Fire to the Rain (Doyeon • Yeunjung)

Remember

Characters: Kim Doyeon, Yoo Yeunjung

Requested by: rhk7130

Title: Fire to the Rain

+++

Doyeon never thought she could meet the obscurity of being an Alpha mother to her three children but being with her wife, Yeunjung, her life had gone so great with three bundles of joy.

Doyeon recalled the time Yeunjung got pregnant with them and they were born healthy and cute. Doyeon shared hugs with her wife and looked at the three babies. The first looked liked her, the second looked like Yeunjung and the third was a combination. Despite of that, the couple were so happy to have their children.

But as they grew up, it was starting to get a little different.

---

Kyulkyung was the eldest of the triplets and was the earliest to wake up. She got out of the house and breathed the fresh air, also enjoying the view of the sunset.

"Pretty...Eommoni and Eomma should see this." She said.

The girl hopped off of the ledge and ran towards her parents' bedroom. Kyulkyung saw her mothers sleeping. Doyeon was snoring and Yeunjung was cuddling to her. Kyulkyung found them cute but she wanted them to wake up.

"Eommoni! Eommoni, you gotta wake up!" Kyulkyung yelled.

She held Doyeon's arm and tried to get in between her parents. She called Doyeon a couple of times and Yeunjung could hear her.

"Doyeonnie...Pinky's awake..." She mumbled.

"Kyulkyung always wakes up early. Remember, before sunrise?" Doyeon mumbled back, still sleeping.

"Eommoni! Come on, Eommoni!!" Kyulkyung whined, pulling her mother's long arm.

She tried pulling but she fell. Kyulkyung whined and ended up tackling Doyeon... literally.

"Eommoni!" Kyulkyung yelled as Doyeon woke up dazed. "You promised..."

Doyeon rubbed her eyes and looked at her pouting five-year old. She winced, rubbing her arm but then she had no choice. She pats Kyulkyung's head and sat up. "Okay, okay... I'm up, I'm up..."

Kyulkyung cheered and got out of the room. Doyeon yawned loud as Yeunjung opened her eyes, also waking up. Doyeon got a good look at her wife and kissed her forehead. "Good morning."

"Morning..." Yeunjung greeted back, hugging her wife tight. "Come on. Let's get up.

Doyeon nodded and she and Yeunjung got up. They fixed their bed and got out of the bedroom, with Kyulkyung waiting for them. 

"Morning, Eomma." Kyulkyung hugged Yeunjung. "Morning, Eommoni. Come on, let's watch the sunrise."

"You go ahead. I'll wake up the two." Yeunjung said to Doyeon.

Doyeon nodded and went with Kyulkyung towards their rooftop. As they got there, Kyulkyung and Doyeon sat by the balcony and watched as the sun rose.

"Isn't it pretty, Eommoni?" Kyulkyung asked as she wowed.

Doyeon couldn't help a smile. She nodded at her daughter and hugged her. "It is. You know, the sunrise has some meaning."

"What is it, Eomma. Tell me, tell me~" Kyulkyung asked excitedly.

"It's another one of your Eommoni's quotes." Doyeon grinned yet her daughter wanted to listen.

"People's success rises and falls like the sun. One day, my success for our family will set on my time and will rise with you when you get older and have your own family." Doyeon said and Kyulkyung nodded.

"Really?" Yeunjung came into view with their other children, Yoojung and Somi. "You're telling our child that?"

"What? It's for inspiration." Doyeon shrugged.

Yeunjung didn't mind. Kyulkyung went to hug her siblings and played tag. Doyeon and Yeunjung sat on a bench and watched in adoration of their children. Yeunjung leaned onto Doyeon's side and the tall woman hugged Yeunjung and kissed her forehead and they laugh of their cute children.

---

Yeunjung was on her schedule while Doyeon had her day-off. Kyulkyung and Yoojung were at school and Somi was finished with hers. Doyeon picked her up but they made a stop on the park, walking.

Doyeon chuckled as she saw Somi running around, curiosity filling her whole being. She even scared off birds and feeding them with good old garlic bread. Somi saw a big bird and pounced but she didn't catch it.

"What are you doing, my little Somi?" Doyeon wondered as she chuckled, finding her daughter so cute.

"Pouncing." Somi said as she felt dizzy.

"Let Eommoni show you how to be on stealth mode." Doyeon said, holding Somi's shoulder and pushing her down lightly. "Stay low... to the ground."

"Okay. Stay low to the ground, right?" Somi whispered as she saw a bigger bird. 

"Shh...not a sound..." Doyeon whispered as Somi focused on that bird. "Take a step closer...closer...and...pounce!"

Somi caught the bird. Doyeon cheered lightly. Somi was proud of her accomplishment but eventually, she had to let the animal go. 

"That was great, Eommoni!" Somi cheered.

"I'm glad you had a great time. But we need to go. Your Eomma might be looking for us."

