I Give My Love to You (Doyeon • Chaeyeon)

Remember

Characters: Jung Chaeyeon, Kim Doyeon

Requested by: IdealOfTrash

Title: I Give My Love to You

+++

The world was as usual as is should be. Despite of being a five-year old, I was aware of that. From comments of looking an eight-year old due to my height and to the likes of having loved ones by your side, my world couldn't be happier.

It always has, especially when I'm with Chaeyeon-unnie.

"Doyeonnie~" She waved at me, showing me her beautiful and innocent smile. "Let's play~"

I nodded and joined with the other children as we play tag. 

I was good at this. I was with Kyulkyung-unnie, Sohye, Yeunjung, Yoojung, and Mina. I wasn't caught quickly like Sohye or Chaeyeon-unnie. It was so fun I thought Mina was going to pass out in running a lot.

"Slow down, Kim Doyeon." Mina huffed. "Alright. You lost me. You won. Jeez..."

I laughed. We checked the sky so we're going to call it a day before our parents coild scold us. Kyulkyung-unnie and Mina went to one junction, Yoojung, Sohye and Yeunjung on the other. For Chaeyeon-unnie and I, we went to the main road since we were neighbors.

I was walking casually when I felt a hand stopping me. I looked at Chaeyeon-unnie and she gave me that worried look as she got a towel and wiped my forehead. "Why didn't you bring an extra shirt?"

"Look who's talking, unnie. None of us got to change." I said.

"All the same." Chaeyeon-unnie said, wiping my forehead.

I just nodded and waited as Chaeyeon-unnie finished wiping the sweat off of my face. She lets out a chuckle and I wonder of it.

"You're really tall, Doyeon...for a five-year old." She giggled. "Even Yoojung couldn't reach you."

"Well...me and my vitamins, unnie." I commented.

Chaeyeon-unnie giggled as she grabbed my hand. "Come on. Let's go home."

I nodded as I followed her.

---

"Unnie, where are we going?" I wonder as Chaeyeon-unnie pulled me and I had to work on some short steps despite of my long legs.

"By the home economics room. I need your help with something." Chaeyeon-unnie said.

It was another day in school. I was a first grader whereas Chaeyeon-unnie's in the third grade. For today, I'm still wondering why Chaeyeon-unnie was dragging me.

"Seriously, unnie. Where are we going?" I asked.

"On an adventure." Chaeyeon-unnie said, her voice all majestic.

"Yah, unnie. I'm no baby anymore. I'm like seven years old." I batted.

"That's the thing." Chaeyeon-unnie stopped as she pinched my cheeks. "You're my best friend...my baby that I want to take care of."

"You were seven years old and you didn't get treated with baby talk." I pouted.

"That's because I'm the eldest of our circle of friends." Chaeyeon-unnie winked. "Now come on and help me bake this."

I just nodded and helped Chaeyeon-unnie whip up a cake. We didn't finish later than expected and we got the cake all packed up.

"What's with the cake, unnie?" I asked.

As she finished putting both cakes in a box, Chaeyeon-unnie carried them and sort-of handed them to me.

"For you, Doyeonnie." She said.

"What for?" I asked.

"For the being the bestest friend I could ever have." Chaeyeon-unnie said.

"Unnie..." I was shocked as I accept those cakes. "This is..."

"Please accept them." Chaeyeon-unnie gleamed. "I hope you like them."

"How could I not, unnie? Thank you." I said, putting the boxes on the counter as I hugged her.

I felt Chaeyeon-unnie hug me back even tighter. Then, a beat pumped onto my chest. I gulped. Am I...am I having these feelings??

---

I was by the veranda of the school, watching the fifth graders do their relays. Chaeyeon-unnie was there and I would always support her from a distance.

"What are you doing here?" I gasped as I heard Sohye.

"Nothing." I said.

"Yeah, right." Sohye said as she sat next to me. "You're watching Chaeyeon-unnie again."

"Alright. You got me." I said, raising my hands as if it was a hold-up.

