We're Friends Again

We Got Each Other's Back: The Bestfriend

Chapter 4

 

 

Yoomi's POV

I went up to our library to finish all the homework I have, I need to finish this before I work in my part-time job at the cafè. Upon writing the last question in pre-calculus, I could totally hear whispers from my back. I immediately look where the noise is coming from when someone walks in front of me grabbing me by my collar.

"Who do you think you are?!" She questioned me while she's still gripping at my collar. I don't know what she's talking about, I really do not have the idea.

"Who are you?" That's the only thing I said when Yuuna suddenly appeared at my side removing the hand of the stranger girl.

"Piss off !" Yuuna angrily ordered the girl. And out-of-nowhere the girl grabbed Yuuna's perfectly combed hair. Yunna fought back until my senses ordered me to stop them, the girl did not let go. And what I did next was, I slap the girl's face that I can visibly see the curves of my hand on her cheek. She immediately backed it off and hold her face. I saw Jimin and Taehyung from my peripheral vision dashing towards Yuuna.

Taehyung pull Yuuna into a tight hug and asked if she's okay. The girl shouted at the library saying "Why did Tae-oppa likes a ugly-nerd like you?! You wear the most thick spectacles I ever seen in my life and you're th-" The stranger was cut off my Jimin, dragging her outside the library.

I suddenly look up to Taehyung--with a poker face. The library staff walks towards me and ordered me to into the principal's office, getting up my senses, I slung my backpack, got my stuff, and ready to leave the library when Taehyung held my wrist and asked "Are you alright?" I just nodded leaving Yuuna and Taehyung in the library.

I really don't know what got me to slap that girl. I mean, after Yuuna and I did not talk to each other again eight years ago, I do still care about her. I don't want her to be hurt by anyone else; and just looking about what happened, Yuuna still does care about me too.

After the incident, the principal warned me of my sudden behavior, but he let it pass because the stranger girl is the one who ignite the "war".
---


I cannot focus on what my teacher was saying, until the bell ring. I pulled all of my stuff in my bag and rushed into the cafè for my work. I was so surprised when Yuuna and Taehyung was there. The both of them was busy chit-chatting not noticing that I already got off for my work. I changed into my worker's uniform and get ready to work when I saw the both of them leaving the cafè.

After hours and hours of working, the store closed and I decided to get home already. It's past 9pm and I was so exhausted. My mind still lingers to the girl who pulled Yuuna's hair.

I quietly opened the front door of the house, apparently nobody's in the living room and they already eaten their dinner. I went to our room, finding Jinhae doing her homework. She handed me a food box loaded with tempura and rice.

"I think you deserve that Unnie, Taehyung oppa gave me that. He said that you had been a lot today so, he got that for you." She narrated while I am now busy munching my food.

I took the shower and texted Taehyung even though were just feet apart.

To: Kim Taetae
Thank you for the meal you got me. I already ate. Good night


After some seconds, Taehyung replied.

From: Kim Taetae
It's nothing. I'm so sorry about what happened earlier at the library. Yuuna was so sorry too. She tried to protect you from that crazy girl. Good night too. :)

I red the text and did not reply to him, and drove to my favorite place, the dreamland.

---

 

I just updated! Our boys just won and I'm so proud of them keke! Lovelotss!