When I Met You: Feeling Blessed (Chaeyeon • Kyulkyung)

Remember

Characters: Joo Kyulkyung, Jung Chaeyeon

Requested by: Nicknurin

Title: Feeling Blessed

+++

They were born from the obscurity of life. The first one believed in the inevitability of life while the other clung to a belief that there is a silver lining of everything. They shared their moments as angels in their physical lives yet they were little devils as they face life for each other and only for each other.

They strived in life, earning respect. But as they grow older, they never thought GOD had gave them blessings in more ways than imagined. 

Jung Chaeyeon worked as a businesswoman specialized in culinary arts and interior design whereas Joo Kyulkyung was an also a businesswoman specialized in Chinese trade and philanthropy. They met in highschool as wanderers and victims of obscurity but they faced it, for decent work and decent lives, got married and had two kids, Doyeon and Somi.

For them, it was more than enough. However, even having the taste of luxury, Kyulkyung and Chaeyeon never forgot to teach their children of good values, including to put their faith in the Lord.

That was pretty much of their summary yet...life still went on as good things have come to them...

---

Kyulkyung and Chaeyeon were at the park with their children, watching them play with the other kids. It was family day and they decided to go on a picnic. Chaeyeon was in delight seeing her children interact but she was distracted by a kiss on her neck.

"Kyulkyungie~" Chaeyeon cooed.

"Chaeyeonie, come here." Kyulkyung whispered.

Chaeyeon chuckled as she kept her wife company. They laid by the blanket, seeing the blue sky and bright sun cut open by the branches of trees. They held hands, shared the cheesiest lines, and even stole kisses from each other.

As much as they want to have their alone time, it had to be disrupted by a cry. And it was no ordinary cry. It was a cry of their second child.

Kyulkyung gasped seeing Somi on the ground, crying. She saw Doyeon having a little fight with the other kid as she went to stop them. Chaeyeon also went with her, checking on Somi.

"What's going on here?" Kyulkyung asked, getting Doyeon away from the kid.

"It's her, Eomma. She bullied Somi and took her stuffed frog!" Doyeon defended.

Kyulkyung looked at the kid who had Somi's stuffed frog and lent a hand. "It's not yours, kid. It's my daughter's. Now give it back."

The kid lowered her head and gave the stuffed frog back. The kid made a run for it. Doyeon was about to chase her when Kyulkyung stopped her. 

"Eomma-"

"It's fine, Doyeon-ah. She learned her lesson," said Kyulkyung.

Doyeon and Kyulkyung whipped their faces towards Chaeyeon, who was carrying Somi and shushing her. The family went back to their spot at the picnic area and we're comforting the youngest member of the family.

"Don't cry, Somi-ya." Doyeon wipes her sister's tears.

"Aigoo, my poor baby girl." Kyulkyung cooed as she fixes Somi's hair. "Here's little Croaky~"

Kyulkyung did a little song about the stuffed frog and Somi laughed as she cuddled her stuffed frog again. Chaeyeon was done mending Somi's scratch on her knee as she kissed the bandaged knee. "There."

"I want Eomma Kyulkyung and Doyeon-unnie to kiss it too." Somi pouted.

Kyulkyung and Doyeon chuckled and kissed Somi's bandaged knee. Thy share their laughs and decided to eat and enjoy the rest of day together.

---

Somi was now three years old and will be attending school soon. Doyeon was already six years old and is a first grader and she was hyped up that Somi will attend on the the same school she's studying.

Today, it was the first day of school. Kyulkyung was helping Doyeon with her things as Chaeyeon fixed Somi. 

"Now, be a good girl at school, okay?" Chaeyeon said as she adjusts Somi's uniform. "You should participate, make friends, and stay out of trouble. Understand?"

Somi nodded. Kyulkyung chuckled for them as she adjusts Doyeon's uniform. "Remember what I told you before. Be the good big sister and watch over Somi, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am." Doyeon salutes and Kyulkyung couldn't hold her adoration towards her tall six-year old daughter.

The family got out and went to their car. Doyeon and Somi sat at the back, Chaeyeon at the front with Kyulkyung on the driver's seat.

"Seatbelt first." Kyulkyung said as she saw Doyeon putting on Somi's and her own. "Good girls."