"Well, you two are best friends." Sohye shrugged. "Which reminds me...are you...having feelings towards her?"

"What are you talking about, Penguin?" I chuckled. "We're best friends."

"But that could develop, Doyeon. You'll never know." Sohye shrugged.

"Yah, Penguin!" We jolted our heads to the side as we saw Mina. "Come on! Let's go out and eat!"

Sohye excused herself as she went with Mina. Look who's talking. I even bet Sohye has feelings for Mina. They're like bread and butter all throughout the years. If it's true, then I'm going to ask Sohye to treat me.

As I thought of what Sohye said about having feelings for Chaeyeon-unnie, that actually hit me. No wonder I've been feeling those heartbeats everytime we were together. With that, I jolted up and went to the field to see her.

As I got there, something happened. Chaeyeon-unnie got mocked by down students as she was wet with cold water. And what made my blood boil was that her bra was almost seen.

I made the motion and punched the girl that . "What the did you do, you ?!!"

"Doyeonnie, stop!" Chaeyeon-unnie stopped me.

I didn't. I shoved Chaeyeon-unnie off of myself and continued to rage on the fifth grader that mocked Chaeyeon-unnie. the superiority and the formalities. If anyone deals with Chaeyeon-unnie, I make sure to protect her.

"Stop, Doyeonnie..." I gulped as Chaeyeon-unnie gave me that soft tone.

A teacher came and I had to stop. I was thankful to some unnies who backed up Chaeyeon-unnie and in the end, that culprit was sent to the principal's office. I sighed, facing Chaeyeon-unnie as I held her hand and we walked. "Come on, unnie. Let's get you cleaned and dried up."

---

I got a new set of clothes for Chaeyeon-unnie as she changes in the infirmary. I had to let us come here since it was the teacher's orders. I was sitting by the couch as Chaeyeon-unnie got out of the bathroom, already clean and dry.

I was relieved. But then, she gave me the worried look, in which I returned with a questionable look. "What is it, unnie?"

"You shouldn't have done that." Chaeyeon-unnie said as she went closer, a cotton ball of antiseptic on her hand. "Now look what happened. You got a cut on your left cheek and lip."

I shrugged those petty wounds. But Chaeyeon-unnie was still persistent as she dabs it on my wounds. I winced lightly of the contact so she does it softly. I sighed as I let her mend my wounds.

"Those es were bullying you. You think I'd let that slip?" I asked.

"Doyeonnie-"

"I'm your best friend. Despite of the , I need to be there for you too." I said.

Chaeyeon-unnie just sighed and puts a bandage by my cheek. I thanked her for that and fidgeted when she kissed the wound by my lip.

"Thanks you for defending me." Chaeyeon-unnie said as she hugged me. "But please don't get involved in a fight again. I hate it when someone hurts you."

I sighed and nodded. Chaeyeon-unnie was still hugging me and I just hug her back.

That confirms my liking towards Chaeyeon-unnie as more than a friend. That's why, I need to step up.

---

I was at the classroom, contemplating a lot of things. Then, Sohye came to me and wondered of my look.

"You were right about developing feelings, Sohye. I like Chaeyeon-unnie." I snickered.

"It's obvious." Sohye said and my eyes dilated. "That's why I want to inform you that the sixth graders are having this homecoming party before graduation. She's gotta find a partner somehow so maybe she'll ask you out and there goes your chance to confess your feelings."

"What the -how did you..."

"I just do." Sohye shrugged.

That thought hit me. I checked the time. It was already 5:30 P.M. and Chaeyeon-unnie's classes would be done now. I huffed and made the motion to call her.

"Chaeyeon-unnie?"

"Doyeonnie~" She answered. "Thank goodness you called. I got something to tell you."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Would you go to the homecoming with me?" She asked.

I flipped out silently. Sohye was with Mina and Yeunjung as they wonder what's happening to me. I gave Sohye the signal as she squealed and shared it to the two. I huffed and went back to Chaeyeon-unnie's attention. "Why me, unnie?"

