Talk in the Balcony

We Got Each Other's Back: The Bestfriend

Taehyung's POV

When we arrived at our house, Yoomi seems to calm. The walk was silent but I enjoyed it knowing the fact Yoomi and I are holding each other's hands. Sometimes, silence is more than enough to speak the feelings compared to words. Holding Yoomi's hand feels so damn right.

Yoomi promised me that she'll never go anywhere without my permission. She told me that she will tell everything to me, even the smallest detail in her day.

The night went off and I am on my room, thinking about my feelings for Yoomi.

I am definitely sure that I have feelings for her, it's just, I am not sure how will I tell her the truth?

What if she doesn't feel the same and leave me again? What if our friendship will be compromised because of my feelings?

Late night thoughts are killing me.

"I badly need a drink right now."

I got up from my room and saw my dad in the kitchen. I know that he's still into that company problem that they're facing right now, it's saddening for me to saw my parents undergo such dilemmas knowing how good they are.

"Taehyung-ah, can I have a word with you?" Some father and son talks would be great especially when there's a problem.

We're sitting in the balcony, staring at the bright stars above when my dad starts his talking.

"Isn't it beautiful right? The stars shine bright even in the darkest of nights. Just like Yoomi." My father appreciates all the hardworks of Yoomi, from her academic life up to being a strong guardian for Jinhae.

"I know that you love her so much Taehyung. So, don't let anybody destroy the love you're binding together." I was so shocked about my father's statement. They are fully aware that this relationship is just a front for us.

"Maybe you're wondering why I know right? The way you look at Yoomi speaks it all. I saw the two of you grew up together so I know the both of you well."

"So you think that...." I was so afraid to ask questions because there are many things circulating in my mind, Questions that need answers.

"I think Yoomi's feeling the same way like you do, Taehyung." My father assured me. I cannot believe that Yoomi can like me the way I do, up until now, I am considering my confession will damage our friendship. Happiness hovered me but still, I need to hear that from Yoomi.

"Taehyung-ah, there are many problems in life that the both of you will face, but never ever let go of Yoomi's hand. I know problems are going to come but we're just here for the both of you. And always remember that, love conquers all." Sometimes, a night conversation with your dad in the balcony of your house can change your life.

 

/---------------

Hoping you're doing great! Have your comments below! :)