The Swimming Ostrich (Chaeyeon • Kyulkyung)

Remember

Characters: Jung Chaeyeon, Joo Kyulkyung

Requested by: blessyfnp

Title: The Swimming Ostrich

+++

Ostriches are the one of the largest birds to ever set foot on Earth. They're flightless and they run like horses and they can put their heads in the ground and they can withstand their breathing.

But a swimming ostrich? It was the rarest of its kind. It originated in Zhejiang Province of China and is now relocated in a swimming school in Seoul. 

By ostrich we mean a beautiful girl. With a beautiful girl we mean Zhou Jieqiong, commonly known by her friends as Joo Kyulkyung.

"Kyulkyung-ah!" Her friend, Sejeong, waved.

Kyulkyung greeted with an identical smile as she hi-fived her friend and they share their hugs.

"How've you been?" Sejeong asked.

"Great. Although, I need a bit more practice on my butterfly ." Kyulkyung said.

"Cool." Sejeong gave thumbs-up. "I heard we're having a new swimming teacher.

"You don't say?!" The two turned around to see Mina. "I heard she's gorgeous."

"Save your admiration, Kang Mina." Sejeong said, sticking a tongue. "You have Sohye to being with."

"Of course I do." Mina said, pulling a timid girl and holding her waist. "I dated her for a reason."

"You only dated me because you want me to treat you food." Sohye batted.

"Aw, come on, baby. I love you..." Mina cooed, making a kissy face at Sohye.

"For the love of , get a room." Sejeong batted.

Mina stuck a tongue at Sejeong and Sohye laughed. The two lovebirds went to the shower room as Sejeong sighed of those two idiots called kids. "Mind them, Kyulkyung."

"I don't. It's actually cute." Kyulkyung said. "Anyways, how are you and Nayoung?"

"She's still the Stone Buddha." Sejeong grinned. "I'm excited to see her in a bathing suit." 

"ert." Kyulkyung mumbled. "And it's not a bathing suit. It's just a one-piece."

"All the same. What matters is I see her s and , plus the long y legs."

Kyulkyung threw a makeshift paper at Sejeong. The whistle was heard as Sejeong and Kyulkyung gathered around, together with Mina, Sohye, Nayoung,and four other swimmers. Their former teacher, Chungha, was sitting by the lifeguard's post, a megaphone on her hand.

They could admire Chungha at that spot. She was as old as Sejeong and graduated college early, education, major in physical education. She was actually a teacher in PE specialized in dance but was transferred to the swimming team for some reason.

"Good morning, kids." She spoke professionally despite her impression of being short like a kid and the .

"Morning, teacher." Everyone greeted.

"As you all know, I, as your swimming teacher, had been promoted as an administrator of PE classes so...I won't be your teacher anymore." Chungha spoke through the megaphone.

Everyone whined, especially Sejeong. Kyulkyung chuckled out of bemusement for she knew Sejeong would miss Chungha because of her y body. Sohye and the other chidren whined because Chungha was their favorite swimming teacher.

"Okay, enough with the baby ." Chungha spoke as everyone laughed. "You'll have a new teacher. And if you're curious of her age, she's younger than Sejeong here and older than Kyulkyung."

We gasped, with Yeunjung gasping louder than Chungha using a megaphone. Sejeong and Kyulkyung couldn't believe their teacher was almost as old as them, just like Chungha. With that, they grew more curious.

"Okay, Chaeyeon. Come on out." Chungha spoke.

A woman wearing a red sleeveless shirt and blue shorts csme out of the shower room. Everyone wowed of the woman's beauty. Sejeong wooed, all while checking out the girl's y and toned body. And Kyulkyung? She felt love at first sight.

"Chaeyeon here is a veteran swimmer. She participated in swimming competitions and participated in the SEA Games." Chungha gave an introduction. "If you're wondering how is she a teacher now, she graduated in college last year. She's just like me, an advanced graduate."

Sejeong gasped. She was a third year college student. She look at her girlfriend by the side and she gasped too, knowing she was a graduating student. Kyulkyung wowed of the woman as Chungha gave the megaphone to her.

"Uhh... hello, everyone. I'm Jung Chaeyeon, a graduate in this university and I will be your new teacher in swimming class. I heard from Chungha-unnie that you're such wonderful students. I am excited to teach you and be with you for the rest of the school year. Nice to meet you all."

 Everyone greeted. For the dongsaeng line, they were obliged to meet Chaeyeon. For Sejeong, she got herself a new woman to herself on. And for Kyulkyung, she got herself a faculty crush.

---

School was always in the right girls' favors. Being top notchers in their respective school years in college, they can have priority in swimming. As of this time, Doyeon was ready to dive as Chaeyeon signalled, blowing one big whistle.

