The Great Princess' Pestering (Nayoung • Kyulkyung)

Remember

Characters: Lim Nayoung, Joo Kyulkyung

Requested by: Chrysalis23

Title: The Great Princess' Pestering

+++

"Hail, our Great Princess Kyulkyung~!!"

It was wonderful celebration in Goryeo as the people welcome their new ruler, the Great Princess Joo Kyulkyung. The half-blooded royal could only smile and wave at the people, feeling honored to be throned as one of the rulers of the Three Kingdoms.

Raised as a royal half-blood, Great Princess Kyulkyung was batted with speculations of being the daughter of the King of Goryeo and a Chinese merchant. Nonetheless, she got her rightful place as a full-fledged royal, vowing to be a great ruler, just like her late father had taught her.

---

"Your Majesty." The princess looked up as she saw her Head Servant, Chungha. "A letter from the Great Queen Chaeyeon of Silla."

"Ah, thank you." Kyulkyung bowed lightly, reading the letter.

Kyulkyung had her eyes dilated as she read. Somehow, Chungha remained as she asked the Great Princess of the letter.

"Six Hwarang from the Kingdom of Silla will be sent here to train as Royal Guards." Kyulkyung said, somehow unconvinced.

"Ah... wouldn't that be good, your Majesty?" Chungha commented and wondered. "With more guards here in the palace, your safety and your servants' here at the palace will be assured."

"That's true." Kyulkyung nodded. "But if they were to be my future Royal Guards, I need to see them in person."

Kyulkyung grabbed some paper and a dipped brush and wrote something. As she was done, she gave the neatly-wrapped letter to Chungha. "Have this sent to Queen Chaeyeon. She needs to receive this by evening."

"Yes, your Majesty." Chungha bowed, leaving the princess.

---

People of Goryeo were outside their houses and stalls as they gasp and wow of the carriage that held Silla's name and a group of dignitaries from the said Kingdom, heading to the palace of Goryeo.

At the palace, Kyulkyung was with Chungha and the rest of the dignitaries, waiting for the important guest to arrive. Kyulkyung smiled as a very beautiful person emerged from the carriage, dressed in the finest of silk, gold, and other precious materials.

"The Great Princess Joo Kyulkyung, Ruler of Goryeo." A cheerful foreign-looking servant said the formal greetings. "Her Excellence, the Great Queen Jung Chaeyeon, Ruler of Silla, Lady of all provinces and Master off all Korea, thanks you for your welcome."

"The Great Princess Joo Kyulkyung, my friend." Chaeyeon greeted. "I never thought the Kingdom of Goryeo had been magnificent...as it always been."

"Oh, it has, your Excellency...now that I'm ruling this part of the country." Kyulkyung said.

"I anticipate for the little meeting we're going to have, and of your approval of the six Hwarang I've sent you."

"It's been a pleasure, your Excellency." Kyulkyung spoke again. 

Chaeyeon whispered to her servant and she nodded, calling a certain Hwarang and the offered six, all nervous.

"Kim Sejeong, Grand Master of Silla, and Somi, my Head Servant." Chaeyeon introduced her favored servants to Kyulkyung.

"Kim Chungha, my Head Servant." Kyulkyung also introduced. "Mind me for not appointing a Grand Master yet."

The Queen chuckled. The two Royals let their favored servants come, plus the six Hwarang as they conduct the little meeting.

---

In the centerpoint of the Goryeo palace, Kyulkyung and Chaeyeon lose a bit of formalities and talked like the childhood friends they were.

"Why isn't Great Princess Doyeon here?" Kyulkyung asked.

"I sent her a letter to come here." Chaeyeon said. "But she declined because of an important matter with Chinese merchants."

"Baekje and their trades..." Kyulkyung sighed.

"Now...what do you think of these Hwarang?" Chaeyeon asked.

Sejeong got the six Hwarang to line up. Kyulkyung watched as she asked Chaeyeon. "Why are you sending me some Hwarang as Royal Guards?"