---

Yeunjung was sighing. She was a bit bored. Doyeon was at work and Kyulkyung and Somi were in school. Yoojung? She was sleeping. Yeunjung couldn't do anything but sit down the couch, kicking the stool aside.

"Eomma~ guess what I'm wearing?" Yeunjung heard Yoojung.

She chuckled. She decided to play along. "An orangutan one-piece?"

"Again with the orangutans, Eomma." Yoojung pouted then came in front of her mom. "It's a giraffe."

"Hahahahaha... that's cute." Yeunjung ogled.

"I'm gonna grow tall like Eommoni~. I'm going to the tallest in the family~"

Yeunjung laughed lightly of her daughter's field of her petty ambitions. As much as she would tell Yoojung she had less chances of growing tall, she couldn't wreck the innocent girl's aspiration.

"Eomma?" Yoojung tackled her mother and sat on her lap. "When I grow tall, what would that make you?"

"A cute teddy bear who's shorter than her daughter." Yeunjung answered and Yoojung laughed.

"Omo-your Eommoni and your sisters are home." The two heard a doorbell.

Yeunjung went to open the door only to be greeted by a kiss. She heard whines from her children as she gazed at Doyeon who just gave her a wink.

"Ewwww...what was that, Eomma?!" Somi yelled, covering Yoojung's eyes.

"It's a kiss." Kyulkyung said cutely. "It's a sign of love. Come on, we even give kisses to Eomma and Eommoni like that."

Doyeon and Yeunjung laughed at them. They spread their arms and their children tackled them for a ginormous hug.

---

Yeunjung was scurrying around, chasing her two energetic baby girls. Doyeon was sitting down, fixing Kyulkyung's hair. 

"Kyulkyungie~ I'm excited for the family picture!!" Somi squealed.

"Me too. And Eommoni is doing great with my hair." Kyulkyung said as she plastered a smile.

"Kyulkyungie, let's go out and play!" Yoojung cheered.

"No, no. Not until we finish the family picture!" Doyeon reminded them. "And you better not go out. I can't contain you yet thanks to your sister's hair."

"Come on, Yoojung. Let me work on your hair." Yeunjung pulled the child towards herself as she fixed her hair.

"Eomma~~" Yeunjung does two pigtails and Somi and Kyulkyung laughed. "Eomma, don't mess my hair~"

Yeunjung got Yoojung's hair finished. Yoojung went to the mirror and she was satisfied with her look. Yeunjung worked on Somi's hair as Yoojung goofed around again.

"Somi-ya, what can you suggest of a game later?" Yoojung asked. 

"It better not be anything dumb." Kyulkyung spat.

"No! The game I've planned is really cool." Somi assured them.

"So what's this really cool game?" Doyeon asked her children.

"Uhh...Jenga." Somi said.

"Jenga?! Jenga is a boring game!" Kyulkyung pouted.

Yoojung got the gist and whispered it to Kyulkyung. Kyulkyung chanted lightly and asked Doyeon. "Eommoni, can we go to the park after the family picture?"

"Hmm...what do you think, Yeunjung-ah?" Doyeon asked.

"Well..." Yeunjung hummed.

"Please Eommaaaa~" The three kids lined up and did pouts to their mother.

"Okay." Yeunjung nodded and the three children cheered. "And you better not play tag in the park again."

"Awww..." The children whined. "Eomma caught us."

---

Despite of Yeunjung catching her children's antics, they still went to the park. After the family picture, Doyeon whipped up a good old picnic basket for the family and decided to have a picnic at the park instead.

Yeunjung and Doyeon didn't want to ruin the children's fun so they let them play tag, but only around close premises. The children were having fun playing and Doyeon and Yeunjung. Not only that, the children went to the playground, enjoying the rides. Doyeon had to give them each 5000 won so that they can buy something to eat later. She had to make them busy so that she and Yeunjung have time for themselves.

Doyeon and Yeunjung laid by the mat, holding hands. Doyeon gave Yeunjung a piece of her cheesy lines and the singer reacted and squealed on some of them, finding her wife so sweet. Yeunjung held Doyeon's face and made her way to kiss her when...

"WAAAAAH.... EOMMA-AAAAHAAA!!!"

Doyeon and Yeunjung abruptly got up. Doyeon gasped as she saw Somi already on the floor, crying. Doyeon's Alpha maternal instincts were on fleek as she ran towards her child, scraping the dirt off of her and giving a wipe and kiss on her oo by her knee.

"What happened?!" Doyeon grew worried.

"It's Yoojung! She bumped into me and my ice cream fell!" Somi whined as Doyeon saw the dropped chocolate ice cream.

"You dimwit! You weren't careful!" Yoojung yelled as Kyulkyung ate quietly.

"Oy, watch your language, Yoojung." Doyeon reprimanded and Yoojung lowered her head. "You don't yell at your sister like that."

"Sorry, Eommoni...Somi..." Yoojung apologized.

Somi smiled and hugged her sister, accepting her apology. Doyeon sighed in relief that they make up and decided to buy ice cream for Somi and treats for the children.

