Chapter 34

Endless Love

It's 15 minutes after 6 in the evening when he heard a car stopped in front of the house. He saw a guy who went down first from the car then went to the opposite side and opened the car door, he doesn't know if he'll go near them or would just stay to where he was,Gerald's sitting on a bench outside the house. From there he can see Kim exiting the car.

The two walked towards the house, the guy's carrying several bags with him and Gerald's assuming, those shopping bags belongs to Kim, he felt jealous, he would have been the one carrying those bags for her.

When Kim and the guy reached the front door, Kim was shocked, Gerald's there, sitting and sure he's been waiting for hours now!

Gerald just looked at them when the awkward encounter for the three happened..

Gerald: Hi.

Kim: What are you doing here?

Gerald: I'm here for you and for my son!

Kim: *looked at the guy beside him and got the shopping bags* Thank you Renz! *smiled*

Renz: Are you sure pwede ka nang iwan? *looked at Gerald*

Gerald was controlling his temper not to do nor say something bad to Renz, so he looked away.

Kim: *nodded* thanks again!

Renz: You're welcome Kim, just let me know if you'll need a ride. *smiled*

Kim: I will! *smiled*

Renz went back to his car and left..

Gerald stood up and faced her.. Kim looked away..

Gerald: Kim, we need to talk!

Kim: We don't have anything to talk about Gerald!

Gerald: Madami tayong dapat pag-usapan Kim! Si Giacobbe?

Kim: If you want to see Giacobbe, you will see him anytime you want!

Gerald: Thank you! Can I see him now?

Kim: *nodded and walked towards the door, she got her keys and opened the door* She led him to where Giacobbe was, Gerald carried his son and kissed him many times..

Gerald: I missed you son..*hugged Giacobbe*

Kim stayed near the door to give room for the two, she looked at Gerald and she can see the obvious drop in his weight, she could see the evidences of not able to sleep, in a way she felt guilty, she knew she's the reason behind those eyebags.

After few more moments, Gerald handed Giacobbe to Kim, she sat down and feed her son.

With Gerald around and she knew he's watching, she got uncomfortable, Gerald noticed that as he paid attention to Kim, so he turned his back and pretended to be interested with the view outside the window. after feeding Giacobbe, Kim gave her son to the nanny.

She looked at Gerald and she nodded, he took it as 'let's go!'

He opened the door for her and then he followed. She led him to the sala.

Kim: Have you had dinner?

Gerald: *shook his head*

Kim: Do you want something to eat?

Gerald: I'm fine, what matters to me is to be able to talk to you! I thought I will not able to see you, I'm still lucky! I am glad I've waited!

Kim: You waited for how long?

"Not so long,mas matagal pa ang byahe kahit wala na ngang pahinga sa pagdrive!" He was there driving since morning ,she approximated the number of hours, almost 8 hours ago, she realized he haven't had his meal since then, he doesn't mind eating anymore, no wonder he's obviously losing weight..

Kim: Dapat kumain ka! * somehow she felt guilty, she knew it should be her responsibility to take good care of him as her husband.*

Gerald: Don't worry, I am used to not eating well 2 weeks ago, my system's used to it!

Kim: Gerald, look at you! Pinapabayaan mo na talaga ang sarili mo!

Gerald: It's part of my punishment, don't mind that!

Kim: What do you want to eat? I will cook!

Gerald: Oh no, please don't bother! I'm alright!

Kim: Well one condition for me to be able to talk to you is that you have to eat what I cook!

She said it as an order rather than a question that will welcome his refusal.

Gerald: *looked at her* Is that a serious order?

Kim: It is! I mean it! So if you don't wanna eat you can go back to Manila now and do your unhealthy lifestyle of skipping meals everytime you wanted to!

Gerald: Alright! I will eat whatever you'll cook, just promise to talk to me after dinner!

Kim: That's a deal! give me an hour and I'm done with your dinner!

Gerald sat in one of the chairs in the kitchen and watched her cook, he missed those moments, watching her cook for him.

Kim's aware of his stare but concentrated with her cooking to avoid an awkward meeting of gaze. She needed to help him realize that his health has to be considered, she would bother about what will Gerald would want to talk about, later!

After almost an hour, she served her pork adobo.

Gerald: *looked at her* Aren't you going to join me?

Kim: I already had my dinner!

Gerald: With that guy?

Kim: *nodded*

Gerald: It's barely two weeks and you already found a good company! *he said it with sarcasm*

Kim: He really is a good company! *smiled*

Gerald: Well I will lie if I will say I am not getting affected at all when I saw you with another guy!

Kim: I know how you feel!*she doesn't want to remind herself about the feeling she felt weeks ago when she saw Gerald and Mish in a picture, but it came naturally, she isn't really have moved on with that and will never forget about that*

Gerald: And if this is part of my punishment, I would take it!

Kim: *smiled* You are really fun of punishing yourself aren't you? Renz is my cousin!

Gerald: Why didn't you tell me and introduced him to me a while ago?

Kim: I am just protecting my cousin, he has a family to look after, you won't say it but the way you look at him a while ago, you seem to want him dead right away!

Gerald: I'm sorry! I am so desperate to get you back few weeks ago and when I saw you with another guy, I wanted to kill myself and just disappear! But I thought of Giacobbe, he wouldn't like his daddy's idea of killing himself just because he saw his mommy with a guy! *he laughed weakly*

Kim: Don't you ever think of killing yourself again Gerald!

Gerald: Kim, I would rather die than to be away from you and Giacobbe.

Kim: Gerald, we can't be together as happy family anymore! Why can't you get that?

Gerald: Kim, even if will take us a hundred years before you can accept me again, I will wait! Just don't push me away from you!

Kim: I just wanted the both of us to live a peaceful life!

