Paparazzi (Sejeong • Chungha)

Remember

Characters: Kim Sejeong, Kim Chungha

Requested by: rhk7130

Title: Paparazzi

+++

Here I am with the crowd, doing my all to come out and see the idol of my dreams. I grab my DSLR, taking pictures of her, standing proudly on the pedastal and singing with that shivering voice that could make anyone sweep off of their feet. 

Yes. That feeling was magical. And with our special relationship, the life was too fantastical to get away from.

"Chungha, got the pictures?"

I got out of my little monologue. I nodded, getting the camera's memory chip and giving it to our editor-in-chief.

"These pictures are magnificent." She said, copying every picture. "These will be good pictures for the headlines on Kim Sejeong."

"Come on, chief." Yoojung, my fellow photojournalist, spoke. "Chungha never misses a concert of Kim Sejeong. She's always reliable on headlines regarding the singer."

"Yeah. You even wrote a magnificent headline about her, like you two live together or something." The editor-in-chief spoke.

"That's just me, Boss. I'm her number one fan." I smiled.

---

"Honey, I'm home."

A girl with a bright smile greeted me. She went to hug me and I hug her back.

"Aigoo...why's my cute hamster so tired? Are you hungry? How about I make us dinner?"

"What? You didn't eat yet?" I asked as she shook her head cutely. "Aigoo, just sit down. I'll make us some dinner."

*minutes later*

My girlfriend and I ate dinner happily. I was eating my salmon when a noticed something on the edge of her lips. 

"Let me wipe that." I grabbed a tissue but she pouts. "What is it?"

"Kiss it out." She said, pointing to the mess on the edge of her lips and made a kissy face at me.

I chuckled and wiped the mess of with the tissue and gave a peck on her lips then going back to eating dinner.

"You're cute." She said to me.

"You're cuter." I said back. "And you were great on that concert."

Yes. Kim Sejeong. THE Kim Sejeong is my girlfriend. There. Confirmed as .

"I'm always great at all my concerts." Sejeong winked. "Which reminds me, I have a fanmeeting at Daegu this Friday. You must come. I'll tell Nayoung that you need to be reserved with the first seat, a good view for your pictures."

"I never thought Stone Nayoung lasts as your ing manager. I thought she stopped." I laughed.

"No. Seeing her girlfriend, Pinky, she can't leave her dancer. I'm her only chance of her getting close to that Chinese woman." Sejeong said.

"Look at time." I said, seeing it was already 8 in the evening. "I still have photos to import to my computer. You go ahead and rest, Sejeong. You still have schedules later."

"Okay." She nodded. "But let me wash the dishes first."

I nodded and went to my PC. I got the memory chip back from the editor-in-chief and started importing pictures to the PC. With every picture of Sejeong, I was stunned, my heart knotted in a good way, probably out of infatuation. But as I kept viewing these pictures, something occurred to me.

"Sejeong?" I called and she responds with a hum. "When will we ever show our love to family, friends, even to your fans?"

I heard a broken glass. I hastily went to Sejeong when she shook her head, saying she'll clean up the mess. I froze, watching her sweep the broken shards and resuming in washing the dishes.

She finished. She went closer, touching my face and sighing. "Chungha, you know we can't. It may be a privilege for me to say it to the world but...you know the consequences if you do."

You mean the consequences of rumors, loss of jobs, and involvement of innocent people in contravesies? Yes. Yes I do.

"Okay..." I said, lowering my head. "I'm sorry to ask this. It's just...I feel insecure. How could you date a fan like me?"

"That doesn't matter." Sejeong said as she kissed my forehead. "You're my Kim Chungha. I love you and nothing will change that."

I felt trust on Sejeong's words as I nodded, hugging her close to me.

My love life had to be a secret for the both of our sakes but I was willing to be patient for Sejeong, just like how patient she is with me.

---

Glamour has been in Sejeong's favor. From dresses to leather and jeans, she had glamour as if everything suited her. What can I say? She's a GOD after all. During the course of our relationship, I wasn't sure what it meant to be famous. I'm the typical person whose like a terrorist out of hiding. It's one of the reasons why I became a photojournalist. But now, I aspire to be something more for Sejeong. It may have a price but I'm ready for those flashing lights.

