyulkyung in Korean. In our office, we call her Pinky." Sohye said.

"Thanks, guys. I owe you one." Nayoung smiled.

"You just did." Doyeon said and the five friends laughed.

---

Nayoung may be busy with work but she always found time to learn Chinese. Despite of her determination in learning, she didn't mind and took Sohye's recommendation. She grabbed the business card, typed the number and made a call.

Hello?

"Uh, hello. Joo Kyulkyung?"

Yes, this is Joo Kyulkyung of the International Studies Association. What can I do for you, ma'am?

"I would like to know about your schedules for Chinese tutorials." 

A rookie in Chinese? The ISA offers tutorials everyday. Chinese tutorials are offered during the weekends. Anyone can join in and register for the tutorials. If you want to initiate, we have our tutorials this Friday to Sunday.

"Alright. Thank you." 

Nayoung hung up. She huffed and called Sohye. 

Yes, unnie? I found out Kyulkyung has called you. She's here. She says hi.

"Jokes aside, Sohye." Nayoung batted. "Tour me around this weekend, will you?"

Sure. In fact, I had your tutorials scheduled and Kyulkyung here will be your tutor.

"Okay. Thanks again." Nayoung said.

Kyulkyung says your voice is so cute.

"Haha." Nayoung reacted and hung up.

---

Nayoung, Sohye, and Mina went to the ISA building for the tutorials. Sohye showed her girlfriend and her friend around for a bit until Sohye met with a fellow tutor. 

They shared a friendly hug. Nayoung chuckled of Mina as she grew jealous as hell. Sohye came back with the fellow tutor and Nayoung gasped. She was so beautiful.

"Nayoung-unnie, this is Kyulkyung. Kyulkyung, this is Nayoung-unnie." Sohye introduced.

"Nice to meet you." Nayoung shook hands. 

"Nice to meet you too." Kyulkyung smiled, shaking back.

Nayoung could feel bile rising up from her stomach. She never thought the tutor she talked on the phone a few days ago was as pretty as . Despite of that, Sohye had to leave Nayoung under Kyulkyung's care as she went with Mina for tutorials. 

Nayoung looked at Kyulkyung, seeing the woman smile like a bright sunny day. Little did Nayoung know, Kyulkyung was waving a hand in front of her face.

"S-Sorry..." Nayoung gulped.

"Don't get nervous. I may be a Chinese grammar Nazi but not to a cutie like you. Follow me."

Kyulkyung just called her cute and Nayoung giggled in her thoughts of the side compliment. They got inside a room. Nayoung thought it's the Chinese room.

"Here in the ISA, tutorials are always private. That way, focus on learning the language can be implemented properly. Rooms for tutorials here are based on the language." Kyulkyung said as she showed Nayoung around. "This...is the Chinese room."

"How long does this tutorial last?" Nayoung asked.

"If you start now, your sessions will end at the last day of the year. By next year, you are now a person who knows how to speak Chinese." Kyulkyung said.

"Okay." Nayoung nodded.

Kyulkyung giggled, making Nayoung a litle queasy. Kyulkyung guides her to a table and chair, seeing a whiteboard and a shelf full of Chinese books.

"For now, since you're starting, why don't we get to know each other?" Kyulkyung said as Nayoung nodded. "So...I'm Zhou Jieqiong. I'm a Chinese woman from Zhejiang Province. I was a exchange student and I was classmates with Sohye. I moved here in Korea about ten years ago."

"Woah. Your Korean and Chinese are good. Sohye was right about you." Nayoung gasped.

"Well...I can be feisty with languages." Kyulkyung said. "And you are?"

The tall girl stands and shakes the hand of the tutor. "I'm Lim Nayoung. Nice to meet you."

---

Nayoung was rushing inside the ISA building for her tutorials. Sohye was there, scolding her despite of the age. 

"Unnie, Kyulkyung's been here for hours! Get going!"

Nayoung sighed and went to the Chinese room. Kyulkyung was already there as Nayoung bowed. "Sorry for being late."

"It's fine. Shall we begin?"

Nayoung nodded as Kyulkyung taught the basics. Kyulkyung taught some basic phrases and terms Nayoung need to know. For Nayoung, she familiarized them before Kyulkyung could teach. She was articulate in learning that she would read in advanced. That way, the lessons would go smoothly.