Doyeon came back and Yeunjung was with Yoojung and Somi.

Wait a second. Where's Kyulkyung?

"Take these." Doyeon said as Yeunjung held onto the packs. "I'll look for Kyulkyung."

Doyeon ran around the park to look for her eldest triplet. She ran back and forth, coming back to the spot where Yeunjung was with the rest of the children. Eventually, all of them helped to look for Kyulkyung until it got dark.

Yeunjung lets Somi and Yoojung rest as they eat. She went to her wife who was leaning on the tree, exhausted for their little search party.

"Aigoo...where did that child go?" Doyeon asked, huffing. "Aren't you worried?"

"Don't worry. Kyulkyung will come eventually." Yeunjung smiled.

And she did. Doyeon gasped at her wife on how she keeps the events in her favor. Kyulkyung came back with a dirty face smudged with strawberry ice cream.

"Annyeong!!" Kyulkyung waved.

Yeunjung took some time to look at her daughter. Somi and Yoojung were cheering that their sister came back and Doyeon rushed towards her daughter, hugging her and wiping the mess off of her face. "Aish, you little...don't just disappear like that."

"Sorry, Eommoni. I was just helping an old lady with something. Sorry to make you worry." Kyulkyung explained.

Doyeon could only sigh and carry her daughter towards her family. They got their things prepared as they head home.

---

Yeunjung never thought she would get called by the teacher but somehow she was ready to find out of her children's mischiefs.

"Mrs. Kim, thanks goodness you came." The teacher welcomed the singer.

"Aigoo...what have been my children up to this time?" Yeunjung asked.

"Kyulkyung, Yoojung, and Somi are really precious children. They excel in class and always participate in activities. But recently, they have gone into mischief. Kyulkyung would steal her classmates' toys, Yoojung vandalized the school walls and Somi would climb onto the furnitures. I know they're very kind and wonderful children but would you mind tell them to be more behaved next time?"

Yeunjung could only nod. She thanked the teacher and got out, seeing her children bugging each other happy.

But Yeunjung? How can she be happy for this?

---

The car ride was silent. Yeunjung took a peek on the mirror, seeing her children lowering her heads as if they're aware that they will be scolded of their mischief. For the children, they knew of Yeunjung's dead silence.

"Eomma, are you mad at us?" Kyulkyung asked.

"I am. This is the fourth time already," said Yeunjung.

"Are we going to be in trouble?" Yoojung asked, her eyes all watery.

"Eomma, we're sorry. Please don't ground us," said Somi.

Yeunjung sighed. She knew her children didn't mean the whole mischief. "I won't ground you. But promise me you'll behave at school next time."

The three nodded cutely. Yeunjung may be mad but her heart always had a soft spot for her children's cuteness. Then again, she couldn't hold her chuckle thinking that Doyeon would be the one to scold them.

She knew of her wife and her instincts. She's going to scold the chidren when they arrive home.

---

Three years have passed. Doyeon and Yeunjung spend the weekend at home with their eight-year old chidren as they watch a movie...an animated movie.

Yoojung and Somi were singing along as Kyulkyung shushed them. Yeunjung laughed with her children as Doyeon dozed off lightly. 

But then, Yeunjung's swift way towards the bathroom woke Doyeon up. Doyeon got up and followed, leaving the children to watch the movie.

"Honey? Are you okay?" Doyeon asked through the door.

Yeunjung could only groan. Doyeon grew worried and she gasped as the chidren followed.

"Eommoni... where's Eomma?" Somi nudged her shirt.

"Eomma?" Yoojung quivered that Doyeon carried her and patted her back.

"What's happening to Eomma?" Kyulkyung grew worried. " Is she dying?"

Yoojung and Somi cried with Kyulkyung as Doyeon comforted them, saying their mother's not dying. The door opened swiftly and the four gasped, backing away, only to see Yeunjung with a ty look.

"Honey, what happened?" Doyeon puts Yeunjung down as she wipes Yeunjung's mouth.

"You kidding me? You don't know?!" Yeunjung's voice erupted straight at Doyeon. "Thanks to you, we're having a fourth child."

Doyeon recalled that one night her hormones raged that she and Yeunjung made love. She calculated the days and made a conclusion: Yeunjung was indeed pregnant with their fourth child.

"Shoot." Doyeon mumbled.

"New sibling for us~!!" Kyulkyung cheered.

"Hooray!!" Somi and Yoojung danced to Seventeen's Mansae, together with Kyulkyung.

Doyeon and Yeunjung laughed at their children. Doyeon kissed Yeunjung as they hugged, happy for the good news.

But for Doyeon, it was another phase of the raging bear Kim Yeunjung. She prays for herself and for her children...because taking care of a pregnant Yeunjung is like setting fire to the rain.

+++

That was the fifth. I'm so sorry for the pacing of the stories. I'll make sure of finish all of them. Love lots from asahdako.