Leadership: Disbandment (Nayoung • Doyeon)

Remember

Characters: Lim Nayoung, Kim Doyeon

Requested by: decembersecrets

Title: Leadership: Disbandment

+++

Doyeon was usually the happy-go-lucky girl. With an impression of being a tall beauty, she gained so many fans and had a wonderful time debuting with Yoojung, together with the rest of IOI.

But with the disbandment on its way, Doyeon changed drastically. Somehow, the happy-go-lucky girl had gone angry, cold, and elusive.

She would flip out. She would get angry, scared even. But the one thing Doyeon loathed about the disbandment is the uncertainty of what lies ahead of their lives as either artists of back to being a trainee.

---

"Are you serious, Sohye?" Doyeon asked.

"Yeah." Sohye shrugged. "I won't be seeing you guys again. After a year with StarShow 360, I'm off somewhere and I'm not certain if I'll come back."

"Why don't you just stay and be an actress?" Mina spoke as she held Sohye's hand. "Please, Penguin...you can't leave forever."

Sohye just shrugged it off. She didn't want to talk about as she left. Yeunjung went to follow as Mina cried about the news.

Sohye would've come back and be an actress, just so that they can see each other still. But no. Sohye chose a path of return, making the IOI members worry.

" her." Doyeon grew angry, slamming her fists on the table. "She's selfish. If she wants to leave, fine! We're all leaving each other sooner or later."

Yoojung and the rest were shocked. Doyeon disregarded their reactions and went out. Chungha was about to catch up when Nayoung went out before she could.

Outside the dorm, Doyeon crawled onto her knees and cried by the balcony. Little did she know her leader was following and was not sitting next to her.

"Don't get angry at Sohye." Nayoung said. "We need to respect her of her decisions."

"Then why is she leaving?" Doyeon asked as she cried. "I thought we should be in touch despite the disbandment. Why, unnie? Why does Sohye want to seclude herself away from us? I thought we're sisters who care for each other."

"I'm sorry if I cannot answer your question, but I do know this..." Nayoung spoke, comforting Doyeon with a pat on her back. "Sohye is uncertain of the future. Sure she has the determination to do things of her free will but look on the reality, Doyeon. Sohye's inexperienced in the field of entertainment that not even the smallest of companies can request her on broadcast or in any field in the industry."

"You're right about that, unnie..." Doyeon said but she contradicts. "...but if I were in her shoes...even though I can't have any opportunities, I'm staying. I'd be willing to stay just to take a glimpse of you guys than not being able to see you again...ever."

Nayoung never thought about that. She sighs as she pats Doyeon's back. Doyeon sighed too as she leaned on Nayoung's shoulder. 

"You're right too. But let's be positive." Nayoung said.

"Be positive of what?" Doyeon asked.

"That despite of Sohye's decision, factors of her will contradict that path and she'll come back and stay... forever." Nayoung said as she pats Doyeon's back.

"Wow..." Doyeon commented, enlightened of Nayoung's words. "Thank you, unnie."

"Anytime." Nayoung said again.

Doyeon was thankful for Nayoung. For her, Nayoung was indeed a leader.

---

Doyeon was forced to listen to a conversation with Chaeyeon, Mina, Sejeong, Kyulkyung, Nayoung, and Yoojung. Doyeon was a bit frustrated as she puts a hand by her chin, listening.

Sejeong and Mina shared their moments with Gugudan, Chaeyeon shared some funny moments with DIA, Yeunjung shared of some comments about her from WJSN, and Kyulkyung kept nagging about the new kids from Pledis Girlz.

Doyeon watched Yoojung smile and fascinate about such stories but knowing her for almost nine years, she knew when Yoojung hides her feelings and what feelings she's hiding.

As she sees, she hiding her true feeling of jealousy.

Despite of some news that Fantagio will debut a new girl group this 2017, Doyeon fears of the future. Will they really debut? What will it be really like to debut on your true company? Maybe it will be awesome. And maybe they could share stories like these.

"Doyeon, is there something wrong?" Nayoung asked.

"Huh?" Doyeon reacted as she sits normally. "I'm fine, unnie. Mind me."

"Are you sure?" Nayoung asked again.

"Yeah." Doyeon nodded. "If you'll excuse me."

Doyeon went outside again. Sejeong wondered as she said. "Doyeon's been weird lately."