Kyulkyung never thought she would meet a person so quick in thinking. Usually, she'd finish in three hours or more. Nayoung finished in a whopping two hours yet the system analyst was eager to learn more.

"Can I get an advanced subject?" Nayoung asked.

"Even though the sessions are private, I can't dig you in the next lesson. I need to follow the syllabus. I could spare some details but I did just that." Kyulkyung said. "So how about...we talk of our lives and try to use the basic terms and phrases that I taught you? Consider it as a activity to harness your skills."

Nayoung nodded and began talking. She shared her life from school, work, even a glimpse of her personal life. Kyulkyung was impressed on how Nayoung spoke. Her Chinese was a bit sloppy but good so she considers it. 

"What about your love life?" Kyulkyung asked out of the blue.

Nayoung lowered her head, fiddling her fingers, even. Kyulkyung must've hit a nerve as she apologized for asking.

"It's okay. I can tell you a bit of this." Nayoung said. "Aside from learning Chinese for language purposes, I wanted to study for a special someone. Her name's Chengxiao... she's my ex-girlfriend."

"I see..." Kyulkyung said, her hopes a bit low. "You're learning Chinese to go the China and bring her back?"

"Yeah." Nayoung nodded. "Language barriers were an issue too so...I wanted to learn Chinese to understand Chengxiao better."

Kyulkyung just nodded, their session growing silent. Kyulkyung breaks the ice as she went to get a textbook. She went back, giving it to Nayoung. "It's a textbook I give to my students when they learn Chinese here. Read, comprehend, and answer the activities. For this session, focus on unit 1-2."

"Okay." Nayoung nodded as she got her book. "Thank you."

Kyulkyung looked at the window and sighed. "It's raining hard. I didn't even...ugh...I'm running in the rain again."

"I could take you home." Nayoung offered. "I insist...it's my way of saying thanks for this session."

"Aigoo...you don't have to." Kyulkyung said. "I can run towards the bus station."

"But it's a bit far from here and it's raining cats and dogs." Nayoung said. "Please...I insist."

Kyulkyung couldn't argue so she nodded. Nayoung grinned as her tutor went to get her stuff as they got out of the room and building, heading home.

---

Kyulkyung wowed of the design in Nayoung's car. Kyulkyung related the directions to her home and Nayoung was listening while driving. As they got to a street, Nayoung sighed. "The road's too narrow. The car get in here."

"Just stop here. I'll walk from here." Kyulkyung said.

"Then take this." Nayoung offers an umbrella.

"Nayoung...I..."

"It's okay. You can return it on our next session." Nayoung nodded, opening the door for Kyulkyung. "Thank you, Miss Joo."

Kyulkyung bowed lightly and got out of the car, all while using the umbrella. Nayoung closed the door and drove back.

Kyulkyung watched the car from a distance and she giggled. 

Her student was so cute...

---

Nayoung was doing her work with Kyungwon, typing another set of codes. She was bored, her fingers already fiddling on the table. She was dazing a bit until...

"Nayoung~" She saw Kyulkyung on a magazine.

"What the..." Nayoung was rubbing her eyes, to see the magazine the way as it is. "I'm getting crazy."

It didn't end there. Kyulkyung was all over the place, calling her and telling her to come back for the sessions. Nayoung was confused, all while hearty beating quickly and her cheeks all flushed.

She was honest that she did admire the Chinese tutor but she never thought it could lead to this. Nayoung could only sigh, rest for a bit, and wait for the sessions by tomorrow.

---

-ISA is actually having a day-off but I want to resume the sessions. We will do it here at my house. It's Kyulkyung, btw.-

Nayoung was as eager as she was, preparing herself as she drove to Nayoung's home. And she uses her moped this time.

She could only peck Yeunjung's forehead because she was sleeping. She got out of their apartment and drove towards Kyulkyung's place. Upon arriving there, Kyulkyung was outside her home, waiting and utterly impressed of her new ride.

"Hi, Nayoung." Kyulkyung waved. "Nice ride."

"Thanks, Miss Joo -"

"Please...call me Jieqiong." Kyulkyung said. 

"Jieqiong." Nayoung said again and Kyulkyung could bite her lip because Nayoung spoke her name huskily. 