"These six are the worst." Chaeyeon face-palmed. "These six are from the lowest team of my Hwarang and are incompetent in the field. These six have been in the sidelines for a long time. And with the less number of guards in Goryeo. I decided to offer them at your disposal."

"Oh. Thank you, Chaeyeon." Kyulkyung nodded. "Yeah. I could use some Royal Guards for protection."

Chungha got Kyulkyung a list as the princess watched the six line up. I looked at them, one by one, and one caught her attention.

"Kang Yebin." Kyulkyung called as the short-haired Hwarang bowed.

"Jung Eunwoo." A tall yet dorky Hwarang bowed and waved.

"Park Siyeon." A young Hwarang bowed.

"Kim Minkyung." A beautiful Hwarang bowed.

"Kang Kyungwon." A smiling Hwarang bowed.

"Kyungwon and Nayoung are the decent ones in this set." Chaeyeon whispered. "But Nayoung? She's the best among them."

"Lim Nayoung."

The tallest of the six Hwarang bowed, maintaining a serious look. Kyulkyung bit her lip lightly, finding her pretty. And the stoic face? It was an expression, all pure and raw like the freshest beans in the region and all hard like a Stone Buddha in which the princess could pray for until eternity.

"So...you approve of these flower knights as your royal guards?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Yeah. I approve." Kyulkyung nodded, her eyes never leaving the tall Hwarang. 

---

It was a hot day. The six Hwarang, now Royal Guards of Goryeo, were taking their first shift. The three older guards were serious of their work as the kids...well...the kids were whining.

"Can we get a break?" Eunwoo whined.

"No breaks." Kyungwon said. "We have only been here for three hours."

"Why did the Queen ditch us? We were fine as Hwarang in Silla." Yebin said.

"Really?" Minkyung snickered. "The last time we were Hwarang in Silla, our lives took an unexpected turn, leading to humiliation." 

"Unnie's right." Siyeon sighed. "We should be thankful that her Excellence gave us a chance. Now let's get serious and do this one duty right for once."

"Be like Nayoung-unnie here." Minkyung points at the opposite post, where the tall guard was.

The five could only be still and alert like Nayoung. Nayoung was always serious, peering the surroundings and was alert for any changes. She could sense quickly, even her fellow guards' whispers and the presence of the Princess and her servant.

Chungha couldn't fathom the times Kyulkyung was this excited in seeing the ceremony of the changing of posts of the Royal Guards. When the Princess was still little, the King would let her come to the ceremony, making the princess whine because it was boring.

"Uhh...your Majesty?" Chungha asked politely. "You seem excited with the ceremony."

"I am." Kyulkyung nodded as she asked the rest of the servants to get the Royal chairs. "You think that it's weird of me to watch but somehow, I'm curious."

Chungha couldn't argue with the princess. The sun was up as the servants got the chairs for the two to sit. Kyulkyung was plopped onto her throne as Chungha sat beside her, fanning the princess and herself due to the hot weather.

Kyulkyung was looking at the Hwarang lining up, especially the tallest one. 

"That's Lim Nayoung, right?" Kyulkyung asked Chungha as she pointed to the tall guard.

"Yes, your Majesty." Chungha nodded. "According to Head Servant Somi, she's the most skilled Hwarang of the six. She was actually appointed as the former Grand Master of Silla."

"What!?" Kyulkyung gasped. "But why is she in the lowest of the low now?"

"As Head Servant Somi said, circumstances made the Hwarang cruel and ignorant of her duties. Another factor was that Grand Master Kim Sejeong beated her in a duel for the position. Nayoung-ssi lost her credentials and was assigned in the lowest ranked Hwarang team. She was appointed as the commander of her team but another Hwarang framed her of treachery and she became a team member this time, then sent here to be a Royal Guard of Goryeo."

Kyulkyung was hurt with the story. She looked at the tall guard and wondered of something. "Maybe that's why she's always maintaining that cute stoic face. Let me make her smile."