"It's the disbandment." Chaeyeon said. "I felt the same way but I wouldn't react much, not because I don't care but...a thing like this can't be fixed with a negative feeling. Face the reality. The disbandment will be coming and we should accept. Besides, we wish the best for everyone."

Most of them agreed. Yoojung was abstaining as Nayoung sighed and went outside to check on Doyeon again. Nayoung sighed as she sees Doyeon moping at the balcony then went to sit beside her.

"What a load of , huh, Doyeon?" Nayoung asked as Doyeon faced her.

"Tell me about it." Doyeon mumbled. "It's not that I'm not a decent person in terms of being strong but...I always believed that there are just things you cry about despite of how petty the reason is."

"True. And your reason isn't petty. It's a sign you care." Nayoung said back.

Doyeon chuckled. She looked at Nayoung and plastered a smile, all while giving a questionable look.

"How could a Stone like you be so caring?" Doyeon asked. 

"Why do you guys ask that? There's always that possibility, right?" Nayoung chuckled.

Doyeon laughed but she wondered as Nayoung batted. "But Chaeyeon's right about one thing. The disbandment is coming soon so you should ready to face the reality."

"Are you ing kidding me?" Doyeon laughed harshly of Nayoung's sudden remark. "You're such a hypocrite, unnie."

"Woah. Why do you say that?" Nayoung wondered of the sudden change of Doyeon.

"You're here, comforting me and then you spit some about letting me face the reality aside from caring towards the members? That's hypocrisy, unnie. And let me tell that not being able to face the harsh reality . It totally ."

"Relax, Doyeon. It's just a metaphor. I'm not going to commit hamartia if that's what you're thinking." Nayoung spoke.

"Hamartia?" Doyeon wondered.

"A fatal flaw. Let me say it again." Nayoung said as she scooted closer. "I'm not committing a fatal flaw to my words. Hypocrisy is one thing I avoid."

"So... what are you saying?" Doyeon asked.

"I may be understandable of some things but I would never let such beliefs down. You see..." Nayoung said, looking into the sky. "...I spit words that could kill your belief... without giving in to my conscience to turn your down onto your belief. I spit words that discourage you towards the disbandment without wrecking my conscience of your belief of having a forever with the rest of IOI."

"A metaphor, Doyeon." Nayoung added, adding pizazz to her words.

Doyeon was somehow relieved as she hugs Nayoung. A door opened and they look to see Chungha.

"Is it Dr. Phil in here?" She asked.

"No." Doyeon and Nayoung spoke at the same time.

"Come inside for some food Somi cooked." Chungha said as she went back.

"Alright, shall we go?" Nayoung asked.

"Sure." Doyeon nodded.

---

"Unnie! Chaeyeon and the others are here." Chungha cheered.

"Them?" Doyeon asked.

"It's Chaeyeon, Mina, Sejeong, Yeunjung, Kyulkyung, and Nayoung-unnie." Chungha answered.

The six came in and went to the dining table right away to eat. For Nayoung, she greeted Chungha and the rest who stayed before she could eat.

"Where's Doyeon?" She asked.

"Oh, you're back? Not even a hug?" Doyeon asked those who ate. "Hey, Nayoung-unnie."

Doyeon hugs her. Nayoung hugged back Doyeon asked. "Why aren't the others greeting unlike you?"

"It's been hectic, Doyeon. They're hungry and tired. Mind them." Nayoung said.

"How incurably so..." Doyeon mumbled. "I hate people like that."

"Now, now, Doyeon...please be nice." Nayoung said. "Let the rest of the members come here and eat."

Chungha called the rest and a few minutes later, all 11 of them are on the table. All of them are quietly and Nayoung could feel some tension between Doyeon and the members who were already debuting on their respective groups.

"How are you guys?" Nayoung asked to stop the silence.

"We're fine, unnie." Yoojung cheered. "Even Somi's messing around and having fun."

Somi laughed as Doyeon spoke. "We've been great, unnie. How are you?"

"Clearly a biased statement." Mina coughed. "Nayoung-unnie is been busy like the rest of us and you had to ask how she's doing? How quaint."

"Whatever." Sohye spat as Mina was silenced. "Nayoung-unnie, have some apples."

"Sure." Nayoung nodded and took a slice. "Anyone else?"

They got their own slice as Sohye reached the plate closer to each person. Mina was about to pick when Sohye served her two slices. Mina lowered her head as the continue eating.

