Chapter 1: Here We Are Again

We Got Each Other's Back: The Bestfriend

 

CHAPTER 1

Yoomi's POV

 

It's been a year since the most precious man in my life died. It's been a hell of a year for me and my younger sister as we cope to our lifestyle, until one day...

"Unnie!! Someone's calling for you" My younger sister, Jinhae called me from downstairs. She's the perfect sister that everybody wants, she's pretty, lovable, kind and especially she's smart; but I'm smarter though (keke). "Who is it?" I asked my sister while approaching her in the front door. 

A mailman was handling a mail for us--an envelope from the bank. 

"Unnie, it must be the insurance of appa" Jinhae suggested as she creep out the envelope from my grip. But I know, it is not the insurance of our Appa... So, after some sort of signing forms, I immediately opened it. And, my prediction is correct.

"What is it Unnie?" My sister asked with a crept of curiosity beneath her smile. 
"The bank-" I started. "The bank is going to take over our house"

I felt a pang inside my chest. What I'm going to do now? How am I supposed to maximize all the money that my appa saved for us until I graduated from college? How am I supposed to raise my sister? 

Millions of questions are lingering in my mind and my sister is crying the hell out of her when she suddenly spoke up "We need to survive unnie. Together" and I just agreed to her no matter what disastrous my mind is working right now.

Yes, she's the only strength I have now, after my jerk bestfriend Kim Taehyung left me.

---

"Unnie... I think we should start packing things up. You know? Just in case the bank take over our house any time" She suggested. "yeah, maybe we should". I answer taking the last bite of our dinner. 

"Jinhae" I called up my sister.
"Yes?"
"I promise you that, I will give you a decent life after my I graduated in college" i assured my sister and suddenly she burst up crying and ran up to me. "Shhh don't cry, it will be okay. Everythings gonna be fine" I assured her while patting her back.
"I know that everything's gonna be fine unnie, as long as we're together" She replied.

----
The next day, we packed some things up and ready to leave anytime until my young memory hunted me. My mom-- our mom left my dad after Jinhae was born, I was 6 years old way back then. It was just a traumatic experience, making myself killed by jumping off the pool 12 feet deep. 

Flashback

"Eomma, please don't leave us" I pleaded as my mom shouts at me. "I do not love you anymore! You wasted my life!" My mom shouted, and the feeling of being nobody hit me. I ran and ran until I came into our school gym. 

Reaching up the diving grounds, I sat down and observe the still water in the pool. It was calm and peaceful, my mind is wondering to kill myself...wondering what if my mom do not leave my appa and baby sister if I die. It is because of me she's leaving, because I'm a burden... Because the psychiatrist told me that I'm not mentally stable due to some sort of disorder that will result to depression.

 I immediately got of the platform and attempting to jump. I take the stairs up and balancing myself to the end of the platform... I counted "one, two, three"

Then I jumped.... The last thing I remembered is that I'm gasping for air.. Though I am not seeking for help, rather I am seeking for my mother to stay. Until I woke up when someone's slapping my face.

"Hey! Yoomi-ah! You better wake up" A young voice told me. I spitted all the water that got onto me, and he patted my back and pulled me into a tight hug. 

This boy-this boy saved my life. The boy who I love saved my life.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Authors Note: Gys, here's the first chapter. I hope you enjoy and I promise that I'll update soon! Don't forget to subscribe!