After 8 years

We Got Each Other's Back: The Bestfriend

CHAPTER 2

The flashback caught me off-guard and realized that I am thinking about him again. That freaking jerk! 

"Unnie-ah, you okay?" My sister asked me half knowingly that I am not. "By the way, Mrs. Kim called me earlier, she was saying something about to help us" she added.

"The Kims helped us too much. They're always thinking about the debt that they owe our family. But their help is too much already". I replied not even eyeing her. 

"But unnie, they're only the ones who can help us right now" Indeed, yes. No one is left for us. Our grandparents died before my mother left us, leaving my father to own their business. 

"Unnie, please? You have still 5 years until you can graduate from college. What is they're offering is just for us to occupy 'your so-called room'". Jinhae added.

INDEED FREAKING YES! Our family is very close, to the extent that they provided me a room everytime me and Taehyung had sleep over. And great! The memories flash back.

"I'll think about it." I non-coherently address my sister to her pleading. "No, actually, I already said yes to them. And they'll be here in 30 minutes" My eyes wanted to jump off from their sockets by that time I heard my sister. 

"YOU WHAT?!?! When you-" I was cut when the doorbell rang.

"So I guess they're thirty minutes earlier" my sister passed me the boxes and headed through the door, when I hear "Oh! Taehyung oppa! How are you?"


 What the hell is he doing here?!?!?! 

"I was just here to help you to move your things into our house." I heard his reply to my sister.

 Kim Taehyung, are you really out of your mind?!?! We do not spoke for 8 freaking years and you're acting like nothing had happened?!?! 

Taehyung stepped into our door  and entered our house, picking up the boxes and placing it in their car. He improved a lot, I mean.. he grew tall, he's more handsome than ever... Wait?! What?! 


What the freak are you thinking Yoomi?!?!

My sister and I helped him in packing up our things.
---

Taehyung's POV

I was so nervous... I was driving slowly and stopped at their gates. Their house didn't change a bit the last time I saw it. It is still big and full of color because of the flowers in their front garden. I was hoping to see how Yoomi is now today. She hadn't been talking to me for freaking 8 years for God knows what reason it may be. 

I stepped out of my car and approach the door, ringing the doorbell. After seconds, her sister Jinhae was the one opened the door. Jinhae grew tall, maybe a little bit taller than her sister, but still, Yoomi's more beautiful than her younger sibling.

Jinhae greeted me politely and let me entered their house... and when I suddenly spotted Yoomi.. looking dumbfounded.

 I always find it cute when Yoomi is like that, she's very innocent and all.. But don't get me wrong, I don't have any special feelings for her. I mean, she's not my type.. at all. She's small, not y, and most of all, she's scary when she's mad. But above all that, Yoomi's very smart and strong. She blown all the students in our school, being the smartest student EVER. Not exaggerating, but she got almost perfect score when she took the entrance exam of our school. Yes, what the hell. She's the first one. Legendary. But scary.

I helped them pack their stuff and load it in our car. Yoomi looked so tired and exhausted, maybe because of the  bank taking over their house. 

After almost an hour packing and placing things, we're done.

I steal glances at Yoomi who looked tired and exhausted and sad, also. But she never looked ugly afterall. She's not the Yoomi I used to know--the Yoomi who always smile, the one who I held hands 8 years ago, the one who smiles a lot until her mom left them. 

I was very sad that Yoomi turned out like that; from a very happy and lovable girl into the most cold and silent person I ever seen in my entire life. She's very , it's like, only sadness can be felt in her aura.

After 30 minutes of driving, we are already in our house. They greeted my parents and my older brother, Daehyun a warm hug and she thanked them for all the help we offer.

"It's nothing honey. Your family did too much for us when we were downhill" my mother said to Yoomi and Jinhae placing a sweet kiss on their forehead.

 Yes, it is true. Yoomi's family is rich, I mean, they owned hectares of land and they had a good business, until they fall. They spend too much money on their grandparents who fell sick and died years ago. The only left for them is their family business who also fall because of his appa's death.

"It's nothing too Mrs. Kim, our family faced a lot of problems but still, were here. Together." Jinhae assured my mother, letting them enter our house. 

We took our dinner and talk about things. I stayed silent the whole time, just listening to Jinhae. Yoomi didn't talk too much, she'll just answer when asked and smiled a bit. When the dinner is done, Yoomi offered to wash the dishes; my mom and her spend time cleaning up. I go to my room, finishing the entire report that I will need for tomorrow.

God, it was very hard. I do not have the complete data of the experiment to finish this scientific paper. I groaned, cursing myself not taking the data from our laboratory class.

 "I wish Yoomi would help me troubleshoot this one" I told myself, reminiscing the past how would Yoomi will help me answering all my homework way back when we're still in elementary. 

I was caught up when someone's approaching me "You cannot do that by just staring in the wall" I was so surprised when Yoomi entered my room. 

"You don't mind if I help, do you?" She asked me without smiling. And that's how Yoomi talked to me after 8 years.

 

----

 

HERE'S SOME SPOILER THAT WILL BE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STORY, JUST GIVING U GUYS A HINT WHERE THIS STORY WILL GO KEKEKE LOVE LOTS!

The man clenches in his chest, he just cannot endure the pain... He promised that he'll protect her no matter what... but he cannot fulfill it anymore..