"Perhaps any details about your schedules, unnie?" Doyeon asked as she was curious.

"Clearly you sure are desperate to know much." Sejeong said.

"I also think you're articulate with Doyeon's curiosity." Chungha spat.

Doyeon laughed lightly as Sejeong was silenced. Nayoung sighed as she answers. "So...you wanna me to tell stories of my schedules?"

Everyone nodded. For Kyulkyung, she nodded once as she gave the table for Nayoung to speak. 

"Yeah, we'd love to hear it, unnie. It's been weeks since you come home and made stops for hugs and kisses so we're eager to listen," said Doyeon.

"Lay it out slowly, unnie. No pressure," said Yoojung.

"Are you...acting on purpose?" Chaeyeon asked her.

"It's not acting, Chaeyeon. We are eager to know so don't spit as if we're doing this out of attention seeking." Chungha batted.

Nayoung glared at Chungha and the dancer lowered her head and stopped saying . Chaeyeon almost chuckled as she adoringly held Nayoung's hand.

"And let me say this. Thank you so much for buying us food after your schedule, Nayoung-unnie." Somi cheered.

"You bought the members with no schedules some food last night, unnie?" Yeunjung batted. "What about us who had a lot of schedules?"

"You said you ate. The kids who stayed haven't." Nayoung reasoned. "It was my pleasure anyways. Now, enough with the initiation of arguments and lets eat peacefully."

Everyone obeyed their leader and ate again. Somi and Yoojung raised questions to Nayoung of her schedules and the leader answered. They also shared their moments at home. Doyeon and Chungha said theirs as Sohye laughed along with them.

However, Yeunjung and Kyulkyung contradict and shared more of their schedules. There was a sense of arrogance into it and Doyeon cringed. That continued for a while. Chungha, Sohye, Yoojung, and Somi were cringing that Doyeon had to save their asses out of inhibition.

"Uhh...next topic." 

"Who the hell says it's done?" Yeunjung asked. "We're just getting started."

It continued. Doyeon gains her cool but a little bit of it was bursting out that she told Yeunjung to shut up. 

"Doyeon. Sit down." Nayoung reprimanded.

Doyeon could almost cry as she obeyed. "So, let's talk about-"

"Have you guys prepared your stuff yet?" Sejeong asked.

"Why are you asking that?" Chungha asked.

"For the disbandment, of course." Sejeong said and Doyeon triggered. "It's almost over, guys. Luck favors those who prepare."

"I bet Fantagio's new girl group will be exciting with Doyeon and Yoojung in it," said Chaeyeon.

"Also, Chaeyeon-unnie's had a load since she's been acting and doing such a wonderful comeback with their DIA sub-unit." Kyulkyung cheered.

"Yeah, even Chungha-unnie and Somi." Yeunjung said. "I assume you'll have a good time on your solo careers."

Sohye was lowering her head about their plans. Doyeon comforted her as she whispered. "Sorry for being angry at you and for this. This was not in the plan."

"You seem so sympathetic and pitiful, Doyeon." Mina batted as she gave a serious look. "Has the enlightenment from the disbandment and hypocrisy found its way to your brain?'

"Mina!" Nayoung reacted.

"Can we for one second not talk about the disbandment, please?" Doyeon said, trying to gain her composure. "I know you've been busy and that the disbandment is around the corner but there's still our IOI promotions."

"Yeah. You can talk all of that for anytime you want after the disbandment but for now, try to focus and remember that we're still IOI." Somi said.

"What's there to talk about? We have only the concert left." Kyulkyung spat. "And don't spare me the bullty details on us being IOI okay because it's over."

"It's not." Sohye said. "If we're already in the brink of ending our promotions as IOI doesn't mean it's ended."

" that. Let's not talk about that-"

"It's true, unnie." Yoojung interrupted Sejeong. "It's not yet the ended because we're still IOI, a family-"

"That doesn't matter anymore!" Mina yelled. "IOI is just a temporary group. We're like a one hit wonder. Our existence as members of a national group cease to exist the moment we disband-"

"But it can't." Chungha batted. "We know that in a literary sense but-"

"Screw that, unnie. We can't be like this again -" Yeunjung batted.

"-it's possible to still have our essence as sisters. None of us are apart at heart because for those 333 days of promoting together, our bond will always be there."

"That's just a fantasy, unnie." Kyulkyung said. "It's a fantasy that we cannot involve in our artistic whims. Me? I refuse to pity that in which our group is accustomed."