Sohye gave me a 'WTF' look. I shrugged as I had to make sure.

"Well...you're the only one I can ask out. And besides, I want to spend the homecoming with my best friend." She answered.

"I'd love to, unnie." I said right away.

"Great! Thanks, Doyeonnie~" She said and hung up.

Oh my gosh! I put my phone and plastered the biggest smile I could do. Sohye, Mina, and Yeunjung teased me and I couldn't help but smile.

This is my chance. I hope I can do it right and finally confess to Chaeyeon-unnie that I like her.

---

I got myself ready as Chaeyeon-unnie chuckled of my dorky side. . Come on, Doyeon. Focus.

"Hey. Let me do that for you." She said, fixing my ribbon. "I owe you one for doing this for me."

"Sure, unnie. Anything for you." I said, smiling.

She smiled back. We both held hands and went inside the gymnasium where the homecoming was. There were many sixth graders and even some fellow fourth graders.

The party wasn't that much fun but I did have a wonderful time because Chaeyeon-unnie was there. We had talks, joined the games, and even danced with the other pupils. A slow song was played and I watched some pupils dance to it. Some had gotten awkward and some had gone intimate. I didn't know what to do but I felt Chaeyeon-unnie grab my hands as she wraps hers around my neck.

"It's just a dance. Come on." She said as she danced with me.

I nodded and we both danced to the music. I got some moves up my sleeves as I turn her around and held her close to me. She giggled as she wondered on how I danced so well.

"I got me some moves." I said.

"Come on. Let's go to the veranda." Chaeyeon-unnie said, grabbing my hand.

I nodded, following her. I could almost die in admiration for this event. Nonetheless, I went with her as we got to the veranda, seeing the moon and the stars in the sky.

"Wow." I heard Chaeyeon-unnie react as she got closer. "They're so beautiful."

"Just like you." I said.

Chaeyeon-unnie chuckled as she jabs my arm lightly. "Stop joking."

"I'm not." I shrugged.

Come on, Doyeon. Try again. I sighed and inched closet to her side. I wrapped an arm around her waist and she wonders again.

"Excuse me, Doyeon...you seem... clingier than usual." Chaeyeon-unnie commented.

"Isn't it weird? We're best friends, right?" I asked.

She just nodded. I sighed I relief as I continue to hug her. Okay, that was another ed up part of this whole confession thing. I slapped my conscience and try again.

"Chaeyeon-unnie?" I let go of Chaeyeon-unnie and saw Kyulkyung-unnie, a fifth grader.

"Hey, Kyulkyung. What is it?" She asked her.

"Will you dance with me?" She asked.

My eyes dilated. I held onto Chaeyeon-unnie's hand as she looked at me, sighing. "It's just a dance, Doyeonnie."

I sighed and let her go as she goes off with a fifth grader. I cussed as I put a hand on my forehead. Somehow, I couldn't control as I went inside and followed them.

I got to the dance floor and saw Chaeyeon-unnie dance with Kyulkyung-unnie. And it triggered me as Kyulkyung-unnie held onto Chaeyeon-unnie's waist.

I got jealous. I went closer to them and held Chaeyeon-unnie's hand, shoving it off of Kyulkyung-unnie's grasp.

"Doyeon, what are you-"

"Mind if I borrow my best friend for a moment, unnie?" I asked.

Kyulkyung-unnie didn't mind and I was thankful. I sighed as I continued to pull her when she forced herself out of me. 

"What was that, Doyeon?" She asked. "You're acting weird today."

I didn't say anything as I hugged her. I felt her push me off and she yelped, forcing myself to let her go. I saw Chaeyeon-unnie already pissed.

"Can you just please tell me what the 's going on with you? What's with the act?"

"I like you, unnie!" I yelped and she gasped while I covered my mouth. "I like you. I really like like you. When you gave me those boxes of cakes and as I thought of those moments we share as best friends, it made me think to really love you more than a friend. I don't know why...but...I NEVER  FELT THIS WAY AND I THINK WE SHOULD BE TOGETHER."

