Chapter 12

Endless Love

 Kim and Gerald don't go to work on weekends..It's Saturday and it's Keisha's 3rd birthday!

Ate Kate: *sinalubong sila Kim and Gerald* I'm glad you made it! *hugged Kim and Gerald*

Gerald: Of course we can't miss this special day for Keisha..*wrapped his right arm on her shoulder*

Ate Kate: *saw the sweet gesture* wow! I guess totohanan na ang pagpapanggap?*smiled*

Kim: *laughed and looked at Gerald*

Gerald: Isn't obvious yet Ate?itong asawa ko lang naman ang pakipot!

Kim: ako na naman ang nakita mo!

Gerald: eh ikaw lang naman nakikita ko at gusto kong tignan..*smiled sweetly at her*

Ate Kate: *laughed* get a room!

Gerald: By the way ate, where's Keisha?

Ate Kate: Nasa loob, come in! the party will start in a while..

They went inside the house holding hands..

Keisha: Tito Gerald!!!! *ran towards him*

Gerald: baby! *carried Keisha*

Keisha: *kissed him and gave him a tight hug* Then Keisha looked at Kim..

Kim: *smiled at her*

Keisha: *looked at Gerald* Can I go to tita Kimmy?

Gerald: of course! *handed Keisha to Kim*

Keisha: *now carried by Kim* Tita Kimmy, are you still sad? *held Kim's face*

Kim: *was again teary eyed , she shook her head and kissed Keisha on her right cheek*

Keisha: *kissed her back*

Kim can not control her emotions again, her tears fell down to her cheeks..

Gerald: hey, are you alright?*got Keisha from her*

Kim: *nodded*

Gerald: *hugged Kim while carrying Keisha and kissed the top of her head*

Kim: I'm sorry..

Gerald: sorry for what?

Kim: for everything!

Gerald didn't get what she's saying so he gave Keisha to Ate Kate..He led Kim to his old room upstairs and locked the door..

He let her sit on the bed and he sat beside her..

Gerald: Now tell me! I noticed that everytime you hold Keisha and even Farah, you are crying!

Kim: *still on tears*

Gerald: Kimmy, if this is because the night that..

Kim: no!no, it's not only because of that!

Gerald: Then what? come on honey, tell me..*held her face*

Kim: *looked at him* You sure you wanted to know?

Gerald: of course, I wanted to know kung anong nagpapahirap sa kalooban mo..So I could help you!

Kim: We separated because you caught me using a contraceptive pill right?

Gerald: *nodded* But that's not important to me anymore, what's important is that, we found each other again and now we're back together! If you don't want us to have babies, It's fine with me now! *wiped her tears*

Kim: No, Gerald listen!

Gerald: go on..

Kim: I used a pill, because the day before we got married, I consulted my OB-Gyne..I've been through tests and she found out that if ever I get pregnant, I'm 80% at risk of bleeding, that might lead to abortion..She gave me the pill not just to block the occurence of fertilization but also to correct the imbalance..She told me that maybe it would just take a year to correct the imbalance so I didn't tell you, because I know you wanted to have a baby right away..I thought that when the time comes that I am ready to get pregnant,you won't know that I'm taking the pill, but you caught me when I'm already on my last month taking it! 

Gerald: *held her hands and kissed them*

Kim: Kung mabubuntis man sana ako noon, mawawala rin, so i didn't take the risk! I don't want the feeling na mawawalan ako ng anak, that would be the hardest feeling a mother could feel..*still crying*

Gerald: I'm so sorry, i didn't know! *teary eyed and kept kissing her hands*

Kim:Siguro nga pinaparusahan ako sa ginawa ko, 2 months after you left me, I found out I'm pregnant!

Gerald: *was shocked* we did have a baby?

Kim: *nodded and cried harder* but I lost her!

Gerald: *hugged her*

Kim: I was 3 weeks pregnant when I found out, I went immediately for check-up..

Gerald: what did the doctor tell you?

Kim: To be extra careful! although the imbalance has already been corrected, the Ob's afraid this might be the hardest pregnacy I will ever have since it's my first baby,so I rested..

After 2 months, I thought everything's doing great! so I went back to work,Mom and dad went back to Pinas before I learned I am carrying our baby so I was alone, I needed to earn for my baby, i don't want to bother mom and dad not even Ate kate and everyone!

Gerald: you should have called me..

Kim: I wanted to, but what for? The damage has been done, and I guess this is my punishment so i took all the responsibilty..

I was in my 3rd month,I was so depressed one day because of my morning sickness, and I needed to go to work..I was on my way inside the office when I felt the discomfort, a severe abdominal pain, when I looked down, I didn't see anything except blood..I was in panic that time,I can't lose my baby! she's only whom I have..

That same day, a guy helped me and rushed me to the hospital- that's Jervis!

We're too late, I had an imminent abortion and I didn't save our baby..*still crying*

Gerald's crying as well..

I went through a minor operation to remove the left fragments from my uterus..

I lost the baby not because of hormonal imbalance, but because of stress,physically and emotionally..

Gerald: I'm sorry, it might haven't happened if I didn't left you..*hugged her tighter* I'm so sorry!

Kim: I was so hopeless that time, but Jervis helped me recover..I used to the pain of my loss but it never went away..I'm sorry I lost our baby!

Gerald: ssShh..*kissed her forehead*

Kim: That's why everytime I am holding or seeing a baby, I'm feeling guilty, that maybe if I had been extra careful, I didn't lose my child..

Gerald: *wiped her tears away* It's not your fault! I guess that happened for some reasons..Honey listen to me, we can have another baby whenever you're ready! Yes, we lost our first but we can still have a baby! And do you think our little angel in heaven would be glad if she sees her mommy feeling sad and crying? *held her face*

Kim: *held his hands and kissed them* She finally gave out a smile*

Gerald: *hugged her for the nth time* that's my Kimmy! *kissed the top of her head*

They stayed at the room for a while then they joined everyone at the party..