Chapter 24

Endless Love

Kim was able to get home an hour after Gerald left the house..

Mommy Vangie: Kimmy! *hugged her* What happened? are you crying? held her face*

Kim: Mom, did Gerald get home already?

Mommy Vangie: yeah! But he left again..

Kim: did he tell you where's he going?

Mommy Vangie: no anak, something wrong between you?

Kim: *told mom everything that happened*

Mommy Vangie: Oh my! don't worry anak, when he gets back here, you talk okay?

Kim: We will mom..

Mommy Vangie: did you eat already?

Kim: Busog pa po ako..

Mommy Vangie: But promise me na pag nagutom ka you go down here okay?

Kim: *nodded and went directly to their room*

It's already 2am and Gerald isn't home yet, Kim wasn't able to sleep because she is waiting for him..

Then she heard her phone ringing, It's Fred who's calling..

Kim: hello Fred?

Fred: Kim! I'm with Gerald, we're outside your house, he's  too drank that he cannot drive..I'm sorry if I wake you up, I guess everyone in your house is in a deep sleep already..

Kim: No it's fine, i'm waiting for Gerald so I'm not yet asleep..wait! I will go and open the gate!

Fred: okay!

 

Kim went down and helped Fred carry Gerald into their room..they put him on bed and Fred said goodbye!

She removed his shoes and changed his clothes..Then she laid beside him and slept..

They woke up early to give them time to prepare for work, Kim was trying to get hold of Gerald but he was so resistant, they aren't talking to each other from the room, even at the dining table until he drives her to work..

Kim gave him time, she thought they might end up okay that day so she worked normally..

But she was wrong with that prediction, he still didn't talk to her although they sleep in one bedroom on the same bed together..

It's now a week and they still don't talk to each other..

Saturday morning, while Gerald was at work..Kim talked to Mommy Vangie and daddy Randy..

Kim: Mom, dad, I wanted to ask for your permission..

Daddy Randy: what is it iha?

Kim: I wanted to go back at my condo..

Mommy Vangie: what?

Kim: Mom, I think this will give me and Gerald time to figure things out..

Daddy Randy: Don't you think, it's Gerald whom you ask permission to?

Kim: He doesn't want to talk to me, how could I do that dad?

Daddy Randy: If you're asking it from me, I can't say no! You already are mature people, and I trust you with whatever decision you make..

Kim: thanks dad!

Mommy Vangie: Just promise us that you'll come back okay?

Kim: *nodded* thanks mom..*hugged them both*

That same day, she moved to her condo, she's now living alone again just like the old times..She misses Gerald but she knew she needed this, a time for herself! and maybe he needed the time too, she thought..

Gerald was shocked upon learning that she already left, but did nothing to get her back..

Kim continued to work and tried to live a normal life without Gerald beside her..

She drives herself to work and would drive back home using her car, she missed those times that she is independent of others..

She still follow her Sunday routine,but this time, she's again doing it alone..She did this alone before and she could do it again just like the old times..

2 more weeks have passed and she's getting used to being alone, she's enjoying her life again being single..

On a Friday, the resto would be very busy, the customers who are coming to eat doubles as the normal days they would come..

It's still early in the morning and Kim seems to feel very tired already..

Jervis: You okay?

Kim: yeah! I think I woke up from the wrong side of the bed, I'm feeling a bit dizzy!

Jervis: take that seriously, you have to go and take a rest, I'll be fine here..

Kim: You sure?

Jervis: yeah, go to your office and take a nap, I won't be going to our other branch until after lunch so I'll take care of this!

Kim did as he said..She laid on the sofa and closed her eyes..But after 20 minutes she felt a discomfort on her stomach that anytime soon she will throw up..

Jervis checked her at her office, and heard her throwing up inside the wash room..

Jervis: Kim, open the door, are you alright?

Kim: *opened the door after she threw up*

Jervis: ano bang nakain mo? You want to go and see a doctor?

Kim: No, I'm fine, baka nasira lang ang tiyan ko..

Jervis: okay, just call me outside if you don't feel any better..

Kim: *nodded and went back to the couch again*

Kim felt better that afternoon but Jervis didn't leave her at the resto instead he sent a trusted staff to check their other branch and to supervise..

Before they close, Kim was into the same feeling of dizziness again and fainted..

Jervis carried her to her office..

She was half conscious..

Jervis: Kim, are you sure you don't want to see a doctor?

Kim: *gave a weak smile* No! I just needed some rest I think..

Jervis: okay then, I will just drive you home!

Kim: thanks Jervis! di bale babayaran kita! *laughed weakly*

Jervis: Naku,nagbibiro pa! halika na! *assisted her to get in the car and drove her home*