"Please come in." Kyulkyung smiled.

Nayoung was given a little tour by her tutor of her apartment until they got to a room, almost identical to the room in ISA.

"It's a tutorial room I whipped up for holidays of the ISA. We may have the holidays but if it's your schedule, it's your schedule." Kyulkyung said. "Sit down so that we can start."

Nayoung nodded. Kyulkyung got a whiteboard and a marker as she asks a recap of what the learned last week. Nayoung answered about the discussions and Kyulkyung was impressed. Nayoung also reminded her of the assignment and Kyulkyung would check it later.

"Alright. Today's topic is the application of those phrases in real-life situations. I'll be teaching phrases, I'll let you repeat them, and I will test you later."

Nayoung nodded. Kyulkyung began discussing as Nayoung listened attentively. Nayoung did exactly what Kyulkyung planned, repeating and learning phrases until she got it right. The test came and Nayoung focused on guessing what the phrase meant or vice-versa. Kyulkyung was impressed of Nayoung's results, their session ending at the right time.

"Okay. I'll check your assignment." Kyulkyung said, grabbing Nayoung's book.

Nayoung stayed for a bit to wait for her book. Nayoung got a old Chinese dictionary and read. As the time ticked by, Nayoung couldn't help but gaze at her tutor checking her book. She looked at the woman with raw eyes as she admired her look. From her complexion to her cute expressions, Nayoung found them as pieces of art. 

Kyulkyung finished checking and Nayoung had to get off of her daze. She got her book and thanked Kyulkyung for the session.

"Don't mention it. Also, focus on units 3 and 4 this time." Kyulkyung said.

"Okay." Nayoung nodded.

"Nayoung?" Kyulkyung called and Nayoung responded.

Kyulkyung got a paper bag from the table and gave it to Nayoung. "It's was actually for you. I would be going to ISA but when I realized it was a holiday, I decided to give it to you here. You got your umbrella here too."

"Thanks." Nayoung said. "I got a business meeting later so I need to go."

"Okay." Kyulkyung nodded as she escorts her outside. "Thanks for coming here."

"Anytime." Nayoung said as she went back to her moped and rode back.

Kyulkyung smiled, holding her chest lightly as she got back inside.

---

A week later, Nayoung came to ISA for another session. She got something for Kyulkyung and went directly to the Chinese room. She knocked on the door when...

"Unnie!" Yeunjung was there and Nayoung gasped. "What are doing here?" 

"Uh...learning Chinese?" Nayoung spoke.

"Are you doing this for Sungso again?" Yeunjung asked, crossing her arms. "You're in luck 'cause she's back."

Nayoung felt like a rock hits her head. Nayoung snickered. "What?!"

"Apparently, she didn't make it to nationals this time so she came back here." Yeunjung said. 

Nayoung felt sorry. She wanted to go and comfort the girl but she had her priorities now. She had this tutorial she needs to do. "Okay. Tell her I send my regards."

"She's here, unnie. Aren't you seeing her?" Yeunjung asked.

"And aren't you not supportive of us?" Nayoung asked back.

"I'm not. I would've thought you'd want to see her after so long. Anyways, you can go back and-"

The door opened and there was Kyulkyung. Yeunjung excused herself and went on as Nayoung faced her.

"What took you so long?" Kyulkyung asked. "Get inside. Now."

Nayoung nodded and got to her seat, putting the bag down. Kyulkyung grew serious and discussed instantly. Nayoung would've expected this so she focuses. 

The session was over longer than expected. Nayoung was at the waiting area as she waits for Kyulkyung to finish checking her book. Nayoung looked around, seeing Yeunjung and someone she didn't expect. She sighs and decided to go out for a bit when arms wrapped around her in an embrace.

Nayoung knew these pair of arms. Nayoung looked down and saw the woman she loved dearly. "Chengxiao..."

"Nuoying-jiejie..." She sniffled. "My love..."

Sungso hugged Nayoung again. Nayoung could only look down, seeing a look of disapproval from Yeunjung. She may have loved Sungso but she was also on their side. She had no plans of getting back together anymore and she didn't know why for now.

"When did you get here?" Nayoung asked.

"Yesterday. I came back because I lost. I'm also coming back to study and have Korean lessons. I...I also came here to see you." Sungso said.