Chungha gasped as the princess went down. She followed the princess with an umbrella on her hand. Kyulkyung went closer to the guard, who still maintained the serious look that made the princess ogle out of admiration.

In the view of the rest of the Royal Guards, Eunwoo laughed silently. Yebin and Siyeon joined in as Minkyung and Kyungwon smiled lightly. For Nayoung, she felt like her heart was jumping because THE Great Princess Joo Kyulkyung was in front of her.

"Hey~" Kyulkyung said cutely, an expression she never expected from the Royal. 

Kyulkyung continued to look cute in front of the guard, bugging her in almost any way from flapping her hat and touching her traditional weapon with utter curiosity. The princess pouted as she wondered how could the guard maintain the stoic face.

"Your Majesty, we should go back. The ceremony's still going on." Chungha whispered.

"Not until I make this guard smile." Kyulkyung spoke. "Lim Nayoung, right? Please smile for your Princess."

Nayoung thought it was the most annoying thing in the history of all Korea. And she never expected the Princess to act like this. But being a Stone Buddha, a term Yebin and Eunwoo made to make fun of her, she couldn't just smile in the line of duty.

But somehow, Kyulkyung pouted and pinched her cheeks, making Nayoung's mouth twitch upward.

"I did it!" Kyulkyung cheered. "She's smiling."

"I see that, Your Majesty." Chungha nodded. "Now let's go back. You can see another change by 2 P.M."

Kyulkyung could only nodded. She was excited to see the cute and tall guard again.

---

The five guards couldn't hold their shock as their unnie scratched her head several times.

"Are you alright, unnie?" Siyeon asked worriedly.

"She's flustered!" Eunwoo laughed with Yebin. "She smiled in front of the Princess!"

Hearing that, Nayoung faced them, whining. The five laughed of that, finding her adorable.

"Hey, stop that." Nayoung spoke for the first time in a while. "That was not cute! It was annoying."

"Woah! Never thought you complained that way, Stone," said Minkyung. "You should've seen that twitch on your lip."

"Yeah, and the way the Princess made fun of your hat and weapon!" Yebin said, rolling on her bed of laughter.

"You stop it." Nayoung said again. "Let's just sleep. We have another line of duty tomorrow."

The six couldn't argue as they turn in early. Kyungwon turned off the lantern as they sleep.

Before Nayoung could sleep, she smiled at the thought of the cute Princess.

---

The six guards were divided into groups of three and we're guarding the main palace of the Princess and her study place, respectively. For Nayoung, Eunwoo, and Siyeon, they were at the study place.

"First the gates, now the palace. Damn, we're taking this to a whole level." Eunwoo cheered lightly.

"Shush. Stop fidgeting, unnie. The Princess might come here." Siyeon said.

Nayoung just stood there, glaring at Eunwoo to stop moving and nodding lightly at Siyeon for her concern in the line of duty. And just as Siyeon said, the Princess came with her servant once more.

Kyulkyung was happy with the set of the guards as she passed by towards her study place.

"Morning, Siyeon." Kyulkyung spoke as Siyeon bowed lightly. 

"Morning, Eunwoo." Kyulkyung greeted.

"Good morning, your Majesty." Eunwoo bowed as Chungha slapped her head lightly.

"A Royal Guard does not talk to the Princess like that." She said.

"It's alright, Chungha." Kyulkyung said as she pats Eunwoo's shoulder. 

"I apologize, your Majesty." Eunwoo mumbled, bowing lightly.

Kyulkyung nodded with a smile then went to her favorite guard, delivering another dose of pestering to make her smile again.

Nayoung was sighing in her conscience for Eunwoo's stupidity and for the Princess' pestering. Despite of that, she maintained the deadpan expression, wanting the Princess to stop wasting her time.

But Kyulkyung was persistent. She poked Nayoung's cheek this time and Nayoung's mouth twitched up but not as much as yesterday.

"Your Majesty." Chungha called. "As much as I want to let you stay and pester the tall guard...you still have decreeds to look up into. You can pester her later."

