Leadership (Nayoung)

Remember

Character: Lim Nayoung

Requested by: decembersecrets

Title: Leadership

+++

I believe that we have a choice in this world. I believe that everyone deserves beautiful people with beautiful lessons to share. For me, the inevitability of being a leader could be fixed with the simplest gesture of love. I like that version as much as anyone does, despite the fact I'm a person who is less emotional.

Being able to promote with four fellow sisters and six mischievous kids made our connections much sweeter. During our times in Produce 101, we had our little talks and didn't deepen much into our interests until we debuted. During our MV release, I made the friendships stronger until we were officially a girl group.

We had our struggles from time to time and sometimes we worry too much of broken bonds and the disbandment. I would tell myself and my members that there was still time and that it won't come too soon.

But that wasn't the reality. THIS is the reality...

---

We just finished with our debut project. During the break, Kyulkyung had to hurry back to the IOI dorm to see the others as she misses them, especially her fellow beagles, Yoojung and Somi.

"Aren't you coming with Kyulkyung?" Minkyung asked.

"I'll just catch up later." I said. "Let me settle some business here. I'm leader after all."

"Come on, Nayoung-unnie. You should go ahead. Kyungwon and I will take care of the group for you." Minkyung said as she held my shoulder. "I know you're the leader of Pledis Girlz and IOI but you need to prioritize the group that started your whole game as an artist. We can always accept your company but IOI? They're going to miss the Stone Leader so I suggest you make the most of your time with IOI."

Such words from Minkyung. I nodded, thanking her, saying goodbye to the kids and packed my stuff to go to the IOI dorm. Kyulkyung had already gone so I'll just catch up.

But first, let me stop by to buy some treats for the IOI peeps.

---

Later this day during our schedule, Chungha asked if I wanted to come with her, saying she'll take me somewhere special after our schedules. I agreed that I even prepared a picnic basket for later and a special gift for Chungha.

For now, she was peering at me as I sat by to watch Sohye and Yeunjung of their pictorials. I wonder of this but I just let Chungha be.

I was reminded of the one time in our room when we came back from schedule and the cameras were all over the place. She gave me some sweet potatoes and we discuss of grains and staples. That day was memorable.

---

Chungha and I were at the park, eating. I saw some performers dancing and jokingly pushed Chungha to join them.

"Yah, unnie! No!!" Chungha resisted.

I laughed as I pull her back. I saw a dog going closer to Chungha that my dancing midget grew frightened.

"Unnie!! A dog~!!" She held onto me like a monkey on a tree.

"It likes you." I said as I got her off of me and pet the dog. "I like you too, dogie."

I chuckled. I felt Chungha nudge me as I face her. She lowered her head and gave me something.

"For you, unnie...for being the best leader in the world." She said.

I thanked and and accepted the gift. I opened it, seeing a bag of dried sweet potatoes. My favorite.

"Thanks, Chungha." I said, grabbing a stick as I ate. "Aish, there's some stuck on my teeth."

"Like I said, the charm of that is in the chewiness." Chungha said and we both laughed.

"And like you said before, that was ridiculous." I batted and ended up laughing as I get the gift for Chungha. "For you."

"How could a Stone like you be so sweet?" Chungha almost cried as she accepts my gift.

I've never seen Chungha so happy before. She thanked me many times and I said my welcome like a true leader.

"Thank you, unnie." She said, hugging me.

"No problem." I said, hugging her back.

I felt the midget snuggle onto me but I just let that be. Then, I could feel her this close. The smell of her perfume was welcoming to my senses.

"Aigoo, Sejeong could be wondering where we are. We should go back." I said.

"Ne." Chungha nodded.

---

Let me spare you the details of the erted Ahjusshi.

We're almost of the opposite in terms of vibes. She always had the Ahjusshi vibe and was really smiling, unlike me who's Buddha's relative. Then again, we had one thing in common: sense of responsibility.

There were times when I couldn't do much of my leadership due to various factors. When that happens, I call on Sejeong to lead the group for me. I also find her so caring, especially to the kids. For me, I would miss this side of Sejeong for she's the one who made me feel loved like a parent would be.

Three days later, she and Mina came back from their schedules in Gugudan. Mina kissed my cheek as I give her chocolate. She cheered as she went to look for Sohye. Sejeong greeted me with a hand on my face as she pecks my nose.

With that, I'm planning to take her to the spa to relax.

---

"Sejeong?" I called her.

"Yeah?" She replied.

"I heard from Kim that you've been stressing out lately. How about we go to the spa, just the two of us?" I asked as she at next to me.

