Chapter 31

Endless Love

That same morning, Jervis called Ate Kate about Kim's check-up in the afternoon..

Ate Kate: hello Jervis?

Jervis: Ate! I called because I wanted to ask you a favor!

Ate Kate: What is it?

Jervis: Kim has a check-up today, I said yes to her already as her company but I can't make it! I have an emergency meeting with a client!

Ate Kate:I'm at the office right now!

Jervis: oh I'm sorry, I thought you are home!

Ate Kate: But don't worry, I'll do something about it! Ako na ang bahala kung sino ang sasama kay Kimmy!

Jervis: Thank you Ate! 1 pm ang usapan namin ni Kim.

Ate Kate: okay! No problem!

The call ended and Ate Kate dialled Gerald's number immediately..

Gerald: Ate?

Ate Kate: Where are you?

Gerald: At the cafe, we're having a snack here!

Ate Kate: who's with you?

Gerald: Mish! bakit ate?

Ate Kate: Gerald you need to go home!

Gerald: Huh? bakit?

Ate Kate: Umuwi ka na as soon as possible kung hindi mag-isang pupunta sa check up ang asawa mo!

Gerald: Check-up?

Ate Kate: yeah! She has a scheduled pre natal check up today? how could you not know about that?

Gerald: She didn't tell me!

Ate Kate: Did you even bother to ask?Dapat alam mo ang mga tungkol dyan, anak niyong dalawa yun! hindi lang sa kanya!

Gerald: Alright alright! I'm going home now!

Ate Kate: O sige, dapat mas mahalaga pa rin ang asawa mo Gerald, pagagalitan ka nila mommy kapag nalaman nila ito!

Gerald: opo! I'm sorry, I think I've been into work that much kaya I haven't given her enough time..

Ate Kate: Do it right lil Bro! Kung ayaw mong mawala ulit ang asawa mo sa'yo!

Gerald: I will ate, thanks for the call!

Ate Kate: Okay,you take care!

Just as the call ended, Gerald left Mish at the cafe and went home..

It's already 11am on her watch when Kim prepared for her check-up..At 12 noon, she's all ready to go..

She waited for Jervis at the living room and busied herself with the magazines..

On the other side, Gerald drove straight home..He cancelled his appointments in the afternoon and asked Mish to take over!

15 minutes after 12 noon Gerald's finally home! He found Kim at the sofa sitting while reading a magazine..

Gerald went near her and sat beside her..

Kim: *was shocked* Hon!

Gerald: You didn't tell me you have your check-up today! *looked at her seriously*

Kim: Because I know you're busy!

Gerald: I told you, you're more important than anything else!

Kim: Honey, I know that! Pero kaya ko naman e! Saka I already asked Jervis to come with me! *smiled*

Gerald: So mas gusto mo talagang kasama ang ibang tao kesa sa akin?

Kim: *faced him* Hindi sa ganun!

Gerald: E ano nga?

Kim: Hon naman,pag-aawayan na naman ba natin ito?

Gerald: Hindi,hindi..*hugged her* I'm sorry! Kasalanan ko din, hindi ko naibibigay yung time ko sa iyo dahil sa project na ginagawa ko.

Kim: Okay lang yun,I understand!

Gerald: Ano? let's go?

Kim: Let's go? ikaw ang sasama sa akin?

Gerald: ayaw mo ba?

Kim: *smiled* Paano si Jervis?

Gerald: Hindi siya pwede, mabuti naman at hindi siya pwede. Hindi ko pa sana malalaman e!

Kim: *laughed* I'm sorry! I think we need to go now! Naghihintay na si Doc!

Gerald: alright,let's go baby! *put his right arm around her shoulders and they left*

They reached the doctor's clinic 5 minutes before 1pm, the nurse assisted Kim to lay down the bed and positioned her for ultrasound..

Gerald sat beside the bed and held her hand and intermittently kisses her forehead..

Dr: alright Mommy and daddy, we'll be checking for your baby's gender!

Kim: *looked at Gerald and smiled*

Gerald: *kissed her hand and looked so excited*

The doctor started with the procedure..

Dr: Mommy and daddy, this is your baby *pointed to the monitor*

Kim and Gerald attentively listened and looked at the monitor..

Gerald: *looked at Kim with a wide smile*

Kim: *smiled back at him and looked at the monitor again*

Dr: Are you ready?

The couple looked at each other and nodded..

Kim was a bit teary eyed while seeing the baby on the screen, she can't believe that a growing baby's inside her tummy..

Dr: Can you see that?*pointed something on the screen* That's an indication that your baby's a boy!

Gerald: Wow! a boy! *kissed Kim*

Kim: *tears fell* Is he alright doc?

Dr: his heartbeat is normal, he's doing good inside! I think daddy's doing great in taking care of his baby and baby's mommy! *smiled*

Kim: *smiled at Gerald*

Gerald: *wiped her tears away and kissed her again* Thank you babe!

KIm: *held his face* No hon,thank you!

The couple hugged each other with so much happiness..

After the procedure, Gerald helped Kim changed to her dress from a gown..

Dr: Okay, Gerald you take care of Kim! Few more months ay lalabas na si baby! *smiled*

Gerald: I will doc! Salamat po!

Dr: You are welcome! I'll see you again for her next check-up!

Kim: Thank you doc, see you!

As he promised her before, he'll one day accompany her in the mall,after taking a quick late lunch at a resto Kim requested to eat to, Gerald took her at the mall and went shopping..

They bought things for their baby boy until they're tired! They had a dinner before going home..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time flew so fast and it's the month that Kim's due with her baby! Everything's ready,the room for their baby and all the stuffs needed for her delivery..

Gerald and Mish's project has already over but they remained in touched..

Gerald has been so caring to his wife now that anytime,she'll give birth..

One morning, Gerald was awaken by Kim's scream..

Kim: Honeyyyyyyy!!! *shouting from the comfort room*

Gerald ran towards her as fast as he can..

Gerald: babe?

Kim: Hon! I think I'm giving birth now! *panting*

Gerald: oh wait! *he's going into panic now*

He carried her and went downstairs!

Ate Kate,Kuya Mike and Keisha, Mommy Vangie and Daddy Randy are at the dining table for breakfast that time..

Gerald: Mom dad! Kim's giving birth now!

Ate Kate: Babe, you drive!

Mommy Vangie: *got the bag that Kim has prepared few days ago for her delivery*

Daddy Randy: Kate, you go with them,susunod kami ng mommy doon sa hospital, we'll take Keisha with us!

Ate Kate: Okay, let's go!

Mike drove them to the hospital, Kim was directed to the delivery room via stretcher after an Internal examination at the Emergency Room, she's now ready to give birth since she reached a full dilatation and her bag of water has been broken..

Gerald changed into a sterile gown and went inside the delivery room with her..

Gerald held her hands the whole time and would kiss her top when he feels her pain..

Dr: Alright Kim, you push then hold for seconds..

Kim did as told and after a few more of force, everyone around heard the most precious cry they can hear..

Gerald was ecstatic and his hands were shaking when the doctor let him cut the umbilical cord that is connecting the baby and his mommy..

Kim was crying when their first contact was initiated..Gerald would kiss her top and they'll both look at the baby with tears on their eyes..

After suturing and cleaning of her perineum, she's now ready to be transferred at the private room..

The baby was brought to the Nursery and will be brought to her room when the baby's vital signs are stable..

Everyone's waiting for their new family member at the private room, Kim who has been transfered from the DR hours ago, Gerald who sat beside her on bed, Mommy Vangie and daddy Randy who are very excited,and Ate Kate's family-with her husband kuya Mike and baby girl Keisha..