"Come on, Chungha. You can't quit." Yoojung pleaded.

"Think about it, Yoojung. If I work part-time as a photojournalist and a future dancer for Kim Sejeong, I'll get busy." I whined. "It's been my dream to be a dancer, Yoo. Come on. Support me."

"Man...*sigh* alright...but you're still giving me pictures for Kim Sejeong's headlines." Yoojung chuckled. "Thanks to your resignation, Editor-nim had to give the job to me. I get four times the payment but I want to give one fourth of it to you for helping me."

"Alright. You got yourself a deal." I said and Yoojung and I hugged.

---

It was nerve-racking. Here I am, auditioning as a future dancer for THE Kim Sejeong. As of now, we were evaluated on the audition and who gets to dance with Sejeong for a special number. With that sense of competition, I make sure I get the spot...for her...

"Next. Kim Chungha."

I saw Sejeong getting shocked. I gain my composure and answered all questions they batted on me.

"According to your resume, you are an avid fan of Kim Sejeong." The judge spoke and Sejeong chuckled on the back. "You had good pay for being a photojournalist, the best writer of headlines about Kim Sejeong. You have a great life ahead of you, Chungha-ssi. Why a dancer?"

"Well, being an avid fan of an idol, you aspire to get close and admire the idol more. Also, dancing is actually a hidden passion of mine that I really want to harness. I'm here right now to justify those reasons." I said.

I huffed as the music was played. I danced my heart out, careful with every step all while letting expressions out. During the dance, I made the judges wow and Sejeong? She looked like she never saw me dance before.

Seven years of dancing made me this so I was grateful to that. And knowing Sejeong's manager casted auditions, I had to grab the chance. The dance ended and I huffed. The judges applauded, even my fellow auditioners. Sejeong still had agape and stood up. "Her. Let her be my partner for the dance number."

"You're not choosing, Sejeong. It's up to the choreographer to decide," said her new manager, the one who replaced Nayoung.

I chuckled in my thoughts. But in retrospect, I really hope I will be chosen for the dance number.

---

"Chungha-ssi!"

I was ed up. I apologized to the choreographer as Sejeong stood there. I was at Sejeong's side as we practiced.

I was picked. I thought there would be a feud but majority of the judges, even the auditioners, agree that I get the position. I was overjoyed. I was one happy fan and one happy girlfriend.

The practices, as for me, were almost easy. I get the steps and I manage to execute them well. The choreographer was really impressed of me. But there was a catch. Sejeong couldn't catch up like I would and as a result, she would get scolded. 

"What the heck, Sejeong?! You are supposed to shine in this but just look at this. Chungha even does better than you!" She said. "What the heck? Are you a star, Sejeong?"

"Yes." Sejeong answered right away.

"Practice harder, alright? You better master that by tomorrow."

She left us to practice initiatively. I sighed, locking the door and faced Sejeong who was in the brink of crying. I went to comfort her and she sobbed in my arms.

"Aigoo...don't cry. I'll help you practice, okay?" I said, patting her back. "I'm nit going to let that scold you again. You're going to learn that dance number with me and we're going to nail that performance."

She nodded. With that, I taught her everything she needed to know and guided her as she learns her way through the whole dance. With various sessions and rounds of us performing the whole dance, we finally got it with no mistakes.

"Come on, Sejeong." I said, losing formalities. "Let's practice again."

I danced a bit of the performance and it triggered me that I need to exert more effort. I dance my heart out, unaware of my surroundings. As I finished, I saw Sejeong's face all red. I smirked as I read her whole features and motives like an open book.

"You like what you see?" I snickered and danced ily.

Sejeong had a lump on as I danced. I went closer to her and taunted her of my moves. I held her hips and taunted her with my moves. I held her face and inched to kiss her.

"Damn, Chungha..." Sejeong was flustered as I planted kisses on her neck. "Not here... someone's gonna see us..."

Hearing that, I sighed and let go. "You're right."

I told her to resume practicing and we did it for five rounds with no mistakes. As we had our sixth round, the end was different as Sejeong went close to hug me from the back. She held my chin and we share our passionate kiss.