"Nayoung-unnie's always lying." She spoke. "I'm not stressed."

"Well, your eyebags and the mask you're putting on says otherwise." I said back. "Come on, Sejeong. If you're worried of the expenses, it's free for the both of us since I have a coupon."

"Hmm...okay. I also have this coupon from a restaurant good for two. So...will you go out with me?" She gives me a smile with the coupons in her hand. "We can finally fill our stomachs because it's a buffet."

"Woah, that looks fancy." I commented. "Okay. We should get going."

"Alright!" Sejeong cheered.

We got ready and we headed to the spa first.

My ideas have always been considered but today? It's a wise decision. Never in my life I felt so relaxed. I got me the whole package with Sejeong and yeah, I felt calm.

But then, Sejeong was never calm. I could laugh of this Ahjusshi. She flirts with the masseuses, screams whenever a masseuse hits a delicate part on her limbs, and fascinates of the whole spa thing as if it was her first time coming here.

I was fine. She was happy. And I'm happy too.

"Yah, unnie." Sejeong says as she relaxed as a manicurist did her work on her hands. "Thanks for this. You're the best."

"No problem, Sejeong." I said as I plunge into relaxation.

The last package was the hot spa. It took us some time to wait because of our nails but sooner or later, we plunge ourselves into the soothing water.

I put a towel on my head and drank some tea while Sejeong slept with her nose and mouth open. I chuckled of her face as I grabbed my phone and took a picture. I saved them, sliding my fingers and I saw various pictures of IOI.

I felt heavy. My heart felt heavy. I could cry now because in the next few weeks, I will never be with them as IOI again. We're going on our own ways, me with Kyulkyung, and the uncertainty of reunions is just too clear. If only I can turn back time and be with them forever.

"Unnie..." I heard Sejeong call and I face her.

I saw Sejeong's face so red and a bit hazy...as if she was...

"The , you erted Ahjusshi." I said, covering myself although the water was covering me.

"Why are you so hot, unnie? Aish, I feel ..." She mumbled. "I wonder why I am when I look at someone so y and covered in sweat and hot water."

"Shut up, Ahjusshi. Come on. Let's go." I said as I grab a towel and got out of the jacuzzi. "Aish, turn around Sejeong."

"Let me see that wonderful of yours." She chuckled that I almost threw a face towel at her.

"ert." I mumbled as she got out as well.

Next, we got to the restaurant Sejeong was talking about and had a wonderful time eating. I got me some bland foods available in the buffet as Sejeong got almost every food available. I wowed for this Ahjusshi and of her appetite.

"So..." She mumbled as she ate some chicken. "Where are we going next?"

"Back to the dorm." I whimsically said as I ate some fish wrapped in lettuce. "Chungha and Chaeyeon can't handle those rascals by themselves. We better go back."

"Okay." She said as she continued to eat. "Unnie, eat the bland foods, will you?"

"And you had to get everything." I said as I finished mine and help myself of her meal.

Lastly, we walked side by side. Sejeong became so affectionate that she would hug me and steal kisses on my cheek. It was a bit annoying but I like it. We stopped by to buy some stuff for the rest of the IOI peeps and went back to the dorm.

---

I got a call from Chaeyeon that she wants me to stay at the IOI dorm for three days. Now how do I answer this when I still have some appointments with Pledis Girlz? Yes. Definitely yes.

That was like a blessing in disguise because Chaeyeon is one busy bee. Reality shows, appointments with contractors, music video shoots, 3 times of going to sets to act, 3 times of going to sets for photoshoots, and the worst of them all, practices.

Despite of my recent appointments with Pledis Girlz, I'm doing all that I can to finish my schedules properly and quickly. I'm not the typical artist who wants rest. I'm the one who wants to do responsibilities and put my IOI kids as my priority. Chaeyeon has been a mother to the kids and me, being like a dad to the kids, she makes me assured. And with her request, how can I say no? I also want to make her happy. I just hope I won't do anything quiet and try to be vibrant for her sake. Being quiet beings with parental images, I had to step up because my conscience is going to bite itself for my ways.

---

"Here." Kyungwon tosses me a bag filled with a neat set of clothes. "Yebin and Siyeon decided that. Now get dressed up. You don't want Chaeyeon to wait so long."

I nodded. I thanked them and grabbed a taxi to the dorm.

As I arrived, Chaeyeon was at the door, waiting. She ran towards me and gave me a hug. I couldn't hold a smile as I hug her back.