. I gulped and lowered my head. I was screwed with this. Although I was predicting it would happen, I had my hopes up. I hope she accepts me.

I felt a hand by my head as I looked up and saw Chaeyeon-unnie giving me a smile...a sad smile.

No way...I hope not...

"Doyeonnie, no..." She shook her head. "I can't. Our relationship as best friends is enough, okay?"

Why do my predictions have to be this accurate? But I wasn't giving up. I try to convince her again. "Come on, unnie. Let me piece myself. I'm a decent person for your tastes, right?"

"You are, Doyeonnie." She said. "But...there would be circumstances...and I don't want this bond to break. I want to play it safe."

"Well, yeah. No. Duh! I'm sorry." I snickered. 

Chaeyeon-unnie sighed at me and patted my shoulder. "Hey...I'm so sorry. You'll find someone better than me. You'll see."

She left me at the veranda. I sighed, putting a hand on my forehead. Turns out this wonderful night ended like . 

"Screwed, eh?" I looked to the side and saw Sohye.

"What are you..." I mumbled.

"I was asked out by Suhyun-unnie. Mina's also here as she was asked out by Hyeri-unnie." Sohye said. "You did it?"

"Yeah...S for screwed. She even said 'you will see'." I snickered.

"Nice." Sohye joined me in remorse. "I'm really sorry, Doyeon."

"It's fine. I guess she only wants us to be friends." I huffed.

Yeah. Who knew I was ed up after this? There's nothing I can do. She wants us to be friends and it'll just stay that way.

 •••

It was my graduation in elementary. I was the first placer and I was so happy. I was congratulated by my family and friends, also with the staff and fellow officers. But I was actually waiting for someone.

I saw Sohye and decided to ask her. "Where's Doyeon?"

"She left afrer our moving ceremony, unnie." She answered. "She said she's tired."

I nodded, thanking her for answering. I went back to my parents as we celebrate. As we got to the car, I called Doyeon. 

"Come on...answer..." I mumbled as it rang.

It ended quickly. I wonder as I tried again. That's strange. She usually answers me all the time but now, she puts her calls down. 

I recall that night when I rejected her. Ever since that day, we didn't talk anymore. I see her and she justs passes me by. Maybe she's busy...but somehow...this distance is unsettling.

She can't cling onto the rejection forever. We're still friends...right?

---

*two years later*

I got an invitation to our alumni homecoming in elementary and I was happy to come. I was excited as I went to the freshman building until I realized something. Doyeon and I aren't in the same school.

"Unnie?" I saw Yeunjung. "Is that the invitation for the homecoming?"

"Yeah." I answered.

"And what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Looking for Doyeon." I mumbled.

"You know she's at the other side of the country, right unnie?" Yeunjung remarked. "Sohye, Mina, and her transferred there to finish high school."

"You didn't join them?" I wondered.

"I didn't because I got a scholarship here." Yeunjung answered. "I'll just text Doyeon of the event."

"Is this still her number?" I asked, showing the number I saved to Yeunjung.

"No. She changed her number. And as much as I love to give it to you, I can't." Yeunjung said.

"Why not? I'm her best friend." I defended.

"Well, did she give you authorization of getting her number from me or any of us? I hate to disrespect and throw a monkey wrench through the works here, but Doyeon seems to ignore you because you rejected her." Yeunjung said.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"She shared it to me and Sohye." Yeunjung said again. "Now you know, contemplate on it and realize that what you did just changed your life forever."

I didn't understand as Yeunjung walked away. I sighed and went back, my mind spinning of what she just said. As Doyeon filled my thoughts, my heart went heavy.

That thought didn't delete itself from my brain. But I reckon Doyeon would move on with that. But I never thought she was really true to those feelings. I wonder to why did I ignore them?

I had my reasons before. I didn't want to ruin our bond. I didn't want our friendship to be broken. I didn't want out relationship to not end well. But look what's happened. It was now a series of events that occurred in my thoughts.

But with that, I have to confront Doyeon at some point.