Kyulkyung went to put the seatbelt on her wife, stealing a peck on the cheek. The kids had sharp eyes. Doyeon cooed and Somi gagged, making their parents laugh as Kyulkyung drove them to school.

As they got there, Doyeon grabbed Somi's hand and bid goodbye to their parents. Doyeon sent Somi to her room and said: "Have fun, my dongsaeng. Remember what Eomma Chaeyeon said to stay out of trouble."

"Ne." Somi said then pecked Doyeon's cheek. "I love you."

"Hehe...I love you too." Doyeon said as Som enters the room. "Make friends!!"

Doyeon chuckled as she went to her room.

*hours later*

Chaeyeon went to pick her kids up. Kyulkyung still had a meeting with her investors so she couldn't come with her wife in picking up their kids. As Chaeyeon came inside, many parents greeted the woman as she was famous in being a businesswoman. Chaeyeon was obliged to greet them back.

"Isn't that your daughter, Mrs. Joo?" A parent asked.

"Yes. That's Somi, my youngest daughter." Chaeyeon answered.

"She's as pretty as you are, Mrs.Joo and she's a kind child." The parent said as she clapped lightly.

Chaeyeon watched as Somi was sharing her snacks with her classmates. Doyeon was also there, having a chat with her older classmates. All children interacted as Doyeon and Somi were the center of the limelight.

"Doyeon-ssi has always been a good pupil. And Somi is really energetic and well-behaved." The teacher came in and greeted Chaeyeon. "You have such beautiful children, Mrs. Joo, inside and out."

Chaeyeon thanked the teacher and the parent for their compliments. Doyeon and Somi saw their mother and they went to hug her.

"How's school?" Chaeyeon asked.

"I got an A in a test, Eomma." Doyeon said.

"I got a star for being Most Energetic." Somi cheered, showing her pinned star.

They broke their hugs. Doyeon and Somi greeted the elderly, especially the teacher. Chaeyeon smiled as she never thought her children grew up to be good, just as she taught them.

"Where's Eomma Kyulkyung?" Doyeon asked.

"She'll be here to pick us up." Chaeyeon said to her eldest child.

The honk of a car was heard as Kyulkyung arrived. The Chinese girl was greeted by the mothers and some of them even had crushes on her, making Chaeyeon's ears cringe a little.

"Eomma~" Doyeon and Somi tackled their Alpha mom for a hug.

Chaeyeon smiled of the sight. She bid the teachers and parents goodbye as they went to the car. Doyeon and Somi hopped back in at the back as Chaeyeon got to hers. Kyulkyung got in too as she starts the car.

"How's school?" Kyulkyung got her turn to ask.

"They did excellent, dear." Chaeyeon said for her kids.

"Well, our excellent kids should deserve a reward!" Kyulkyung said and her children cheered.

"Ddeokbokki~!!" Doyeon and Somi chanted, even Chaeyeon.

Kyulkyung smiled as they drove towards a restaurant.

---

Somi was sleeping like Snorlax, agape and her stomach showing. Her blanket was already was on the floor and she was drooling on her stuffed animals.

Doyeon was awake. She checked the time, it was 5 A.M. She cheered, asking up just in time. She checked on her sister and decided to wake her up.

"Somi-ya... Somi-ya!! Hellooooo~?" Doyeon cooed.

"Joo Somi, wake up~!!" Doyeon yelped.

"I don't wanna go to school. Five more minutes..." Somi whined.

"We're not going to school. It's a Saturday. We need to wake up now. We're making Eomma Chaeyeon and Eomma Kyulkyung breakfast, remember?"

Somi jolted up, wanting to get started. The younger 7 year-old was pumping her fist but her ten year-old sister went back to her bed, fixing it. 

"Come on, Somi. Fix your bed first. Eomma Chaeyeon doesn't like that we go out without fixing our beds." Doyeon said.

Somi nodded, fixing hers quickly. Once they finished, they went to the kitchen to make a surprise breakfast for their mothers.

At the parents' room, Chaeyeon was already up, gazing at her wife, sleeping like Snorlax, just as much as Somi would do.

Chaeyeon recalled at this wonderful memories with her and their kids. Now that Doyeon was 10 and Somi was 7, she couldn't help but admire her kids growing up so fast and them getting older by the minute.

Kyulkyung groaned and yawned and Chaeyeon tackled her wife with a dose of morning kisses.

