What Do You Want?!

We Got Each Other's Back: The Bestfriend

Chapter three

 

"Are you out of your mind Kim Taehyung?!" How could you think you can finish this scientific report by not collecting all the data in the experiment?!" I almost shouted at him, my eyes want to jump from its socket because of shock.

"Uhm.. I was.. I because.." He was lost for words when I say that I will be right back. I immediately ran up in our room, finding Jinhae unpacking our stuff. I got my bag and go to Taehyung's room again.

I got all my references even my laptop. "Hold this." I passed Taehyung 200 pages references and 5 books. "What the hell is this?" He asked amusedly. "References" I answered him, still my eyes glued to his laptop.

I could totally smell Taehyung, and I think his cologne is messing up with my shirt, leaving my shirt with his smell.

"I think I'm gonna do this." I said facing a dumbfounded Taehyung. His eyes is glued to my fingers that ran up to his laptop like there's no tomorrow. "Hand me the references please, and move" I ordered him and he obeyed immediately.

After two hours of typing, I am still working on the data, gathering all result that I got on the experiment.

 

"Tae, I think you should sleep. It's already 12 midnight" I said to him turning to his bed. I saw him already sleeping soundly lying down while hugging the other reference book that I handed him.

 

I got up to him and remove the book from his grip, putting blanket to him so he don't get cold. After 4 and half hours of making his paper, I am already done. I could totally feel the weight and my eyes got to sleep.

---
Taehyung's POV

I got up when I heard the alarm from my cellphone when I saw Yoomi's seating in my study table, while asleep. I checked on her, I also checked the scientific paper she was working for me. And tadaaa~ she's done. She's done making it for just 6 hours... when suddenly realization hit me....

"You stayed up late for this? Just to help me?" I whispered to her, knowing that I'll never got a reply.

When she suddenly opened her eyes and said "Because your mom asked me to" she replied getting her stuff and got out of my room. "You better save and print that already" she talked to me not even looking.

 

Yoomi's not mad at me? She helped me? She stayed up until four in the morning just to do it for me? Why in the world did you let her stayed up that late?! What if she get sick?

I was too dumbfounded when I realized I'm spacing again, got up from my thoughts, getting ready to school. I printed the paper and put it into the envelope.

I ran up to the kitchen and got my toast for breakfast when suddenly Yoomi is in my front blocking my way out of the kitchen.

"You do not want the whole school to know that I'm living with you right?" She asked me while munching the toast she got.

"I mean, you're got a lot of fangirls squirming over you and Jimin. I do not want to be killed by them, so we should keep this as a secret. Don't you think?" She added. Maybe she's right. I should keep this as a secret, for my own good also.

I immediately agreed to her. She and her sister Jinhae got to school first while I'll stay up waiting for my brother to drive me at school. My mind still processing how could Yoomi worked for the paper for just a couple of hours... I mean, I did tried to work on it but I spend two weeks for just a half of it.
She's incredibly smart. She really is.

---

Yoomi's POV

I was so shocked when I realized that I got asleep at Taehyung's room. I was up but my body told me 'five more minutes Yoomi' and I am now definitely hearing things.

"You stayed up late for this? Just to help me?" Taehyung whispered to my ear, probably knowing that I'm still asleep. Well you're wrong idiot. And suddenly I opened my eyes "Because your mom asked me to" and all of a sudden I left his room getting myself ready for school.

I was taking a shower when I realized one thing.

Maybe no one should know that I am living with Taehyung.. It could get him into a serious issue when others find out. I can't let his freaking fangirls also threatening me, though.

So I decided to make a deal with him.

After my shower, I go to the kitchen seeing Mrs. Kim preparing our breakfast. "Mrs. Kim, I should probably doing that" "No Yoomi, you must conserve your energy to your school work. You're a very busy and grown up girl already. Too much responsibility lies in you" she said smiling at me, and handling me my breakfast.


I saw Taehyung approaching his mom, getting his breakfast when I blocked his way out of the kitchen. Telling him the deal. He agreed to me about that.

I got all my stuff and bid goodbye to Mr and Mrs Kim, also to Daehyun oppa. I dashed out of the house with Jinhae and got to school.
---
Girls were very noisy. Giggling all and all if they see the two prince of this school: Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung. The two gods, they say. I hate how the girls were fantasizing over them, I mean, Park Jimin has a girlfriend, Choi Yuuna. They should respect them. That girl--the reason why I broke up with my bestfriend years ago. She's my friend too, but I hated her. So. Much.

My blood was boiling when someone patted me on the shoulder. I shrugged off and noticed Minho, the only friend I got in this miserable world after I broke up with Yuuna and my bestfriend.

"How y'doing?" He asked me when he noticed there's something wrong. "Spill it now. It's now or never" he added. "It's nothing, you know. We must go to class now" I answered him tapping his shoulder as to his assurance. We headed to our class when I heard screaming girls to the left corridor.

"Are they coming this way?" Minho asked me in low tone. Indeed they are coming our way. I don't know who is it the girls are screaming for, is it Taehyung or Jimin? Until.....