---

I got out of the school, ending another day. I got a bus back to our neighborhood. I got down the main road and walked on the narrow road back home.

As I got to the square, I saw kids bullying their fellow student. I gasped seeing such an act. I saw their uniform. They were junior high students. 

"You there!" I yelled, pointing to one of them. "Don't you hurt that student."

"Mind your business, unnie." One of them said.

"Don't you say that to your senior."

I gasped. A tall girl faced me and it hit me. I could cry. It was Doyeon. 

"Doyeonnie..."

"You know her, boss?" The first one asked.

"Yeah." Doyeon nodded. "Settle with the girl somewhere else. I'll catch up."

Her two classmates nodded and dragged the helpless girl somewhere else. I couldn't stand the sight as I went after them when Doyeon grabbed my arm. "Who says you're going after them?"

"But the kid... she's going to get hurt." I mumbled.

"Leave it." Doyeon said. "Just like how you left my confession to dust."

I was completely shocked. Is this the effect of my reject? Is this why Doyeon ignored me for years? How...how could the cheerful Doyeon turn into a delinquent?

"Doyeonnie..." I said, growing closer. "Doyeonnie...this isn't you."

"This is the Doyeon you still know." She said. "I just upgraded."

I could remember the tall five-year old Doyeon, all bright and cheerful. And then it all changed. She's towering me, looking ty on her uniform, and somehow...she looked y...

What the was I thinking?

"What are you looking at?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Doyeonnie, I'm so sorry..." I lost it and cried. "But this isn't you. Please...stop whatever you're doing and wrong and lets go back to being best friends."

"Go back?" Doyeon snickered. "It's the whole goddamn reason why I turned into the likes of this."

"Doyeonnie-"

"Stop." Doyeon huffed. "Just go home."

"Doyeonnie..." I called again.

" this." She hissed. "I'll just go meet my friends, then."

I was frozen, witnessing a different side of Kim Doyeon. I could only cry because it's my fault she turned that way.

I felt stupid. I thought rejecting her would make our friendship intact. Now, she drifts herself away from me.

---

Here I am at the school Doyeon studies. Yeunjung may not be decent in sharing but I was thankful she shared to me the details of the said school.

It looked prestigious. The juniors were kind enough to tour me around as I saw a familiar girl. "Sohye?"

"Chaeyeon-unnie!" The girl said excitedly. 

I went to her and we shared each other's hugs. I got to talk to her for a while and I was happy to see...

"Mina!" I cheered and hugged the cutie tight.

Mina was obliged to see me. I watch her hug Sohye and I got the gist. The two are dating.

"There you are!"

I moved my head to the side. I saw Doyeon. I gulped, feeling the beat of my chest growing louder.

"Chaeyeon-unnie? What are you doing here in our school?" Doyeon asked coldly.

"What's with the question?" Mina asked Doyeon. "Aren't you happy to see your best friend?"

"Oh, that's long gone, Mina." Doyeon smirked. "Mind if I talk to Chaeyeon-unnie alone?"

Mina wondered but we watched as Sohye grabbed her and they left us alone to talk. Doyeon and I sat down as she asked me like I need to be interrogated. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you." I answered, reaching to her hand.

She drove it away. I sighed and just sat there, talking. "Please reconcile with me."

"No." Doyeon said instantly. "If you came here to tell that to me, then leave this school immediately."

"Doyeonnie-"

"You're not calling me that again." Doyeon said, gritting her teeth.

"Doyeonnie... please..." I begged.

"No." She got up, putting a hand on her forehead, making her leave. 

I didn't stop. I went after her as I call her. I held her arm when she shoved it off and faced me. "Don't ing touch me!"

"Doyeonnie..."

"This is what you want, right? You want to make me think that my confession was just something to get over with. Well guess what, Chaeyeon-unnie? That confession messed me up...turning me into someone that I'm not!" Doyeon yelled.

"Doyeonnie..." I wept as I held her arms tight.

"Don't..." Doyeon teared up. "If you want to settle back to our friendship, don't. When I see you, I remember that reject and it's going to mess me up all over again. I...I can't do this anymore."

