Cone (NaMo/MoNayeon)

Twice Gay Fest

Fantasy AU in which Momo is a werewolf, Nayeon is a human, and a visit to the vet makes Momo miserable. 

"I can't believe I have to wear this stupid thing all the time." My girlfriend growled in the passenger seat. She was struggling to find a comfortable position to nap in on the ride home, but the cone she had to wear for the next few weeks was making it a little difficult. 

"Maybe be a little more careful the next full moon." I chuckled. She was almost always in her human form, as she is now, but the cone was still necessary, according to the vet. I guess her instincts would make her scratch at her nose no matter what. 

"Babe." She groaned dramatically. "How was I supposed to know that there were wildcats here?" 

"It wasn't a wildcat. It was a domestic cat. Second, obviously there are roaming housecats. They get out of people's houses all the time. Even if you didn't know, you should have probably assumed that they were around." I glanced to the side, stealing a peek at my miserable girlfriend. The cone was massive on her in human form, but it would fit her comfortably in her wolf form. 

"Can I even eat in this?" She whined. 

"Yes." I giggled. "I'll take it off so you can eat comfortably, but the moment you scratch, it goes back on." 

"Stupid cat..." She grumbled, and I heard her cone knock against the window. I turned up the radio, since her one of her favorite songs was on. Hopefully this could cheer her up. "BOOMBAYAH!" She yelled and started doing the dance to the BlackPink song in the car. 

I pulled into a McDonald's drive-through as my poor Momoring had requested while we were in the waiting room. "What do you want, babe?" I braced myself for the answer. 

"Twenty-piece chicken nuggets, four Big Macs without the sauce, lettuce, tomato- eh, I just want the meat part. Two large fries and a root beer." She was practically drooling as we drove up to the speaker. "Scratch that. I want two twenty-piece chicken nuggets." 

"Yes babe." I chuckled at her enthusiam for food. I ordered what she wanted, plus a medium order of fries and a medium lemonade for me to snack on while we drove the rest of the way home. I think the people were shocked to see only two people in the car, but when they saw Momo's cone, I think they understood. By that I mean, they realized that one of us is a werewolf. I pulled into the parking lot to get Momo's cone off. "You scratch, I pull over and put this thing on." 

"Yes, mom." She groaned. 

"Maybe I'll just leave it on-"

"No!" She screamed, grabbing my hands. "Please. Don't make me suffer." 

"I'm kidding babe." I chuckled, taking it off. "But I mean the pulling over thing. All it takes is hand to touch your nose and I'm pulling over and putting that cone back on." 

"I'll try not to scratch." She whimpered. I tossed the cone into the backseat, and handed her one of her bags of food. She squealed with happiness, then dug in to the food. I started driving towards home again. 

 

We made it home without a scratch, and I carried the cone inside and unlocked the door to Momo's home. We were planning on moving in together in a month, but since she was injured, I decided to move in early. We sat on the couch with our food and drinks, and I the TV. It was October, so horror movies were on all the time. I saw that the original Halloween would be on in five minutes, after the last five minutes of Saw. Quality horror movies, both of them. When we finished our food and drinks, I picked up Momo's cone. 

"Come here." I whispered. 

"No! That torture device...I'll never get out!" She screamed, looking at the cone. 

"Babe. We only watched the last five minutes of Saw." 

"That doesn't mean that I wanna play this game, Nayeon!" She squealed. I climbed on top of her, and struggled to put her cone on. I took a deep breath when I was victorious, and plopped back next to her with a smirk. 

"Not my fault." I shrugged. "What time is it?" 

"I won't tell." Momo sulked, turning away from me. I sighed, and took out my phone. It was going to be two hours until dinner time...so if I didn't want Momo to be eating take-out again, I'd have to start cooking now. 

"I'm gonna start cooking dinner." I got up, but was pulled down by my girlfriend. 

"Kiss." She puckered her lips. 

"The cone, babe." I giggled. I climbed onto her, and kissed the top of her head. "You're so cute." I shook her shoulders playfully, then got off of her. "What do you want for dinner?" 

"Meat!" She sprang up, following me into the kitchen. I opened her freezer to find it packed to the brim with various cuts of steak, pork, poultry, and...parts that I assume she must have hunted herself. 

"Okay, ew." I grimaced, taking a bloodied rabbit in a ziploc bag out and handing it to her. "I have no words, Momo." I picked out the store-bought steak and pork, the not-gross meat products. I her little indoor grill, and every cooking appliance she had. Cooking dinner would take a long time...all for her to gobble down in fifteen minutes or less. 

"Don't diss rabbit." She opened the bag and smelled it, then grimaced. "Okay, um. In my defense, it's better when it's alive." 

"Please just eat store-bought stuff. I understand if you hunt it yourself, that's fine, just...please don't bring it home. It's gross." 

"You'll learn, Nayeon." She shrugged, tossing the bagged rabbit into the trash. 

"I'm not a werewolf, so...I'm sure I'll stay disgusted with half-eaten animals." I chuckled. 

"If you say so..." She hummed, tilting her head to the side. 

I finished cooking dinner, with a cone-headed Momo pestering me every ten minutes for a bite. I sat down at the table with her; the whole thing was covered in meat. I took off her cone. "The rules still apply. If you touch your nose, I'll cone you." She stuck her tongue out at me, then dug into the food. I enjoyed the dinner as a normal human being; a fork and knife and eating one piece at a time. Momo tried to be human-like, but failed. She ended up eating everything with her hands. 

I cleaned her face before putting her cone back on her. I sent her to the bathroom to wash her hands, and I started doing the dishes. I heard her footsteps as she raced back to me after washing her hands. She barrelled into me, nearly knocking me into the sink. 

"Thanks for the food~" She hummed, trying to nuzzle me. All I got were little scratches from her plastic cone. 

"Ow..." I sighed. "The cone hurts, babe." I rubbed my cheek. Momo looked taken aback. 

"Oh...I'm sorry." 

"It's not your fault." I kissed her shoulder, since I was too short to kiss her over the cone. "It's the dumb cone." 

"Can we still cuddle? And sleep together? And-"

"Yes." I giggled, kissing her shoulder again. I nuzzled my face into her shoulder, since her neck was occupied by the cone. 

"But-"

"I'll deal with it, silly." I patted her , then turned back to the dishes. 

"You work too much." She turned off the faucet and dragged me to the couch. "Take this stupid thing off so I can kiss you."