Gerald: I've never been peaceful since you left!

Kim: I can give you forgiveness if you want! but that's only I can give! I cannot give us another chance to work things out and be back together again! Please understand that!

Gerald: *nodded* I will! But let me just tell you about Mish!

Kim: Do I really need to know about her?

Gerald: I don't know, you just have to listen to what I will say, bahala ka na kung paniniwalaan mo o hindi, after that you're free! I will give you the space you wanted, getting a divorce is up to you, your decision is my decision! But let me tell you that this doesn't mean I don't love you, I will do this because I love you and will always love you, I wanted you to be happy! Kahit pa ang ibig sabihin nito ay titigil na akong mabuhay!

Kim: Gerald! Stop talking about ending your life!

Gerald: You are my life Kim, you are my life!

Kim: Get your life fixed for me! You have to promise me that Gerald!

Gerald: *looked at her* That's hard Kim! How could I live without you in my life?

Kim: You have to prove that to me Gerald! Live your life without me! I will be very proud of you if you did that! Do that for me!

Gerald: I will!

Kim: Then tell me about Mish!

Gerald: Are you sure?

Kim: I am sure!

Gerald: Mish is married! She and her husband has the same case like ours! We're never together before! When I was about to take it to the next level with her, I found out she's fallen in love with another guy! Her husband now! I felt defeated for the second time, but I know they love each other, we talked about it and ended things right, we became friends from there and never had the communication until we had to be in same project! That time, her husband's trying to win her back, she loved  and loves her husband but isn't sure if their marriage would work out after their big fight 2 years ago.They had trust issues! I don't exactly know what they'd fought about but the summary was all about trust issues!

Kim: *looked away,she's thinking what was Gerald's part in Mish and her husband's life*

Gerald: Mish knew about us, even the first time we met! I told her about me being married! She thought, I can relate to her problem so she asked for my help! I know the feeling so I offered my help! I didn't tell you about Mish because that's a past! What's important is I have you back, but if you think I should have told you about her before, I'm sorry! Forgive me of not telling you!

I was so vulnerable when we went separate ways the first time, I haven't moved on kahit isang taon na ang nakalipas, I met Mish, she's somehow been a distraction of my longing to have you in my arms, we enjoyed each other's company, I haven't heard from you for so long so I thought I needed to move on, I tried dating, and I dated Mish! Nothing happened to us, maybe we really aren't compatible or  I am just in denial with the truth that I only want you, just you! We remain that way, no commitments or whatsoever, just enjoying each other, few more months and I'm ready to commit! If my relationship with Mish will work, I would ask you for a divorce but just the day I would ask her to be my girl, she told me she fell in love with a guy!

Kim: *was just listening, she never had an idea he once had a thought of getting a divorce*

Gerald: I wanted her to be happy so I let her go, it wasn't as if I am so hurt, disappointed maybe! I'm still thankful, she had fallen inlove with another, because if not! We weren't be back together and have Giacobbe!

Kim: *gave out a weak smile*

Gerald: Since the time we started the project, we also get along to plan how to deal with her husband! We even had to stalk his husband in a hotel in Makati, just to be sure he is really telling Mish the truth, that he isn't seeing other woman, we mistakenly accused her husband's client as his mistress! And the picture you got, me and Mish at the bar was the day where she and her husband get back together, Mish wanted me to be there! I don't want you to think we're having an affair so I didn't tell you! That was my biggest mistake, I haven't learned yet from the past, I still think that way about you! I am so sorry about that! But I assure you! Malinis ang konsensya ko! Gusto ko lang na hindi maapektuhan yung tayo while I am helping two souls na magkabalikan, gusto kong maging masaya din sila tulad natin! but I was totally wrong about that! Mas sinira ko pa ngayon! and if you're not giving me another chance, for the last time, I understand Kim!

The Makati thing was all about that and she thought of Gerald having an affair with Mish! How stupid of her! She should have asked Gerald right away, he may have told her the truth that early and they didn't have to reach this point..Kim thought.

Gerald: Kim, it's up for you now to decide, whatever you'll ask I will do! Whatever will make you happy will make my heart happy! Sorry for not being a good husband to you, with this space we are taking, I will try to find myself and change for the better! Thank you for listening! The every year's reunion of the Anderson Clan will happen next week, I am telling dad, he can't introduce Giacobbe yet as a new member of the family! He'll get disappointed but it will pass, you need not to worry about not going Kim! I will take care of that! *smiled*

Kim:*sighed*

Gerald: I wanted to hear from you, before I leave!

Kim: What do you want to do?

Gerald:Whatever you wanted me to do!

Kim: I wanted you to be happy! You go and find yourself Gerald, just you! no one to think or worry about!

Gerald: Then that's what I will do! *smiled* Take care of our son! I will be back when you're ready and when I am ready!

Kim: *nodded* Thank you for everything!

Gerald: You take care Kim, always think of this- I will always love you! I will love you now, today tomorrow and forever, my love for you will never end! *stood and went near her,he kissed her forehead*

Kim: *tears flowing down her cheeks*

Gerald: It's going to be okay! Take all of your time! You know how to get hold of me when you're ready! *smiled*

Kim: Yeah! *she said it in a whisper*

Gerald: This isn't a goodbye yet! I know we'll soon see each other again! We have Giacobbe, you cannot run a way from me forever! *he *

Kim: *laughed softly* I know!

Gerald: Will I let the lawyer fix the papers for divorce?

Kim: *shook her head* Let's keep one string attached!

Gerald: *smiled* I will hold on to that string!

Kim: Ako din!

Gerald left Baguio and went back to Manila after that talk! He didn't attend the Reunion, a week after he got home from Baguio he flew and went to the States! He lived there independently, got a work for income and got a shelter to live in..