Forgive?

We Got Each Other's Back: The Bestfriend

 

Yoomi's POV

I could totally feel the happiness within myself. After all the bad things happened in our family, the people whom I love still manages to make me happy, not even failing me once. The second quarter of our senior high just ended, Yuuna and I received the most precious news: we belong to the students who excelled for the past quarters.

"Yoomi-ah, why can you do that? I mean, you're so pretty, smart, talented, all in all. You worked in school and in the cafè, plus helping Mrs. Kim in your household chores but you still excel in academics!" Yuuna pouted at me.

"You're doing really great Yuuna~ you belong to the 15th spot! I mean, you gained a lot of improvement!" I said to her cheering her up.

"Don't get me wrong, I am so happy with my class standings but look, you're a busy person but you're number two in the whooole school! While I am not doing anything but to study while I'm in the fifteenth!" Yuuna replied.


We continued chit-chatting about our standing. Until I remembered.. "Yuuna, what are your plans in college? I mean, where are you going to after this?"

Yuuna think of what probably the most accurate answer for my question. "I'll take an entrance exam at Seoul National University, if I got in then tadaaa~~ what about you? You're not going to leave me right?" She asked me with a 'what' face.

"Actually, the principal talked to me and Minho yesterday. They want to send students to their international partner schools and we can get scholarships. You can apply if you want" I replied to her while sipping my juice.

She was so shocked about what I told her, she remained silent at first but she said that she's very happy for me and Minho about that. We finish our little chat and go to our next class.

--
Taehyung's POV

I was walking alone through the left wing to head in my next class when I felt that someone's walking behind me, I look who that was and saw Minho. He stopped from his tracks when he saw that I look behind. From his face, I know that he's annoyed or angry for I don't know what is.

"Yo man." He started the conversation without looking at me.

"Are you going to say anyth-" I was immediately cut off when he put his hand on my shoulder--gripping my uniform.

"I know you like Yoomi, but I like her. I also knew that you're her bestfriend before. But that's all. Will you please stop seeing her? Or being friends with her? It's bothering me." Minho spoke still clenching on my uniform.

My blood is boiling from anger. Why would I do that? Why would I keep away from her? I just managed to keep calm and nooded to him.

"Great." He replied to me and walk away.

I was very angry that Minho has the guts to say that to me, but after all, Yoomi likes her, and Minho have the same feelings for her. Maybe Minho was right, I should probably keep my distance away from Yoomi to avoid anything.

After I reached my classroom, I immediately look up for Jimin and told what Minho said to me, for him also to stop teasing Yoomi at me.

"What did you said?" He asked curiously.

"I said yes." I plainly answered him.

"What?! Are you serious dude? Why would you do that? You don't even like Yoomi-ssi plus, how can you avoid her? You're practically living together?" He blurted out, almost half-shouting in my ear.

Jimin was right. Two times. Why would I keep away from Yoomi, I don't even like her, and we're living in the same house that is why it's impossible.

I just forget everything about Minho and Yoomi and focused on what the teacher is talking about.

I was so insecure about my standing. Yoomi got for the second spot while I'm in the 12th, probably my mom will scold me after knowing I was down two places.

---
Yoomi's POV

Yuuna and I worked together at the cafè that Minho's family owned. She thought that making money isn't bad afterall. She wanted to make money for herself instead of always depending to her parents. After hours of working at the cafè, we walked home and chat a bit.

"Yoomi-ah, do you still remember the time when yours, mine, and Taehyung's family always holding a gathering together?" She smiled while she reminisce the past.

Yes, our family was very close, that is maybe the reason why God and destiny put us together.

Yuuna and I reminisce the past, laughing and laughing until Yuuna said "You must forgive Taehyung for what reason he made you angry."

I was taken aback when Yuuna said that and realizing she was already in front of their house.

"Yoomi-ah, think about what I said. Taehyung needs you also, after 8 years of your non-existence, he still loves and cares for you. Good night my bestfriend! Text me when you're already home! Love youu~" she said and waved after.

I was walking home when I was also thinking about that. Maybe Yuuna was right. Taehyung did also the things to redeem our friendship. But still the madness of mine lingers in my memories.

But...

Taehyung needs me somehow, everybody needs somebody to lean on. Even the strongest person here in the world, even me...

Even though I almost surpass all the hardship that life gave me, I still do need someone, and most likely, Taehyung needs that also.

I am so childish enough to think that I must be mad at him after all of those years had passed.

I think I must forgive him.
------------------------------------------

 

Heyy guys! Please do comment and subscribe!