A Way to Protect You

We Got Each Other's Back: The Bestfriend

Yoomi's POV

The truth slapped me, I just lose a friend--a dear friend. I do love Choi Minho, but not as the same as him. I do love him as a friend.

But now, he needs time to heal, if I continue to stay by his side, he might probably continue his doings, he needs to learn from his mistakes--that's why I am doing this.

That afternoon, got so fast. I am at my locker, checking all the stuff I need to bring at work when Taehyung appeared at my side.

"Yoomi, you don't really have to work anymore." Taehyung said to me.

Realization just hit me, yeah, Yuuna and I were fired.

"Yea, I could find another job instead." I just replied to him.

"I should walk you home. I am so worried maybe that Minho will kidnap you anytime." Taehyung ordered me taking a step closer at me.

"You're and idiot, aren't you? We live together." I whispered in his ear.

He chuckled and we go home.

"I am wondering where Yuuna and Jimin is?" I asked Taehyung while we are walking back home.

"Ah! That. Don't worry about Yuuna. Bad guys are afraid of her, she cries a lot you know?" Taehyung said and laugh out loud.

I slapped his back and he winced at pain. "What's that for?" Still holding at his back.

"Where is she right now ?" I asked and worry crept out of my body.

"He's with Jimin so don't worry." Taehyung immediately answered me.

I felt relived when Taehyung said that to me. "I think I should be worried at Jimin more." I replied to Taehyung and he just laugh.

The rest of the walk, we're just laughing together and enjoy each others company.

-------

Jimin's POV

I am now walking Yuuna home, I do miss this scene. We are walking together, holding each other's hands. It's just really hard for the both of us to continue our relationship at this stage that's why I need to broke up with her months ago.

Flashback

"Babe, what's wrong?" Yuuna asked me curiously.

I don't want to lose her, I dearly love her with all my heart, but seeing her suffer because of me makes me hate myself.

Last week, Yuuna received many hate messages. She cried a lot and it hurts me a lot. I cannot stand to see her like this, I must stay away from her just to make her safe.

After we got together two years ago, she already received a lot of hatred most especially to the girls in our school.

I cannot let that happen anymore, for her own sake. I want to protect her at all cost, I need to. I promised her parents that I will do anything to protect her because I do really love her.

"We need to break up." I simply said. Yuuna's smile faded away.

"You're kidding." She answered, not believing what I said.

I am in the verge of crying when I summoned all my courage to continue this.

"I don't love you anymore." I said and ran away from her.

This was the most heartbreaking moment in my life.

End of Flashback

"Thank you for walking me home Jimin." Yuuna thanked me and bowed at me.

I am going to stop her from her tracks when my throat form a lump and no words come up.

She closed their main door, leaving me there alone.

I clenched my fist and hold the ring in my hand firmly.

This is the ring that I bought months ago for her, but I guess it's already late for me to give it to her.

I am a coward.

I am so scared that she might get hurt again because of me, I don't want that to happen.

But until now, I still love her.

I never stopped loving her.


Yuuna's POV

Flashback

"You're not pretty enough for him!"

"You're such a !"

"Jimin is mine!"

"Stop being with him! It's bothering us!"

"After Taehyung-oppa, you're with Jimin-oppa now? You're such a "

Murmurs are heard from the back.

Two years of being with Jimin--it's always been like this.

Many people hated me because they thought Taehyung and I dated before, and now, Jimin and I are together.

They are so mad at me because they didn't know the truth behind the three of us.

There are hate messages, threats, and issues thrown to me because of my relationship with Jimin, but I love him--dearly.

I just shrugging it off because I am so happy when I am with them, they are my strength--the both of them.

End of Flashback

 

I sighed from the memories, it was very hard for me to accept that after all the things happened to Jimin and me--he seems that he stopped loving me.

 

Maybe it's true that I am not good enough for him--to be with him. And it hurts a lot.

My parents are still not aware about our break-up, only my cousin, Haejin know the truth.

She actually set me up for dates before to her batchmates but I am not yet ready before.

But I think, blind dates won't hurt right? And I think it's already time for me to move on and move forward with love. 

The pain is enough to linger in my heart.

---------------------------------

 

This chapter is dedicated to the second couple! 

 

OMG, Yuuna already decided to move on 😭😭 should I include another character or you're still up for Jimin plus Yuuna? Kekeke! 

 

Thank you for reading! There will be second update later! :)