"I'm so happy you came." Chaeyeon said as she hugs me tight.

"I had to come back." I winked. "So... what are we going to do?"

"The kids will come back soon. Shall we cook them a meal?"  Chaeyeon answered.

I nodded. I got inside and Chaeyeon laughed as I got hit by a wall. I wonder where that came from as Chaeyeon got inside and fixed herself.

"You look pretty today." Chaeyeon mumbled.

"Ah, really? Thanks." I said. "You look more gorgeous, Chae." 

"So, Appa Nayoung..." She said as she went to me and wrapped her arms around my waist. "Shall we start?"

Damn. I could admire her forever, like a good old memory passing by the equilibrium of the human mind. Eventually, she kept whining that we should start and in the end, I wore an apron and searched some recipes as Chaeyeon whipped up the ingredients.

I remember Eomma and I. When I was a kid, I used to help her at the restaurant. We had fun cooking. I would whip up some recipes that she included them in the menu. I shared those recipes with Chaeyeon and she loved them, whipping up a serving for herself to eat.

"Hey, we're not done yet." I said as I grab the serving and ate.

She pouted and whined as she took it back. I wanted to taste again but she hid it on her hands and arms, not wanting to share. I laughed at Chaeyeon. Food is lifer to her after all...

That also reminded me of the fanmeetings we had. A fan gave her some cake and she was so happy. Manager-nim took it away because of her strict diet and I comforted her by giving pieces of strawberry cake from a pack. She thanked me and ate quietly without raising Manager-nim's suspicions.

"Nayoung-unnie..." She called and gave me a pitiful look. "Is something wrong?"

The disbandment, Chae. The disbandment is wrong...

"Nothing." I tossed that aside, not wanting her to worry. "The food should be done by now. Come on. Let's prepare."

She nodded as we resumed on our kitchen work. I was really happy for this moment with Chaeyeon that I could do this all the time for as long as I liked.

"Thank you, unnie...for being here with me." Chaeyeon said as she sets the table.

"You're welcome, Chaeyeon." I answered back.

---

My awkward relationship with Sohye were never worst-case scenarios. Her good jokes, especially the corny ones made me laugh and sometimes they annoy me during those moments in our variety show shoots. Time lasted longer than expected due to the fact we had no more schedules until the day after tomorrow so I get to spend the day with IOI at the dorm.

I remember the days of our promotions as IOI. Practices, guest appearances, performances, and more dance practices greeted our days. All of them lasted for a while and most of the events were things you'd get used to. But time will always come and it will all fall into place.

Toss that aside. Today, Sohye was super sick. Her temperature was increasing and no one could get it under control, not even me. It would've been best to send her to the hospital but she refused. Also, it was supposed to be time for rest but then, we decided to take care of Sohye and I led them.

One thing I taught to the IOI girls is that we must take care each of each other. Kyulkyung and Chaeyeon went to the pharmacy to buy some medicine as Mina helped me with Sohye. The rest did their way of helping as Chungha, Yoojung, and Somi did the cleaning of the dorm. Sohye was obedient and drank and the antibiotics kicked in her system as she got some strength back.

The next day, the rest had to go to their respective schedules. Sohye was still sick so I volunteered to take care of her today. We take shifts in taking care of Sohye, with me and Mina volunteering to take of her 24/7, mostly me. It would've been too much according to Kyulkyung but as a leader, I want to take care of Sohye.

In general, it was one sickly day for me and Sohye and a one-way ticket of getting closer to the girl of our friendship.

---

I put my book back on its place as I saw Sohye sitting by the window, contemplating maybe. I chuckled and decided to go closer and comfort her.

"You seem down." I spoke. "Are you still not feeling well?"

"By not feeling well do you mean emotionally or my fever?" Sohye asked.

She's saying it again. I could only laugh and join her with this little game. "Both. Start on any of the two."

"One is the disbandment. I still cou get over it. I can't stand the fact that we're going to be apart in the next few weeks. You're lucky, unnie." Sohye said as I look at her. "Your debut as an artist with Kyulkyung-unnie is assured. Me? I think I'm back to being an actress. Do you ever feel that you have a desire to do something but you can't because you need to stick to your roots."

"D'awwww..." I reacted as I hug her from the back. "Don't get that into your head. The disbandment is not the apocalypse. We'll get in touch, Sohye."

"You know, unnie...even though we can be awkward at times, I'm happy to stick around with you."

"Me too." I said as I held her hand. "I've always been fond of you as a sister, Sohye. I believe the awkwardness isn't a thing that happened between us."