"Sorry..." She apologized, her face her red. "...but let me make it up to you later."

I could only nod at that time. Somehow, I was in need of her and the thought of later made me ...

---

It was midnight. I jolted up, covering my body as I saw Sejeong next to me, our clothes scattered everywhere on the floor.

I bit my lip as I remember that little promise Sejeong made for me. When I got home, she was already in need that she tackled me for a kiss and we ended up making love for almost two rounds. It didn't last long. We'll be having another concert and we both have schedules in the morning.

"Ahjumma..." She called me of my nickname. "Come to bed again..."

"Pabo..." I mumbled and cuddled up to her. "I'm already in the bed, you cute Ahjusshi."

"Hey...I apologize for everything." She said out of the blue, leaving me flustered.

"Why would you say that?" I asked.

"I couldn't share to the world of our love because of our works." Sejeong spoke, kissing my forehead. "I wanted to make up to you for auditioning as my dancer." 

"It's okay, Sejeong." I said, cupping her face. "As long as I'm with you and we love each other, the secrecy doesn't matter."

"I love you, Chungha..." Sejeong mumbled.

"I love you too, Sejeong."

---

My aspirations to be with the idol of my life was going extreme. I wanted to be her girlfriend who's backstage on the show. I could watch velvet ropes hanging around for the setting and the guitarists playing as Sejeong sings with her golden voice. Who am I to decide that? No matter at any angle, Sejeong's will always be my precious star.

"Sejeong, what's wrong?" I asked as she got home with an angry look.

"It's my manager. She's a ." She mumbled. "She resigned because she couldn't stand me where in fact, I couldn't stand her and her attitude."

"What? Who's replacing her?" I asked. "Is Sajangnim looking for someone?"

"She is...but somehow, she can't find anyone trustworthy. She wants the new manager to be anyone in the company." Sejeong spoke.

I nodded. I was munching my cereal when Sejeong looked at me as if I was some sort of answer to her prayers. But then, I had to be sure.

"What?" I asked.

"Perfect." She said. "You should be my new manager."

I dropped the spoon. Sejeong gives that assuring smile. Well, I guess that hidden of mine is on its way of justifying if I'm up for the job.

---

I was called by the CEO for an important meeting. I got in her office as she lets me sit down. I was about to ask her of the agenda when she spoke first.

"As of this juncture, one of our staff has resigned from out company for personal reasons. I would be hiring someone to do this job properly but I don't have time. The only way I could do that is to find someone trustworthy who works in the company."

"What's the job, Sajangnim?" I asked.

"A manager for our singer Kim Sejeong." She said. "And the reason why I called you here is that...someone recommended you to do the job."

I'm guessing Sejeong did this. I'm still a bit undecided for this for I knew of such consequences of anything happened between us. 

"Why me, Sajangnim?" I asked.

"First of my qualifications for hiring a manager for my idols is that the person should be someone the idol trusts." She began. "Based of what I've heard from Sejeong, you helped her with the choreography for our last concert, which was actually the best-selling concert Sejeong had wherein a lot of fans came and tickets were sold out."

"Yes, I did. I had to do such responsibilities due to the fact she was being scolded by the choreographer." I said honestly.

"I see. As the CEO, I am grateful for what you did." She said and I bowed again. "With that, I want you to be her manager, Chungha."

I gulped. Despite of this chance to be even closer with Sejeong, it takes responsibility. I would change my persona into someone who will manage Sejeong of her schedules and to be there for her when she needs. Despite of doing that for her as her girlfriend, I can't do that in public. This is the industry, for Pete's sake.

Then again, I nodded. It's crazy. But hey, people do crazy things for someone they love.

---

In the years of being Sejeong's manager, it was going well. In the aspect of our work, it was all formal. She rocketed the charts with her songs and I was like her little pawn as I take care of her like it's all business with no personal background.

But then, the shadow of that is burnt. Doing this job was like dancing on fire, yellow turns and red swivels filling our sweet relationship. We had fights when we go home, no more sweet kisses or loving hugs. For me, it was all work and nothing more. That thought made my lashes dry and my eyes cry out of regret.

What am I doing? What happened to our love? Why is it withering? Why does it feel like now?