"What is he asking her?" "Why did he ran up to her" "Why is he talking to that brat?"

Many whispering girls are heard by the corridor.

The boy with the black hair approached me, handing me a white envelope.

"Will you please accept me?" Park Jimin asked.
-----
Yoomi's POV

Many girls are wondering why did Park Jimin talked to me and handed me an envelope, and especially why did he asked me if I'm going to accept him. Simply, he was just applying for the available slot in the school magazine as photographer, and yes, I am the school assistant editor. Minho is the editor-in-chief.

Minho was so surprised when Jimin handed us the application form. He wondered why in hell did Park Jimin would like to join the staff of the school magazine a.k.a "the nerd club" as they say.

"Yoomi-ah, do you think Park Jimin has a crush on you? I mean, why would he join the club?" Minho bombarded me a silly question and I just glare at him.

"Oh no, you don't do that to me Yoomi-ah. Probably I'm right!!" Minho beamed. We're currently heading the school library to do some freaking errands. We're so busy, to the extent that we're spending our lunch time together at the library editing the works of the staffs.

As we entered the library, two familiar figure are seen. Choi Yuuna and Kim Taehyung are together, plus, they're holding each other's hands...

What the ?!?!

"Ahh! Yoomi-ah look at that! That's why Park Jimin wants you! Look his girlfriend is cheating with Kim Tae-" I cut Minho's non-sense argument and think...

I am sure that Park Jimin wanted something... I know that.. And I definitely know that Kim Taehyung will not cheat on his bestfriend.

"Let's go. Do not interrupt them." I scolded Minho, when I can totally see from my peripheral vision that Yuuna is crying.. Suddenly, I can feel that someone's stabbing my chest. I can't breathe. Eventhough I hated her from stealing my bestfriend, she's my friend too and I care too much about her.

After we break up being friends, I still do a mandatory check on her grades and performance just to know if she needs any help, and if by chance she does, I always sent Minho to guide her.

We stepped on our place and started working our butts out and after we finished our work, we headed to our next class

---

Taehyung's POV

"Did you tell Yuuna that I applied?" Jimin asked me while he's eating his lunch. "Of course, I love her more than you" I .

"Then you should ask her to be your girlfriend instead of making fun of me always!" He almost spit the food from his mouth saying those words to me.

"I will not." I replied to his nonsense statement. "I know! Because all of this time you're liking Jang Yoomi!" I got up from my seat and looked if anybody heard it.

Jimin flinched and teased me more. "Ehhh~~ look who's pissed" I just shrugged off and give Jimin a look.

"I just wondered why you're not asking her to be your girlfriend? She's very beautiful, smart, kind, scary sometimes. But look, she's an ideal girl." Jimin blurted out and that make me think about that.

"Because she doesn't like me. Yoomi got Minho." I simply answered bitterly. I finished my lunch and headed to the roof top leaving Jimin alone in the cafeteria.

I like it here. It's so peaceful and all. I am so pissed about that, I don't like Yoomi, I am just pissed that she got Minho instead of me.

As I closed my eyes and let the peaceful aura hit me, I could feel that someone's blocking the light so I immediately opened my eyes.

Yoomi's standing in front of me, giving me a look. "What are you doing?" She asked me. "N-nothing" I stuttered.

"You're definitely doing something" She walks towards me and tip-toed so she can examined my face--yea, my burning face. I could feel that my face is blushing because of her actions. There are millions of butterflies in my stomach and all I can do is just to... Run.

I ran away from her. I use all my energy only to ran away because I was so embarrassed that Yoomi will see me blushing towards her.

When I already used all my energy, I got myself into the boy's comfort room-panting. When someone's hands gotten up to my shoulder.

"Y'kay man?" To my surprise, Jimin was also there, washing his face. "You're crazy bro." He added.

I didn't say anything and we both walked towards our next class. Still thinking why did I just ran away from Yoomi, why did my face burn up like that, why did her actions made my stomach flip 100 times. Jimin probably noticed that I am spacing out of nowhere.

"Bro, maybe that's the reason why Yoomi doesn't like you back. You're always out of your mind!" He poked me at my shoulder. "Just shut up! Others can hear you!" I blurted out.

And just perfect in time, Ha Kang Ji, a junior spotted the two of us talking. I can figure out that she heard everything. She's there dumbfounded. Well, Ha Kang Ji is the president, leader, founder of the girls that always squirming around us. Every Valentine's Day, she spends a lot of money to but chocolates and gifts for Jimin and I. Maybe she's crazy afterall.

She immediately walk away from us, getting her phone and type something on it. "It's bad bro, you know?" Jimin said looking on what Kang Ji is doing.

Indeed, Jimin's right. She's crazy, they're crazy. They're the reason why Jimin broke up with Yuuna, because those girls always bother and blackmailing her. That's the only way Jimin can think of to protect Yuuna. But after what that crazy girl heard, I can only think that Yoomi is in danger.

--

 I WANT TO HEAR YOUR TOUGHTS AND SUGGESTIONS AND FEEDBACKS SOOOO PLEASE DO COMMENT LOVE LOVE 💕