Sohye nodded and she hugged me. I smiled, hugging her back. I look at the window and realized that the sun was setting. Which reminds me...where are the rest of the girls.

"Unnie" She spoke. "Are the rest of IOI coming here soon?"

I didn't know. Even though Chungha texted me that they'll be back by evening, I couldn't help but wonder. 

"Don't worry, Sohye. They'll be here soon." I said to her.

---

Yeunjung was my favorite of the kids. Being a good singer at a young age, I couldn't help my admiration towards that kid. Although she was skilled, there often times she was feisty. Not often times... almost all the time...

I couldn't blame her of her enthusiasm. But sometimes, she can get aggressive. I could understand her a bit. Being the last placers have been hard as we couldn't steal much attention from fans. But sometimes, Yeunjung takes things too far, sometimes leading to mischief and fights.

I felt that agression too, back when were filming for 'Crush'. I felt her hit my arm. But I decided not to mind that. Her erratic acts where acts of happiness to me.

---

"Where's Yeunjung?" I asked the rest as we gathered to have some girl talk.

"She's just tired, unnie. Come on, share us some details of your debut project with Kyulkyung-unnie," said Doyeon.

"Yeah, share some details, unnie." Mina cheered.

"I want to hear too!" Sohye cheered.

I chuckled of the kids. But then, I want Yeunjung to join us. I whispered to Kyulkyung about it and she nodded, telling the story to the kids first. The rest of the unnie line joined in and I excused myself when Sejeong noticed me. 

"Where are you going?" She asked as she held my hand.

"To see Yeunjung. She needs to join us." I answered.

"Somi said she's sleeping." Sejeong answered. "Join with Kyulkyung and tell the story with her."

"Come on. I'll catch up later. I want to see how Yeunjung's doing." I said again.

Sejeong didn't hesitate and she nodded, letting my hand go. I went towards Yeunjung's room, seeing her all curled up by the bed. She was crying, making my heart hurt so much.

"Hey..." I said as I went to hug her. "What's the matter? Talk to unnie."

I then heard the kids complain of my whereabout. I heard Mina whine, saying that she's jealous of Yeunjung because she was my favorite dongsaeng. I heard Chaeyeon and Sejeong speculate of Yeunjung's behavior regarding Somi being in the center and her taking it over like a famewhore.

Aish, this kids. I thought we were over it. I thought no one should bicker. Yeunjung must've heard their complaints as she cried harder as she hugs me back.

"Don't cry. What they said weren't true. Your sisters and I love you, okay? It's just some misunderstanding." I said to her.

Yeunjung nodded and she plastered a smile. I smiled back, wiping her tears away and helping her get up. 

"Show unnie your hyperactivity." I said.

She nodded and danced to Pick Me with all her energy. I clapped lightly and was happy that she starts getting happier with every move. As she finished, she tackled me for a hug. 

"Gomawo, unnie." She said as she hugged me tight. "You're the best."

"Come on. Join us for some story time." I said again.

"Ooooooh...is it the debut project of Pledis Girlz? Yay, I'm so excited to hear it." Yeunjung cheered.

I laughed lightly. As Yeunjung and I came back, Kyulkyung was relieved I finally came and was happy when Yeunjung joined in. I might have to reprimand all of them about bickering sooner or later but for now, let's get the bad vibes out and let the good vibes stay.

---

One of the most unique profiles that describe some of us is the unique group called the Dragons. For me, they were fun, energetic, and adorable babies. But sometimes, they're a nightmare. All of them have ranks both sides...and Yoojung was the first in both.

But in reality, Yoojung was the sweetest of the kids. She was always plastering a smile, she was affectionate to all of us and she does everything to cheer us up. She was also gifted with so many talents and even though she was sometimes a klutz, she was the member I am most protective of.

There was one time I was sick. All of the members were worried... and Yoojung was the most worried.

---

"Omo-here's the tissue." Chungha gives me the whole box.

"Let me make you some soup." Sejeong rushed to the kitchen.

"Hubby, are you okay?" Chaeyeon held my cheeks as she said that.

"Ewwww..." Kyulkyung mumbled as she hugged me. "She's MY hubby."

"Unnie, don't get sick. How about I make it disappear with my power hugs?" Sohye said so cutely.

"Unnie, let me wash you." Yeunjung said, grabbing a towel.

"I'm washing Unnie." Mina whined.

"No, me!" Somi said as she argued with Mina and Yeunjung.

The place was a ruckus. I sighed as I covered my ears to sleep when I felt something by my ears.