Kyulkyung sighed sadly and nodded. She and Chungha went inside the study place as Nayoung was relieved. She maintained her deadpan look as she saw Eunwoo and Siyeon shake their heads in disapproval.

Nayoung shrugged it off and decided to focus on her duty.

---

"Your Majesty..." Chungha gave a worried look at the Princess.

"Have this decreed passed to the Internal Affairs. Make sure Prime Minister Seungyeon signs that." Kyulkyung spoke with authority.

Chungha couldn't argue as she nodded, sending the settled decreeds to the Internal Affairs. Kyulkyung sighed as she remembered the tall guard that didn't smile like the last time. So, she went out and tried again.

Nayoung was getting looks of forced instructions from Eunwoo and Siyeon. Due to the Princess getting down for not being able to make Nayoung smile, the two dongsaengs made their unnie to smile if the Princess pesters her again.

You better make the princess happy, unnie. Nayoung read Siyeon's expression.

Don't smile and I'm going to take your stash of potatoes that you won't get anything to eat for a week! Eunwoo's expression says that.

Kyulkyung went back to pester Nayoung. Nayoung didn't want to. She would've thought the Princess would give up easily but she became more persistent to make her smile. For Nayoung, feeling the Princess' soft hands pinching her cheeks made her lose her cool as she smiles lightly but the twitch on was greater and it lasted longer than usual.

Kyulkyung gulped, finding Nayoung so pretty. For Nayoung, she felt her heart come out of her chest as she never thought she'd see the Princess this close. And seeing the Princess smile of her little victory made her face heat up as she forces another stoic look.

"Aish! So cute." Kyulkyung ogled.

"Your Majesty." Chungha came back after she was tasked to send the decreeds. "Prime Minister Seungyeon would like to have a word with you."

Kyulkyung nodded, bidding goodbye to Nayoung with a wave and following Chungha. Once the coast was clear, the three sighed in relief as Eunwoo and Siyeon teased Nayoung.

"Ohohoho~ Nayoung-unnie's flustered!" Siyeon laughed.

"Hahahahaha...success!" Eunwoo cheered.

Nayoung shrugged it off again. But deep down, she was happy to make the Princess smile again.

---

The Princess talked with the Prime Minister regarding the decreeds. Seungyeon agreed to some of them except for the one involvig the six Royal Guards.

"I can't agree to it, your Majesty. You know the six sectors of the outer court are critical areas for invaders and sending them to guard the three main sectors is risky." 

"But you said that there are less chances of invasion here in these areas. Appa taught me that." Kyulkyung reasoned.

"Yes, it's true, your Majesty. But with the recent invasion, we don't know how long it'll stay that way." Seungyeon said.

"Come on, this place hasn't been in harm's way after the incident."

Yes, that incident. It happened nine years ago. Kyulkyung and Seungyeon were still kids wherein their fathers were a king and a prime minister, respectively. Invaders broke through the walls and guards were outnumbered. The Hwarang stopped them but the invaders passed through the main gates towards the outer court, where they hid. It was also a time when Kyulkyung and Seungyeon were traumatized as their loved ones were killed in front of their innocent eyes.

"But what it it happens again? It's not only the lives of the dignitaries that are at stakes. It's the people's...and yours..." Seungyeon said. "And sending them to guard here would be like gambling the offer from the Great Queen."

"They can handle it. You know, one of them happens to be the former Grand Master of Silla." Kyulkyung said again.

"You mean Lim Nayoung?" Seungyeon asked and the Princess nodded. "She was accused of treachery because of having an affair with the Queen."

The fact stung Kyulkyung's heart. "Is that true?"

"The Queen couldn't tell you, your Majesty. I, together with Prime Minister Heehyun and Prime Minister Soomin, had a meeting and some commoner talked about the transfer of the six Hwarang then of that fact. The truth is a mystery remained unsolved but I couldn't help but confirm. Besides, how could a Queen send a Hwarang with potential away from Silla? It's weird, don't you think, your Majesty?"