"Just stop it." Sejeong grabbed the papers and threw them on one side of the room. "Stop thinking about this and calm down."

"How can I not, Sejeong?" I asked as I grabbed the papers. "The concert is due early than expected and I need to arrange schedules for you. They're going to be hectic and Sajangnim needs the list by tomorrow. And ! I haven't started the draft yet."

"Chungha..." I heard her call. "What happened? Why are you like this now? You're always taking your job seriously and not think of me as your girlfriend. I thought you love me."

"What the are you talking about?!" I said, infuriated. "Let me ask you that again before you chased your dream! Don't you know I grew tired of hiding this relationship because of your fame?! You're a singer and what am I? You're little pawn called a manager."

"Chungha, that's not you." Sejeong said. "You're not a photojournalist, nor a dancer, nor a manager. You mean more to me than that. You're my girlfriend."

"Then why? Why do you always tell me to keep all this hidden like the world is going to turn back on us?" I asked, crying. "So what is the world does that? I thought our love mattered to you. When I had my jobs, I always prayed one day we can say it to the world. But no. You kept insisting."

"Chungha..."

"I had to get close to you through all those three jobs to open your mind that I love you and that we shouldn't be ashamed of that. But you pushed me to that kind of thing and do you know what the result is?" I asked and held the papers right in front of her face. "This."

I cried. Sejeong was also crying as she went closer to hug me. "Chungha..."

"I'm sorry, Sejeong. My patience has withered. If you...if you can't let the secrecy go, let's stop this relationship. Besides... what's the use of our love if we're too ashamed to say it to the world? A love that's hidden loses its essence, Sejeong. I'll just be your manager. Nothing more, nothing less."

I went inside the room, locking the door. I crouched by the door as I heard Sejeong knock and call me but I paid no heed.

I wasn't in the mood for this. I could only cry as the thought of letting go killed me emotionally...

---

I was feeling real good with this separation, like dancing to good music in the studio. Seriously, being in this ty relationship with Sejeong was like snapping only fixed with good news in the radio. I would've flipped out for this but I'm not stopping for anyone, even for her. I may have gone rotten and untruthful like plastic but hey, I deserve to have fun, right?

"Chungha?" Yoojung was shocked as she was with another recruit.

"I'm back at the primary job, Yoojung." I said then shaking hands with the recruit. "Nice to meet you. Kim Chungha."

"Jeon Somi." She cheered. "Nice to finally meet you, Chungha-ssi."

"I heard you were Kim Sejeong's manager yet you quit? Why, Chungha? I thought it was your dream to get close to the idol." Yoojung asked.

"Aigoo, I don't fit in the music industry. I decided to quit being a dancer there and come back here. Luckily Editor-nim still welcomed me."

"Somi, can you excuse us?" Yoojung asked. "Chungha and I need to discuss something."

The recruit obeyed right away. As she was gone, Yoojung closed the curtains and locked the door. She came back and she asked.

"Was it because of your break-up with Sejeong?"

Yoojung knew from the start that I was Sejeong's girlfriend. I thought I couldn't trust Yoojung of this but I did...and she stuck to her word of not telling anyone.

"Yeah." I nodded. "I got stuck up of working for Sejeong I forgot the importance of love. I couldn't give Sejeong an assurance knowing I had my insecurities of our relationship. Like come on, an artist like her shouldn't date me."

"You two are idiots." Yoojung said and I was taken aback. "You think Sejeong didn't understand your desire of sharing your love to the world? And do you think you weren't important to her due to that secrecy? Come on, Chungha. She loves you...and I know you love her too."

"That's stupid. If she did love me, she wouldn't be afraid to say to the world that we're a couple." I mumbled.

"Love is shown in various forms, Chungha. Sejeong's way of love was the protection of your images. She couldn't say to the world of her love because she wanted to protect you." Yoojung said.

"I know. But why do we have to be in different worlds?" I asked helplessly.

"Fate has its purposes but destiny links you two together. The problems don't matter. What matters is you love each other." She said and I was shocked. " Chungha, I know you love Sejeong so much...and somewhere in that heart, you want her back."

That hit me. I stood up and made my leave.

