Happy Birthay

We Got Each Other's Back: The Bestfriend

Yoomi's POV

I was heading alone for my next class when somebody dragged me through my wrist, that was fast and I can't move my head to know who the hell did that. To my surprise, it is my old friend, Choi Yuuna who dragged me inside the girl's restroom. From the look on her face, I am sure what she wants... She thinks that his boyfriend is liking me now.

"Yoomi-ssi..." She started the conversation. It was very awkward at first, and after she called my name, she spotted something on my neck, her hand slowly grabbed the thing and smiled at her utmost.


"You keep this?" She asked with a smile from a heart. "Urm, yes? I guess because you spotted the right thing in my neck" I answered her with the tone of irony in my voice. "Yoomi-ssi it's been 8 years since we last talk and bond together. I'll pick you up later at your last class room and we'll have a coffee. My treat! See you! Bye! Love you!" She said to me leaving me dumbfounded at the restroom, she didn't change a bit. She still the old Yuuna who is always saying that she loves me.

After my last class, I spotted her already and she waved at me, and as a reply, I also waved at her. "Yoomi-ssi, where do you want to get a coffee?" She asked me while she interlaced her arms in mine.

"You know our spot. Well, by the way, you just cannot interlaced your arms with a stranger, can you? Look what just happened yesterday. Some stranger girl pulled your well combed hair"

"Well, missy you're no stranger, and I know for the past eight years, you still care for me" she said hugging me. Yuuna is very sweet towards me. She got everything, a perfect family, a pretty face, a nice body and personality; maybe the reason also why girls hated her.

As we stepped in our favorite cafe, we reminisce the past when our parents always brought up donuts from this store. Yuuna also asked me about what happened to Jimin and me. I coherently explained what happened and she just smiled and said "He broke up with me two weeks ago" I almost spit out my coffee at my donut when I hear the words from her. "What?!?!"

"Yes he did, after 2 years of our relationship. He finally broke up with me." She said while smiling but I know deep down in her heart the she's constantly hurt about what happened. Chats and advice from me crept up beyond my soul, touching her misplaced heart, telling that it is okay to be hurt and be broken. "You're so strong Yoomi"

"If I'm weak, you're still probably crying right now." And we giggled and laugh all night.

----

Taehyung's POV

I am so happy that Yoomi and Yuuna are okay now. It's been three months since they talked and go on a girly date at Yoomi's favorite cafe. It's been a while since I last saw Yuuna smiled like that. I am happy for her, and happy for Jimin also that I am able to go with him at school.

"Jimin, you're not missing Yuuna?" I asked him, half teasing and half curious. "You? You're not missing Yoomi?" He just bombarded me a ridiculous question. Why would I miss a girl who's practically living at our house. We sleep just meters away from each other, we're watching movies feet away from each other but... She only talks to me when my mom asked her to help me in my english subjects and literature..

We're not talking too much like before, that makes me miss her, I mean, I miss the old jolly Yoomi I got in my life. "Look who's thinking deep?" I know Jimin is teasing me, making me spill what I am thinking. "Jimin, I'll tell you something."

--

Yoomi's POV

Yuuna and I are always together with Minho. We ate together and all. Until I realized I should probably tell my friends or atleast Yuuna about what is our current situation. As Minho headed to his next class, I am now ready to tell the most precious secret I got.

"WHAT?!?!" Yuuna looked so surprised when I tell her everything. "You're kidding!" She exclaimed.

"No I'm not! I mean, look, they're the only ones who can help us in our situation" I blurted out.

"I know, I'm so sorry, I just... I am just surprised. I think you should tell me instead, my parents are willing to help also" she said with an apologetic face. I explained further and she understand deeply, even the other sorts that it is a secret.

--

Weeks had passed and we bond together like nothing happened. Time flies really fast and I did not realized that it was my birthday. I got off too early to school because I wanted to treat my sister, Minho and Yuuna a precious breakfast. We went to a cafe and ordered breakfast. When we're done, we headed in our school together.


Later that afternoon, I got into a bakeshop and buy a cake for the Kim's. It is not that bad to treat them something after all they did good to me. After I bought the cake, I dashed into the house and find Jimin and Taehyung playing Super Mario in the living area.

I greeted Jimin a good afternoon and offered him a cake. I sliced the cake and gave the two rascals their snacks. They both thanked me.

"What is so special today Yoomi-ssi?" He asked me while digging in the sliced cake. "It's her birthday you rascal!" Taehyung replied nudging his buddy.

Taehyung remembered my birthday.

"Ahh by the way Yoomi." Taehyung handed me a piece of voucher. "Eomma, told me that you should treat yourself for your birthday."

I looked into the voucher and it is a gift check in our favorite Japanese restaurant. I searched into my phone and texted Mr and Mrs. Kim a thank you when I got a reply from Mrs Kim.

From: Mrs. Kim πŸ’•

Yoomi-ssi, if it is not too much to asked, will you please take Taehyung in the restaurant with you? Remember that it is your favorite restaurant? You can invite Yuuna with you also. Happy happy 17th birthday sweetie. We love you.

I replied to Mrs. Kim that it is okay to go with him. I texted Yuuna immediately and approached Taehyung that he'll need to go with me.

"Oh you're going to a date Yoomi-ssi?" Jimin teased us and when I noticed that Taehyung gone red. I prevent myself from laughing and answered "We're not going alone, I'm also inviting a friend" and smiled at Jimin.

"Oh you're unlucky person Tae, you cannot go with a date with Yoomi eh?" He playfully joked his friend. Taehyung is really red right now, I could feel the tension between him that anytime he could punch Jimin in the face.

I broke the awkwardness and said "I'm inviting you too Jimin-ssi" I beamed at him and he approached me attempting to give me a hug when suddenly Taehyung gone mad and remove Jimin in front of me.

"Oh look who's jealous Yoomi ah!" "I'm not jealous!" Taehyung answered while smacking Jimin.

"Then why are you acting like that oppa?" My sister Jinhae come to me and hugged me. Taehyung cleared his throat and just smiled at Jinhae. He signals us that he'll wait outside, he grabbed Jimin by his uniform and smashed the door.

"Unnie, sorry but I can't go with you. Just invite Minho oppa and Yuuna-uunie with you. And here's my present for you." Jinhae handed me a bracelet from which I saw is handmade. I could burst into tears but she said that I must go before Taehyung could kill Jimin.

While we're walking, Taehyung asked me if I invite Yuuna and I just nooded... I just realized how dumb I was to invite Jimin while Yuuna was also there.

"Just relax, everything's gonna be fine" Taehyung tapped me at my shoulder and I just nooded.

We already reached the place, and I swear I might die in here.

It was extremely awkward. Minho was darting a dirty look at Taehyung, while Taehyung is clenching his fist while holding his chopsticks. Jimin went silent when he found out that Yuuna was invited. And just in time, Minho break the silence, bringing up a small box from his pocket. "Happy birthday Yoomi-ssi" he handed me the box and I thanked him.


I spotted Taehyung give a dirty look at Minho. Jimin started teasing Taehyung again. "Aww Taehyung-ah, Minho's got a present for the birthday girl, what about you?" He poked Taehyung's cheeks when Taehyung got up from his seat, leaving the restaurant.

Β 

Β 

---

Β 

I just updated too many chapters this day! It's because I'm almost done with the story, I'm just working with the ending kekeke, to give you guys a hint (well, if you want a hint) there will be a problem that our baby Yoomi will face in the middle of the story, just wait for it :( It's kind of boring but if I go without these boring parts, it will lead to some misleading chapters of the story! Have a good day!