I Promised

We Got Each Other's Back: The Bestfriend

 

 

Yoomi's POV

Taehyung immediately got the wine glass from her hand and place a his hand on my waist.

"Are you okay Yoomi?" He asked me fully concerned. I couldn't say anything to him because I'm still shocked from what happened.

He spotted my bruised wrist.

He led me the way out of the comfort room, leaving the girl inside.

"What did she exactly did to you?" He asked me with eyes sternly fixed on me.

I am so scared when he's like this.

"She just held my wrist. She's drunk so she didn't know what she had done." I simply replied at him.

When Taehyung suddenly hugged me tight. His head burried in my shoulders, pacing down with my height.

"Please don't let anybody hurt you Yoomi. My mom, Jinhae, and you are the most precious thing I have in the world so please don't let just anyone mistreat you." He said and I am so shocked about what he said.

I could feel his tears touching my shoulders. After minutes of being there, I broke the hug and cupped her cheeks.

He really did cried. His eyes are reddened and cheeks are puffed. He looks like a kid who cries a lot. I don't know why did Taehyung immediately cried easy as that.

"Look Tae, I'm okay. You must fix yourself up." I said to him, he shook his head in disapproval.

Getting my bruised wrist and looking at it intently.

"Because of me, you are hurt. I promise that after this, you'll not be hurt again. I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you. I promised your father that I will protect you and Jinhae. But look Yoomi, I am failing you. It's must be my responsibility to take care of you because I love you so much that it hurts to see you like this." He said while sobbing.

From what he said, I was too dumbfounded. Taehyung loves me so much? I mean, it's normal right? For me to love him? Because I am his bestfriend for seventeen freaking years.

But I could feel other happiness in my heart when I heard him that he loves me. Why? Why is that?

I just momentarily deleted from my thought what I heard and try to cheer him up.


"Appa never failed to make me safe, and so you are. You are always there for me Tae, so you're taking care of me too. I know it." I remarked and gladly he stopped from crying.

The next thing happened really surprised me.

He cupped my chin and closing the gap in our faces.

Is he trying to kiss me?

What is going on?

I am so confused about what is happening.

I could feel his hot breathing and see that his eyes were fixed on my lips, directly approaching it.

My heart is telling me to close my eyes, but my brain is so confused.

My heart is telling me to linger the moment because I am happy, but my brain is telling me to remove myself from his.

But I remember what he told me months ago when we are in the park together, the night that we had a happy talk after eight years.

Taehyung loves someone already, this couldn't be. He already committed to someone and promised this girl to marry her someday.

"I already committed to someone else, and I promised her that I'll marry her when the right time comes" his statement echoed in my mind, again and again.

What should I do?
-----------

 

 

OMGGG!!!! HERE'S THE UPDATE! Please do comment and enjoy reading! Have a nice day everyone! :D I hope you're doing good! :D