"Doyeonnie...I didn't realize. I'm so sorry..." I hugged her. "I thought it would ruin our friendship and break our bond. I rejected you because I was so scared of losing my best friend. I'm sorry I didn't realized this was the reason you don't talk to me anymore..."

It was all so clear now. I miss her. I never thought she'd like me. I was so blind with all of this but I see it now. I miss her and I want her back.

"Chaeyeon-unnie, don't..." Doyeon mumbled, still frozen as she doesn't hug me back. "Dont you dare do this to yourself. Just let go, alright? I'm not the one that you want. You said so."

"Doyeonnie...please don't hate me." I begged once more. "You're more than my best friend. You're everything that I want. I'm sorry if I fell in love with you too late..."

"No...this...this isn't right..." Doyeon sighed, already tearing up. "You can't now..."

"I don't care if you hate me or you've become a delinquent, I've fallen in love with you." I sniffled as I never let go of her.

"Chaeyeon-unnie...no...you can't love me..."  Doyeon huffed.

I cried. This is all my fault. How could I not give Doyeon a chance from the beginning? If I did, then this wouldn't have happened. Even though Doyeon would give me remarks, I can't give her up now. I can't lose my best friend and I can't lose my love...

"Chaeyeon-unnie...you need to leave." Doyeon said. 

"But-"

"Please..." Doyeon said again.

Sohye and Mina came back. Doyeon sighed as she wipes her tears away. "Sohye and Mina will take you back to your school."

I let go. Doyeon gives one pat on my head. I miss this feeling. But as her hands let go and I saw her walking away, I cried. 

"Sohye explained everything, unnie." Mina said. "I'm so sorry."

"You didn't mean to reject her, unnie." Sohye said. "How about we help you bring her back to you?"

I nodded. I followed Mina and Sohye outside as I thought of another phase of life without Doyeon. 

It may take time but I'm desperate to bring her back.

•••

I was at school, contemplating. Mina and Sohye were there, looking at me intently. I grew annoyed of their looks as I asked. "What?"

"How long do you even keep a grudge, Doyeon?" Mina asked me. "Didn't you see Chaeyeon-unnie's sincerity? She misses you so much."

"She had her reasons, Mina." I answered.

"And you're just going to let her slip away forever?" Sohye asked me this time.

"If you're wondering of this fiasco, then I'm sorry." I ranted. "The reject triggered me so bad. You know why? We've been friends since we were little. You were witnesses, right? I would be there for her anytime she needs me because I love her. I didn't see it before but as the years went by, I wanted her to see that way."

"So you confessed?" Mina asked.

"I grabbed that chance when she asked me for homecoming. I thought it would go well, she'd say yes and we'd be dating...but she didn't." I said, tearing up. "I know I'm too hysterical. It's just that...I've been loving her for five years...and she rejected me. With that, I feel useless."

"But that's in the past now, Doyeon. Chaeyeon-unnie may have realized too late but she's trying. Why don't you give yourselves another chance?" Mina suggested.

"Mina has a point." Sohye said. "But these things take time. Consider it, Doyeon...because deep in that heart of yours is a spot for her best friend."

Should I? What if the past replays here in the present? Can I handle it again? And what about Chaeyeon-unnie? Was she really serious of what she said?

"Fine. I'll try." I sighed. thanks

---

I was walking in the neighborhood towards home. I stopped by the square to see a commotion. My fellow delinquents were there and it triggered as I saw they messing with Chaeyeon-unnie.

"Boss!" One came and said hi. "We saw this girl trespass in our turf. We're dealing with her right now."

"Let me deal with her. You may go home now." I said.

She nodded. She called the other and they left Chaeyeon-unnie. I watch them go and once the coast was clear, I went to Chaeyeon-unnie, lending a hand. "Get up."

She held that hand and I hoist her up, only to gasp as she hugged me. I didn't do anything and just stood there. "Okay...you can let go now."