With Doyeon's body structure, she was assigned to do the butterfly . Kyulkyung and Sejeong watch in admiration of the girl's long figure in the water as she swam.

"Doyeon's body is so lit." Sejeong spoke ally.

"Buzz off, unnie." Yeunjung scowled. "She's my girlfriend."

Kyulkyung and Mina wooed as Sejeong lowered her head like the idiotic Ahjusshi she was. Doyeon managed to finish, huffing.

"Good job, Doyeon." Chaeyeon came closer as she helped her up the pool. "But work on the and your endurance, okay?"

"Ne." Doyeon nodded.

Doyeon went to the benches as Yeunjung got her a towel. Doyeon thanked her girlfriend, stealing a peck on her forehead as she sat. It was Yeunjung's turn and she will do the back .

Doyeon was supporting her. Yeunjung was soaked in the pool, holding the rails as she waits for the signal. Kyulkyung cheered and her gaze focused on the teacher, making her blush.

"Are you admiring your crush again?" Sejeong whispered. "Damn, Kyulkyung, you must've been ogling."

Yeunjung did her , looking up the sky as she does her best, especially with her positioning. Kyulkyung wowed of what Yeunjung can do as she finished with a cuss. Chaeyeon went to her saying. "It's okay. You might want to use those kickboards and paddles during training."

"Sure, teacher." Yeunjung gave a thumbs-up.

Yeunjung went to Doyeon as the tall girl wrapped a towel around her and stole a kiss on her cheek. Kyulkyung ogled but then her eyes went involuntary as she looked at the teacher.

"Hey, are you looking at Chaeyeon-nim again. , you're ing on her!" Sejeong cooed.

"No, I'm not." Kyulkyung defended. "If I was, I'll only on her, unlike you who s on any girl. Like how did the Nayoung date you?"

"She loves me." Sejeong winked.

"No. Sejeong had a crush on me." Nayoung came into view as Sejeong almost drooled on how y Nayoung looked. "Thank God I like funny girls like her."

"She's not funny. She's erted and retarded." Kyulkyung snapped. "You better get your girlfriend out of control, unnie."

"Oh, I will. I will make sure Sejeong will ONLY idolize this body and no one else's." Nayoung got up and pulled Sejeong to sit next to her, putting Sejeong's hand over her .

Sejeong laughed as her hand squished those rear melons. The other dongsaengs averted their eyes, focusing on Mina doing strokes. Kyulkyung could hear Sohye cheer as she noticed Chaeyeon smile...then that smile averted at her.

Kyulkyung pointed to herself as Chaeyeon nodded, waving at her. Kyulkyung giggled, waving back. Chaeyeon smiled at her one last time before turning to attention on Mina, who has finished as she spat excess water on the sink then coming back for her teacher's comments.

"I can see some excess trims of hair by your chest. Get that shaved, okay? Your swimming was a bit draggy."

"Noted, Chaeyeon-nim." Mina saluted.

Mina finished as she pounced on Sohye, kissing her cheek before slapping her to get up for the freestyles.

Of the swimmers, Sohye was the one to learn all basically. In terms of endurance, she was the weakest swimmer. So, to prevent any disclosure on her incompetence in some areas of the sport, she was assigned to do freestyles.

Sohye huffed as she got into position. Mina and the rest were cheering her on as Chaeyeon blew the whistle. Sohye dove gracefully as she swam. Kyulkyung and Sejeong cooed as she swam like a shark and even complimented her of her butterfly , looking like a flying penguin. Sohye did her best and finished well, getting applauds from her teammates and a big woo from Mina.

"Nice job, Sohye." Chaeyeon clapped. "Your are good but the time." Chaeyeon showed Sohye her time and the girl gasped. "Practice more in your speed. You must work through your intervals."

Sohye nodded and went back. Kyulkyung would've guessed it would be her turn but Somi, Sejeong, Nayoung, and Yoojung came in.

"So, according to the University Swimming Federation, the medleys are divided to individual and relay. For the relay, I've chosen Somi, Yoojung, Nayoung, and Sejeong."

Kyulkyung gasped. Usually, in Chungha's time as the teacher, she was assigned to the relay because she was good in strokes, like Mina. Somi would be in the individual medley because of her experience as a swimmer, participating in the SEA Games preliminary.

Kyulkyung could only gasp. She only mastered one . Why would Chaeyeon assign her?

"Uh, Chaeyeon-nim...there's gotta be a mistake. Somi is usually the contestant for individual medley. You should recommend her. She had won many competitions." Kyulkyung reasoned.