"Well, I'm glad to see you too." Nayoung said.

"You don't have something to do, right? I'm done with my session. Let's go out. We can invite Yeunjung and Seonui and Miki."

Seonui and Miki were those two s Yeunjung insulted, the reason why Sungso left her. With those names ringing, she got herself off of Sungso's hug and said: "I'm going to pass. I need to go and finish work."

"Nayoung."

The two looked to the side. Kyulkyung was standing with Nayoung's book as Nayoung went to her, getting her book. Kyulkyung got a good look on the woman behind her and chuckled. "So that's Sungso, the new student for the Korean tutorials. Your ex."

"Yeah." Nayoung nodded. "If you're wondering of the bag by your table, it's for you, a thank you gift for the sessions."

"Thanks. Do unit 5 only. We're going to study Chinese culture tomorrow with a little review of today's session. I hope to see you here, Nayoung." Kyulkyung said.

"Okay." Nayoung nodded.

"And..." Kyulkyung added. "...can we go out after the session? I got these coupons to a restaurant. I would be going alone but I was wondering if you want to...come..."

"Sure." Nayoung nodded and Kyulkyung gleamed. "Really?"

"Yes." Nayoung smiled.

Sungso was jealous. Nayoung came back but she only greeted her Chinese ex goodbye and went home.

---

Nayoung couldn't get much interested in Chinese culture. After their main session, Kyulkyung popped up some movies and music for Nayoung to listen and watch. The two were on the couch, sharing an earpiece of an earphone and watched 'Kung Fu Hustle', the Chinese version with subtitles.

They shared their wows and laughs on the movie. Kyulkyung would steal gazes at Nayoung and she never thought the stoic yet cute girl could laugh so hard, let alone react. She found Nayoung cute and she was happy for this moment.

All the sessions meant a lot for Kyulkyung. When she met Nayoung, she never thought she'd admire the woman. As the sessions progressed, the admiration grew. And when Nayoung gave her that little bag filled with Chinese treats, Kyulkyung's heart grew great wings. For her, Sungso was a threat. When Nayoung shared it, she thought she'd kick the woman's for breaking up with such a cutie. And when she and Nayoung met, she grabbed that chance to ask her out.

It was a matter of life and death in the aspect of love but it was worth a try.

"It's ended." Kyulkyung came back to reality, hearing Nayoung voice. "Shall we go?"

Kyulkyung nodded. Nayoung helped her in cleaning the office up and they got out to eat.

---

Nayoung and Kyulkyung ate a Chinese restaurant. Nayoung and Kyulkyung had wonderful talks. For Nayoung, she was so happy to be with Kyulkyung that it made her heart beat fast. 

Despite of the tutorials for going to China and find Sungso, there was another motive. Nayoung couldn't help but develop feelings for Kyulkyung little by little. It fells like her ulterior motive was replaced with another.

"Kyulkyung?" Nayoung asked this time. "What's the topic for next week?"

"We'll be doing calligraphy." Kyulkyung said. "You know, I've never met anyone who advances herself in these tutorials other than you, Nayoung."

"You stopped following the syllabus, huh?" Nayoung remarked.

"We've completed the whole syllabus already." Kyulkyung said. "The few sessions are just to be reviews and learning of Chinese culture."

"May I ask? Can I stop anytime?"

Kyulkyung froze of that question. Does Nayoung do the tutorials just to get Sungso back? Heck yeah. And now, Kyulkyung couldn't understand why she feels... uncomfortable?

"You can. Depends on you."

That hit Kyulkyung's heart. Nayoung held her hand, causing Kyulkyung's heart to beat fast again.

"I won't stop." Nayoung smiled. "I'm going to complete those sessions. Maybe we could go to China soon enough and learn more."

She was relieved. Kyulkyung nodded and agreed to this. They enjoyed each other's company again as they ate.

---

Nayoung jogged at the park. As she was running, she met Sungso. 

"Nayoungie~" The Chinese girl hugged her. "Didn't expect to see you here. Where are you going?"

"Home." Nayoung lets go as she leaves. 

"Let me come with you." Sungso insisted.

"Why?" Nayoung asked.

"I want to visit." Sungso said. "I want to visit you."

"Yeunjung's there and the place is a mess. Besides, I need to go to work afterwards." Nayoung reasoned.