She did and faced me. I checked her and noticed a scar by her hand. I grabbed her arm and checked on it. "What happened?"

"I came here to wait for you. I didn't realize that the square was a turf for you and your delinquents so they...they gave me this wound."

I motion her to follow me as she sits down. I got a first-aid kit from my bag and went to mend Chaeyeon-unnie's wound. I finished and she hugs me again.

"Yah, Chaeyeon-unnie..."

"I want to hug you because I miss you and you mend my wound." She reasoned.

I just sat there. I took Mina and Sohye's suggestion into consideration all the while I convince myself otherwise. But my actions went involuntary as I wrap an arm around her.

"Chaeyeon-unnie, you need to go home now. It's late."

"Can we stay here a little longer?" She asked.

"I can't. I have homework to do." I said.

"Can we see each other tomorrow?" She asked again.

I let her go and nodded lightly. She smiled at me and somehow, I missed it. I smile lightly and pass by her, leaving. 

I huffed, putting a hand on my chest. Feelings from the past came out of its shell and I could only sigh. Maybe Sohye and Mina were right. Maybe I should give ourselves another try...

---

Another day came in like the shake of a lamb's tail. I was in there neighborhood, passing by the square, only to see Chaeyeon-unnie waiting. I sighed and made a stop to sit next to her.

"Hi." She gleamed as she hugged me. 

"Hey, unnie..." I said, patting her back.

"I got this for you." She said, handing me a pack of strawberry cake. 

I thanked her and opened the pack and indulged myself. I didn't eat the whole day so I was grateful that I got a bite to eat.

"Slow down." She smiled as I choked lightly.

I nodded. I finished the cake and threw to wrapper in the trash bin. I went back to face Chaeyeon-unnie and wondered why she was waiting.

"I want to see you." She reasoned. "And...I was wondering you'd go out with me this weekend. You don't mind, right?"

"Not at all." I said. "So... where's it at?"

"My house." She answered.

"Okay. Just update me then." I said.

She nodded. I looked away again, watching the sun set. I sighed and I felt something on my shoulder. I looked to the side to see Chaeyeon-unnie leaning her head on my shoulder. I felt a hold by my hand and saw her fingers intertwining with mine. 

Those feelings came back again. I gulped as I sat there with her.

•••

It was the weekends. I was alone in the house since my parents were on a business trip. I texted Doyeon that we'll be having a sleepover here at the house. I paced around the room, waiting for a reply. And when she did...

Sure. I'll be there right away. What do you want me to bring?

I texted food and some board games she has. I laid by the couch and got excited and emotional. It was our first time to see each other and bond like best friends.

Let me rephrase that. A bond as lovers this time. Now the tables have turned. I have to win her.

*minutes later*

A ring of the bell greeted my hearing and I rushed to the door to greet a special someone. As the door opened, I tackled the person for a hug. "Doyeonnie~"

"Hey."to She said, patting my back. "Sorry I took so long."

"You came just in time." I gleamed, holding a gun ythe things she brought. "Is this strawberry cake and ddeokbokki?"

"Yes. Your favourites..." She said. 

I couldn't hold my smile and went towards Doyeon. I got the food in the fridge as she sits down the couch. I huffed and went closer to her. 

"What do you want to do today?" I asked.

"Depends on you, unnie. Don't worry. I'll love all the plans you're doing today." 

She really does. The last time we had fun, she was really happy. I wonder of why did Doyeon have fun on that? Snakes and ladders was never fun. I engaged that game with her and she had a great time.

"How about a movie?" I asked.

"Sure." She nodded.

I went to get my collection of movies and let Doyeon pick. She got a horror movie and I was shocked. Doyeon was a wuss in horror movies. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah." Doyeon nodded. "I'm no wuss anymore, unnie." 

I nodded and went to the player. As I got the movie played, I sat next to Doyeon. 

---

The day went like those times we shared when we were kids, making me miss those years without Doyeon. For tonight, we had dinner and did some chores then were getting ready for bed.

I got the dishes back to the cupboards when I saw her lying down the couch. 

