For You (Chaeyeon • Kyulkyung)

Remember

Characters: Jung Chaeyeon, Joo Kyulkyung

Requested by: Buning2004

Title: For You

+++

Chaeyeon-unnie was at the veranda, studying. Fangirls of the Zhou twins eyed her like she was a plague that needs to be disposed. One of them went closer towards her and threw the book she was reading.

"What's your problem?!" Chaeyeon yelled, getting her book back.

"You're the problem, Jung Chaeyeon!" One of them yelled back. "I heard you hanging around with GodSejeong and The Great Zhou. Who are you so special to hang out with them, huh??"

Chaeyeon cussed as she decided to study somewhere else. Chaeyeon got her things and averted herself from the es when they cornered her. Chaeyeon didn't have any time to argue. "Yah, can you move out of the way?"

"Why would we?" One of them asked as they corner her again. 

Chaeyeon was getting pissed. She made the motion to take off her glasses when...

"Yah!" Everyone looked to the side and saw Kyulkyung. "What the are you girls doing cornering her? Let her go!"

The girls grew scared and obeyed her. Kyulkyung motions them to get lost and they ran like . Chaeyeon gazed at Kyulkyung, her conscience getting heavy and her heart beating quickly.

Kyulkyung sighed and asked. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Thank you." Chaeyeon answered as she bowed lightly. "A-Although I could've handled it myself."

"By doing what? Taking off your glasses, they get shocked and they will be all over you just like what Sejeong and I experience?" Kyulkyung asked as she went closer. "No one will see that beautiful you. Disregard what I said before. Only I can see that. Understand?"

"Yes." Chaeyeon nodded.

Kyulkyung looked around, seeing no one. Kyulkyung went closer again as her hand reached for Chaeyeon's shoulder, patting it. Chaeyeon gulped of the contact but she regains her composure. 

"I'm sorry that Sejeong and I fought. That won't happen again." Kyulkyung said.

"It's fine. I know you'd reconcile. You're twins." Chaeyeon said.

Kyulkyung nodded. She lets go and decided to leave the girl to study in peace. "I might've wasted your time again. You may go back and study now."

"Wait." Chaeyeon spoke as Kyulkyung was about leave, making the Great Zhou stop. "Can we talk for a moment?"

"Go." Kyulkyung said.

"How are your grades?" Chaeyeon asked.

"They're good. I got a B." Kyulkyung asked. "But Mama aspires for me to get an A+...and she told me you'd tutor me again. But I told her you'd be busy so -"

"I'd love to, Kyulkyung. Same day, same time and same place?" Chaeyeon batted.

Kyulkyung was shocked of Chaeyeon. She was still down of their relationship as friends but somehow, she was happy. "Really?"

"Yeah." Chaeyeon smiled.

"Okay. I'll tell Mama about it. And...you should go back to studying." Kyulkyung said.

Chaeyeon couldn't argue as she left towards the library. Kyulkyung looked back at Chaeyeon and her hopes went up again. With that, she tries to win Chaeyeon back again.

---

At the Zhou residence, Chaeyeon came back to being Kyulkyung's tutor. The mother of the Zhou twins was delighted to see Chaeyeon again, just as much as Sejeong and Kyulkyung were.

"I leave our gorgeous guest at our care, alright you two?" 

"Yes, Mama." The twins nodded.

"Jieqiong, do even better. Get that A+." Her mother said as she went to kiss the foreheads of her girls.

"Yes." Kyulkyung nodded as their mother left.

As the door closed, Sejeong slumped on the couch. Kyulkyung and Chaeyeon chuckled of the Ahjusshi.

"Someone's happy." Kyulkyung chuckled.

"Aigoo, you two. Go and do the tutorials." Sejeong said, shooing them off. "If you're wondering, I'm happy. Mama said it's fine for me to hang out."

"Lucky you. You get to party." Kyulkyung mumbled.

"You can join me after you get that A+ and get into a relationship with each other." Sejeong said.

Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung coughed lightly. Chaeyeon broke the tension by pulling Kyulkyung towards the room for the tutorials. Sejeong watched the two go up and she smiled.

She hoped for them to finally settle their emotions for each other and that they date each other.

---

Kyulkyung couldn't be happier. She felt happy experiencing another session with Chaeyeon. In a similar way, just like their previous sessions, the tension was gone. Chaeyeon taught her smoothly. Not only that, she grew sociable and less timid. But what sparked Kyulkyung's eyes was Chaeyeon herself. She had gone more gorgeous than last time.

"Alright, Kyulkyung. Enough with the ogling. Let's have a review." Chaeyeon said.

Kyulkyung came back to reality as Chaeyeon sat on the other end, passing her a reviewer. Kyulkyung was focusing this time, answering Chaeyeon's questions and asking for every clarification. Chaeyeon saw Kyulkyung's progress and she was very impressed.