"That's in Chungha's line of teaching. Now, in my era, there will be changes. And like I said earlier, you and Somi will switch." Chaeyeon reasoned back.

"But I only master strokes." Kyulkyung reasoned again.

"That's not a reasonable excuse, Kyulkyung." Chaeyeon spoke with authority. "I'm here, aren't I? To teach you-no-all of you? A teacher has instinct and believes on her students' potential. I, for one, believe you can do this."

Kyulkyung never thought her crush would say that to her, she lowered her head, blushing hard as she heard Sejeong coo at her lightly. 

"Alright. Consider that final." Chaeyeon said before facing the four swimmers for medley relay. "You four will go first, then Kyulkyung."

Somi, Nayoung, Sejeong, and Yoojung, got to their positions. Kyulkyung sighed, sitting by the sides to wait for her turn, watching the four do the relay.

---

Kyulkyung got her turn as she swam, doing her best to do all four . She finished too late, getting a worried look from her teammates and a look of disappointment from Chaeyeon.

"Wow. You were right. You only do know strokes." Chaeyeon said, getting Kyulkyung up.

"So...will you reconsider, Chaeyeon-nim?" Kyulkyung asked.

"No. You will still be the contestant for the individual medley." Chaeyeon said. "For the rest of you, call it a day. Kyulkyung, you stay and train with me."

Kyulkyung almost cursed as she watches her fellow swimmers leave, getting a coo from Sejeong, making Kyulkyung more annoyed. As they were gone, Chaeyeon instructs her as Kyulkyung got into the pool, practicing backstrokes first. 

Kyulkyung would've followed Sejeong's thinking that this was the best opportunity to get close to her crush. But now, she feels awkward, her thinking switched to a thought of finishing this session and go home.

Eventually, she managed to do good enough for Chaeyeon to think it was fine, not as excellent as she expected. Nonetheless, the session was over. Kyulkyung excused herself to go to the shower rooms to change. 

*minutes later*

Kyulkyung was changed onto her uniform. She sighed and wondered where her teacher was. She called her and gasped when she felt a hand holding hers. 

"Omo-Chaeyeon-nim!" Kyulkyung shrieked.

"Sorry if I frightened you." Chaeyeon said, already changed on her PE teacher's uniform. "Shall we go now?"

Kyulkyung would've thought she'd be walking alone. But nah. She decided to walk with her teacher anyways.

---

Another session was occurring in this day. The nine swimmers were doing their drills and Chaeyeon leads them and instructs them.

They swam together in each of the sectors of the pool then worked in pairs. Mina was helping Sohye with her strokes, Doyeon and Yeunjung did some backstrokes, Somi and Yoojung were going to the sea just close to the school for the open competition, Sejeong and Nayoung helped each other for the relays as Kyulkyung just practiced her butterfly alone.

Little did the ostrich know, someone has helped her as she felt hands by her stomach. "Okay. Align your body like this."

Chaeyeon was already joining the class as she taught Kyulkyung. Sejeong nudged Nayoung lightly as they resume practicing. Kyulkyung could almost hurl of embarrassment and admiration. She never thought her teacher/crush would hold her like that.

"Okay, do your with this position." Chaeyeon instructs.

Kyulkyung nodded and did what her teacher said. They continued their practices for a long time and just like any other day, it ends.

The eight other swimmers were already leaving. Kyulkyung is left again as Chaeyeon and her have their practices. It was heaven because Kyulkyung gets to see her crush. It was like hell because she had to face the sweet torture of not getting all mushy in front of her teacher.

The lessons were the usual but the difference is that they finished quickly with greater progress. Kyulkyung would excuse herself first as she would shower and hastily change to go home.

"Where are you going, Kyulkyung?" Her teacher would ask. "Can you wait for me?"

How could the ostrich say no to that? Kyulkyung just nodded as Chaeyeon went to shower and change. After Chaeyeon finished, she and Kyulkyung went home together.

"Uh... Chaeyeon-nim?" Kyulkyung asked.

"Yes, Kyulkyung?" Chaeyeon asked back.

"I hate it break it to you but...of all the swimmers you teach, why do you always let me leave for practice sessions?"

"Because I'm incapable of leaving you alone for you see...there's something about you that I like." Chaeyeon said.

Kyulkyung felt her heart best fast. She felt like riding a unicorn as Chaeyeon smiled, holding her hand. "Let's eat dinner."

"Lead the way," said Kyulkyung.

Chaeyeon nodded and she and Kyulkyung walked together.

Kyulkyung wa happy. Who knew that swimming ostrich scored her first attempt with her gorgeous teacher, Chaeyeon?

+++

Mind me for this update. I had to rush because I'm super tired. 

See ya guys. Lovelots from asahdako.