"Unnie." Yoojung winked as she got earmuffs. "Wear them so that you won't be disturbed."

"Thank you, Yoojung-ah." I said lightly as I snuggle on the blanket.

Yoojung pouted at me as she nuzzles her cheek against mine. 

"Hey...you might get sick." I mumbled.

"I don't care, unnie. I want to hug you until you fall asleep." Yoojung said again.

She laid next to me and hugged me. I just let her do what she wants as I slept peacefully on her arms.

---

Mina was the cutest as she was almost like my little sister. Whenever I had events, like that first pitch with Somi, she died to come to see the both of us, especially me. I let her come but being the protective unnie, I let Chungha come to watch over Mina and watch us during the pitch.

Mina was also the closest to my mother. When I went to vacations back home, Mina wanted to come so I let her. Eomma said that Mina was almost like me when I would play with Oppa. I laughed as Mina and I have a great time like sisters of different blood.

Then came the nightmares in which Mina would cry and I would comfort her and tug her to bed. And whenever Sejeong or Kim pick her up for their Gugudan schedules, she whined and sobbed, not wanting to leave me alone.

---

"I'm lost. Take care of her for another three days, will you?" Kim surrendered.

"Would you mind, Nayoung-unnie?" Sejeong asked me.

I shook my head. Mina was cheering as she hugged me. As they left, we watch TV as Mina sat on the floor. Then again, she didn't stay there for long as she waddled close to me.

"Unnie, where's Eommoni?" Mina asked of my mom.

"Hmm...maybe at the shop again. She says we can stay here as long as you want." I said.

She nodded as she cuddled up to me. I chuckled and watched the movie with her until we grew bored and fell asleep

*hours later*

I gasped as Sejeong came back with Kim, Soyee, Sally, and Haebin. Mina was still asleep on my arms as they do the carrying for me.

"Thanks, unnie. I owe you one." Sejeong said as Mina was carried to the van. "Take care."

"Okay." I nodded.

---

Jeon Somi. The maknae. The center. The first place of Produce 101 and the second best child next to Yoojung. Despite of the six-year gap, we had a certain chemistry in terms of sports. I had played some games of various sports and I let Somi play with others and I let her have a duel with me.

Somi has gastroenteritis and I was concerned of what she ate so I make her meals. Also, as a parting gift for her, I bought sport gear and a volleyball she like so much. I even have her a baseball and a mitten, almost identical to mine as we'd go to the park and catch.

---

"Go long, unnie!" Somi yelled as she throws the ball. 

I nodded, watching the ball go up. I ran some miles and caught the ball thanks to my long arms.

"Nice!" I said, ready to throw the ball. "Go long!"

Somi rana and caught it. We continued to play catch and have fun in the park.

---

Doyeon was natural and was actually the happy-go-lucky one. But as the rest talked about the disbandment, she blew up a fuse.

She stormed off, with Yoojung almost crying. I sighed as I went to the balcony and there was Doyeon, sighing.

---

"Doyeon." I called.

"Why didn't we have to debut forever? I just don't want us to break apart." Doyeon answered.

I sighed and say next to her, patting her shoulder. "Don't mind that. What matters is we spend the time we have left to ourselves well."

"You're right." Doyeon could only nod. "Thanks, unnie. You really are my hero."

"Haha...thanks."

---

Kyulkyung has been with tthought thick and thin. Five years of training assured us of our trusts was a witness of our friendship.

With that, I never thought someone could surprise me. It was a surprise for all of us and a farewell party for Kyulkyung and I and that we are reminded of our days as a national group and a family. I even cried in front of everyone for this wonderful surprise because I had to say goodbye to my kids and wives and I almost slapped Kyulkyung because it was her idea.

We had a blast, eating and having fun. It lasted for mere hours as the children were ready to sleep. They say goodnight to me and I smiled. Yoojung took it the most, hugging me and crying not to go yet. It applied to the other kids and sisters but I assured that I will see them again in the future.

They said goodnight with hugs and kisses as they went to bed. I was about to sort the Kyulkyung remained. She held my hand and we had our talks.

---

"Unnie... we're debuting together... we're finally debuting together." She said.

"Yeah. I find it impossible to believe." I said. "But it's the most impossible of leaving IOI for good. Aigoo, I'm going to miss this."

"Me too, unnie." Kyulkyung said as she held my hand and leaned on my shoulder. "Me too..."

She was right. I will miss bring with them and I miss my role as their sister...their caretaker...and their leader...

+++

Okay, that's a wrap up. Stay tuned tomorrow.