As they finish, Chaeyeon stacked her papers neatly as she paces them in her folder. Kyulkyung's mood changed as Chaeyeon was ready to go.

"You're leaving?" Kyulkyung asked sadly.

"I have to study." Chaeyeon said. 

"Let's study together right here." Kyulkyung suggested.

"Nayoung and Chungha will be with me. We're studying at the library." Chaeyeon said.

Kyulkyung nodded. Chaeyeon saw the look on her face and she didn't like it. Chaeyeon sighed and sat back down. Then, she held Kyulkyung's hand.

Kyulkyung felt her heart beat fast. Chaeyeon felt the same. Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung faced at their interlocked hands then at each other. Chaeyeon gulped as she lets go when Kyulkyung held it again.

"What is it, Chaeyeon?" Kyulkyung asked, sending that Chaeyeon wanted to say something.

"Do you know how utterly impressed I am for your commitment in this tutorial? With that, I decide to let you have your sweetener." Chaeyeon said. "How about...after a tutorial, we'll go out, just like a regular couple. Dinner...movie...library work...whatever you want."

"Can we do it at school?" Kyulkyung asked. "I need to clarify. I don't want you to feel bad or something."

"Whatever you want." Chaeyeon said.

Kyulkyung couldn't be happier. But then, she felt something was off. She lets go of Chaeyeon's hand and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Chaeyeon asked.

"You're doing this out of pity, right?" Kyulkyung asked and Chaeyeon was taken aback.

"Kyulkyung..."

"Come on. You don't like me. You said so yourself. There's no way you'd like me. I mean...who am I for you to like me? I may be popular but I'm dumb. I'm not like Sejeong. So tell me...why?" Kyulkyung spoke.

Chaeyeon knew it would come soon enough. Kyulkyung was right. She said so herself. But then, she sighed and held back. "Why would I like a person out of pity? That's not liking a person at all."

Kyulkyung's eyes dilated. She looked at Chaeyeon's hold, all tender and warm. Kyulkyung watched Chaeyeon getting up to leave.

"Chaeyeon." Kyulkyung stood up and faced her. "Are you saying..."

"Kyulkyung. I can't say it's official but...I'm starting to like you..." Chaeyeon confessed.

Kyulkyung felt angels by her head. She looked at Chaeyeon growing timid again. Kyulkyung calms her down, a hand reaching towards Chaeyeon's glasses as she takes them off, seeing a beautiful woman only she had the privilege to see.

Kyulkyung held her cheek. Chaeyeon blushed lightly and her face turned red when she felt lips on her cheek. Chaeyeon gulped as she felt her heart beat out of her chest. Kyulkyung broke and held Chaeyeon's hand again.

"Chaeyeon...I will do my best." Kyulkyung said. "I will do my best in school and in this relationship of ours. I'm going to make it work to win you. No matter what..."

"I know you would." Chaeyeon chuckled.

"Can we go out now?" Kyulkyung asked.

"We could...but I have to..." Chaeyeon reminded her of the library study. "...but how about later?"

"Sure." Kyulkyung smiles.

---

At school, Chaeyeon had her will back. As she faces those es, she shrugged them off. Whenever she saw Sejeong, she says hi and interacts. And when she sees Kyulkyung, she pays attention and listens.

"Chaeyeon, how do you do this?" Kyulkyung asked about an equation.

Chaeyeon stands up and helps her. Kyulkyung nodded as she listens to key terms as the rest of her classmates couldn't believe of their interaction. They respected the two, especially Nayoung and Chungha.

After their classes, Kyulkyung would catch up Chaeyeon. The es couldn't bother fighting her off because of Kyulkyung so, they made peace and hung out like real friends.

They ate in a restaurant. Chaeyeon was shocked of this unplanned hangout but she lets Kyulkyung do her thing. They did have a session of tutorials at the classroom and she promised they'd do something together after every session. Also, Kyulkyung was progressing with her studies.

"This is a fancy restaurant." Chaeyeon wowed of the place.

"It looks fancy but it's actually cheap. Some of our fellow students come here to eat. It serves the best ddeokbokki." Kyulkyung gave a thumbs-up.

Chaeyeon could nod. Kyulkyung and her had gone silent. Kyulkyung thought of something to break the ice.

"Chaeyeon, may I ask. Do you really wear glasses?"

"Technically, I do." Chaeyeon answered. "Why?"

"Will it be okay if you wear contacts?" Kyulkyung asked.

"It could be fine but it takes me everyday to get the lens off. Also, it needs proper hygiene. It not that hard to maintain but I get tired." Chaeyeon said, adding a pout.

