Happy Birthday (Part 2)

We Got Each Other's Back: The Bestfriend

Taehyung's POV

I am so embarassed-- I let myself first to think how to redeem myself in front of them. And what I thought was...

I immediately got myself into a bookstore for Yoomi's present. I don't want to get back there with nothing for the birthday girl. I want to redeem myself.

I am currently browsing for pen when I suddenly think about books. "Ahh books!" I talked to myself rushing into the book section. "I think Yoomi will like all of these." Until my hands roamed into a book which reminded me of the past.

Flashback

"Tae~" The young Yoomi ran towards me holding a book. "Tae~ look at them, they look so cute!" She beamed at me while holding a book that is covered by a man and woman who are locking their hands.

"Do you want to that thing Yoomi-ah?" I asked Yoomi without hesitation. "You know what Tae~ it's okay for you to hold my hands. You're my bestfriend after all. Maybe, if we held our hands together, it will be a sign for us to keep us together. And promise that I will never replace you." She replied while approached and held both of my hands.

I caught my own self spacing again. I must be good at picking which book I must bought for Yoomi. I spotted a book titled Magnus Chase and I thought Yoomi will like it because she likes Mythology things. I paid for the book and go to the restaurant. I find them eating already and sat up besides Jimin.

"Where did you go?" Jimin asked me while he munched at the tempura. "No where. I just went to the comfort room." I blurted out. I was scanning for Yoomi and saw something strange at Yoomi's right hand. Minho got Yoomi a ring.... Did he proposed? What did I freaking missed? When I was thinking deeply, Jimin removed my hand from the book I am holding.

"Wow! You going to read this?" He asked looking at the book, I saw Yoomi's eyes glittered when she saw the book. "Is t-that f-for m-me?" She asked me with anticipation and excitement. "Urr, I was checking on the book-" My statement was not finished when she got the book from Jimin and immediately hug me tight.

"Thank you Tae~~ I really owe you so much! Thank you thank you!" She is still mesmerized with the book. After 8 years, she called me "tae" again. After 8 years I saw the glittering eyes of Yoomi. God, I miss her so much.

Jimin, Minho and Yuuna was so surprised by Yoomi's sudden actions. And I admit that I am too. But she doesn't care at all, she's happy that's what matter.

The rest of the dinner was silent but I am happy because Yoomi was happy too. All of I can think are Yoomi's smile and her hug. I am so happy for her, and for myself also.

I don't know why Yoomi give me this kind of feeling. I don't know why I am thinking about her. I am so confused, but the confusion makes me happy. Maybe I will just let myself to be confused all my life? Or sort this thing up? But I am scared-- I am scared that maybe one day, the happiness will be lost again. Like how I lost Yoomi eight years ago.

"Why are you here eh? You're not Yoomi's friend either." Minho suddenly blurted out. I could see that he's pissed, by the tone of his voice, I know.

"Erm-" I don't know what I am going to say, as far as I know only Yuuna and Jimin know about our secret.

"Because he's my friend too Minho. He's Yuuna and Jimin's friend also, so I invited him too." Yoomi said to Minho, and he just nooded.

I felt relieved that Yoomi saved me from that sudden attack. I know that Minho was jealous that Yoomi invited me at her birthday. Yuuna and Jimin looked dumbfounded about what Yoomi answered Minho.

"How did you get to be friend with Taehyung?" Minho answered with a crept of curiosity, asking Yoomi and me. I know that Yoomi was lost for words too, but Yuuna saved us from Minho's question. "Because of me. It's because of me they got along. But don't worry, it's still you that Yoomi likes." Yuuna said that make Minho blush.

Jimin almost choked what he's eating. He darted me a 'what-the-fck-happened' look while I just shrugged off. So, it's true that Yoomi likes Minho, and Minho likes her also. I could feel that my temper is itching right now. But what can I do now?

After the awkward dinner, Minho offered Yoomi to walk home. I was very nervous for Yoomi, and so for Jimin and Yuuna.
"No! Yoomi is sleeping in our house. Jinhae was also there so we're going now. You could go with Jimin because he'll take the North bus." Yuuna nervously and defensively ordered Minho. Jimin blushed a bit that make Yoomi and I pressed our lips together to avoid from laughing. Minho with a bit confusion in his face obeyed Yuuna.

The three of us were walking and Yuuna bid us goodbye when she reached their house. We walked further, Yoomi is still glancing at the book with a smile.

"Taehyung, I am so happy you know?"
She started the conversation. My heart skips a bit when I hear what Yoomi said. "I know you'll like the book. That's why I bought it." I answered and smiled at her.

"No, what I mean is, even though my parents are not with me. You guys never forget to make me happy. Earlier, Jinhae gave me this bracelet, Yuuna bought a new pendant for the both of us, and Jimin gave me a cute bookmark, plus, your parents treat me in our favorite restaurant. And this" She said while pointing at the book.


I really miss this kind of conversation. I really miss her telling me stories like this. I am mad because she's telling Minho stories instead of me.

I want her back. I want my bestfriend back. I miss her so much. Eventhough we are living in one house, I could feel that we're million miles apart. I want her to be back at my side again. I feel safe whenever I am with her, though I am the one who supposed to make her feel safe. Yoomi always make sure that I am safe from any harm if she's by my side. I could do anything when she's with me, not because of her help but because she always believes in me. Always. Forever.

We already reached our house and she greeted my parents, thanked them with their present and sliced a cake for them. She bid goonight to all of us and dashed in their room.

 

 

---

 

PLEASE DO COMMENT GUYS! 💕💕 love love

ANOTHER THING FOR THE NEXT CHAPTERS! (I'm doing this to keep you on track and don't be lost in the future chapters, I'm so sorry! There are many couple here right, so just guess who's couple it might be, I just added Choi Minho to the characters because I love him so much way back 2013!)

 

The man wanted to redeem his love, he won't give up. Never. 

 

(Guess who's man it is!!)