"You're welcome." I heard Yoojung yell but I kept going.

---

I arrived at the company, only to be greeted by a locked door.

"Oh, come on!" I yelped but then, I grabbed a note on the door. "Get the key on the back door then enter. Huh? What the ?"

This was childish but still, I did the instructions and got inside the building. I turn the lights on but , the switches were sealed.

"What's this?" I asked myself as I saw a neon message by the walls. "Follow the arrows."

I was confused and I would ask myself how in the world would I follow these? Yet, I followed them. There were more arrows leading to the stairs. I was panting as the stairs were the only way to follow them. In the end, I got to the door that led to the rooftop only to be greeted by another note by the door.

". It's locked." I mumbled as I try kicking the door open. "Alright, lemme just decipher this message."

It was like fill in the blanks. As I read, I said the answers. As I said them, they lit green. I continued to read until it hit me. This was Sejeong's song to me when she was courting me before.

How did the company get this song? It hit me again as I felt something. As I finished, I cried. Who knew I loved Sejeong so much I missed her?

The door didn't open. I just cried, crouching on the stairs as tears flowed down my face...and a hand was cupping it.

"Don't cry."

I knew that voice. I looked up to see... "Sejeong?"

Sejeong gave me that smile as she hoists me up. She didn't say anything more and I just followed her out. As we got out, I gasped. I saw the staff, my fellow journalists, my fellow dancers, Sajangnim, and Sejeong's fans. I look at Sejeong and asked. 

"What's going on here?

I saw her kneeling on one knee. She had a ring on her finger and held another one just like it.

"Chungha..." Sejeong began. "You have been my biggest fan and you've been with me, following me in my work as a photojournalist, a dancer, and my manager. I'm so grateful that you've always seen me as a person you adore, that you've seen me as a superstar...and that you loved me despite of the secrecy I had to maintain for our images."

"Like you said, so what if the world hated us of our love? I won't be scared anymore, okay? I promise you I will be kind to this opportunity and I won't stop until I say to the world that I love you... and that you're mine..." Sejeong was already crying. "Chungha...baby...my love...let me chase you until you love me again. Please...come back and be my girlfriend again..."

I look around and everyone was cheering for me to say yes. This was too impossible to believe. Sejeong was really serious and the people didn't mind. They want us to be together and I was so happy for that.

I grabbed Sejeong's ring and put it on my own finger. I pulled her up and we share our hugs. I heard the people cheer around us as I sobbed completely on her arms. "What the was that?!"

"It was a love mission." She said, crying. "I told everyone that I was in love with you and that you were my girlfriend. I wanted you back so they helped me. Sajangnim whipped up a condition that if you succeed, you will debut with me."

"What? Debut with you?" I asked.

"Yes." She smiled as she held my face. "We will be a couple making music. We'll be stars... together."

"Kim Chungha..." Sejeong knelt again. "...will you be famous with me and marry me?"

I didn't hesitate and nodded. I kissed Sejeong and we hugged, earning applauds from everyone. 

God, that was ecstatic...and I couldn't be happier. I was with Sejeong again and felt the real love, finally...

*two years later*

The duo DoubleA rocketed the charts with their songs for two years. They wee successful in their career and made a name in the KPop industry. On the other side of the coin, they were a married couple living peacefully in their home together with their daughters, Mina and Yeunjung.

"Eomma, you gotta teach how to dance. I want to form a unit with Sohye someday." A five-year old Mina cheered.

"Hahahahaha...alright." Chungha said, showing steps to Mina.

Sejeong watched as she watched her dancing duo. A hug greeted her and she chuckled of that lovely voice. "Yeunjung~"

"Appa! Teach me too! I want to beat Mina and form a unit with Doyeon." Yeunjung whined.

Sejeong was obliged. She and Yeunjung went closer to the mother and daughter and they had a great time at home.

---

Chungha was Sejeong's biggest fan and has followed her. Sejeong was her superstar. They got famous together and chased their dream together towards their true path of love, almost like one of the good paparazzi...

+++

That was the fourth. I had to rush and resume the rest of the stories some other days because I have an assignment to do. For future readers, slow down of the requests because I will grant all of them, okay? 

Take some time. Love lots from asahdako...