"Somi-ya...don't mess the kitchen...zzzz..." Kyulkyung mumbled on her sleep.

Chaeyeon found her wife adorable. She smirked, biting her wife's ear, causing the Chinese woman to jolt up. Chaeyeon giggled and gave her wife a kiss. "Good morning, baby..."

"Morning..." Kyulkyung yawned. "What time is it?"

"It's 6 o'clock." Chaeyeon answered.

"Omo-I have to make breakfast!" Kyulkyung jolted towards the kitchen. 

Chaeyeon chuckled as she fixed their bed. As she finished, she followed her wife to the kitchen, only to see her cry. Chaeyeon wondered but as she saw the kitchen, she cried too.

"Good morning, Eomma~" Doyeon went hug them first. "What do you think?"

"Eomma~ we made breakfast." Somi said as she hugs her mother's tight. "Don't worry. We didn't mess the kitchen."

Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung were so happy as they hug their daughters tight. Doyeon and Somi hi-five each other as they found their parents so cute when they cry. But they know they were happy.

"Do you know how proud I am for you guys?" Kyulkyung said as she pats her daughters' heads.

"You did great. I'm sure the bacon, eggs, and pancakes will be delicious." Chaeyeon said, carrying Somi. "Now let's eat."

The family cheered. They sat, said their blessings and thanks as they ate.

---

Chaeyeon was screaming her lungs out as Kyulkyung was there by her side. Kyulkyung's ears were deafening as she recalled all that had happened.

When Doyeon turned nine, Chaeyeon became pregnant with their third child. Somi and Doyeon were excited to have a new sibling. Doyeon liked more responsibilities whereas Somi was relieved she's not the youngest anymore. But Kyulkyung? She had to deal those forsaken nine months of her wife's mood swings, especially when it comes to food. But all in all, she loved her family. She loved Chaeyeon so much.

And when the labor came in, Kyulkyung had to bear those screams as Chaeyeon pushes. 

"Calm down, baby...one more push..." Kyulkyung said.

Chaeyeon nodded. And when she did her last push, a cry was heard. Kyulkyung sighed in relief and was crying out of pure joy. Chaeyeon held her wife's face as she smiled.

"Congratulations, Mrs. Joo. It's a beautiful baby girl." The doctor cheered.

The baby was so cute, crying. Kyulkyung couldn't hold her tears as she holds her baby. "Hey...hi, my little trooper."

Kyulkyung went closer to her wife as Chaeyeon held her baby. She cries in joy, seeing her baby so cute as she holds Chaeyeon's pinky with her cute hands. "You name our baby girl, Kyulkyungie."

"Well... Doyeon and Somi helped me with this one." Kyulkyung chuckled. "Sohye."

"Sohye..." Chaeyeon liked the name as she places the baby close to her arms. "Our little Sohye."

The doctors teared up seeing such a wonderful family. Chaeyeon was crying as she held Kyulkyung close to her. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." Kyulkyung said, kissing Chaeyeon's forehead. "I always have and always will."

---

"Peekaboo!" Somi does a face to the two-year old Sohye.

Sohye laughed cutely, safe in the arms of Doyeon. Her pacifier fell off as Somi went to get it and replaced it with a new one.

Kyulkyung and Chaeyeon watched in adoration of their three children. They have been such great blessings in their lives. Chaeyeon's life with her family was so worth it. 

"Hey." Kyulkyung asked, kissing her cheek. "Doyeon and Somi had been good in school. We should get them something."

"Doyeon and Somi have been dying to go to the Mind Museum in the Philippines. Should we schedule a vacation?"

"Okay. Let me get us some promo flights." Kyulkyung said, checking the schedules on her phone.

Chaeyeon watched as she gazes at her beautiful wife. She smirked, giving a little on her wife's neck.

"Not now, Chae. Not in front of the kids." Kyulkyung mumbled that Chaeyeon laughed. "Will if be okay on December?"

"Sure. Doyeon and Somi's classes would be ending on those dates." Chaeyeon said.

Kyulkyung nodded, reserving tickets for five. Kyulkyung puts her phone down and kissed Chaeyeon.

What a wonderful life for them. They were happy. They felt blessed...

+++

Okaaay, let's wrap it up! Haha...hope you guys love it. Lovelots from asahdako.