Chapter 35

Endless Love

Kim would send ate Kate Giacobbe's pictures every month and Ate Kate would send those to Gerald via e-mail, he missed his son so much, but he was never out of place of being a father to Giacobbe, he would send Kim money for them that Kim would send back to him via ate Kate.But ate Kate won't get it back so Kim was left with no choice but to receive a monthly financial support from Gerald.

After few months since Gerald left, Kim and Giacobbe moved to Manila and stayed at her condo, she would send Giacobbe and stay overnight at the Anderson residence during Saturdays.

Gerald and Giacobbe would talk on the phone or thru skype.

When Giacobbe e, Kim went back to work. Thrice a week she would go to work while the remaining days of the week, she would spend it with Giacobbe although she brings Giacobbe to work,she would still want for them to bond.

2 years have passed, Kim and Jervis' resto from 2 branches went to 6 brances now. Kim stayed at the main branch while Jervis would take charge of the other branches.

Friday afternoon and the resto has been very busy, so Kim helped her staffs and is even serving the customers. Giacobbe stayed at the front door to greet the customers as they enter the resto.

While Kim's serving a table near the counter, she felt arms wrapped around her waist, the customers on that table are smiling and as she looked at Giacobbe, her son is giggling and clapping while looking at them. She knew that scent, she looked down at the arms still around her and confirmed it was Gerald.

After giving out a deep breath, she looked at the man behind her. Gerald's smiling and looked even better than she expected, he regained his normal weight and looks very fresh, handsome as ever! One of her staffs went near them carrying a bouquet of red roses. Gerald got the flowers and gave it to Kim, Kim is still shocked, she didnt move nor talk.

Gerald initiated the conversation.

Gerald: Wala ka bang sasabihin man lang? *smiled*

Kim: Ke..kelan ka pa dumating?

Gerald: 3 days ago! *smiled*

Kim saw Jervis coming..

Kim: What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be looking after the other branches?

Jervis: I am asked to stay here until closing time! *he looked at Gerald*

Kim looked at Gerald as well.

Kim: Bakit? nandito naman ako!

Jervis: Sige na Gerald, ako na ang bahala dito at kay Giacobbe.

Gerald: Salamat pare!

Jervis: No problem! You enjoy! *smiled at them*

Kim: What are you two talking about?

Gerald: I wanted to take you out for dinner, kung papayag ka.

Giacobbe ran towards his parents..

Gerald: Giacobbe, help me! Make Mommy say yes to Daddy!

Giacobbe: Pleeeeease mommy! Say Yes!!! *he put his hands together as if begging for an immediate help*

Kim laughed.."Do I have a choice? Nagkampihan na kayong dalawa!

Giacobbe: Yey! *jumped non stop*

Gerald: Did you just say yes?

Kim: *laughed and nodded*

Gerald: Shall we? *offered his arm*

Kim smiled and hooked her right hand to his arm..

Gerald: Giacobbe, go to Tito Jervis, we'll see you later, be a good boy okay?

Giacobbe smiled and nodded, he gave his mommy and daddy a bear hug and ran towards his Tito Jervis..

Gerald took Kim to a very romantic place and they had dinner. Throughout the dinner, they would just look at each other and didn't exchange words, they are contented with just staring at each other lovingly.

Before 10pm, they headed to Kim's condo. Giacobbe's already asleep.

The two stayed at the kitchen for a cup of tea. Finally they talked.

Kim: Kamusta ang States?

Gerald: Ganun pa rin, sariling sikap! *laughed* Kailangang magtrabaho para mabuhay!

Kim laughed..

Gerald: Kim..

Suddenly, they got serious.

Kim just looked at him..

Gerald: I told you before, I will be back when I'm ready!

Kim smiled.."You did!"

Gerald: Kim, I am ready! Nung mag-isa ako sa States, ang dami kong nagawa na sa tingin ko I am not capable of doing! I realized that in everything that has happened, I only wanted one thing in life! I wanted a whole family! Ikaw, ako at si Giacobbe, yun lang!

Kim: What do you mean?

Gerald: Kim, hindi mo na ako mapipigilan dito, I will do whatever it takes para patunayan sa iyo na karapat dapat akong maging asawa mo at tatay ng anak natin.

Kim: *smiled* Kung hindi ka na papipigil, wala na pala akong magagawa! *laughed*

Gerald held her hand.. " But I can't promise not to take advantage with my being your husband still!" he smiled naughtily.

Kim: Like what?

Gerald: Like asking you to let me stay here with you and Giacobbe!

Kim: What?

Gerald: Makikitira ako dito! I wanted Giacobbe to feel how would a complete family feels like! *he smiled*

Kim laughed.."As long as you're willing to sleep at the living room"

Gerald: I don't mind sleeping at the sofa!

Kim : Are you sure? Ang laki ng kwarto mo sa inyo, why would you choose to sleep at my sofa? You can visit everytime you want, hindi mo kailangang matulog dito!

Gerald: I wanted to, okay na ang sofa para sa akin..*smiled*

Kim: If that's what you want, then it's settled!

Gerald: Thank you Kim! *smiled*

Kim: Makikitulog ka na ba ngayon? *laughed*

Gerald: right away!

Kim: *laughed* I can see determination here!

Gerald smiled..

Kim: Wait here, I'll get some pillows and blanket for you, you can use the comfort room next to the kitchen if you needed to.

Gerald: Thank you!

Gerald stayed and slept at the sofa. Kim felt guilty about letting him sleep there, he may have shared Giacobbe's room or why not share her room with Gerald, they are married, for heavens sake! She can't deny that she missed being on his arms. Gerald seemed to be taking it slow, he may wanted to show her that he has changed and would respect her even with the fact that he can impose.

Kim wasn't able to sleep that night, in the middle of the night she heard Gerald scream saying "Don't leave me Kim!"

Kim went out of her room and headed to the living room. Gerald's dreaming and kept saying those words. Kim tapped his shoulders several times.

"Gerald, wake up!"

Gerald finally opened his eyes and saw her, he immediately hugged Kim.

Gerald: I thought it was all real! I thought you are going to leave me!

Kim: *she hugged him back* Sssshh, panaginip lang yun.

Gerald broke away from the hug and faced her, he held her face..

Gerald: Don't leave me Kim!

Kim: I won't!

Gerald slowly neared his face to her, he kissed her lips gently at first, she didn't stop him so he continued kissing her, she finally responded, she welcomed him and parted her lips, his aggressive lips found it's way down to her neck, when he reached her shoulders, Kim stopped him.

Kim: Gerald, baka makita tayo ng anak mo.

Gerald sighed with disappointment and stopped kissing her..