"Then we'll grab lunch together later." Sungso said again. 

Nayoung was about to refute when Sungso held her face and kissed her. Nayoung was ed up, her heart being messed around once more. Sungso broke and pecked her nose. "See you later, baby..."

Nayoung froze as Sungso ran. She went to a fountain and gargled and spat. Nayoung cringed as she decides to go back.

---

Kyulkyung was doing meetings with Sohye and the rest of the tutors. Kyulkyung got bored and thought about Nayoung again. Her sessions were tomorrow yet she wanted to see her today. She decided to text her and ask her out for lunch.

-Nayoung, lets have lunch together.-

Kyulkyung sends the message as she listens to Chungha's discussion on English. A few minutes later, she got a reply.

-Can't. I'm having lunch with Sungso. How about dinner later? My treat.-

Kyulkyung sighed in defeat, replying with a yes. She sighed, her heart aching of the thought Nayoung went out with her ex.

---

Kyulkyung got a text from Nayoung and got to the a barbecue house. Kyulkyung sighs and waits when she faced...

"What the... Nayoung..." Kyulkyung was startled.

"Sorry." Nayoung said. "Shall we get inside?" 

Kyulkyung just nodded and followed Nayoung towards their seat. Nayoung went to the counter to order the meats and veggies as Kyulkyung bore a grudge on Nayoung's lunch with Sungso.

Nayoung came back with the grubs and noticed the look on Kyulkyung's face as she sighed. "I know what you're thinking. I'm like Mother Teresa in our relationship, right?"

"You guessed it, eh? To hell you are." Kyulkyung mumbled. "She's your ex to begin with."

"Come on. Don't get mad." Nayoung sighed yet Kyulkyung still gives her the cold shoulder. "Tell you what. If you don't like me hanging out with her, then I won't."

Kyulkyung was flattered with Nayoung's answer all the while she felt stupid for being defensive and jealous. What right did she have of Nayoung's life? And it was just lunch. 

"Sorry for ditching lunch." Nayoung apologized. "We have dinner. I grilled the meat now, see?" Nayoung said as she got the meats sizzling. 

Kyulkyung nodded. She wondered why Nayoung didn't ask her of her meddling. At the time, she was glad she wasn't interrogated. But if she were to meddle in her student's life like a friend, she had to be sure.

"Nayoung, are we friends?" Kyulkyung asked, munching some meat.

"What kind of a question is that? Of course we are." Nayoung answered.

"You didn't mind if I was curious of you and Sungso?" She asked again.

"No. As friends, you had to know. And if you're worried of our relationship, we're not going back together." Nayoung said. "My friends were right of me being a deadass romantic martyr. It's about time I stop."

Kyulkyung nods as she ate another pice of meat. Nayoung was indulging hers as Kyulkyung raises questions once more. "Are you planning of having a relationship again?"

"Not now." Nayoung said.

Kyulkyung nodded. Nayoung would steal a smile towards her tutor and Kyulkyung would grin. Nayoung felt that beat on her heart again. Nonetheless, the two enjoyed their dinner together.

---

Kyulkyung and Nayoung had another session. Nayoung was writing Chinese letters and Kyulkyung would watch her progress. Kyulkyung was utterly impressed of Nayoung's skills and comprehension throughout the session.

"Nayoung, write your name and mine in Chinese. Here's the Romanized text." Kyulkyung shows her the text.

Nayoung read the text and it hit her. Nonetheless, she wrote the two names. As she finished, she puts a hand on her forehead.

"Nayoung, what's wrong?" Kyulkyung grew worried.

"Nothing." Nayoung mumbled. "Can we have a break?"

Kyulkyung nodded. Nayoung sighed, massaging her temples. Kyulkyung went to her and massaged her head. Nayoung froze, heart beating fast again. 

"Jieqiong...why are you..." Nayoung began as Kyulkyung sighed.

"I'm just worried. You shouldn't feel awkward. Remember that we're friends." Kyulkyung said. "And thanks for calling me by my Chinese name like I told you."

Nayoung nods. A ring disrupts them as Nayoung answered it. "Yeunjung?"

Unnie, you better come to the hospital! Yeunjung yelped.

"I'm still in my session. Why?" Nayoung asked.

It's Sungso. She fainted.