It wasn't weird for Kyulkyung. It was just a coincidental series of unfortunate events. Despite of the fact, she was still eager for the Internal Affairs to grant her decreed.

"Please?" Kyulkyung pleads.

"You and your loss of formalities." Seungyeon sighed. "We still can be sure if ALL six of them are capable and circumstances are rare these days. The only way I could authorize this is if they are trained enough to do the task."

"What if Nayoung taught her team?" Kyulkyung asked. "She's skilled. She could teach them and they'd be trained enough to guard the outer court."

"Hmm...that just might work." Seungyeon nodded and Kyulkyung clapped lightly.

---

Word of it came to the six Royal Guards and the five were excited for another task. Nayoung? She sighed as she's going to deal with rascals once more.

She trained them once. They were the best team but the circumstances of some dignitaries accusing them of treason led to he trauma of excelling in their art as Hwarang. 

"This is an opportunity to regain our status at its rightful place!" Minkyung said.

"Come on, Stone Nayoung." Kyungwon insisted. "Minkyung had a point. Decent people like us can't just hide in obscurity just because we're hidden in conspiracies. Besides, it's the Princess' orders."

"Please, unnie. We'll do good. We promise you." Siyeon assured.

"Can we not talk about the conspiracies, please?" Nayoung sighed. "But what can I do? It's the Princess' orders..."

Nayoung sighed, stood up, then faced her Royal Guards. "We have a week to prove to the Princess that we can handle it. I can teach you things you haven't learned and if you are willing enough, we can do this without any casualties. Are we clear?"

"Yeah!!" The five of them cheered.

---

It was a Tuesday. Kyulkyung sighed because the Royal Guards are off duty. Either way, she was eager to see Nayoung again as she get Chungha to check on the Royal Guards.

As her Head Servant came back, Kyulkyung was exicted as she was expecting some news. "Well?"

"The six Royal Guards are in their base, training. Nayoung's teaching them."

"Come on." Kyulkyung motions her to lead her to the base. "I want to see them train."

---

Nayoung was training her fellow guards. Minkyung and Kyungwon excelled, Siyeon was fine as Eunwoo and Yebin were barely learning but Nayoung was still eager to teach them, seeing their will to learn.

Kyulkyung was taking a peek with Chungha. She looked that they're really doing their best but her gaze focused on Nayoung and how cute she was going all serious.

"You seem to have a on the guard, your Majesty." Chungha commented.

"Is it wrong? There's just something intriguing about her." Kyulkyung said. "Which reminds me...did you do the task I told you to do?"

"Yes, your Majesty. But it's best to talk about it inside the palace." Chungha said.

Kyulkyung agreed as she was busy looking at Nayoung. As she gazed at her, she noticed Nayoung command to her fellow guards. "Line up. The Princess is here."

Chungha wowed of the guard's sense. Kyulkyung also wowed as she decided to see the Royal Guards. The six bowed at their Princess and Kyulkyung and Chungha bowed back.

"Your Majesty, what are you doing here?" Eunwoo asked as she got nudge from Siyeon.

"Mind my fellow guard for the words, your Majesty." Nayoung spoke.

"I wanted to see you train." Kyulkyung chuckled. "From what I see, you six are actually pretty good."

"We're thankful for the comment, your Majesty." Nayoung said as they bow again.

"Nayoung is quite the charmer, your Majesty." Chungha whispered. "She's really well-mannered."

Kyulkyung nodded. She was admiring Nayoung so much, her voice ringing on her ears. With that, she wanted to talk to the guard. "Nayoung, may I talk to you?"

Nayoung nodded. But before she did, she commanded Minkyung to lead them and resume training. Minkyung obeyed and led them to train by the forest. Nayoung smiled for her team. Kyulkyung noticed that smile and her heart beated fast.

"She's smiling, your Majesty." Chungha cooed.

"I know." Kyulkyung whispered. "Resume the task that I've given to you."

Chungha nodded, leaving the Princess with the Royal Guard. Kyulkyung smiled and Nayoung maintained that stoic face. 

"Smile for me, Nayoung." Kyulkyung said.