"Who says about pitying each other?" Doyeon batted.

"Of course, you guys need the pity. You are not accustomed of debuting as an artist. The whole opportunity of debuting depends on it. For you guys, you are trainees who'll just live up your days to face the struggle of training and us as already debuting artists, we pity this. So we look down and even guide you like little babies." Chaeyeon spoke and everyone gasped.

"'Unnie's right." Yeunjung laughed. "You guys are a side effect to a never-ending path of assurance of debuting that cares little of grabbing any opportunity and waiting for chance to pass by. Try being like Sohye for once."

"What did you say?!" Sohye grew angry as she faced Yeunjung in which Chungha and Mina had to stop.

"And let me say this. This whole thing? Us being IOI? It's like a failed experiment in mutation!"

That was the final blow. Doyeon gritted her teeth in anger. Mina was crying, hugging Sohye and telling her to stop. Yeunjung snickered as she pushed Chungha out but she was stopped by Doyeon.

"Listen, all of you!" Doyeon yelled, pointing at the ones who have debuted. "There's nothing you're going to spit on this group that's going to ruin us. We may only debut for a year but this goddamn bond isn't going to break because we are sisters! And let's me say this again, the disbandment and our separate ways!! ecause whatever happens, we'll always be IOI."

"Doyeon...face the facts. IOI is done." Chaeyeon cried.

"Bull." Doyeon cursed as tears fell on her face.

"It's done." Yeunjung cried harder.

"IT'S NOT, YOU LUNATIC!" Doyeon bursts as she almost chokes Yeunjung.

"ENOUGH!" Nayoung yelled, throwing a glass on the sink, breaking the glass into tiny shards.

The rest stopped as they saw their angry leader. Kyulkyung went to comfort her but Nayoung shoved her hand away. "I want you guys to go to your rooms and make up. Argue again and I'll make you guys leave this dorm! Try promoting while living separately."

"Go to your rooms...now!" Nayoung yelled again.

Every member rushed towards their rooms. However, Doyeon stayed. Nayoung was about to scold her again when Doyeon ran outside. Nayoung sighed as she looked at her now bloody hand. She just sat at the sofa and called herself.

---

Later on the evening, Nayoung called the members to come out. Some of them made up with their roommates while some still needed closure. That's why, Nayoung called them so that they can have their open forum at the living room.

All of them talked and shared some secrets and moments. It was a release upon a puddle of tears. Yoojung was the crybaby. Mina was apologizing to Sohye in which it was settled. Somi cried, hugging, Chungha, Sejeong and Chaeyeon. Yeunjung apologized to everyone. Kyulkyung for her apology from Nayoung and they wondered where Doyeon was.

"Why didn't you call her? Kyulkyung asked Nayoung.

Doyeon came back from outside. Nayoung motioned her to join them as the rest nodded.

Of all the members, Doyeon was the most affected about the disbandment. All the members regretted that they didn't understand Doyeon sooner, except for Nayoung, who knew how Doyeon felt in the beginning.

"We're sorry, Doyeon-ah." The unnies spoke.

"I'm sorry, unnie." Somi cried.

Doyeon was still holding a deep grudge. They didn't cry. Doyeon was still angry as she stormed back outside. Yoojung was almost in the brink of crying but stopped as Nayoung went after Doyeon.

Nayoung got to the balcony to see Doyeon, sighing. 

"Doyeon." Nayoung called.

"Why didn't we have to debut forever? I just don't want us to break apart." Doyeon answered.

Nayoung could only sigh as she patted Doyeon's shoulder. "Don't mind that. The rest are already sorry and are at peace."

Doyeon could only nod. Nayoung pats her back again as she thought of what to say.

"You're right. Like any love story and any perfect moment, us being IOI will live with us and die with us. Now, don't mind about the disbandment. What matters is that we spend the time we have left for the betterment of ourselves."

"You're right." Doyeon calmed as she nodded. "Thanks, unnie. You really are my hero."

"Haha...thanks." Nayoung smiled. "Now come on. Let's meet back with the members and spend the rest of the days together."

Doyeon nodded as she and Nayoung went back.

Doyeon knew Nayoung was right. And she's going to have the best weeks with IOI by then.

+++

Fact Revealed!

This is actually a Doyeon-focused sequel of Leadership.

Wooh! Done with this!! ahahahaha love lots from asahdako