Nayoung jolted up. She excused herself and rushed to the hospital.

---

Nayoung arrived to see Sungso in a room. Yeunjung was there as Nayoung asked what happened. 

"She visited the apartment then she fainted by the door. The doctor said it's anorexia."

Nayoung face-palmed. She knew of her ex's anorexia but never in her life was Sungso hospitalized about this. 

"Is there anyone taking care of her?" Nayoung asked.

"Seonui and Miki again." Yeunjung said. 

"Okay. As they get here, go back immediately. I need to go. I still have a session to finish." Nayoung said.

"Sure, unnie. See ya." Yeunjung nodded and waved as Nayoung left.

---

Nayoung finished another session with Kyulkyung and made a visit to Sungso. She got in and was greeted by a pull and a power hug.

"Nayoungie~" Sungso pouted. "I'm so happy that your here."

"Where are your caretakers?" Nayoung asked.

"Seonui and Miki are at work. They'll come back later. You didn't have work?"

"Company holiday." Nayoung reasoned.

"Will you be staying the whole day?" Sungso asked.

"No. I have tutorials today." Nayoung said.

"It's a weekday. You have no sessions today." Sungso reasoned.

"I do." Nayoung said, getting pissed. "And I'm late for it. I need to go."

Sungso whined but Nayoung paid no heed and left the room. She stormed off and stopped when she saw Kyulkyung.

"Jieqiong, what are you doing here?" Nayoung asked.

"I got information from Sohye that you're visiting Sungso here. So...I came here." Kyulkyung said.

"Well, I'm about to go back and do the session." Nayoung said.

"What are you talking about? We have no sessions today -"

"Let's just go out for coffee, then?" Nayoung asked.

Kyulkyung couldn't argue and nodded.

---

Nayoung and Kyulkyung got to the café. Kyulkyung wa grateful for the opportunity yet she wonders why Nayoung wasn't obliged to stay and watch over Sungso. 

"Why didn't you stay and watch over Sungso?" Kyulkyung asked. "I thought you cared about her."

"Not this time." Nayoung batted. "How can I when my tutor gets jealous when she sees me with my ex?"

Kyulkyung spits her coffee. Nayoung went to grab a tissue, wiping Kyulkyung's lips gently. Kyulkyung blushed hard, her heart beating like a Taiko. Nayoung lets go and sighed. 

"Let me be honest, Jieqiong." Nayoung said. "I like you. I really do."

"You're joking. You care for Sungso." Kyulkyung said. 

"That was in the past. And even if I were to care, I'd only care for her as a friend." Nayoung reasoned.

"Aigoo...no need to get testy." Kyulkyung chuckled.

Nayoung grabbed her hand. Kyulkyung wondered of the sudden gesture when she froze, looking at Nayoung's eyes. "Nayoung..."

"Jieqiong-ah." Nayoung called and Kyulkyung could blush hard of Nayoung's husky voice. "I like you so much."

Kyulkyung gulped. She liked Nayoung too. She liked her the moment they met but she never thought Nayoung felt the same.

"Jieqiong, those sessions were the greatest days of my life. I never thought I'd release myself for being a hopeless romantic and a martyr of love. But when you came, it changed. I never thought I'd learn so much of China. But you know what was my greatest realization was?"

"W-What?" Kyulkyung asked, blushing as Nayoung inched closer.

"I realized that I didn't take those classes for Sungso. I took them because a deity was rooting for me to find someone new...and that someone is you, Jieqiong."

And they kissed. Kyulkyung gulped, her heart thumping in different yet quick intervals. Yet, she kissed back, welcoming another day of her life with a new relationship.

Nayoung would've been the hopeless romantic, aspiring to learn Chinese to go to China and find Sungso. It was different. Sungso csme back from China and debuted of her aspiration to get her back. Instead, she meets a gorgeous Chinese tutor, had a wonderful time in their sessions and fell in love with her.

Such a twist. Who knew they'd do the craziest things when in love?

+++

Gong Xi Fa Cai, everyone. This is my special Lunar New Year story. Such timing, though. But I do apologize for not posting yesterday. Sleep was never in my favor, so did my body and mind.

Anyways, let me establish . One, REQUESTS ARE OFF. Two, I'll do my best to finish all stories by then. Three, lovelots from asahdako.