Nayoung did. Kyulkyung almost cursed, finding the guard pretty. "Follow me."

Nayoung was walking behind the Princess until they got to a spot by the bridge. Kyulkyung stopped to see the sunset as Nayoung stayed behind her.

"Nayoung, stay by my side." Kyulkyung instructed.

She nodded and was by Kyulkyung's side at the right gap. Kyulkyung couldn't blame the guard for being a bit timid because she knew what the guard had gone through before coming here.

"Can I know you more, Nayoung?" Kyulkyung asked.

Nayoung was hesitant to do so. But she thought of it as her devotion to serve her Princess so she nodded. "Of course, your Majesty."

"As a ruler, I show concern to my servants, especially to my people because I believe the work of a ruler goes around to her people as well as towards the respect of her servants. Now...tell me, Nayoung. Did you really face obscurity in Silla?"

"I did, your Majesty." Nayoung nodded and Kyulkyung smiles softly as she listened. "Starting from the top then plummeting towards humiliation. When the Great Queen Chaeyeon no longer needed us, she transferred us here in Goryeo. I thought I'd let the team down and I thought we'd be facing the same thing. Being a Royal for you has been the greatest opportunity we have here...and to my team, we're grateful for this, your Majesty."

Kyulkyung watched as Nayoung bowed. The Princess went closer as she told her to stand straight. Nayoung did that and she froze when Kyulkyung held her cheek. 

"Y-Your Majesty..." Nayoung backed away. 

"I apologize for being too abrupt. I'm just concerned. As a Princess, I'm concerned for a servant." Kyulkyung said.

"But, Your Majesty...I..." Nayoung stuttered.

"What are you trying to say? That I can't be concerned for a servant? I'm the Great Princess. I do what I must." Kyulkyung spoke.

"Your Majesty...you can't settle such thoughts for a person like me." Nayoung spoke.

"Even if you say that, what can you do to stop me?" Kyulkyung spoke and Nayoung froze. "If all those hardships triggered you to be the person you are now, then you shouldn't be concerned because you are not at fault. Chaeyeon deposing you is not your fault."

"It could be mine, Your Majesty. I have been incompetent of my responsibilities." Nayoung spoke.

"Then why were you incompetent?" Kyulkyung asked.

"Because I did something out of treachery...I fell in love with the Queen." Nayoung chuckled.

So Seungyeon was right... Kyulkyung thought and Nayoung continued. "I was stuck in that incident until I realized that we are not to blame...but we can never look at each other that way again."

Kyulkyung was about to say something when Nayoung sensed something. Kyulkyung wondered when all events were a blur and the next thing she knew, Nayoung got hit by an arrow on her shoulder.

"N-Nayoung!" 

Nayoung didn't say anything as got the Princess to safety. Kyulkyung reacted, commanding every guard she sees to search the culprit of an ambush, all while asking her servants to mend Nayoung's arm.

---

Nayoung jolted on her bed as she was pushed down by a big hand.

"Yah, Eunwoo. Be gentle." Minkyung batted.

Nayoung was having a hard time processing everything around her but she stood up, seeing a bandage by her arm and her fellow guards on their uniforms.

"What happened to me?" Nayoung asked.

"We knew about the ambush." Yebin said. "You were really brave yesterday, risking your life for the Princess."

"Technically, her arm." Eunwoo spoke as Nayoung chuckled.

"Are you guys okay?" Nayoung was concerned for her group of yesterday.

"We're fine, unnie." Kyungwon said. "We managed to deal with them thanks to the things you taught us."

"Them?" Nayoung wondered.

"Mysterious bandits were around the area. The Hwarang stopped but there were more so Princess Kyulkyung had to send us for backup. And by grace, we managed to stop them, even Siyeon fought with the head." Yebin said.

"The Princess! Is she okay?" Nayoung asked with great concern.

"She's alright. She was enraged of those bandits she ordered them executed." Siyeon shuddered.