Kyulkyung gulped. Chaeyeon looked cute. Later, the food came. The both of them ate and talked to pass the time. As they got out, Chaeyeon faced Kyulkyung. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Kyulkyung said.

"Study hard. The exams are fast approaching." Chaeyeon advised.

"Yes, ma'am." Kyulkyung salutes.

*chu*

Chaeyeon smiled at Kyulkyung before going to the bus stop. Kyulkyung smiled, holding her cheek where Chaeyeon gave a peck and felt happy.

---

Exams were like hell. For Kyulkyung, she was eager to get an A+ after all Chaeyeon put through to teach her. At the time, she was looking for Chaeyeon and ask her out for some coffee.

She saw the girl inside the comfort room. She was at the mirror, looking at herself. Kyulkyung gulped as Chaeyeon took off her glasses. Kyulkyung gulped again. Chaeyeon was just so beautiful.

"Yah." Kyulkyung called and Chaeyeon hastily puts her glasses on. "Don't you dare take off your glasses and let anyone see that face. I warned you."

"I know." Chaeyeon smiled. "Only you can see this side of me."

Kyulkyung nodded. She went to the door and locked it, leaving Chaeyeon gasping. "Kyulkyung, what are you doing?"

Kyulkyung went closer, getting rid of Chaeyeon's glasses again and seeing her beautiful face. Chaeyeon may not see very well but with the distance, she saw Kyulkyung clearly. Kyulkyung gulped as she cups Chaeyeon's face.

"You're so beautiful." Kyulkyung said, blushing. "And you know, I really like you."

Chaeyeon could only smile, making Kyulkyung fall for her even more. Chaeyeon wouldn't admit before because Kyulkyung was a badass but...she also found Kyulkyung pretty. Chaeyeon reaches a hand to Kyulkyung's face as she caressed it.

"Chaeyeon...what are you doing to me?" Kyulkyung asked.

Kyulkyung lost control as she inched to kiss her when Chaeyeon pushed her off lightly.

"Why not? Is it breaking boundaries? You still don't like me?" Kyulkyung asked.

"It's not that. I'm still not ready yet." Chaeyeon said.

Chaeyeon sighed, making her leave when Kyulkyung held her hand.

"Don't walk away." Kyulkyung said. "Please stay."

"I told you. I'm not ready yet. You'll know when it's time." Chaeyeon said.

"Can we negotiate?" Kyulkyung asked.

Chaeyeon went closer, touched Kyulkyung's neck and kissed her forehead. Chaeyeon went ahead and Kyulkyung still stayed inside the comfort room.

She sighed. But she was eager to win her even if it means waiting.

---

"First place, Jung Chaeyeon. Second place, Joo Kyulkyung and Lim Nayoung. Third, Kim Chungha. Congratulations!"

The class cheered. Kyulkyung's fangirls squealed of the Great Zhou earning an A+. Kyulkyung couldn't be happier of her rank, but not as much as cha in first place.

Later, Kyulkyung went to Chaeyeon's locker, watching her arrange her books. Kyulkyung pats her back as she greeted.

"Congratulations." Kyulkyung said.

"You too." Chaeyeon said. "I hope you maintain that." 

"Of course I will. I have you to tutor me." Kyulkyung smiles.

"I won't be tutoring you once you got a good grade. Also..." Chaeyeon faced Kyulkyung with a sad smile. "I won't be seeing you sometime."

"What?" Kyulkyung was confused. "What do you mean?"

"Kyulkyung." Chaeyeon said. "We won't have the tutorials anymore. You have proven yourself. You can handle school by yourself, just like Sejeong."

"But..." Kyulkyung spoke as she tears up lightly. "...we're still going out together someday, right?"

"We can...but not as much as today. I have a new student I need to tutor." Chaeyeon said.

"Can we still see each other?" Kyulkyung asked. 

"Yeah. We're classmates, Kyulkyung? Why are you so fed up about this? I'm not leaving or anything." Chaeyeon batted.

"That's because you're doing these tutorials with another student. And what the am I crying? I should be angry." Kyulkyung pouted and held Chaeyeon's arm. "Don't you dare show the new student how pretty you look."

"I know, I know...and I won't. Sheesh..." Chaeyeon huffed.

"Promise me." Kyulkyung said.

"I promise." Chaeyeon said.

"Chaeyeon?" Kyulkyung called. "Are we..."

Chaeyeon thought about that. Kyulkyung waited for an answer as she felt a kiss. It was Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung blushed hard as they broke. "We are."

Kyulkyung couldn't get happier. She hugs Chaeyeon tight. Chaeyeon hugged her back as she welcomes a new start being the Great Zhou's girlfriend.

Kyulkyung finally wins her...and she vows to do everything just for her...

+++

That ends the whole story of the Great Zhou and the nerd Chaeyeon. Thank you for reading. Lovelots from asahdako.