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"Getting ready for bed." Doyeon said. 

"Let's sleep beside each other." I said.

"Nah. You might be able to sleep well again." Doyeon said, lying down. "I'm a snorer."

"I want to sleep with you. Please?" I pleaded. "I'll sleep well tonight when you sleep beside me. I promise you."

Doyeon couldn't argue. She grabbed her blanket and followed me to the bedroom. I got the bed ready and laid first. I saw Doyeon still standing as I pat the bed. "Come here."

She nodded and managed to lie down next to me. She faced to the left and made her motion to sleep. I sighed and laid back down.

"Good night, Doyeon." I said, facing her back.

"Night." She said.

It took me some time to fall asleep. With that, I ask Doyeon. "Are you still asleep?"

She lets out a snore. I sighed and decide for just go to bed.

---

Morning came. I yawned and stretched and froze as Doyeon was hugging me on her sleep. She didn't snore as she body rose and fell, indicating that she was having a good sleep.

I smiled. I remember those days when we were kids wherein she would cuddle up to me. As of now, she was taller than me and she had gone prettier. I held her face, running a hand through her hair as I held her close to me.

I cried silently. I missed Doyeon so much. Days without her were hell. And with that, I was so happy that we'd spend the weekends together and I was eager to win her back not as a best friend but a lover.

"Unnie?" I heard her and faced her.

"Hey..." I cooed as I caressed her face. "Good morning, Doyeonnie..."

"Are you crying?" She asked.

I couldn't lie. My tears were flowing as we jolted up. She gave me the worried look and I could only tackle her for a hug as I wept. "I'm so sorry..."

"Chaeyeon-unnie..."

"I'm so sorry for rejecting you on that day. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I...I thought I'd lose you and we would end up breaking our bond." I sniffled as I hugged her tighter. 

"Unnie, it's okay now." Doyeon spoke and I liked up at her. "You're trying. And even if you did, you still mean to me. You'll always be the Chaeyeon-unnie that I cherish."

"Don't hate me again. Please stay and be mine. Please..."

I hugged her again. I felt Doyeon's arms wrap around me as we had this moment before getting up.

"I love you." I whispered.

"You don't know how long I waited for you to say those words to me..." Doyeon said. "I love you too, Chaeyeon-unnie, you pabo..."

We shared our hugs. I was glad for this closure and I was glad I got Doyeonnie back.

---

I was in the year college. Doyeon and I were in a long-distance relationship. I recalled that she finished high school as I attended her graduation. I was now contemplating as I wonder where Doyeon would be studying.

Just then, some mumbles were heard from the students. Yeunjung was with her and she squealed as she went to the group of students. I wondered until I got a god view. I was shocked as I saw Mina and Sohye.

"Unnie!" The shikshin couple went to hug me. 

There was another student as Yeunjung waved. She went closer and laughed. 

"Yoojung!" I hugged her.

"Hey, unnie. I never thought our squad could reunite." Yoojung smiled.

"Save a spot, guys."

I know that voice. I jolted my head to the side and my precious best friend. I was overjoyed as I went to her and tackled her for a hug. 

"Surprise." She greeted me with a wink. "Hey, Chaeyeon-unnie."

"Doyeonnie." I said, kissing her. 

The rest of the squad cooed. As I broke, I saw Doyeon looking y with a flushed face. I giggled and wrapped my arms around her. "Why didn't you tell me you'd study here?"

"It's my surprise for you." Doyeon winked.

"Come on. Let's eat!" Mina said.

We laughed as went to the canteen. I remained with Doyeon as I held her hand and followed the rest.

"Remember the time when I was five?" Doyeon asked.

"Yeah. This walk was just like the first time we met." I said.

"Remember what I said?" She asked again.

"Yeah." I nodded. "That one day you'd give your love to me when we grow up. I didn't understand much but now...I know..."

Doyeon smiled as we walked. We were right. Doyeon was right. I know she will give her love to me as much I will with her...

+++

Finally I got to update. Lovelots guys.