"The Princess may be the sweetest person but when it comes to the concern of the Kingdom of Goryeo, anyone who threatens the Kingdom shall face drastic consequences." Eunwoo mumbled.

"The Princess is here!!"

All of the Royal Guards faced the door, seeing the Princess with the Head Servant. Nayoung gasped of relief, seeing the Princess alright. 

"So Nayoung-unnie did save her." Eunwoo mumbled. 

"Sh! On your knees before the Princess." Minkyung whispered.

"It's fine, Minkyung-ssi. Eunwoo-ssi's right. Nayoung did save me." Kyulkyung smiled.

"All the same." Nayoung spoke as the rest stopped laughing, motioning them to bow.

All Royal Guards kneeled on one knee. Nayoung even forced herself to bow when she almost fell. Luckily, Kyulkyung held her shoulders.

"Take your time." Kyulkyung spoke. "May you leave us for a moment?"

Chungha nodded. Minkyung led the rest of the guards outside as Chungha went outside, leaving the Princess with her knight. 

"Are you alright?" Kyulkyung asked.

"Yes, you Majesty." Nayoung answered.

"I apologize if I put you on a bad spot." Kyulkyung pouted. "You got hurt thanks to me."

"It's my duty, your Majesty." Nayoung said. 

"I know. And with you sticking to your duty, I have made the decreed." Kyulkyung said. "Your fellow Royal Guards are positioned in the outer court while you...will be part of the Hwarang as a Capital Hwarang."

Nayoung never thought that she'd get her rightful place back. But it was all too quick. She only spent a week in Goryeo and she gets this? What would the dignitaries think? What would even the Great Queen think?

"Your Majesty...if I may interrupt, would this be too quick?" Nayoung spoke. "The six of us were sent here and stayed in Goryeo for a week. Wouldn't the dignitaries think it's unfair?"

"No." Kyulkyung gave an assuring smile. "What you did was brave. The dignitaries couldn't believe that a novice as a servant in Goryeo would risk her life for me. And for your fellow guards, they couldn't believe they came here weak yet...they defeated those bandits. You trained them so well..."

Nayoung couldn't thank the Princess enough. But then, she thought of some compromise. "I'm eternally grateful and indebted to you, your Majesty...but..."

"But?" Kyulkyung asked.

"I would want to be with my team as Royal Guards. If you're concerned about our names, it doesn't matter to us now. What matters is that we devote ourselves to serve you, your Majesty." Nayoung said.

"I want to do this...please...words cannot express how grateful I am for saving my life." Kyulkyung asked. "I can just ask Seungyeon to include the Royal Guards back to the Hwarang."

"You may do that, your Majesty...but give us some time to train." Nayoung said.

Kyulkyung didn't understand. But as Nayoung held her hand, Kyulkyung looked at Nayoung's eyes...and she sees the will of a servant who's devoted to serve her ruler with her own way. With that, Kyulkyung realizes.

"Alright." Kyulkyung nodded. "I will appoint you back as Royal Guard and will appoint you as Capital Hwarang and your team as your Hwarang until such time you are ready."

Nayoung bowed. Kyulkyung smiled as she held her shoulder with the bandage. She cups the guard's face, making her look at herself. "Wait for me..."

"Your Majesty..." Nayoung was shocked.

"Wait for me as I rule Goryeo...and I'll wait for you to be by my side as my protector."

Nayoung gulped as she felt a connection between her and the Princess. She would've flipped out, wanting the Princess to take caution. But now, she had trust on her ruler, just as much as Kyulkyung trusts her.

"Yes, you Majesty." Nayoung bowed again.

---

The six Royal Guards have lived the lives they have lost for so long. They gained credentials and respect from their fellow guards, especially Nayoung. For the Princess, she ruled Goryeo and the Kingdom prospered. And with the connection of Princess Kyulkyung and Royal Guard Nayoung? The pestering continued...

But now, Nayoung couldn't be happier as the Princess pesters her in the lone of duty...

+++

That was it! I would've made it longer but I have limited time due to my academic life. Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed. Love lots from asahdako.